Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Olivia Green: on 3/27/19 at 7:40am UTC, wrote Usually, as you are writing some personal academic paper or the response...

Drida Infotech: on 3/15/19 at 6:47am UTC, wrote very nice Change Bigpond Email Password Bigpond Email Not Working Forgot...

Jena Somerhalder: on 11/13/18 at 15:42pm UTC, wrote Hello there! Find your post randomly but I must admit it is very...

Dakota Leest: on 11/7/18 at 15:27pm UTC, wrote I was hooked by reading this essay.I totally agree with the author that the...

Melanie Knights: on 12/22/16 at 14:51pm UTC, wrote indeed great essay..remember a similar contest at http://ultius.pro but do...

Michael Turner: on 10/30/11 at 3:01am UTC, wrote Here is my contribution; First a little background "The Copernican...

Peter Jackson: on 3/16/11 at 18:22pm UTC, wrote Ayind Really sorry I didn't get to read your essay before voting ended, I...

Ayind Mahamba: on 3/14/11 at 17:32pm UTC, wrote Thank you Arjen for your feedback on my essay, it's nice! Good luck too......

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Lorraine, I don't agree that relationships can only genuinely exist..." in What Will Quantum...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi to both of you, in all case an egg is a spheroid, that it is sure and..." in What Will Quantum...

Steve Agnew: "Math gives us a way to predict outcomes from precursors just like religion..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

charlie Ford: "This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

elena smith: "Basic Outlook principles that could save your time Nowadays, everybody is..." in Are We Merging With Our...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Joe, what is mostly illuminated by ONE INFINITE type of finite..." in First Things First: The...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar supposedly..." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "Let s extrapolate an universal Lagrangian Hamiltonian correlated with this..." in Alternative Models of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
December 13, 2019

CATEGORY: Is Reality Digital or Analog? Essay Contest (2010-2011) [back]
TOPIC: A Beautiful Theory of Everything by Ayind Mahamba [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Ayind Mahamba wrote on Feb. 18, 2011 @ 14:24 GMT
Essay Abstract

The quest to explain the true nature of reality is one of the great scientific goals. In fact, this essay contest asks: is Nature fundamentally continuous or discrete and how can these two different but very useful concepts be fully reconciled? Physical science is vast, complex and remains mysterious. Since long ago, great thinkers have dedicated their lives to the attempted comprehension of this reality that has become so abstract. Throughout the centuries they have established numerous laws, theories, and principles. I propose a central theory, based on the information of, and compatible with the contemporary scientific knowledge; the existing fundamental relation between the “physical entities” passes through the determined quantitative transmission of this preserved transcendent greatness. In addition to a “formal” relationship which creates an informal description of what is real, there is a causal relationship between “phenomena”. My informational approach has been productive in several domains where many enigmas persist; solutions for these problems must be envisaged globally, using concepts from numerous different fields, with a coherent schema... The “Theory of universal relativity” proposed here lays bridges between domains which, at first glance, have nothing to do with each other; it also provides insight into how we can improve our knowledge by understanding the interplay of complexity and simplicity in reality. Therefore emerging from simplexity, reality is both digital and analogue (and between) and also more! We know there is a strange and mysterious world that surrounds us, a world largely hidden from our senses with extra dimensions and as a mathematical concept of reality, MIT may confirm that we are part of a cosmic hologram (a paradigm shift). My theory has the advantage of being simple, not limited to scientists because everyone can understand it. So, in this essay, I will try to explain why and how.

Author Bio

Born in Kinshasa (Congo), I graduated in Computer sciences (University of Paris) and post-graduated in Information Systems from Telecom Paristech and Essec Business School in France. Now as a senior manager consultant, I help my clients (finance, consumer products, telecoms, NGOs…) to improve their corporate performance focus on the business intelligence activities (to accomplish their goals with confidence and satisfaction by using key indicators). As a life-style choice, I spend my free time on personal researches (strategic-innovation) and advance education. Also, I like participating in workshops to facilitate feedback sessions with students (entrepreneurship spirit, leadership and consulting experiences).

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Alan Lowey wrote on Feb. 19, 2011 @ 11:51 GMT
Hello Ayind, I was fascinated by your personal story and very impressed with the quality of your essay. This statement caught my attention:

"Since I was a little boy in Congo, my motivation was to understand how Nature works. Even today, I am willing to think about everything, which is why I make surprising discoveries."

I similarly wanted to know how everything worked from a very young age. Only now have I something original and which should interest you. Put simply, I believe Newton missed a simple trick of how to explain gravity, his spooky action at a distance. If one imagines an Archimedes screw and then observes that the red ball represents a force of attraction, a model for the GRAVITON is born. This is particle/wave duality which is easy to understand, is it not? How can this be wrong?

Best of luck in the competition Ayind.

Alan

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 19, 2011 @ 15:30 GMT
Hello Alan,

Thanks, I very appreciate your compliments. I don't understand very well your idea of this simple model of graviton... But, as I write in my essay, I think that we often can improve previous theories or models. So It is possible you're wrigth with this approach...

I've just read your essay, so good luck too for the contest!

Ayind.

Bookmark and Share

Alan Lowey replied on Feb. 20, 2011 @ 11:50 GMT
Thank you Ayind, I appreciate you taking the time to consider my simple but effective proposal. Thanks again. Alan

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 20, 2011 @ 15:52 GMT
Hello dear Ayind Mahamba,

Good luck in this contest, it is a beautiful essay.

Best Regards

Steve

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 21, 2011 @ 19:44 GMT
Hi Steve,

it's cool, thank you very much.

So please, could you rate my essay?...

Have a nice week.

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 22, 2011 @ 15:41 GMT
Hi Ayind,

Yes of course,with pleasure.

ps it is cool you help NGOs I have several friends in Africa,In fact I was moderator of Africa created by Kleber Biboum on Xing, they are all supers these persons on the moderation, I know also Dr Naima Benali and its project Transqure, it's all these persons what we must help with harmonical synergies,Kleber is in Camroon,my aim was to centralize the NGOs and work together by adapted sciences on Ground.I know in congo a brother also, when I will can I will help him, it's Mr Annyen Prosper Bosaw and its NGO Cadir, it's so difficult there, they need help.That's why I want create this International Humanistic Sciences Center named Unified Sphere Institute.This center can produce and invent so many things.

I know the problems in Africa and it is a reasonable way by sciences.The politic is an other story where I am more quiet now.It exist unfortunally bad parameters ,humans....the problem is always the same, these arms and weapons, the power and the monney, and the majority who waits the peace.What a world dear all.What a world.

Best Regards

Steve

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 23, 2011 @ 15:31 GMT
Hi Steve,

it's very cool, thank you a lot...

You're wright, African are very often nice persons and I know that we can help this continent only with them. In a new and innovative way, that's why I think AIMS is very well adapted to start the shift.

We can stay in touch to share ideas...

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Feb. 22, 2011 @ 23:56 GMT
Ayind,

What concepts do you owe to Jeffrey Kluger, somewhat of a journalist but who has wide interests?

Jim Hoover

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 23, 2011 @ 15:38 GMT
Hi Jim,

it's about SIMPLEXITY = complexity+simplicity, for me Reality combines both. The exact title of my essay is: "A beautiful theory of Everything: how simplexity leads to reality!"; I explain this concept in my essay...

Please give me your feedback on it.

Thanks,

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Author Philip Gibbs replied on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 09:49 GMT
Hello, You know the background history of information theory well and wrote about it in a very readable way. Using Chaitin's construction in Eurler's formula is a novel idea, I like it. I have to say that putting in the golden ratio multiplied by its reciprocal seems like a bit of a fudge. The word Simplexity makes up for it.

Hope you get into the top bracket so your essay goes before the judges. In any case you should keep developing your ideas, good luck.

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 15:22 GMT
Thanks Philip I very appreciate your comments and encouragement.

In fact, the golden ratio and its reciprocal "serve" the extra dimensional

compatibility with my MIT...

So, good luck too with your essay!

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari wrote on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 12:23 GMT
Dear Ayind

I enjoyed reading your essay - like you I have ventured into physics mostly self-taught, struggling with each question until I could understand it in my own way. This way, step by step and over many years, following this linear method, new vistas of understanding may be reached. I may be too old to benefit from the trend you quote Flichy describing as "We are living a silent revolution: the rise to power of amateurs, these fans who are neither novices nor professionals, but brilliant jack-of-all trades". In an age of specialization it is no mean feat to be a jack-of-all-trades but it certainly helps to fuse ideas from different fields, as you have done in this essay. Good luck to you.

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Feb. 27, 2011 @ 15:34 GMT
Thanks Vladimir I very appreciate your comments.

But you say "I may be too old... ", I'm not agree with this because you've the age of your spirit and your mind/thinking. While your personal explorations (almost in sciences) are useful I argue that you can benefit from the trend I quoted (Flichy's): Everyone can contribute with new ideas! Like us ;o)

So, good luck too with your essay!

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari replied on Feb. 28, 2011 @ 12:25 GMT
Thank you Ayind you are right I was just using 'age' to excuse a bit of laziness! Thanks for the encouragement and bon chance!

Bookmark and Share

sridattadev wrote on Mar. 4, 2011 @ 21:12 GMT
Dear Ayind,

I adore the humility with which you presented this "Beautiful theory of everything". To know the ultimate truth of reality, one only needs to dissolve one's ego and be humble and one will find the truth in one self. A simple question, who am I? and a life long quest to find the answer will lead one to the ultimate truth. We are all born equally true, but as we grow and acquire this so called intelligence, we deviate from the truth and struggle to find our way back to it through science, religion, philosophy, neurology and so forth. Even though it might not be as beautiful as you have put it, I have submitted an article by the title Theory of everything, just to share the joy of love that I experienced on my quest of self realization. I request you to kindly read it at your convenience.

Truth is simple, accepting it is not.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 11:16 GMT
Dear Sridattadev,

You are welcome, and thank you for reading my essay.

I respect your spiritual quest (as explained in your short essay), and I understand what you mean...

We are all connected!

Peace,

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Sridattadev replied on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 20:33 GMT
Dear Ayind,

Thank you for reading the essay. I would like to compliment your essay by saying this

I am complex, i "is" simplex.

Love & Peace,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Hakan ÜÇOK (h3ok) wrote on Mar. 5, 2011 @ 17:45 GMT
I think that Reality is neither Analog nor Digital; It is Singular.

Bookmark and Share

Arjen Dijksman wrote on Mar. 12, 2011 @ 18:09 GMT
Dear Ayind,

An impressive essay! Reading it I realized that we don't agree on the nature (or definition) of Reality. You privilege Information and Math ("reality is (or at least had been) a mathematical structure"), while I focus on Matter and Physics.

I very much liked your sentence "being self-educated means being free to understand at ones own pace, but above all live the serendipity..." as this applies also especially to me. The best education one can get is discovering by oneself. I also liked Albert Jacquard's quote about creating a mental structure. Thanks.

Best wishes for this contest.

Arjen

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba replied on Mar. 14, 2011 @ 17:32 GMT
Thank you Arjen for your feedback on my essay, it's nice!

Good luck too...

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Author Ayind Mahamba wrote on Mar. 14, 2011 @ 17:29 GMT
Dear "friends",

it's a fantastic Essay Contest, and I hope "my MIT" will be considered even if my work was unconventional, not to say heretical... Because I cannot imagine I could be wrong about my "mathematical simplexity" of the Reality.

So I am currently very pleased with myself because I can explain it with common sense ideas.

My theory can help physicists draw new conclusions about quantum gravity and the nature of time (another way to look at gravity and time).

Thank you for your support and comments...

Best wishes everybody,

Ayind

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 16, 2011 @ 18:22 GMT
Ayind

Really sorry I didn't get to read your essay before voting ended, I certainly approve of your philosophy. I think you'd have approved of mine too.

When you say; "I think the Laws of Nature are neither invented nor discovered, but revealed." I agree. You might find the basis of new simpler ones here, if you have time to read it. http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/803

Do tell me if they reveal themselves.

Very best wishes

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Michael Turner wrote on Oct. 30, 2011 @ 03:01 GMT
Here is my contribution;

First a little background

"The Copernican principle is a built-in assumption of the current favored solutions to Einstein's equations, called the Friedmann-Robertson-Walker space-times."

Uniform laws of physics, uniform speed of light, why? What is the underlying cause? 

The constant force that creates action and expansion to increase acceleration of the universe is the effect generated by all matter decaying into space itself. The force of the big bang was caused by a critical release of the monopole gravitational field by the singularity. Each quanta of mass and energy not converted initially into monopole gravitational waves  is still being converted and forming in-phase  wavefronts. This is the basis for the continued accelerating expansion of the changing universe converting all mass and energy into the monopole gravitational wave. It is this law of motion: Force = Mass x Acceleration that predicts the increasingly accelerating universe as the force is constant and the continuously decreasing matter is increasing in acceleration.

Two laws are new to you....

1).All matter becomes space via continuous release of the gravitational field.

2). Fields becoming field fronts create tension. That is gravity and the unknown prediction is that the universe is flattening. Increasing in acceleration and flattening.

Kinda like from a ball to a disc to a flattening plane increasingly accelerating at the oldest stars, the visible edge of the the universe.

Bookmark and Share

Melanie Knights wrote on Dec. 22, 2016 @ 14:51 GMT
indeed great essay..remember a similar contest at http://ultius.pro but do not remember anyone submitting such fine essays

Bookmark and Share

Dakota Leest wrote on Nov. 7, 2018 @ 15:27 GMT
I was hooked by reading this essay.I totally agree with the author that the world is digital. You can find similar articles on https://highschoolgems.com. Enjoy reading!

Bookmark and Share

Jena Somerhalder wrote on Nov. 13, 2018 @ 15:42 GMT
Hello there! Find your post randomly but I must admit it is very interesting for reading. Also, I want to share with you useful website that is called effects of slave trade in africa. I think this web can help for many people with writing papers.

Bookmark and Share

Drida Infotech Infotech wrote on Mar. 15, 2019 @ 06:47 GMT
very nice

Change Bigpond Email Password

Bigpond Email Not Working

Forgot Bigpond Email Password

Bigpond Email Settings Outlook

Change Optus Email Password

Optus Email Support

Change Gmail Password

Gmail Support Australia

Gmail Customer Service

Gmail Not Working

Gmail Outage Australia

Hotmail Support Australia

Hotmail Customer Service

Hotmail Support Australia

Hotmail Change Password

Forgot Hotmail Password

Hotmail Account Recovery

Change Hotmail Password On iPhone

Outlook Support Australia

Outlook Support Australia

Change Outlook Password

Outlook Not Working

Yahoo Support Australia

Yahoo Support Australia

Yahoo Support Australia

Yahoo Customer Service Australia

Yahoo Mail Not Working

Change Yahoo Password

nice nice

Bookmark and Share

Olivia Green Green wrote on Mar. 27, 2019 @ 07:40 GMT
Usually, as you are writing some personal academic paper or the response paper , you need to ground your observations on a movie, a book, or some article. Once you are done with reading or watching the selected piece, you will have to provide your observations and share your thoughts with the reader. This is why writing a response paper is not the same as writing some other work.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.