Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

cary louder: on 10/8/19 at 12:04pm UTC, wrote Thanks for the ideas such Wowza live streaming as making the readers more...

tonny ken: on 5/11/19 at 3:07am UTC, wrote Love it, it's definitely important to know how to do this properly and...

zin dara: on 4/16/19 at 3:17am UTC, wrote This is a good and Informative post. In this post I truly got quality...

zin dara: on 4/16/19 at 3:15am UTC, wrote This is a good and Informative post. In this post I truly got quality...

Jim Castro: on 8/21/18 at 11:49am UTC, wrote I am often to blogging and i truly appreciate your website content...

Mahnoor Khan: on 4/23/18 at 13:44pm UTC, wrote This is a logical one there are many topics and experiment on analog and...

chris lynn: on 2/21/18 at 10:03am UTC, wrote In quantum cloth technology, Coursework Writing Help indicating the...

jiya joseph: on 2/16/18 at 11:22am UTC, wrote I guess this topic is helpful for those people who have taken physics as...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Eckard Blumschein: "Robert, You referred to "Philosophers On a Physics Experiment that..." in First Things First: The...

Robert McEachern: "Superpostions are irrelevant to any description of a thing "as it is"; they..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "Be sure Joe ,you are not realist you know,you told us things that nobody..." in First Things First: The...

Georgina Woodward: "What exists unobserved is relevant to QM. Whether it is modeled..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "this second law is so important,my theory of spherisation and these quantum..." in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

Steve Dufourny: "I must explain what is the real meaning of Spherisation in my theory.It is..." in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

Steve Dufourny: "lol no indeed it is not a lot,like I said I liked your general ideas.I have..." in The Demon in the Machine...

Steve Agnew: "There are three assumptions...is that a lot? The aether particle mass, the..." in The Demon in the Machine...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 16, 2019

CATEGORY: Is Reality Digital or Analog? Essay Contest (2010-2011) [back]
TOPIC: A Brief Essay About Quantum Cosmology by Solomon, Jr. Kepani Kaleialoha [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Solomon, Jr. Kepani Kaleialoha wrote on Feb. 16, 2011 @ 14:30 GMT
Essay Abstract

It is not useful to determine that reality is either digital or analog. The two guiding principles of physics, quantum mechanics and general relativity, must be merged to reveal the fundamentals of nature. Each are in conflict with the other, yet must combine for there to be a Theory of Everything.

Author Bio

Born in Torrance, CA. A Hawaiian raised in Redmond, OR. Graduated at Redmond High School in 1984 and joined the US Navy, discharged 1989. Hobbies are stargazing and reading science journals.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Feb. 17, 2011 @ 11:57 GMT
With cyclic-time, quantization of universe in entirety describes the universe as everything, in that what we perceive in entirety is the apparent reality as the observer is within universe.

With Best Wishes,

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Alan Lowey wrote on Feb. 18, 2011 @ 13:13 GMT
Hi Solomon, I liked the basic message which you convey in your essay. I have a suggestion of how to visualise the 'ultimate' reality of nature, an Archimdes screw models the GRAVITON perfectly if you think about it enough. If this helical screw graviton then travelled around a wraparound universe it would emerge on the otherside as an ANTI-GRAVITON or in other words, DARK ENERGY. It's too good to be ignored imo. Kind regards,

Alan

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Parry wrote on Feb. 24, 2011 @ 11:43 GMT
Dear Solomon,

I agree with you that it is necessary to find a way to have both a foundational reality, which might be modeled with quantum mechanics, and space-time. How to have the cake and eat it has been the problem. I was expecting you to have written more so was surprised when the essay ended soon. I was a good introduction to the subject though.

I don't usually directly recommend other people read my essay but since this is a subject in which you are interested and have put some thought into you might find it interesting.

Kind regards Georgina.

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 2, 2011 @ 18:29 GMT
Solomon

Short and sweet and straight to the heart of the matter. I love it! I've headed for precisely the same critical place with mine, but carried on... to what I believe is a highly falsifiable solution!

Most can't recognise the problem let alone the solution. (too many moving variables for the brain!) at least you're half way there already. I hope you'll give it a go (but you'll need to read it slow not scan over it!). http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/803

I've even hidden a real donut shaped black hole in the photographs for you to see if you can find. The clue is; you can only see it via the lenses.

You deserve a top score if just for identifying the real issue. (I hope you agree mine may be too). do give me your comments.

Best regards

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Chester Hines wrote on Oct. 27, 2016 @ 09:03 GMT
Joining the previous speaker! You do deserve highest score for more than excellent job you did here. I can only dream about custom written research papers of that quality.

Bookmark and Share

Alexandr Povetkin wrote on Dec. 3, 2016 @ 10:57 GMT
I think that the fundamental science in the near future completely turned upside down our understanding of the creation of the universe, my wife gossiprussiangirls.com is working on this for several years

Bookmark and Share

Algernon kk wrote on Jan. 8, 2017 @ 13:51 GMT
[url=http://custom-essay-writer.net]essay writing services[/url]

Bookmark and Share

Algernon kk wrote on Jan. 8, 2017 @ 13:52 GMT
essay writing services

Bookmark and Share

Algernon kk wrote on Jan. 8, 2017 @ 13:53 GMT
your link text

Bookmark and Share

Sara Hosler wrote on Mar. 6, 2017 @ 15:34 GMT
This topic is extremely interesting. I would also like to participate in this contest because there are a lot of issues to consider. By the way, now I am working on handmadewritings report. Check out my papers on the website!

Bookmark and Share

lionel john wrote on Jun. 1, 2017 @ 10:26 GMT
I think the subject of quantum physics and the related topics are really vast. It is really a very interesting topic for discussion and you have shared some important points to consider regarding the same here. Please keep sharing more interesting stuff on the subject. free clinics near me

Bookmark and Share

lionel john wrote on Jun. 9, 2017 @ 07:28 GMT
sports teams long island

As you mentioned, it is not possible to find the conclusions for the topics if all the reality is dealt as digital. We have to make the decisions according to the physical relations as well as the theoretical details. These are some really useful details about quantum cosmology.

Bookmark and Share

Angela Maria wrote on Jun. 15, 2017 @ 05:23 GMT
Good post..Zellmeonline

Bookmark and Share

Angela Maria wrote on Jun. 15, 2017 @ 05:24 GMT
[url=http://wwww.google.com]Click here[/url]

Bookmark and Share

laetitia MOREAU MOREAU wrote on Jul. 6, 2017 @ 08:58 GMT
Vous cherchez une robe de gala pour montrer vos courbes ? Regardez les robes de gala à jmrouge. Il ya des robes élégantes et des robes en style féminin.

Bookmark and Share

hellen jos wrote on Nov. 2, 2017 @ 11:45 GMT
In order to determine the fundamentals of nature, the two things like quantum mechanics and general relativity must be combined. So that we can predict the changes of nature. Many researchers have found out theories based on these topics but some of them failed in their theory. Babylon City Tours

Bookmark and Share

alisha jonwal wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 11:35 GMT
I am so happy to see this post and all the details are awesome in this post. Goa Call Girls

Bookmark and Share

jiya joseph wrote on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 11:19 GMT
I guess this topic is helpful for those people who have taken physics as their main subject. It is the first time I am hearing the term quantum cosmology. There are different phases in which we might use this theory. Try to know more about this term. real estate photo enhancement

Bookmark and Share

jiya joseph wrote on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 11:22 GMT
I guess this topic is helpful for those people who have taken physics as their main subject. It is the first time I am hearing the term quantum cosmology. There are different phases in which we might use this theory. Try to know more about this term.

real estate photo enhancement

Bookmark and Share

chris lynn wrote on Feb. 21, 2018 @ 10:03 GMT
In quantum cloth technology, Coursework Writing Help indicating the underlying circumstance of a framework enables one to examine the chance that it is going to be found in some different nation at a later time. Cosmology endeavors to depict the conduct of the entire universe making use of these physical legal guidelines. In making use of those legal guidelines to the universe one instantly stories an trouble. what's the underlying state that the laws must be linked to? almost speaking, cosmologists tend to paintings in reverse by way of utilizing the watched residences of the universe now to realize what it resembled at earlier than instances. This method has validated particularly fruitful. though it has driven cosmologists back to the difficulty of the underlying conditions.

Bookmark and Share

Jim Castro replied on Aug. 21, 2018 @ 11:49 GMT
I am often to blogging and i truly appreciate your website content continuously. This article has truly peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web site and maintain checking for first time information.

Accredited High School Diploma

Bookmark and Share

Mahnoor Khan wrote on Apr. 23, 2018 @ 13:44 GMT
This is a logical one there are many topics and experiment on analog and digital.I used to read it many times during university period many analogs and the digital device now has been invented that gives a perfect example of it.Mindblowing post for those people who are love to study physics. Being worker of Kashmir Honeymoon tour packages I really loved with these post.

Bookmark and Share

zin dara wrote on Apr. 16, 2019 @ 03:15 GMT
This is a good and Informative post. In this post I truly got quality information. I will follow you regularly. Thank you for posting this article! happy wheels

Bookmark and Share

zin dara replied on Apr. 16, 2019 @ 03:17 GMT
This is a good and Informative post. In this post I truly got quality information. I will follow you regularly. Thank you for posting this article!

happy wheels

Bookmark and Share

tonny ken ken wrote on May. 11, 2019 @ 03:07 GMT
Love it, it's definitely important to know how to do this properly and efficiently, clients LOVE these. run 3

Bookmark and Share

cary louder wrote on Oct. 8, 2019 @ 12:04 GMT
Thanks for the ideas such Wowza live streaming as making the readers more aware of areas that are helping the users more and more impressive for all users across the page in different areas of services. The collection of topics that are really useful for all the readers in various areas too.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.