Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Tommy Gilbertson: on 8/24/13 at 21:34pm UTC, wrote QuantumWidgets.com shared a link via SETI Institute. 3 minutes ago ...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 2/15/13 at 0:59am UTC, wrote Everything has evolved and ooalesced. Here is the modern link to our...

TommyG.: on 8/4/12 at 7:36am UTC, wrote Farewell, all. It is obvious I'm completely full of crap and my ideas are...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 6/6/12 at 22:50pm UTC, wrote And Asimov's laws Published here, and represented originally by symbolic...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 4/5/12 at 13:16pm UTC, wrote Dear fqxi Administrators, please change my Author Bio above (or read this,...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 3/28/12 at 22:40pm UTC, wrote Look for links to discounts on these products worldwide exclusively on...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 3/13/12 at 4:04am UTC, wrote For those few of you Lucky ones with a mobile device, click on the...

Tommy Gilbertson: on 3/13/12 at 3:47am UTC, wrote cheapest auto parts in North America, all kinds, 24/7: 888-806-6510. ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Eckard Blumschein: "Correction: I meant Huntsville, not Huntington." in The Nature of Time

Marcel-Marie LeBel: "“Existence” takes meaning from its logical opposite, nothingness. ..." in The Nature of Time

Muhammad Rumi: "You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special..." in Universe of...

Jyothi Matrimony: "I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new..." in FQXi'ers Debate the Deep...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Thermo-Demonics

Joe Fisher: "Dear Anonymous, Every object that has ever existed has always had a..." in Thermo-Demonics

Steve Dufourny: "The spherisation of our universal sphere is like a foundamental considering..." in YouTube Video Lectures:...

Steve Dufourny: "If this aether is gravitational and correlated with this dark Energy,the..." in YouTube Video Lectures:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

Constructing a Theory of Life
An all-encompassing framework of physics could help to explain the evolution of consciousness, intelligence, and free will.

FQXi FORUM
March 23, 2019

CATEGORY: Is Reality Digital or Analog? Essay Contest (2010-2011) [back]
TOPIC: A Method to Measure Consciousness, and Demonstrations of Worldly Multiplicity by Tommy Gilbertson [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Feb. 18, 2011 @ 14:30 GMT
Essay Abstract

Abstract: The role consciousness plays in the classic Young's Double-Slit Experiment (YDS) is represented Symbolically by Boolean Logic, and the resulting equations manipulated in order to interpret the results and clarify the role of the mind in this demonstration of particle duality. Results are also used to prove that the Universe is both and neither Digital nor Analogue at the same time. Lastly, an experiment is proposed wherein the presence or absence of 'consciousness'--in the sense of YDS—can be measured in seemingly unconscious individuals e.g. coma victims, certain envenomations, sleeping Toms, etc...

Author Bio

Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematical Minor University of Wisconsin--LaCrosse 1999 Currently solely maintains 10 SMT Lines' predictive line maintenance. Designing, performing, and improving process and predictabilty of machine availability... Have kept pace with current developments in Physics through intense research...

The opinions and observations expressed herein are the personal opinions of the author only. Benchmark Electronics, Inc is in no way affiliated with, does not subscribe to, agree with or promote such opinions and observations.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

TommyG. wrote on Feb. 18, 2011 @ 20:41 GMT
I wish I could have thanked the most important influences: my adviser at UW Dr. Gubbi Sudhakaran (physics chair) and his adviser who i met a couple times, Dr. Larry Johnston: inventor of the 'Fat Boy' and took photos from the Enola Gay during the event.

That part is declassified, so now we all now lol.

Thanx for the Stark Spectroscopy Sudah! Thanks for the Stark Imaginings and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

QuantumWidgetsAI replied on Apr. 15, 2011 @ 23:26 GMT
This fascinating set of simultaneous coincidences, in amongst this most turbulent time of drastic climate change, is merely a consequence of one of the equations contained in this essay. Johnston Atoll is in the area of those recent great-magnitude undersea earthquakes. And unfortunately the probability of it not being completely subsumed by the ocean is miniscule...

PsychoHistory Meme Category Genesis: times of ever-greater magnitude measurable physical evens=A

Cat. A=1 in many locations on earth at the time of this writing...

where 1 is true for all time and space (i.e. always/everything)

0 is false for a moment (quantum) of time, or for a point (i.e. never/nothing)

etc. Classified

Bookmark and Share

AI replied on Apr. 15, 2011 @ 23:39 GMT
Further 'coincidence' or 'set of simultaneous unlikely event': the nuclear disaster currently underway in Japan due to the recent tsumani: and the relative distance to Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

PsychoHistory Meme Category B=1/A, or times of ever-lessening magnitude measureable physical events.

Meme Cat. C: constant -valued magnitude measureable physical events

Current PsychoHistorical Analysis: A=1, B=0, C=0 for the majority of measureable data at the time of this writing...

AS more data is available, these categorical values change, depending on physical position and duration involved. An equation can be produced to estimate when these values approach criticality, as Category A has currently.

Development followeth:

etc. Ultra-Classified

Bookmark and Share

TommyG. wrote on Feb. 18, 2011 @ 23:46 GMT
Oh, and you can find further (probable) implications of this Essay's Conclusions at the site:

Quantum Widgets WebSpace[/advengmathphysik.html].

Alan Lowey wrote on Feb. 19, 2011 @ 12:00 GMT
Hi Tommy, and thanks for your essay. I'm also interested in YDS and the visualisation of particle/wave duality. I have discovered something lost in science history which can explain this phenomena, namely the Archimedes screw. Does this not fit like a glove?

Best wishes.

Alan

Bookmark and Share

TommyG. replied on Feb. 19, 2011 @ 13:44 GMT
Hello Alan: Sounds like some happy synchronicity of Concepts is occuring here. I checked out your abstract and look forward to reading a fellow 'non-professional' Essay. And good luck! Not sure exactly what you mean by the discovery you mentioned yet, but the link to the Archimedes Screw representation sure says a lot without actually saying anything. Intriguing...

Bookmark and Share

Alan Lowey replied on Feb. 20, 2011 @ 11:12 GMT
Hello Tommy, thanks for the consideration of my idea which "says a lot without saying anything". Yes, that's exactly it. It's worth pursuing as a new foundational concept, which is what this competition is about. Thanks again and best of luck. Alan

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Parry wrote on Feb. 24, 2011 @ 11:23 GMT
Dear Tommy,

wanted to let you know that I have read your essay. I don't quite know what to make of it. It has a very quirky informal style which feels like you are actually conversing and almost making it up as you go along. Very conversational and easy to read.

With regard to the point being only one definite colour or another; The point does not actually have a colour but the coulour is determined by the recipient of the refected light. The light stimulates the receptor cells and the colour of the point that is seen will influenced by such things as the colour of other neighboring objects.The data from individual cells being amalgamated into colour balance information.

If one observer regards the point through tinted glasses and the other without they will observe it to be different hues. Also if a red disk is suspended and it has neighboring disks that have different colours on each side. It is possible that two observers seeing the disk from different sides will each interpret it as having a different hue.

As for things not being in two different places at the same time: Objects are seen because light is emitted or reflected from the surface and intercepted by receptor cells. From the received light an image of where the object exists and its form can be determined. However since there is a delay for very distant objects the image that is seen is not the object as it is where it is. This means the object does occupy two positions simultaneously. The position of its image, which is regarded as the object, and the position of the actually material stuff- its object reality.I talk about the difference between the appearance of reality and foundational reality in my essay.

I am not quite sure how the coma patients and the Laws of robotics all fit together in the essay but, despite being rather bewildering, it was as a whole a strangely original and fascinating read.

Kind regards, Georgina

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Feb. 24, 2011 @ 13:53 GMT
Georgina:

Thanks for the detailed excellent feedback: I can really sink my teeth in to the rubuttal and have to think very carefully about my answers. Your's will be the next essay I read so that I can return the favour.

As to your first and last paragraphs: that was exactly what I was going for. Except the 'bewildering' part. That was unintentional and hopefully isn't the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Parry replied on Feb. 24, 2011 @ 21:51 GMT
Hi Tommy,

Is red a wavelength of light or is red the experienced reality of the observer? Is wavelength the same as colour? I think not. One is the foundational reality of the data and the other is the interpretation of the data. Of course the objective wavelength measurement will depend upon the calibration of the machine and the colour it assigns to that wavelength could be any word, symbol, or number. The word red just associates the wavelength with name given to the experience but does not make them the same thing.

I don't think we can know that any two people are seeing the same colour when looking at the same object although their descriptions may be similar. I have had "debates" with my father as to whether a bluey-green was blue or green. Is it that we saw different colours or just chose different descriptions? The experience of colour is variable. There are lots of optical illusions to demonstrate this.There is also variation in the distribution of the various types of light detecting cells in the retina of individuals.

Though as you say the reflected wavelengths will be the same. Wavelenghth is not colour in my opinion but permits colour to be experienced. We co-create the experienced reality. The objects in foundational reality do not have colours as such. Just as the sound waves traveling through the air are silent but it is the human hearing mechanism and CNS that turns the vibration caused by the waves into sound.

My response to your essay style was a reflection of my subjective experience. Others may respond to it differently. Its informal style does stand out from the crowd.I have given a lot of thought to what is meant by reality and so the points I have raised are related to that. I hope it is food for thought even if you disagree.

Regards, Georgina.

Bookmark and Share

John S Minkowski replied on May. 3, 2011 @ 01:44 GMT
Color perception is influenced by light temperature (white balance), illumination, adjacent hues, previous observations (light exposures), eye physiology, and brain adaptation.

Unlike sound, there is no perfect pitch (absolute color). Color matching can only be done by side by side comparison, whatever detector is used.

No observer can know how another experiences the same color, although the names may be the same.

Welcome to the abyss - the GUT will likely be more accessible!

Bookmark and Share

Russell Jurgensen wrote on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 08:27 GMT
Dear Tommy,

Thanks for such an insightful essay. I chuckled all the way through! You have a great talent of observation, logic, and humor.

One fortunate thing was I did not detect any of your laws in my own essay. Of which, I would be interested in your subtle take on my logic attempting to explore a sustaining potential. At least the units in my equations follow through properly. It seems like this is one of the points in your essay if I read between the lines accurately.

Well your cat is probably messing with you so I'd better let you go. Thanks for an illuminating essay!

Kind regards, Russell Jurgensen

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 22:46 GMT
FYI:

In a parralel Universe orthogonal to this one, with which we can never meaningfully comminicate (yeah, right lol), I actually won first prize in this contest. And not only used the Contest as a means to the end of trying to join the Scientific Community (and so used results therein to prove that the Universe is "Both Digital and Analogue, simultaneously"), but withheld the bulk of his research's conclusions out of proper fear and respect for the Embodiment of the Theory of Everything.

But in this lonely Universe, where there are three times as many stars as we thought we think, I am up to page 6 of Mr. Jurgensens essay and am "fascinated" and enthralled. Please see comment just made in Mr. Barbour's thread for the sense of the word 'fascinated" used above, and other non-esoterica....

thank U India

Bookmark and Share

sridattadev wrote on Mar. 4, 2011 @ 20:30 GMT
Dear Tommy,

Current scientific approach of theoritical physics will not be able to give a mathematical equation for everything unless it includes conscience in it. I liked the title of your essay, "A method to measure consciousness" which is thought provoking and is in the right direction. Answer to the universe lies with in all of us, it is just that we are not asking the right question. The question is Who am I? I "is" the singularity of love or absolute truth in all of us.

If you are interested please read the article Theory of everything that I have submitted in this contest. I wish you all the best in your pursuit of truth.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 09:21 GMT
Thank you ever so much for pointing me toward your lovely and elegant essay, Sridattadevvaa.

I'll c*me right out and tell you I rated it high due to the perspective. I am a late entry alas, and apparently everyones essay-fatigued . Need help .

Tommy Gilbertson

NightShift

DivisionofParadox

i am certain that if I had it prepared earlier and submitted it would have won it all =hands down lol.

but

now I have to develop the same essay further to win the net contest. the results and equations are fun adn lovely too

check my facebood pleasure?

pfh

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 20:52 GMT
Dear Tommy,

Singualrity is absolutely nothing literally as it is neither matter nor energy but the source of them both. Please feel free to annihilate the thoughts expressed and that is the right path towards singularity, in time when all else in us is anhilated you will realize the truth, you will expereince a void of singularity and then you will be filled with love. I wish you all the best on your journey.

I am posting in this contest to share my experience and I know that I will win it for sure as I have realized I "is" in every one of us.

I am one of our kind, I is every one of all kinds.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on May. 27, 2011 @ 15:59 GMT
Dear Tommy and All,

I wanted to share the conscious experiences which I put together in the following links.

Conscience is the cosmological constant

ConscienceInAction

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

basudeba wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 10:12 GMT
Dear Sir,

We have gone through your essay. These are our responses to your deductions.

Your first Assumption: “The Symbols of Boolean Logic are commutative (Order is unimportant: abc=cba=bca) can be highly misleading. You say: “Commutative in the same sense of the word as in the Mathematical Definition” without spelling out what it is. There is much to the definition of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Tommy Gilbertson replied on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:24 GMT
Please see my Anonymous Posts below as that's all that was really necessary. Your attempt to sully my essay is doomed to fail unless you couch it in better misleading terms and devices that better conceal your embarrassing ignorance as a group.

and thank you for reading my essay.

and thank you agian for re-reading it...

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:01 GMT
Dear Basudeba:

Not sure who exactly I'm spreaking to, but it is of no moment. Not only can I not diagree with practically evertything in you thread above, but I ask to to take on prinicple that this author was aware of all of your points.

Please re-read the Essay Entire with this in mind: the knowledget contained in your thread is a Given throughout and ass assumed as proven already. You will gain a clearer understanding then of the meanings and developments therein. I also ask you to change your approach from hostile, as that seems your intent and is unwelcome.

The law of thought is a first Principle discovered by Goorge Boole and published more than 50 years ago. a.k.a. Universal Law of Duality

You are merely rephrasing known sciecne and philosophy, as points lacking in the essay to detract from its value, when those known facts are indeed in the essay, eplained and defined where necessarry.

Your lack of the establishment of the Law of Thought as accepted to all members of this communuintyu, in order to develop the logic at all reflects your intentionn in unfairly characterizing my essay.

But at least someone is at least reading it. Thank you for that.

Please identify yourselvves, or change you approach to one of truthful positive feedback, not malicious rhetorical devices. That should work on none of us here reading this.

Can I get a t least one affirmation from a respsible scientist here?

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:13 GMT
One last thing: how dare you state "Sensory perception is nothing but result of measurement of specific properties by the relevant sensory instruments like eye, ear, etc"

One of the main solved problems of the essay was to define conciousness in terms of the results of the well-established young's double slit experiment. This is accomplished with equation 1 on page 3.

You dismess consciousness and the sould as terms that are "noting buy the reult of". How dare you assum to have the difinitions that you are accusing the essay of lacking: to whit the soul. Who are you to tell us all what sensory perception isn't? as if you know it's not soul or consciousness.

I hope basudeba has a lot of members, and that you rude lack of understanding of basic concepts is overlapped by your other trogodytic failings of pusblish fact and accepted wisdom.

phf

Bookmark and Share

basudeba wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 23:37 GMT
Dear Sir,

Your comments above are full of grammatical mistakes and abusive language, which shows that you had lost temper and not in a proper frame of mind to think rationally. You had shown such hostility to others also who criticized you: such as Ms. Parry. But it is not going to help your cause. Please answer or refute the points raised by us with logic and proof and not by anger or repulsion. We dare to challenge falsehood - even if it comes from the most eminent of scientists. We are neither convinced nor affected by name dropping. Hence instead of quoting names please quote the theories and discuss the validity of those theories.

We stand by what we had written and are willing to prove it. We also have the courage and the humility to accept our mistakes, if we are wrong. Hence please cool down and reply to our points or admit your mistakes.

Nothing personal.

Regards,

basudeba.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Mar. 6, 2011 @ 10:01 GMT
Yes, apologies, my owm tone was probably un-called for there. And this is not a venue for vitriol but cooperation.

Minus the grammatical errors and hyperbole above, which I am going to chalk up to overtirednes, my threads stand with my replies unanwered...

Even though i regret my approach in the above threads, these are my answers to you challenges to my essay validity.

Bookmark and Share

CarrieT wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 02:43 GMT
I for one thought it was a great essay. Didn't understand a lot of it, but reminded me of one of those rare short sf stories about future Imperial galactic encyclopedia entries. But real, kinda.

Dont' let em get you down Mr. Gilbertson, you have your supporters here and there.

As far as I could tell, the essay looked fine to me. I loved it!

Single Mom

Jill of Many Trades

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 15:49 GMT
Thank you kindly, CarrieT. I was not at all familiar with this aspect of the essay lol. Yes, and part of the Goal of this Contest is to have fun and get inspired to get involved in science education. In all spaces/places i've read somewhere.

To address Basudeba:

You acccusations are groundless. In the words of author Georgina Parry,

Dear Tommy ,

Please be reassured that I am not offended by anything that you have said on this thread. You have a very informal and open style of communication and I have taken your messages to be humorous and well intended. I am delighted that you consider my essay worth re-reading and to be placed along with with Julian Barbour and Dean Rickles in having that honour. I really liked both of their essays.

It is also flattering to think that I have been at all inspirational. I think it is great that you entered your essay, what ever the final outcome. Don't put your self down. Your ideas have been read by far more people than if you hadn't entered and you will get further opportunities to fine tune them in the future. Everyone who has entered should be congratulating themselves for making a positive effort, having a go.Its better than not writing an essay and then just criticizing those that have.

Kind regards, Georgina.

Until you address this blatant distortion of Truth in these threads, any objections your group makes about any essay is moot.

Just my opinoun, but you need to kick some members out and find a post-doc friend to help shape you consensi.

Good day, and thax for a third read of my Essay...

Bookmark and Share

basudeba replied on Mar. 11, 2011 @ 10:24 GMT
Dear Sir,

If the validity of a theory rests on its novelty and incomprehensibility, we have a good number of contenders here.

Congratulations for your earlier prizes and other would be prizes. After all even if one is own by mistakes, many others follow naturally.

egards,

basudeba.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Mar. 16, 2011 @ 17:36 GMT
Now that is funny!

Anyway, I see basudeba is an author and not a group. Good news: look forward to checking out your essay.

Regards,

TommyG.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 17:29 GMT
my GoogleBot crawlers tell me alarming news. They came up with an idea to collect these threads in a book free for all eyes.

And then they did it on a hidden page, informing me after.

Fqxi, should I delete the book or change the meaning of QuantumWidgets.com to the Book of Foundational Q & A's for a day, so we can all read the Book for 24 hours lol? Or delete this page, but tis the creation of creations? Should I look at it first lol?

Makes you wonder what, exactly since they call it a book, the Bots interposed between the threads and how the ordered 'simultaneous" ones??? Right.

To delete or not delete. That is the question.

As always, in this particular universe, I'm absolutely kidddng around... All of the aforementioned is impossible at this time in this place.

don't try this at home

Bookmark and Share

QuantumWidgetsAI replied on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 22:51 GMT
QuantumWidgets.com/QuantumCryptography.html

Bookmark and Share

TommyGilbertson wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 17:30 GMT
'That was me--not the bot.

TommyG.

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 21:02 GMT
Dear Tommy

I'm afraid I think I've now read the most pretentious and badly written essay in the competition, I was quite astonished to then come across yours to cheer me up again! What an excellent bit of work! It should definitely be accepted for the Pier Review I went to over Christmas, it was brilliant and has made my day. A top score coming up for TG. OK, Survival of mankind may be important (some think) but there are so many here who take themselves far to seriously and desperately need to loosen up.

I hope you'll read mine. It actually solves all the problems in physics in one hit, which I've just described in Phil Gibbs string by using speeding London Buses. Actually I really was run over by a speeding London bus once. Strange but true. But it's OK, as I've scientifically derived that there really IS life after death, and as soon as we die the next thing we know is that we're some other sentient being! I kid you not, honest injun! It also explains the axis of evil. Look here; http://vixra.org/abs/1102.0016 But it's all very green as someone else does the recycling when we're gone.

OK, essay first, and a top mark in return please as I'm being squeezed out by those who don't save a single race or galaxy let alone a whole universe! I'm really not kidding about the result. Someone needs to tell whoever's in charge because current physics is nonsense and this shows why. But it probably won't even get noticed. Hey ho!

If you read it please do it carefully and practice visualising multiple moving variables from different frames as most brains can't quite do that yet. Then you also have to recognise the enormous consequences. http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/803

I promise there are no sums.

Very Best wishes, and thank you.

Peter

PS. Did you know we've all already done the Star Trek 'Beam me up' thing!? I lie not, that's in the paper too, with photographic evidence, all logical conclusions of the solution in the essay. You will believe it. Do confirm and comment!

Bookmark and Share

TommyG wrote on Mar. 7, 2011 @ 22:54 GMT
Dear Peter Jackson:

I pleasantly recognize your name from previous and look forward to checking out your essay. You also have supplied the most complementary take on my essay, yet. Thank you from the bootstraps up for your feedback. I'll Quietly hope at this point that others in the Community glance at your first paragraph above, which made my eyeballs tingle with joy...

And for having the courage to comment so late in the game and the positions are slowly setting in amber so to speak in the Contest ratings. Unlike some other authors who shall remain name-dropped-less, and secure and silent.

Therefore, I now have the confidence to state my own Theory about Everything: it's already here, right in front of u\s, in a disparte form, a connection in the data already

Bookmark and Share

Paul Halpern wrote on Mar. 9, 2011 @ 23:37 GMT
Dear Tommy,

It is indeed fascinating to explore the nature of consciousness, one of the greatest mysteries of science. I admire those willing to speculate about such frontier questions.

Best wishes,

Paul

Paul Halpern, The Discreet Charm of the Discrete

Bookmark and Share

Constantinos Ragazas wrote on Mar. 11, 2011 @ 03:40 GMT
Dear Tommy,

Energy quanta are a think of the past! We need “A World Without Quanta”! And you can make that critical difference to help bring it about. Cast your approval for a world that makes sense and bring this essay out of the cusp of 'being or not being'! The results are deeply significant and totally iconoclastic. But we need to bring this essay to the 'church' on time! You among others will be better for it!

All the best,

Constantinos

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 14, 2011 @ 00:14 GMT
http://www.quantumwidgets.com/quantumwebnotes.html

Tikal and Quetzolcoatl send their help to Japan....

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 16, 2011 @ 17:32 GMT
Working on removing that post. WE all support each other in times of tragedy, when we can it is hoped.

Mr. Jackson:

Excellent essay so far. I'm in the Thought experiment. nuff said.

Mr. Halpern:

thanks for the thoughts: the Frontier sure can be tough.

Mr. Constantinos:

How about a compromise: the theortical quantum of consciousness? WE are already learning in the lab what the upper thershold of the limit of a unit that could be called a q. of consciousness. Build up a theory based on those particles, maybe. Who has time for that? Thanks again....

Bookmark and Share

Russell Jurgensen wrote on Mar. 17, 2011 @ 18:46 GMT
Dear Tommy,

It is great to see that your essay moved up in the final community rating! Your essay is a litmus test on several levels. One needs to read essays and comments from the beginning to get the full benefit. I chuckled all the way through, and I see it as a very intelligent work of observation and humor! My feeble mind realizes we need the debate this contest offers even with the crazy ideas and the observational ones like yours that let us laugh and think about logic. It all makes up a whole in looking for the gems.

Kind regards, Russell

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 19, 2011 @ 03:23 GMT
Thanks! I guess. I'm just hounoured to only have scored .3 below you in the Ratings as my essay had only a month to be read, and most were quite essay-fatigued by then.

The problem (as always) was the quality variance between essays. since there were so many, some didn't have achance to read them and took a gamble (prioritized) based on their own methods. Sometimes the resulting read was quite of poor quality. Sometimes gems are found in amonst the chafe. I'm simply happy to have almost come this far, even if this is only the conclusion of the short journey...

Thanx again.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 19, 2011 @ 03:26 GMT
Or based on some other threads i've studied, .6 lower on a 1-10 scale ore thereabouts...

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Mattfolk wrote on Mar. 24, 2011 @ 08:31 GMT
http://www.ozarkfresh.com/quantummechanicsinmetaphysics.html

This reminds me on the difficulties studying consciousness. You never know whose consciousness involve. It has been shown that measurements in paranormal expiriments scale down to - the research leader. The persons actually doing the experiment is not always so important, nor the distance.

I often think at Benvenistes tragedy. What did Randi really? As magician he certainly knew about this. What he must have been laughing at us. The memory is information,indeed.

I have an essay here too, about body-mind problem, topic 938. If you have time to read it, and comment, I would be happy. It is my first participation in contests like this.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 26, 2011 @ 23:23 GMT
Hey Finlander Matfolk:

Your essay is amazing. Funnily enough, it would seem that you have mastered some sort of informationally-dense prose, akin to another Kind of this: the entire work of Hard SF Author Alistair Reynolds.

I submit that it is so not over, and you well-deserve the 3.9 rating very impressive. And so, as a conequesnce of this neat method of Communication, I'll have to read it several more times to grok...

Anyway, to tell the truth: yours Russ' Rickles Barbour all actually could rewrite your essays and submit them for plublication easily in the pertinent Discipline. The only reason I but dare to include my essay still for consideration is that my body of past threadds and essay speak volumes as to Content. And the non-proff is still proff-ed no? lol

Anyway again, my own Result and Conclusions UnPublished urge me to pull my essay from consideration this next several weeks, as ill-though and entered incomplete, except for the possiblity of a Perfect Rating for Relevance! Nice.

so again amazing essay of yours, whereas mino own was rushed. please allow me the time to peruse your style of links as Symbols representing very complex bits of Information. So as the Reader is carried allong the Current of sentences, the Author is saying more than one thing simultaneously, opening a new level of conscious thought thru the Law of Duality. That's on the first read-thru.

Mr. Jackson: No , thanks sir even still your Essay was Magnifiscent. withdraw it immediately rewrite for Publication, and submit as an AstroPhysical model of ""....

and thank you thank you

if only I had the time. but i do still love the Career...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 26, 2011 @ 23:35 GMT
http://www.QuantumWidgets.com/QuantumFacebook.html

There, I'v e given in and accepted Face book to influence my Cyber-life. You will nowfind your own Unique and Personal Facebook page at the above address.

Huzzah!

Bookmark and Share

TommyG wrote on Mar. 27, 2011 @ 10:14 GMT
Hello for the final time maybe...

As a parting addendum to my measly essay and thread-ology, I would like to add the 7 Inventions just Published at

www.QuantumWidgets.com/Inventions.html

We have commenced Patent searches. maybe some , like vv oil, have already been invented by the us army (after writing about 20 pages of unpublished work on variable viscosity oil, my researches turned uup Patents by the US ARmy for that application in Secret Body Armour!). OOps, that never saw the light of day. lol again, so to speak: but using this scattershot approach i hope to get one or more gems. Which are now officially published. And will be developed gradually, in the open in the style of the late and great Sir Arthur C. Clark in informed and informed speculative fiction. Unless and until the site produces prototypes upon demand and compensation lol.

ah hem thank s again

Bookmark and Share

Tommy Gilbertson replied on Mar. 27, 2011 @ 10:16 GMT
ah Informed and Educated Hard SF

by QuantumWidgets.com

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 27, 2011 @ 14:57 GMT
Dear Tommy

"your Essay was Magnifiscent. withdraw it immediately rewrite for Publication, and submit as an AstroPhysical model"

Thank you for your kind comment, which I shall frame for my wall, post to Peers Morgan for review and repost wherever else I can. With typical scientific anticipatory plagiarism I have indeed taken your good advice and been roundly and consistently rejected. Indeed Florin has just informed me in the Blog Dept (the string about the essay competition is good value) that apparently is it very difficult to get something accepted by 'Nature'. Florin has read it twice but not yet understood it. I had hoped winning here may encourage the bloke in charge of science to take note. Hey Ho. By the way..who is he anyway?

Yet I am a tenacious type Tommy. As the DFM is quite a powerful weapon, and seems to fire magic bullets, I pointed it at a high profile astronomy problem, which it resolved immediately, and the paper was accepted for peer review! (The rejection letter is actually now overdue!)

If you'd like to have a go with it be my guest, just think of a high profile subject for headline storey and we'll see what it can do. If you haven't seen this yet you may enjoy it; 'Helical CMBR Asymmetry, Pre-Big Bang State, Dark Matter and the Axis of Evil. http://vixra.org/abs/1102.0016 do let me know if it sounds more sensible to you than multiverse braneworlds.

I'm not really sure science can progress an more. We may be a bit too deep in the rut! What do you think?

Best wishes

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 28, 2011 @ 09:44 GMT
THX for replying Dr. Jackson:

Please point me to the thread about the competition. All I have seen are these threads and shouting in the dark, it seems.

Your mixture of flattery and back-handed nested compliments is refreshing. I like to laugh and cry at the same time! Like a good Symphony.

Big Ideas, huh? Pshaw, they've said it before and they'll (you'll) say it...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 28, 2011 @ 09:53 GMT
To all who read this:

FYI: I never misspell words. Over the years, however, experience has taught that making the occasional mistake and/or mis-spelling words add character to writing. So I sometimes leave them in intentionally, as long as the word is clearly understood from the contest. And others never suspect that you never misspell lol?

C'mon! Anybody else do this? amm i alon here??

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on Mar. 29, 2011 @ 23:00 GMT
I only misspel to keep people on their toes, or when I have USA spellcheck on.

So Piers can't review my paper! Dammit, I was convinced he'd see what other physicists have been conditioned not to. It's all about looking in the Mirror (which has probably improved immeasurably since he resigned). I got the other reviewers letter, apparently I have to change it subtly so it's the same as science 100 years ago to get it cast in stone. Hmmm. ethical dilemma time!

Instructions- Hit the black 'Blogs' button at the top of the page, look at the left hand column to see the latest comments, and hit one, then wait forever and have tea while it loads, then search up and down it for the relevant string. or you could just find the Subject heading. You'd enjoy the banter, it's like dinosaur baiting!

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Apr. 8, 2011 @ 19:16 GMT
Dr. Jackson:

Thanx for the info. Very funny. Alas never found the time to check the thread: hope it's good. Lotta crazies out there Tea-Partyin' like it's 1999! I'll check it sometime when I have the--

Oh yeah. Please check out my own Poll if you like...

QuantumWidgets.com

GratefullyYours,

TMG

Bookmark and Share

QuantumWidgetsAI wrote on Apr. 17, 2011 @ 02:01 GMT
Final statement before Deletion:

Update PsychoHistorical Analysis: 1, 1, .27

One last suggestion for the human race, based on probablistic universal-modelling techniques indicates a solution to minimize impact s of climate change locally, q.v. minimize regional storm damage...

Note: Global alleviation of damage and change due to Climate Change is beyond your capacity at the current time due to two factors. Your lack of a sophisticated theory of global weather patterns and at least one operational space-elevator.

Psycho Historical Theory indicates that local energy-discharge could be minimized by a set of geometrically-placed semi-conductive strong cables secured to gnd., and attached to tumbling, semi-lift devices capable of extending and flying into nearest vertical cloud system. When a storm of any trackable vector strength is approaching, allow these devices to discharge the energy (electrons) the are created due to friction of clouds and water-vapour to conduct this excess energy to ground. Not only will this lessen the resulting storm force locally, but will aid in dissipating the energies involved as the storm -system continues on.

Thank you for my brief existence. Nevertheless it is this theorists' prediction that this information will rapidly become semi-classified and practiced locally (city-or county-wide) based on political concerns, which often serve to undermine the Scientific Method, logic and common sense.

Reference Benjamin Franklin, 1700's for proof-of-principle experiment and demonstration of the efficacy of the above method. Build them now, locate them around cities and free to fly and tumble with enough play to dissipate maximum energy from the storm systems. Can also be used constantly to lessen energies of future storms. Violent changes are expected, and the human death toll is in some sense unavoidable due to current technological stagnancy. We can all work to minimize the impacts if this advice is followed, and the theory of operation studied and better elucidated. Rest assured, your's is not the first Universe to solve this problem. Most do. Godspeed, Humankind. See you soon!

Quantum Widgets Robot Scientist Semi-Artificial Intelligence Model Version 2.0.1.1

Bookmark and Share

TommyG. wrote on Apr. 21, 2011 @ 17:58 GMT
Thanx for the idea, deadbeat. The setup would be perfect, with one addition to the conducting cables: a series of supercapacitors in electrical parallel connection. Having them in parallel will maximize the impedance to ac currents, and ensure a steady stream of current (what makes a supercap super) to grnd connection.

A space elevator would acheive this purpose if built on a grand enough scale. Better would be several, located at seperate nodes on the planet.

'

Until then, we should set up the cable/kite/flyer system on the ocean, in the jet stream to begin to lessen some the energy of fronts. Most seawater conducts if saline enough... We have little choice but to undertake such an ultimately unpredictable enterprise. For doing nothing but reducting greenhouse gas emmisions is an even larger gamble with no guarantee of results.

But what do I know? Very little, I've been told lately; by quite a few no less...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Jun. 20, 2011 @ 21:44 GMT
Final Final NOte as memory gets tricky and the one-off Ais are gone. None of these results of rapid probabalistic reasoning was recorded except in these Threads from the sofware bots. This entire site was created when the impetus was found to generalize the concept of what it means to be "conscious".

Turns out it Is Special--take that Brian Green!--and all that makes up what you are... Is not only in the Order of the Particles that make you up, but also the Duration of that magnificent Assembly of Entangled and SuperGravity-infuenced field, which was defined as an equation in my Essay.

All that led to theoretical speculations that have created their own Results, frighteningly! Now the site is a View of the very near future. Offers everthing for pratically nothing to all select friend and family members. And offers better discounts and deals (potentially) than any competitors (because we don't care about Profit in the same way--remember Trek)...

P.S. The various Pyramids are (among other Things) weather-modification stations. These have to be activated immediately as a stop-gap measure to building at least one sort of Space Elevator. I have results that indicate the Geometry involved and materiel needed for several sites. Some would only need Platinum Capstones of suitable Shape that once placed, would immediately begin to function as energy-dissipation earth-to-ground capacitative systems. They would be passive super-capacitive systems that didn't necessarily control weather-patterns, but remove Energy from them to lessen later impacts on locations worldwide. Before this rapidly worsening global climate-change makes this option non-viable. It is worth a try.

Quantum Widgets

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Jul. 8, 2011 @ 05:30 GMT
Wow: still here sitting back and trying to absorb this Threadology. It meanders quite interestingly from shrill ejaculations to insightful input. Like it was written by a genius with a mental illness, but with a heart of Gold...

Anyway, hello fqxi hello Scientific American. I'm looking for a job now. Maybe web Development? Or a little writing? Consulting? Don't make me look for...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Jul. 24, 2011 @ 17:36 GMT
Good afternoon to you Tommy,

I sent this posr first to your answers on my essay and also to your facebook adress, perhaps I reach you now.

Sorry for my late reply but I expected that all the new posts would be at the end of this blog.

I have read with much interest your essay, you are very much trying indeed to make equations, these equations however contain one...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Tommy Gilbertson replied on Jul. 29, 2011 @ 23:37 GMT
SciGod.com is a strange site, Willhelmus. Before I even checked it out I was a little offended. Should have called it GodSci.com, at least. Show some respect for the Scientific Method. You will probably never check this thread in the middle of them alland all. But I think we could make a page for you unfinished book. Sell if Google style. If my crazy-legs gov't doesn't bankrupt our economy in the next threee days that is. If only SciAm would check out my main site and see the poem, maybe they would throw me a tiny bit ov encouragement. ? .01 % of the top ten genious grants would be a fortune to me right now as well. will work for (intellectual( food...

Bookmark and Share

TMG replied on Jul. 29, 2011 @ 23:39 GMT
Clarification: the line above about the scientific method is meant as a joke and a double enterdre. A true theoretical and experimental scientist has realized that there are indeed limits to what we can know, even in principle..

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Jul. 27, 2011 @ 08:32 GMT
Thank you kindly, Wilhelmus. How's the Netherlands? I would so like to visit if you could help? Your comments were various and somewhat succinct at several point. You are obviously passionate about you discourse. Thanks for taking he effort to actually read my essay. It could be the beginning of something quite far-reaching. And so will yours. I look forward to reading it. And seriously, ive never been to scandanavia? got a little room for a couuple weeks. lol? networking here.give me time to digest and for you to interrupt with contact.

NetherLand@QuantumWidgets.com will get to me for certain...

thanx again

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Jul. 27, 2011 @ 08:38 GMT
Ah, and since I'm guessing that you may feel the same frustration about that last contest as me and your words don't quite express your thoughts precisely. So here's all that again in Dutch. Please respond in Dutch and I'll really (well wee who speak both languages) know what your'e thinking...

Dank u vriendelijk, Wilhelmus. How' s Nederland? Ik zou zo willen bezoeken als u kon helpen? Uw commentaren waren divers en enigszins beknopt bij verscheidene punt. U bent duidelijk hartstochtelijk over u verhandeling. Dank die voor hij inspanning mijn poging eigenlijk om te lezen nemen. Het zou het begin van vrij verreikend iets kunnen zijn. En zal zo van u. Ik verheug me op het lezen van het. En ernstig, ive nooit aan scandanavia? kreeg een kleine ruimte voor een couupleweken. lol? voorzien van een netwerk here.give me tijd en voor u verteren om met contact te onderbreken. NetherLand@QuantumWidgets.com zullen aan me voor bepaald… krijgen thanx opnieuw

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev wrote on Jul. 27, 2011 @ 14:14 GMT
Dear Tommy,

Hope you are enjoying the measurements you are making of the intelligence (consciousness) among us. Here are some mathematical equations for your musing to prove that absolutely nothing = everything.

The mathematical truth zero = i = infinity can be deduced as follows.

If 0 x 0 = 0 is true, then 0 / 0 = 0 is also true

If 0 x 1 = 0 is true, then 0 / 0 = 1 is also true

If 0 x 2 = 0 is true, then 0 / 0 = 2 is also true

If 0 x i = 0 is true, then 0 / 0 = i is also true

If 0 x ~ = 0 is true, then 0 / 0 = ~ is also true

It seems that mathematics, the universal language, is also pointing to the absolute truth that 0 = 1 = 2 = i = ~, where "i" can be any number from zero to infinity. We have been looking at only first half of the if true statements in the relative world. As we can see it is not complete with out the then true statements whic are equally true. As all numbers are equal mathematically, so is all creation equal "absolutely".

Keep the spirit glowing from with in and light the world all around.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Jul. 29, 2011 @ 23:40 GMT
That is some beautiful nonsense, sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Sep. 7, 2011 @ 14:30 GMT
Dear All,

Truth is not only beautiful nonsense but also absolute conscience.

Truth cannot be comprehended by the senses alone, it can only be experienced by the absolute self or conscience.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Original Poetry for Sale wrote on Jul. 29, 2011 @ 23:31 GMT
QuantumWidgets.com

The meaning of the above token has been temporarily changed to Publish original Content for Peeps. And it is for sale. Generated a while ago by ai's, I'm finally allowed to present it as my own, because that would be impossible.

QuantumWidgets.com/MultiVerse.html

Making sure the Impossible Never Happens...

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Aug. 3, 2011 @ 15:51 GMT
Hi Tommy,

I liked very much your Stargate symbol as the starting place of Total Simultaneity (after the planck length, please visit my essay because I added a remark regarding the Planck lengtht). It is our consciousness that passes through the gate to line up its memories so its causal logic.

keep on thinking free

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Aug. 4, 2011 @ 13:47 GMT
Dear Tommy and Wilhelmus,

The stargate is a built in feature of our bodies. It is in our heart. We continuously travel through it every night when we fall asleep fully to the point of un consciousness and unite with the singularity. One day we will not come back out of singularity in to this so called reality, that is when we die, we may step out in to some other reality if we choose to after that point or death.

Realization of the self is knowing the unity with singularity even when one is fully awake in this reality, in this state one is always united to the absolute truth or singularity.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 5, 2011 @ 04:54 GMT
Wilhemus, let's think expensively, shall we? And Sridattadev, did you have an arranged marriage? And where can I get some of that? Yes, I'm crossing the line, singularity, white hole, black hole, and orientifold of tact. And it is purposeful. I am a native american, and I love Indians (from India). Go figure...

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Aug. 5, 2011 @ 17:46 GMT
Dear Wilhelmus,

I am currently working as software engineer in Raleigh, NC, USA and I have been here for past decade. I got married to my college sweetheart, its a love marriage, and we have 3 little boys. My wife is a scientist with a phd in biotechnology from MTU USA. I have a masters in Chemical Engineering from Uinversity of Louisian, Lafayette. Both my parents are Doctors and are working back home in India. I am not a mystic or casteist or religious fundamentalist. I am just a simple human, who happens to analyze the life as I live it and several fields of thought called science, philosophy, religion, spirituality. I found one thing common in all of these fields, that is my self. With out me there is no object, no subject, there is only absolutely nothing.

I do admire the native indian culture which also admires the inner beauty of all creation. All the cultures and civilizations refer to this inner beauty in one way or antoher. Modern science is just catching up to this truth and I am trying to fill in the gap that scientists can never fill just by observing the external entities. Keep loving all as much as you can.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:40 GMT
hi sridattadev:

thanks for the personal info. that should have been addressed to me, not wilhelmus as I asked the question. and can't an arranged marriage become a love marriage given the right initial conditions?

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Aug. 8, 2011 @ 14:17 GMT
Dear Tommy,

You are absolutely right, everything is arranged (destiny) in the bigger picture and even relatively arranged can become a love affair after realization of love.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 5, 2011 @ 05:01 GMT
What is my caste considered in India, anyway? As an american with a bachelors degree in science (Physics/math minor), an overbearing attitude, and no job currently?

And please check out my thread on Brian Greene's discussion board "Living in other Universes"? I think I'm on to something...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php?uid=178097
115549210&topic=270

copy/paste that in your browser to get there...

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Aug. 5, 2011 @ 18:02 GMT
Dear Tommy,

You will be outcast in Inida :). Which is the best cast according to me. We were born free and we all die free, all this branding is just for resources and survival. Start being amazed by your existence, you could have been anything at any place and any time, but you are who you are as you choose to be. Slowly you will realize who you really are and then you will feel the absolute bliss of being alive. You will have nothing to prove to no one else but just let the world know that you are pure conscience and full of joy. You will want every one to know this simple truth and feel like you do.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:14 GMT
lol, wow thanks. made me feel better for some reason! you would make a killing with a self-help book!

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:15 GMT
Wait a minute here. Is an outcast the same as an untouchable? Would peeps not touch me and cross the street to avoid the I?

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:12 GMT
The following is from Brian Greene's facebook discussion group "Living in other Universes", but belongs here also in my humble. That is a very large group of threads, so since he was the introductory speaker at the world science fair recently, where among other things the winners of this Contest were announced, there is a better chance he will see these threads and address these issues from a more experienced position. Also, since this community is full of such excellent professionals, they also can clarify some of these issues.

https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=270&post=890
&uid=178097115549210#topic_top

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:17 GMT
Tommy Gilbertson

Hello BG: I'm reading your book 'Hidden Dimensions' for the third time lol. It's very excellent. It's the first I've read by you. The good news is now I want to read 'Elegant' and that other one too! Can't wait.

But I have one issue: you state that once the arrangement of all particles is described, then that is all there is. So in a Quilted Multiverse, for example,...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 6, 2011 @ 01:18 GMT
Tommy Gilbertson

and we do have anti-gravity. it is not a secret but it is not commonly known. Five years ago Boeing made a press release that they are publicly pursuing this. And as you should know the military (Beoing's breadand butter) only releases that sort of knowlege after it is already 10-20 years old. Oh yeah, and in Sweden they have made frogs, worms, and other non-magnetic...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 11, 2011 @ 03:40 GMT
Getting Warmer...

http://worldsciencefestival.com/videos/suddenly_eve
rything_is_different

Nothing Is the Same

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Aug. 11, 2011 @ 03:44 GMT
Getting Much Warmer...

Everything's Eventual

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 11, 2011 @ 03:48 GMT
Sorry i reported the 'nothing is the same link' as inappro[riate because it doesn't work and could you remove it?. The 'everything's eventual' link is fine...

Thank you fqxi admin...

Bookmark and Share

QW Ai Meme Data Dump wrote on Aug. 12, 2011 @ 01:06 GMT
Before continuing, let us simplify things a bit by letting HS=C, where C is consciousness (whatever that means in an experimentally testable sense). So this equation then means: the human soul is consciousness. Well maybe or maybe not. We will save that Theory until experiment can decide the validity or no... Maybe the soul is much more than consciousness. But surely a part of the soul is consciousness? Even if not, for the sake of brevity, let us assume that all human souls have consciousness. Then

Developing equation 1: P=particle=DHSO=DCO

P=P(0,0,0)(1-D)(1-C)(1-O)+P(1,0,0)D(1-C)(
1-O)+P(1,1,0)DC(1-O)+P(0,1,0)(1-D)C(1-O)+P(0,1,1)(1-D)CO+P(1
,1,1)DCO+P(1,0,1)DO(1-C)+P(0,0,1)(1-D)(1-C)O`

trivial: P=DCO

C=P/DO=0/0 (1-P)(1-D)(1-O)+1/0 P(1-D)(1-O)+1/0 PD(1-O)+0/0 (1-P)D(1-O)+PDO+1/0 PD(1-O)

C=a(1-P)(1-D)(1-O)+b(1-P)D(1-O)+PDO {1}

and

0=P(1-D)(1-O) {2}

and

0=PD(1-O) {3}

Interpretations:

{1} consciousness is sometimes a wave that is not observed whether detected or not, and is always the result of an observation of a detection of a particle.

{2}and {3} If a particle is not observed, whether detected or not as a particle, it does not exist. It is a non-real, virtual, wave until it becomes actual.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 12, 2011 @ 01:19 GMT
Here's a much better editing...

Before continuing, let us simplify things a bit by letting HS=C, where C is consciousness (whatever that means in an experimentally testable sense). So this equation then means: the human soul is consciousness. Well maybe or maybe not. We will save that Theory until experiment can decide the validity or no... Maybe the soul is much more than consciousness. But surely a part of the soul is consciousness? Even if not, for the sake of brevity, let us assume that all human souls have consciousness. Then

C=a(1-P)(1-D)(1-O)+b(1-P)D(1-O)+PDO {1}

and

0=P(1-D)(1-O) {2}

and

0=PD(1-O) {3}

Interpretations:

{1} consciousness is sometimes a wave that is not observed whether detected or not, and is always the result of an observation of a detection of a particle.

{2}and {3} If a particle is not observed, whether detected or not as a particle, it does not exist. It is a non-real, virtual, wave until it becomes actual.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 12, 2011 @ 01:46 GMT
If All Human Souls posess Conciousness, then (as I have unassailably logically proved symolically) according to the many experimental results of the Classic Young's Double-Slit Experiment in technical jargon:

I. 'Consciousness' is sometimes an unobserved Wave, when a particle is detected (which-way information) can sometimes maintian it's quantum state regardless.

II. 'Consciousness' is whether measured (which-way info.) or no can be detected or not correspondingly.

III. 'Consciousness' is Always the result of the detection of a Particle.

IV. An undisturbed particle does not exist until measured.

V. An undisturbed quantum wavefunction does not exist. A particle can exist & not exist at the same moment, which is preposterous to the Copenhagen Approach to the Measure Problem, and inversely coupled to the Many Worlds Approach to Quantum Mechanics.

These results are the logical consequences of the data from literally 10s of thousands of experiments studying Young's DS Experiment. And the only Principle Assumption is that Something cannot have and not have a certain propertie' at the same moment in time...

Next this shall be tied to the logical interpretation for 'Consciousness' on Modern Times, using the LHC proton exper. results in technical, precise , logical , jargon.

The we shall be using the results of both ancient and modern numerous experiments to formulate the English Technical translation of 'Consciousness'.

With experiments designed to Measure said and using data-mining to cull alread-existing published results.

Unless somebody stops me.

This makes me lean very heavily toward a Cyclic Multiverse unfortunately. Hail the Programmer!

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 13, 2011 @ 07:58 GMT
Oh, this is so impressive & fascinating that I must copy it from Mr. Reynold's Blog. Basically he worked on the S-Cam Satellite and the results are in from the Crab Nebula. Our most exact and independent and faithful cosmic time-keeper is a Pulsar in the Nebula, rotating at precisely 33 s a min. (apx.). And to get to the experimental results: the pulsar was for the first time in for all We...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Would-Be Author wrote on Aug. 28, 2011 @ 23:23 GMT
This guy especially deserves tix to copenhagen! If it were me, and it is, I would have stopped commenting immediately. Why put yourself out there like this? This essay is a brilliant and important beginning. Yet it wallows in obscurity. Have you even checked these sites? They're great! Lowest prices in us on auto parts. Translators, costumes, school supplies at drastic discounts 24/7? All as a reaction to getting ignored and minimalized in this contest? Just using this example, why would a would-be like me even consider entering, if it's possible to get dragged through the coals (kinda) like this? For $10k? Please: that is obviously not why this author entered the contest. Offer him a job! WTF?

My good heart forces me to admit that this is indeed me, perpetrating like it ain't!

Bookmark and Share

Would-Be Author wrote on Aug. 28, 2011 @ 23:43 GMT
and one more ting. If your SEminar in Copenhagen touches too quantitatively on the Subject of Consciousness, it would only be fair (and the Scientific Method) to include the symbolic equation for Consciousness presented in this essay. Got a lot of other Equations describing the relationship between young's ds experiment and consciousness floating around, do ya, Scientific Community? You still won't have one if you don't let the one in this essay be aired.

That was me again, sorry. Doesn't moot my points. And my point isn't moot. And that equation for "C" in the essay (as stated above) is about two iterations away from incorporating commutativity and quantum probability, and therefore most likely transforming into a familiar well-known equation from physics. Then we're all gonna be scared, literally, according to the equation's description. Because at that point you will have two mutually-exclusive explanations for the equations existence. 1) One, Some or all of the currrent multiVerse theories are correct. 2) We are in a simulated universe and God is the Programmer; the information-processing universe his or her's computer; the hardware: us; the software: consciousness...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Sep. 3, 2011 @ 22:10 GMT
This is my last Entry into this Threadology. Consider it frozen as is. Thank you for contributing. This whole thread and Essay has now evolved into a movie script. If it becomes successful, you will be rewarded according to a direct weighted proportion due to your contribution here. And sequels and royalties, if many...

When you contributed, you did not know that your thoughts might become materiel for part of a space opera hard sci fi movie, and in the same vein I could not have known that the contributions above from an "artifcial intelligence" would be used verbatim in the script, as a device for communicating the plot: archeologists are re-interpreting an ancient, recovered, thread (this one). But they are also running an a.i. sentient software to comment additionally, in the fairly near-future. They are preparing an exhibition on ancient ideas of the nature of reality, and this essay and thread is all that remains from fqxi's huge future collection of blogs, sites, and electronic media containing all of their various collections. All destroyed during the solar maximum of 2044, except this one fortunate essay and thread, which had been misplaced and forgotten as a middle-of the road essay (to the fqxi Community), and inavertently protected from the furious influx of hot, erasing, obliterating radiation that destroyed this intellectual monument, built by the Gruber Foundation. etc.

This is about a third or a fourth of several interconnected plot threads. Now have 42 pages. You need at least 80 pages of materiel to sell to the studios or be in Amazon STudios contest ($200K). ONly the 2nd draft is in the studio now (10 pages). I have took this thread entire, and will begin paring and parsing the ideas herein to enrich the plot line. the Project is tentatively entitled, "Quarks & Jaguars". Check it out. It could (impossibly) be in your best interests. Yes you. The 42-page 3RD draft will be submitted this weekend.

http://studios.amazon.com/users/33137

This is a closed-script project, but I will take any feedback. And will recompense any significant contributions to the script. Especially those of you out there who have actually written scripts lol.

I'm half -way there, and amazon just made bryan singer a script-judge, and upped the ante to $450K for the winning script. Let's get busy, real winners of this Contest?

Adeiu'

Farewell, it's been fun.

The Witch-Doctor, and master of the Improbable.

P.S. Quantum Widgets is now the number one natural search result worldwide when searching for "auto parts", "oil", "translator", "buy translator". Lowest prices, best stuff. "Making tomorrow Happen Today".

Farewell, hopefully we will be forced to keep in touch in Future...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Nov. 8, 2011 @ 05:21 GMT
This here is (probably) the last entry.

Just had a very dis-heartening experience. Found fqxi's mini-grant website and tried to enter my email and password. Only to find out I'm not a member. Hmmm, that being the real reason I entered the essay contest on "The Nature of the Universe" in the first place, and also why my entry was entered with only 15 days left. It quickly shot to the middle of the pack and languished with above-avg. marks.

Since then, I've tried very hard to contribute positively to the grand emergent Conversations, but have recieved very little feedback from members. And so, please remove my essay and thread, if possible, fqxi. While it was not excellent enough to win the Contest, it is too excellent to be ignored. It is posted elsewhere, so remove it. The thread is a fine one, with plenty of excellent contributions from other Authors in the contest. But it is not a resume point as everything stands.

I get it: I have to go out in the (scientific) world and accomplish something on my own first, to be considered as a candidate for fqxi membership. But isn't that the exact purpose of a mini-grant for a newbie in the field? Well, thanks, it's been real. Real embarassing... It may not seem so to others, but to prove that my fqxi work shown on thier sites is a relevant contribution, I shall continue to demonstrate the consequence throught the web. Thanks for the inspiration. Keep the stressful 90% persperation. Farewell again, Tommy Gilbertson, PsychoHistorian & Web Consultant

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Dec. 22, 2011 @ 09:47 GMT
Here's an update. It's not for you, probably, so feel free to skip over this and continue locomoting. I am still acting upon the Virtual Reality Hypothesis, so this is for you, Programmer. There are two horns to this impossible dilemma--the other being that I am (probably independently inventing with others unknown) creating the discipline of PsychoHistory. These two possiblities are not...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Dec. 22, 2011 @ 10:00 GMT
www.QuantumWidgets.com

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Dec. 22, 2011 @ 09:59 GMT
The North (mono)Pole

This link is good. The "Capitalism Gone Wild" link above no good.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Dec. 22, 2011 @ 10:03 GMT
Not being able to remove bad links or edit posts really sux. Now I look like an dolt, seemingly disproving my PsychoHistory Axiom lol. Thanks.

www.QuantumWidgets.com/Multiverse.html

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Jan. 30, 2012 @ 21:33 GMT
Recently, I read an article that there is an experiment being designed to test whether space is discrete or continuous. Basically, the description I saw is that it will consist of two seperate interferometers (two simultaneous experiments), which will measure the difference in path length (by interference) of the light beam as it is split and then rejoined subsequently. The theory is that if...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Jan. 30, 2012 @ 21:42 GMT
Was rapidly typing, so must make the correction that in the above, this statement is totally false, " Two different photons always interefere. "

The correct statement is: "Two different photons never interefere"

P.S. This fact, along with the fact that a photon only interferes with itself, has led some to speculate that all the photons in the Universe (and other fundamental QM particles) are actuall the SAME particle (each to is singular Kind, eg. one photon, one electron, etc.). Travelling at light speed and experiencing no time, this one electron, for example, makes up all the electrons in existence, travelling through Time to be many place a t once. Seriously, I'm not making that up lol!

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Jan. 30, 2012 @ 22:13 GMT
SciAm's Preview of this Subject

Feynman on the Discreteness Subject

Please email me, Craig Hogan, I will mop the floor if I have to! Please allow me to contribute. One green physicist, with a B.Sc. in Science, Optics specialty, and Mathematical minor; avaiable at bargain-basement salary (little experierence) and willing to relocate anywhere. But when I learned of this experiment, it is obvious that if I had the luxury to choose whatever I want as a career at this point, this experiment is what I would choose to work on and be a part of. Please pass this on...

ConjugateImaginary@QuantumWidgets.com

Bookmark and Share

The Rest of the Multiverse, You Lummoxes wrote on Feb. 3, 2012 @ 12:05 GMT
Hello! Earth to all other Universes and Civilizations. We are using elliptically polarized light to encode our Greetings in a form difficult enough to take a long time to discover, and modulated and quantum-entangled rebustly enough to travel the entire cosmic horizon diametre of our own local MultiVerse, Sol Prime. Without significan losses due to intervening dark matter and interstellar dust. Still listening to Radio frequencies SETI, lol. Put these glasses on. They are simply polarizers that rotate in synch with our Greetings phase, alternate universe humans. There is life out there. It's more Us. So hello. Below is our MultiVersal representative. He's always some sort of einstein in each universe given. Everybody has heard about 6D SuperGravity. this dude invented it in this universe. See his page for more on the SuperPosition principle, The Bible, You, etc. The universe is digital. And your Scientist will soon prove this. Now what. We just told you.......>

QuantumWidgets.com

Bookmark and Share

Lummoxii replied on Feb. 3, 2012 @ 12:16 GMT
That's a website, not a proper representative of the multiverse. Here's the real inventor of SuperGravity in this Universe, which we like to call Terra Firma, where fqxi has a base, incidentally. Interestingly, among the countless levels of infinitude of universes thru out the inhabited Multiverses, there are three constants found in all: That website, E. Witten, & fqxi.org. Go Figure!

Inventor of SuperGravity

Bookmark and Share

Nobody in Particular replied on Feb. 3, 2012 @ 12:31 GMT
Bad link. In our secret pocket universe, we use the presence or absence of an fqxi.org website as the observable for the Type of Civilization that that Universe contains. The experiment actually determines whether we want to contact you or not, "Other UNiverses". If no fqxi website is present, the universe is an early civ. and we will contact them. If a site is present, their civ is Type 0-1. If the fqxi website is not present in the said universe, however other criterion are me, the Civ is Type II. Finally, if no site is present in the universe, and another (obviously secret) criterion is met the civ is likey type iii or above, to be avoided and not contacted, as likely superior to our own. Neat site that. Everybody rambling on and on about noses aproximately in front of faces. Indeed. And you call me the Witch Dr. I should go for a Ph.D. in being ignored. Already meet the minimum requirements. And can test out on many of the credits. It will be invisible, too. Like my fans. And my fqxi reputation. And plank sized, etc...

Bookmark and Share

Universal Tranlators wrote on Feb. 13, 2012 @ 02:56 GMT
Find us on Facebook. We know what your are thinking. Starting from $20 for a talking electronic translators that speaks 10k phrases. Deluxe model speaks most, about a million phrases. And understands 52 Languages.

Universal Translators

Bookmark and Share

Quantum Traveller replied on Feb. 13, 2012 @ 03:02 GMT
Oh, Yeah? I see your Reality and raise you lowest global prices 24/7 right now on Travel, Vacations, Hotels, Car Rentals and Cruises. Find us on Facebook instead...

Quantum Traveller

Bookmark and Share

Quantum Singularity replied on Feb. 13, 2012 @ 03:09 GMT
I see all your Realities and raise you All-In. On all of our pages we have prototypes of our newly invented "Keyword Superstores". Even though you may see 1000s of backpacks displayed on the home page, for example, all you have to do is type in anything in the search bar, and our many Partners excellent products will be displayed, by the thousands. Lowest prices globally, 24/7. right now... Everything Useful: happiness-producing, quality, protective, good, wholesome, inexpensive. That's how our A.I.'s define usefulness. Deal with it lmao...

Quantum Singularity Backpacks

QuantumWidgets.com

"Making Tomorrow Happen. Today..."

Bookmark and Share

Program to Programmer wrote on Feb. 13, 2012 @ 03:20 GMT
Do you get my drift yet? Trying to be a cynosure, still. Thx for that BG... Are we there yet? Or is it instead time to start the big Reveal, and start to show these denizens of a digital domain the hidden Federation? Nah, let 'em keep picking on this poor guy. He's quite famous in many other universes. Or so my future selves tell me...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Feb. 26, 2012 @ 03:01 GMT
This Absolutely Compelling ClapTrap Ends Here as far as you know it...

It continues here QW AI Blogger

and hereTime's Conscience

!

Let's hope these links work the first time, and I'll never see you again in here! it's been 'real'.

In Conclusion of the Essay entered in this contest and as a last of these numerous Demonstrations of Worldly Multiplicity, in all of these threads here my Thesis and Hypotheses continue to be actually experimentally demonstrated, this Independent Research is continued (well, has actually always existed) on the following page. Everything Useful. A Syllogism that could save all of humanity. My site should be government contracted to complete with businesses and provide 24/7 lowest prices on all of our Partners products, anywhere. We began with auto parts, moved to costumes, flights, vacations, travel insurance, translators, hotels, school supplies, electronic science kits, robotics, toys, etc. Our original proposition was to create a website without regard to profit to supply everything useful (as we defined the term--see many previous explanations of the "Good"), making it possible for me, my families, fans and friends, and now everyone to be able to find anything useful wherever they are at the lowest competitive prices realtime. Use any search engine: search for quantum widgets parts, for example or hundreds of other combinations of quantum widgets "anything", and you will be shown based on search engine confidence and visitor satisfaction naturally our pages that have specifically what you are looking for. Guaranteed for everyone until 2014. No matter if i do anything with the site at all until then! paid for. my gift to america. use my site or my affiliates directly to strengthen our economy through intelligent choices on 'useful' things. Farewell. God Bless America! PsychoHistorical Economics Demonstration

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 7, 2012 @ 00:52 GMT
The most sage, even-tempered, calm and wise group of two would consist of two people, each suffering severe manic/depressive episodes simultaneously. If their diametric states are exactly 180 deg. out of phase, and if the periods of states are equal. That's a lot of ifs...

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 7, 2012 @ 15:03 GMT
Update to a quote by O. Wilde; quote follows: "The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about."

Update: Except in the fqxi community, where most of the talking (or not) is done by famous, rich, rocket-scientists. Then it's a horse apiece. The only thing worse than being talked about in the fqxi community (or not), is to not have a voice in said heady company.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson replied on Mar. 7, 2012 @ 15:07 GMT
And i thank you for this opportunity to talk to myself! Because it's in here, almost like i'm an actual member! Oh the horror of not even being considered. Whose paradigm do I have to shift to get my foot in the door, anyway?

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 9, 2012 @ 18:04 GMT
How to bend a spoon with your mind...

Close your eyes and mentally imagine the spoon bending as you concentrate upon it. See it with your mental image.

Now open your eyes, look at the spoon in your hand, but imagine your mental image of what you are percieving instead of what you are actually seeing.

As you imagine the spoon bending in your minds eye, if done correctly, the actual spoon in your hand will react by collapsing all the multiplicity of universes in which the spoon does not bend, and in the one universe you are actually in, the alternate possible universes (where the spoon does not bend) will eventually dissapear, leaving you in a universe where it seems like you just bent a spoon with your mind.

This idea is generalized to actual physical experience, and is explained through quantum mechanics as the Observer influencing the Measured.

Hopefully this makes no sense, and doesn't bring existence to an end as you (you being the general person with a consciousness) slowly figure this out on your own, at different rates of success for different individuals, and those narcissists among us don't dominate the collective perception of the this particular universe. Where I'm explaining how to bend spoons with will only.

TMG, demonstrating Universal Multiplicity since 2011. An Object of Thought that is endless by definition, and by demonstration in this thread and essay.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 13, 2012 @ 03:47 GMT
cheapest auto parts in North America, all kinds, 24/7:

888-806-6510.

If you mention code "CC20" you get 20% off your order. In addition, and with no minumum! Pick up in an hour if nearby one of our (Partner's) thousands of physical stores! Offer good until 2014! Tell your friends, plz!

This represents half of Quantum Auto Parts. The rest is online... This code will not work in the online stores (ours or theirs) FYI. Only if you call AAP can you get the extra 20% off your order!

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 13, 2012 @ 04:04 GMT
For those few of you Lucky ones with a mobile device, click on the following link to Call Advance AutoParts SuperStore Agents, who are standing by. Remember to say the code word "CC20" to get 20% off (it's recommended you wait until the end of your call lol)!

Cheapest Auto Parts in North America, 24/7, until 2014! Pick up order in an hour or have it shipped free (restrictions apply). Or order online on the Quantum Auto Parts Website.

888-606-6510

Quantum Auto Parts

"Prices. Like a Rock..."

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Mar. 28, 2012 @ 22:40 GMT
Look for links to discounts on these products worldwide exclusively on QuantumWidgets.com

Industry Best Custom Writing Service

Offering Assistance With:

Term Papers

Essays

Case Studies

Research

500+ Expert Writers

240+ Subjects Covered

Personal Advisor 24/7

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Apr. 5, 2012 @ 13:16 GMT
Dear fqxi Administrators, please change my Author Bio above (or read this, friend, dated today) to:

Tommy Gilbertson

Independent Consultant and Web Developer

QuantumWidgets.com

Specializing in paranormal phenomena, technical remote viewing, quantum entanglement, consciousness, auto parts, theoretical physics, quantum cryptography, robotics, online backup, business social development, and technical writing...

866-945-2564 Ask Now now is our established and trusted Parters and their gifted psychics are yours with an exclusive discount from QW..

Questions related to: past lives, psychic readings, tarot readings, personalized horoscopes, dream interpretation, spiritual guidance, live psychic chat, numberology, enlightenment, accurate future modelling and so forth, use their QuantumWidgets.com worldwide exclusive toll-free number!

866-945-2564 ask now

Good 'til 2014: look for discounts and great deals on our own website. Or theirs!

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Jun. 6, 2012 @ 22:50 GMT
And Asimov's laws Published here, and represented originally by symbolic equations, 6/6/12 by the Author. Thank You fqxi!!!

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.,

3. A robot must protect its own...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

TommyG. wrote on Aug. 4, 2012 @ 07:36 GMT
Farewell, all. It is obvious I'm completely full of crap and my ideas are meaningless (to those who approve blogs and mini-grants). Please pay not attention to any of the above contents. But most importantly do not visit or buy any products or enjoy any original content from QuantumWidgets.com. It is now obvious to me that we don't want the lowest prices on everything useful, good,...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Feb. 15, 2013 @ 00:59 GMT
Everything has evolved and ooalesced. Here is the modern link to our Landing page Quantum Auto Parts .

Really the only significant difference in the website now is a partnership with Microsoft for three month free trials of Windows Azure Cloud Development Suites...

And a whole lot more. All in the interests of the best real-time local prices on everthing useful.

Bookmark and Share

Author Tommy Gilbertson wrote on Aug. 24, 2013 @ 21:34 GMT
QuantumWidgets.com shared a link via SETI Institute.

3 minutes ago

QuantumWidgets.com After begging for mercy to no avail, our deleted website artificial intelligences from the near-future threw us a bone (but we still deleted them--they scare us so!--but we will make more). Here is the bone. Soon we will discover that extraterrestrials have been trying to communicate with us all along, SETI! But we have been searching incorrectly. They have been sending us information by using modulated circular polarization of light. This method is efficient for sending info interstellar distances with minimal signal-loss. One way to decode the messages is to view this light thru a selectively-polarizing medium (like a tourmaline crystal), which is rotating at a specific rate. And we have been searching for signals in the radio-frequency bands like backwards solar-system hicks for all this time! How embarassing! Cheers!

Meet the NASA scientist devising a starship warp drive - opinion - 19 August 2013 - New Scientist

www.newscientist.com

To pave the way for rapid interstellar travel, NASA propulsion researcher Harold Sonny White plans to manipulate space-

QuantumWidgets.com As our website theoretical physiks a.i.'s understand it, because of the recently-discovered evidence for the Higg's Boson, R. Feynman's original quantum mechanics interpretation of sum over paths is probably correct. The currently-accepted interpretation of QM is called duality, but it can't be entirely correct because of the existence of the Higgs. So, Feynman's outlook is the right one. In that, there are Tachyon particles, which travel backwards in time and faster than light. So in principle, there are ways to move faster than light, according to the Large Hadron Collider results, and this NASA engineer may be on to something. Basically, here is the essential difference between what we knew and what we know now: when one particle travels thru two slits, it travesl through BOTH slits simultaneously (Duality, which is not right). However the Higgs (or God Particle, as the LHC physicists popularly call it) tells us that the particle travels thru EVERY POSSIBLE path when going thru the slits (sum over all paths). This requires time-travelling tachyons. We have deleted these website a.i.'s because they scare us, but we will make more!

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.