Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

agaric pro: on 11/1/17 at 4:17am UTC, wrote Pengertian Sinusitis Melisankan Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta...

Frank DiMeglio: on 1/17/10 at 21:51pm UTC, wrote Kindly consider the following: The most elemental/fundamental/deepest way...

Frank DiMeglio: on 1/8/10 at 18:24pm UTC, wrote TO FQXI: No outside reviewers of this essay are required or necessary....

Frank DiMeglio: on 12/26/09 at 22:05pm UTC, wrote This essay talks about the "telescoping"/narrowing of vision in dreams and...

Frank DiMeglio: on 12/16/09 at 23:24pm UTC, wrote ON THE SIGNIFICANCE OF MY ESSAY: Representations of thought as sensory...

Frank DiMeglio: on 12/15/09 at 21:09pm UTC, wrote TO ALL REVIEWERS OF THIS ESSAY: I already demonstrated the three to one...

Frank DiMeglio: on 12/11/09 at 0:49am UTC, wrote My essay is a new understanding of physics as it applies to experience...

Frank DiMeglio: on 12/10/09 at 23:44pm UTC, wrote My victory in this contest is assured. I will make it very easy for you...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Hi Robert, thank you. I now understand the difference between decisions and..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Robert McEachern: "Making a decision, means selecting between discrete, a priori established..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Eckard,you seems persuaded by your Words and thoughts.I don t understand..." in First Things First: The...

Eckard Blumschein: "In Darwinism/Weismannism there is no first cause, just a causal chain...." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "lol no indeed it is not a lot,like I said I liked your general ideas.I have..." in The Demon in the Machine...

Steve Agnew: "There are three assumptions...is that a lot? The aether particle mass, the..." in The Demon in the Machine...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 15, 2019

CATEGORY: What's Ultimately Possible in Physics? Essay Contest (2009) [back]
TOPIC: Natural, Integrated, and Interactive Experience and What is Ultimately Possible in Physics by Frank Martin DiMeglio [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 5, 2009 @ 16:22 GMT
Essay Abstract

What is ultimately possible in physics is dependent upon (and relates to) the natural, integrated, and interactive extensiveness of being, experience, thought, gravity, and electromagnetism/light in and with time. Reality must be understood (in varying degrees, of course) as involving (or pertaining to) what is the integrated extensiveness of being and experience (including thought). Dreams improve upon the integrated extensiveness of being, experience, and thought. This is what is described by the addition of a fourth dimension of space that unites Einstein's theory of gravity and Maxwell's theory of electromagnetism/light. I have proven (in detail and with specifics) that the dream fundamentally unifies gravity and electromagnetism/light. With the fourth dimension of space being added, what is then described is thought that is more like sensory experience in general. The dream makes thought more like sensory experience in general (including gravity and electromagnetism/light). The ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience. Dreams unify gravity and electromagnetism/light by involving what is the [gravitational and electromagnetic/light] mid-range of feeling between thought and sense; as dreams involve a fundamental integration and spreading of being and experience at the mid-range of feeling between thought and sense. Gravity and electromagnetism/light are both attractive and repulsive in the dream. The totality of experience/the system has to be considered. Gravity and electromagnetism/light are fundamental to life. They are unified in the dream. This essay includes the full contents of my previously published article entitled The Dream Fundamentally Balances and Unifies Gravity and Electromagnetism. Important and additional clarification/proof and content has been added in this essay.

Author Bio

I have a Bachelor of Science degree (cum laude) in Geography and Environmental Planning from Towson University (1987). I am finishing my second book. I write about topics in physics, philosophy, and psychology. My first book has been accepted and catalogued at public library branches and universities.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Owen Cunningham wrote on Oct. 6, 2009 @ 16:36 GMT
A copy of this message is being left in each thread of the essay contest forum.

Submitters: Tired of constantly checking the FQXI site to see how your paper's doing in the rankings? I've written a simple program that periodically checks the FQXI site and sends you an email if the status of your paper has changed in any way. Here is a sample email:

The following changes were detected...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 6, 2009 @ 23:51 GMT
ATTN: The following is very important, and it is original.

The known union of gravity and electromagnetism/light -- in the fourth dimension of space that unites Einsten's theory of gravity with Maxwell's theory of light/electromagnetism -- must be understood as balancing scale by making gravity both repulsive and attractive as electromagnetic energy/light.

I have demonstrated/proven beyond any shadow of a doubt THAT THIS OCCURS IN DREAMS.

Regarding what is included about ASTRONOMICAL/TELESCOPIC OBSERVATIONS in this essay:

1. They are interactive creations of thought, to a significant extent.

2. Astronomical observations involve a relative detachment, disintegration, and contraction of vision/visual experience as they relate to space, experience, and thought generally.

3. The redshift is related to being in an increasingly transparent/invisible space. Astronomical observations have significant similarities with dreams.

Consider this in conjunction with "dark matter"/"dark energy".

4. Consideration should be given to the fact that the eye has a transparent (or clear) space that adjoins the black space within the eye. This is to be directly compared with the adjoining transparent (and clear) sky and the black space (i.e., outer space) in which the sun is located.

Also see:

The full contents of this essay and http://radicalacademy.com/studentrefphilfmd10.htm

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 7, 2009 @ 21:17 GMT
In keeping with the fact that dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general (including gravity and electromagnetism/light), the ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sense. This is consistent with the known mathematical unification of Einstein's theory of gravity (general relativity) with Maxwell's theory of light (electromagnetism) that is achieved by the addition of a fourth dimension of space to Einstein's theory.

Bookmark and Share

Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 9, 2009 @ 22:15 GMT
So many fail to grasp the interactive nature of being, experience, and thought. (This essay discusses telescopic/astronomical observations as well.) Consider the following please.

Astronomical observations are interactive creations of thought, to a significant extent. Astronomical observations involve a relative detachment, disintegration, and contraction of vision/visual experience as they relate to space, experience, and thought generally. Astronomical observations have significant similarities with dreams. Astronomical observations and dreams involve a narrowing/"telescoping" of vision. The redshift is indicative of increased gravity due to increased transparency/invisibility of space. Consider how the the setting Sun appears at a 90 degree angle in relation to gravity (overhead) -- red and in a transparent sky. Astronomical observations necessarily increase the size of what is seen, or nothing could be seen at all. The red shift is a reduction in energy/brightness; since an object that is farther away, and yet larger/visible, necessarily involves higher gravity.

Now consider the blackness of outer space, the position of red light on the visible light spectrum, and transparent/clear space. Consider this in relation to the black and clear/invisible spaces of the eye. Consider all of this in relation to "dark matter/"dark energy".

Dreams are visible (to the person having the dream) and yet invisible (to others). Moreover, while the body is generally or significantly absent/invisible in dreams, touch and the sight of the body may occur as well.

The body is invisible and visible -- the clear space of the eye is where vision begins, and this is of (and within) the body. Vision begins as invisible/transparent space inside the eye (and body).

What is ultimately possible in physics (including mathematically) is necessarily tied to the integrated, interactive, and natural extensiveness of being, thought, and [sensory] experience. In fact, reality must be understood (in varying degrees, of course) as pertaining to (or involving) what is the integrated extensiveness of being and experience (including thought).

To unify gravity and electromagnetism/light fundamentally and comprehensively, balancing/unifying scale by making gravity repulsive and attractive as electromagnetic energy/light is required. I have proven this in dreams conclusively. You have to read my essay patiently and carefully. The union of gravity and electromagnetism/light balances/unifies scale by making gravity both repulsive and attractive as electromagnetic energy/light. I have clearly and thoroughly demonstrated electromagnetic energy/light as gravitational space.

Have you ever considered that gravity IS relatively attractive on Earth, and yet it is relatively repulsive in relation to the Sun (considering the planets that is, of course). This is the way to go in unifying gravity and electromagnetism/light. I discuss this in my essay as well.

Dreams are most definitely in the domain of physics; for starters, the sensory experience in the dream is undeniable.

What do you think is the physical/real/actual basis behind the mathematically proven union of gravity and electromagnetism/light in a fourth dimension of space? Is this not central to any TOE and to the mathematical basis therefore?

Such a union must be (and is) plainly and significantly evident in our experience. Indeed, I have proven this.

There is no getting around the following as well:

In keeping with the fact that dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general (including gravity and electromagnetism/light), the ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sense. This is consistent with the known mathematical unification of Einstein's theory of gravity (general relativity) with Maxwell's theory of light (electromagnetism) that is achieved by the addition of a fourth dimension of space to Einstein's theory. Just as this unification comes/came as a surprise, so does the physical basis therefore.

Your thoughtful and mature questions/comments are very welcome. Frank

Bookmark and Share

Ray Munroe wrote on Oct. 12, 2009 @ 13:00 GMT
Dear Frank,

This is a response to questions that you posted on my blog site. I removed any potentially objectionable material.

Thank you for your interest and questions.

1) Look at history. Theodor Kaluza unified gravity and electromagnetism in 5 dimensions, but did not include the nuclear forces. I did not invent the idea of unseen dimensions. Honestly, I didn't even...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 13, 2009 @ 12:20 GMT
Hello dear Frank and dr cosmic Ray ,

Your essay is very good about the phylosophical point of vue .

That said ,I don't understand how you can say what the gravity is repulsive or attractive ,the grvity is always attractive dear Frank ,really .

If you said what the electromagnetism and the gravity interacts in an evolution point of vue ,it could be more pragmatic in my opinion...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 15, 2009 @ 11:41 GMT
Dear Frank I have some ideas for you .

It's the same with our Earth ,when we see the evolution and the begining 13.7 billions years to 15 ago .

The Earth is a spherical system with a center ,this center is very important ,we are the result of a specific polarisations in time ,the codes of informations are thus very important inside the main centers of particles .

Thus you can...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 18, 2009 @ 15:09 GMT
Hi Steve and Ray.

What certain essay contestants on here fail to realize is that time has 3 parts -- past, present, and future. Any TOE must not only address the integrated extensiveness of experience in general, but it must address this as well. You cannot have a TOE whereby time is dimininished, in other words. The integrated extensiveness of being/thought/experience must address the integrated extensiveness of time. The totality of time must be understood in conjunction with, and inseparable from, the present. Physics, to date, has failed miserably at this.

The ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

This is a FACT, and it is perfectly written. The limits of both physics and the understanding in general cannot be properly understood apart from this central and most important idea.

The mathematical union of gravity AND electromagnetism/light with the addition of a fourth dimension of space to Einstein's theory is undeniable. The physical reality, structure, and sensory experience of this unification occurs in/as dream experience. Dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general (including gravity and electromagnetism/light). To think that the unification of Einstein's theory of gravity and Maxwell's theory of light is not plainly and significantly apparent in our experience is one of the greatest blunders/omissions of common sense that has ever occurred.

To unify gravity and electromagnetism/light fundamentally and comprehensively, balancing/unifying scale by making gravity repulsive and attractive as electromagnetic energy/light is required. I have clearly and thoroughly demonstrated this, including demonstrating electromagnetic energy/light as gravitational space (in the experience of dreams). The unification/balancing/inclusion of both invisible and visible space in dreams is central to balancing/unifying scale in conjunction with space manifesting both gravititationally and electromagnetically. You have to read, and very carefully consider, my entire essay (including my three posts above).

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Oct. 19, 2009 @ 00:10 GMT
Hello Frank,

I have downloaded your essay, and will read and comment. At the point I have a settled opinion about it, I will make a rating. My first thought, looking at the abstract and opening comments, is that we'll likely have some things to agree on, and other areas where I will remain unconvinced. But I will suspend judgment until I've had a chance to digest your words a...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Oct. 19, 2009 @ 03:02 GMT
Greetings Frank,

I wanted you to know that I finished reading your essay, and found it interesting. Some of the connections to Physics were tenuous, at best, but many of the ideas you suggest would be interesting to explore, or are helpful. And you make a good point that Science, in general, benefits from the perspective offered by dreams.

I liked the idea of talking about the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Oct. 19, 2009 @ 14:26 GMT
Hello again Frank,

I will have some more comments, after a brief review. I'll have to get to that in a bit. But I was wondering if you had noticed the essay of Daegene Song, which claims to show through Quantum Mechanics that only the subjective experience of the universe exists.

And it looks from a quick glance like it touches on some of the same things you do. I'd have to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 23, 2009 @ 21:16 GMT
Hi Jonathan.

In reply to my prior posts at your essay page, you have now said:

"I just re-read your second post above and it made a bit more sense of something you were saying in the earlier post. Your statement at the end "How space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy is a central and very valuable physical idea." is right on. Perhaps the key, as you say, is to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 23, 2009 @ 21:53 GMT
ATTN ALL:

The essay that should win is the one that best advances (fundamentally and originally) the understanding of sensory experience (including gravity and electromagnetism) IN GENERAL.

The ratings are unfair in this contest. You can see the: "I scratch your back, and you scratch mine" mentality in the catering, superficial, hollow, and fake exchanges of "pleasantries" which...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
this post was moved here from a different topic

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Oct. 24, 2009 @ 02:52 GMT
Hello Frank,

Thank you for your many comments. I agree we have a lot to talk about. I re-read part of your essay earlier today, and understood some things I did not before. The comments above also clarify some of your points. I don't have time to address all the comments tonight, though, and probably not all for a while, as I'll be away from my computer. I will try to respond to the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 24, 2009 @ 18:03 GMT
ATTN: ALL I will now prove that how space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy is THE central and MOST valuable physical idea.

The reduction in the range and extensiveness of feeling (of the body) while dreaming/sleeping is very relevant. The completion and balancing that dreams/sleep give to the unification of gravity and electromagnetism/light is consistent with the 90 degree...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 24, 2009 @ 18:49 GMT
Hi Jonathan (and all other reviewers of this essay):

This post clearly demonstrates the importance of my essay. I will now prove that how space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy is THE central and MOST valuable physical idea.

The reduction in the range and extensiveness of feeling (of the body) while dreaming/sleeping is very relevant. The completion and balancing...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 24, 2009 @ 21:37 GMT
IMPORTANT FQXi participants -- As opposed to the blackness of space, the increased transparency/invisibility of space allows us to see farther in astronomical/telescopic observations.

Comments/questions welcome.

Bookmark and Share

Florin Moldoveanu wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 00:47 GMT
Hi Frank,

You are not asking questions that you did not ask in the past. Therefore my answers are still the same.

You have to derive mathematical consequences from your ideas. Just stating something it does not make it true; you need a proof.

The bottom line is that your approach is not physics.

Florin

Bookmark and Share

Florin Moldoveanu wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 00:51 GMT
Oops, I posted my reply to your thread instead of mine. Sorry about that. I will flag the previous and this post as inappropriate to be deleted by FQXi administrator, and I will post the answer on my thread.

Florin

Bookmark and Share

Don Limuti (www.zenophysics.com wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 03:58 GMT
Hi Frank,

I did read your essay here are some thoughts:

1. You mentioned that "Reductionist thinkers tend to pick apart my essay, as they lack [what is a greater] integrated extensiveness in their thinking."

You chose a difficult road in entering this contest because reductionist thinkers are the vast majority in FQXi. I am a reductionist thinker myself except of course...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 17:28 GMT
ATTN: ALL -- Consider that the following is central to any proper and complete understanding of both thought and experience in general:

Desire consists of both intention and concern, thereby including interest as well.

How do you think that memory is possible?: By making thought more like sensory experience in general. Dreams are much like memory. But an expanded definition/understanding of memory and dreams is at hand. Memory integrates experience -- that is HUGE.

Now, I will give you all great, valuable, useful, meaningful, and original definitions/understandings of both memory and dreams:

Memory integrates experience and is necessary for the improved integration of a greater totality of experience; and here lies its connection with the advancement of consciousness and genius. Memory increases (or adds to) the extensiveness, desirability, predictability, and intentionality of experience. Memory is an aid with regard to the extensiveness of intentionality in regard to experience. The loss (or reduction) in both memory and the intentionality of experience that occurs in the dream helps to explain why we are basically (or significantly) without the use of our body therein.

Dreams involve a fundamental integration and spreading of being and experience at the [gravitational] mid-range of feeling between thought and sense. Dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general (including gravity and electromagnetism).

I encourage the important efforts of the FQXi participants regarding what is the interactive nature of being and experience. Do any of you have any questions for me?

Bookmark and Share

Jason Wolfe wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 18:06 GMT
Frank,

I have a question. Can you simplify what you are saying down to the bare bones? In other words, words can shape the emotions of the reader. People trained in hard core physics and mathematics understand this. But words can also be used to hide lack of thoughtful content. I often have to boil my own ideas down to their bare bones meaning; which makes the actual mechanics of the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 25, 2009 @ 20:34 GMT
All FQXi participants: IMPORTANT -- Compared to the blackness of space, the increased transparency/invisibility of space in astronomical/telescopic observations is very important. This allows us to see farther. But this also means, again, that space is becoming increasingly invisible/transparent. This occurs in dreams, as space is increasingly invisible in dreams; in fact, the experience of space...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 26, 2009 @ 22:32 GMT
TO: All FQXi judges and reviewers of this essay, and Jonathan, Don, Ray, Steve, and Florin as well:

I have demonstrated the equivalency of extension in time and space at a three to one ratio in keeping with the following (below). I have shown that the integrated extensiveness of being and experience go hand-in-hand in and with time. What I will now demonstrate with regard to time alone is...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Oct. 29, 2009 @ 01:11 GMT
Why I am going to win this essay contest and also The Nobel Prize in Physics:

"It is the theory which decides what we can observe..." -- Einstein

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Einstein

James Clerk Maxwell – "The only laws of matter are those that our minds must fabricate and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter."

Schroedinger was...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 1, 2009 @ 23:55 GMT
MORE DEFINITIVE PROOF AS TO WHY I DESERVE TO WIN THIS ESSAY CONTEST AND THE NOBEL PRIZE IN PHYSICS:

This essay explains why/how it is the increased transparency/invisibility of space in astronomical/telescopic observations that makes these observations possible, AS IT ALLOWS US TO SEE FARTHER.

THE INCREASING TRANSPARENCY/INVISIBILITY OF SPACE IN ASTRONOMICAL/TELESCOPIC OBSERVATIONS EXPLAINS THE REDSHIFT.

Astronomical/telescopic observations and dreams both involve a narrowing/"telescoping" of vision. Astronomical/telescopic observations have significant similarities with dreams. Both dreams and astronomical/telescopic observations involve increasing invisibility/transparency of space. Telescopic/astronomical observations are interactive creations of thought to a significant extent.

Telescopes are known to be a sort of big eye. Witness the red Sun and the clear/transparent sky/space around it. See the connection? Why do you think that the LARGER Sun then looks AND feels (on/at the eye) more like the Earth?

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 3, 2009 @ 03:48 GMT
That dreams involve a fundamental integration and spreading of being and experience (including thought) at the mid-range of feeling between thought and sense is consistent with the self representing, forming, and experiencing a comprehensive approximation of experience in general. The self represents, forms, and experiences a comprehensive approximation of the totality of experience by combining unconscious and conscious experience. Experience then becomes a more direct expression of the self that is increasingly representative of a greater totality of experience as well. That the self represents, forms, and experiences a comprehensive approximation of the totality of experience is evident in both our waking and dream experiences. Indeed, the ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

Francis Bacon: "..., all perceptions, both of sense and mind, are relative to man, not to the universe."

Thought is incorporated [bodily] into/as part of WHAT IS A RANGE OF GRAVITATIONAL FEELING. Our very ability to describe gravity is inseparable from our experience of gravity. The 90 degree angle of the body (while dreaming and waking) is consistent with our ability to fully and properly describe, understand, and experience gravity. The [relative] reduction in the range and extensiveness of gravitational feeling (of the body) while dreaming/sleeping is very relevant. Gravity is fairly constant at/near the surface of the Earth. That is consistent with the understanding in general.

The completion and balancing that dreams/sleep give to the unification of gravity and electromagnetism/light is consistent with the 90 degree angle of the two experiences/states (waking and dreaming). Note that electromagnetic space (e.g., the Sun and photons) is both larger AND smaller than ordinary or typical space/objects (such as the Earth). In dream experience, space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy. Note the particle/wave nature of dreams. Balancing, combining, and including invisible and visible space is key.

The ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience. How do you think that language, dreams, and memory (of feeling, thoughts, emotions, language, etc.) are possible? Dreams are much like memory. Memory integrates experience -- another great FACT.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 3, 2009 @ 05:50 GMT
Electromagnetic space (e.g., photons and the Sun) is both larger and smaller than ordinary or typical space (such as the Earth). When space manifests as gravitational/electromagnetic energy (as it does in dreams), scale is then balanced; and space is particle/wave, invisible/visible, and larger/smaller. Accordingly, the space is both repulsive (additive/larger) and attractive (subtractive/smaller) as well, in conjunction with its varying distance/size.

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Nov. 5, 2009 @ 01:27 GMT
Hello again Frank,

I have a question for you, or an idea to bounce off of you. If it is granted that the observable universe (the material or physical) is part of a larger whole that includes the realm of the abstract or of abstractions, some of your ideas might make sense - as applicable to a physical theory - however, some questions still remain. We must ask whether the 'real' or...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 5, 2009 @ 04:36 GMT
Hi Jonathan. You said that I have "a vague notion about how dreams should relate to Physics". Are you serious? Did you read the essay? My explanation is clear, complete, consistent, simple, and convincing.

Electromagnetic space (e.g., photons and the Sun/outer space) is both larger and smaller than ordinary or typical space/objects (such as the Earth/transparent sky). When space manifests as gravitational/electromagnetic energy (as it does in dreams), scale is then balanced; and space is particle/wave, invisible/visible, and larger/smaller. Accordingly, space is both repulsive and attractive as well. Witness the variable size/distance of space in dreams. Energy is constant, brightness is adjusted perfectly, and vision/visibility is very well adjusted/discernible. Note that the space is integrated and yet disintegrated as well. Is it hard to see how my ideas apply to physics? Not hardly. This is way too much to just pass over Jonathan. Dreams make sensory experience (including gravity and electromagnetism/light) in general more like thought. Couple this with the fact that the ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience, and it is readily apparent that the known mathematical union of Einstein's gravity and Maxwell's electromagnetism/light in a fourth spatial dimension requires dreams. Dreams involve a fundamental integration AND spreading of being, experience, and thought at the [gravitational] mid-range of feeling between thought and sense. (Note that thoughts are relatively shifting and variable, so dream vision is also relatively shifting and variable.) The dream represents the underlying and fundamental process/manifestation by which the totality of experience is attained to and known/understood at its deepest level. The world requires and involves man. The fundamental laws of physics must be unified and also understood in a fashion that allows life and experience (in general) to be. Consistent with this, dream experience is essential to the proper (and complete) understanding of both life and experience (including sensory experience) in general. Dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general. I deserve the Nobel Prize in Physics.

James Clerk Maxwell – "The only laws of matter are those that our minds must fabricate and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter."

You do not see how this fits with/relates to dream AND waking experience?

You do not see how this all fits with/relates to this GREAT FACT: The ability of thought to describe or reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

Thoughts and emotions are differentiated feelings.

The integrated extensiveness of being and experience go hand-in-hand in and with time. I have demonstrated this.

I have demonstrated how the coordinated/unified growth and development of the self/body is generally possible at varying/various scales given said unification, and how this may be understood (or linked to the understanding) as well. Dreams involve/demonstrate making larger spaces smaller and smaller spaces larger. Think about it.

I have also demonstrated how the improved understanding of experience in general is possible as well. The integrated extensiveness of thought(s) is improved in the truly superior mind.

You need to read all that I have written about desire as well. (Desire consists of both intention and concern, thereby including interest as well.)

I have extensive writings that relate to your other questions.

Balance and completeness go hand-in-hand, remember that.

Dreams are much like memory. Read the essay, and study it hard. Much of your confusion is due to the fact that you do not understand this statement:

The ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

Believe me, it is a fact of gigantic significance, in physics and in general.

You should read all of my posts in this discussion please. I have other important/relevant posts elsewhere on this FQXi site as well.

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Nov. 5, 2009 @ 17:55 GMT
Thank you Frank,

I appreciate your taking time for a detailed answer here. Please understand that even when I am in relative agreement with an author, I still like to ask questions, partly in an attempt to see if that author can prove his or her point by stating things differently, rather than merely quoting themselves. When I read the essay of Robert Oldershaw, for example, I thought I...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Ray B Munroe wrote on Nov. 6, 2009 @ 14:19 GMT
Dear Frank,

I know that you are familiar with Edwin Eugene Klingman's essay that unites Gravity and Consciousness. His ideas are as original as yours that unify the Dream, Gravity and Electromagnetism. In my opinion, you are both appealing to a Consciousness/ Dream/ Mind/ Soul that may actually be more complicated and less understood than the Gravitational phenomena you are trying to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 25, 2009 @ 18:56 GMT
IMPORTANT -- ALL and FQXi JUDGES:

1) The core theoretical/actual application and manifestation of the wave/particle duality is evident when thought is more like sensory experience in general. Wave/particle duality occurs in dreams.

2) Also, the theoretical/actual basis of the unification of known mathematical union of Maxwell and Einstein's theories (with the addition of a fourth spatial dimension to Einstein's theory) is dream experience.

Since dreams involve a fundamental integration AND spreading of being, thought, and experience at the [gravitational] MID-RANGE of feeling BETWEEN thought AND sense, dreams make thought more like sensory experience (including gravity and electromagnetism/light) in general. Indeed, how space manifests as gravitational/electromagnetic energy is a central and very valuable concept in relation to physics (and experience) in general. Dream experience offers an expanded (yet relatively unified) perspective in relation to experience (and physics) in general.

The significance of the following, in relation to the above, to physics, experience, being, thought, and to a better understanding of genius as well is not to be underestimated:

The ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

The integrated extensiveness of thought/thinking is improved in the truly superior mind (and in the highest/ideal form of genius).

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 25, 2009 @ 19:27 GMT
More on why I am the undisputed winner of this essay contest.

The core theoretical/actual application and manifestation of the wave/particle duality is evident when thought is more like sensory experience in general. Wave/particle duality occurs in dreams. Dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 25, 2009 @ 19:40 GMT
Reality must be understood (in varying degrees, of course) as pertaining to what is the integrated extensiveness of being, thought, and experience. Consider this carefully in relation to both astronomical/telescopic observations and dream experience. Consider that dreams and telescopic/astronomical observations are both interactive creations of thought, to a significant extent. (Importantly, my essay talks more about this.) Now consider all of this post in keeping with the fact that waking experience (including that of the stars at night) is significantly different in comparison with BOTH dream experience and astronomical/telescopic observations. Dreams have SIGNIFICANT AND VERY IMPORTANT similarities with astronomical/telescopic observations.

I feel strongly that I deserve to win this essay contest, and I expect that other authors in this contest would admit to this in this contest.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 25, 2009 @ 23:02 GMT
IMPORTANT --

Since dreams make thought more like sensory experience (including gravity and electromagnetism/light) in general, the idea of "how space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy" is not only demonstrated in dreams (as I have shown), but this idea is then ALSO understood to be NECESSARILY central to an improved understanding of physics/experience IN GENERAL.

According to Jonathan Dickau, my idea of "how space manifests as electromagnetic/gravitational energy" is "right on" as a central and valuable idea/concept in physics.

Clearly, I have demonstrated that I deserve to win this essay contest.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 25, 2009 @ 23:43 GMT
THIS (from my prior post).... 2) Also, the theoretical/actual basis of the unification of known mathematical union of Maxwell and Einstein's theories (with the addition of a fourth spatial dimension to Einstein's theory) is dream experience.

IS NOW CORRECTED TO THIS.... 2) Also, the theoretical/actual basis of the unification (that is, the known mathematical union) of Maxwell and Einstein's theories (with the addition of a fourth spatial dimension to Einstein's theory) IS dream experience. It's real simple folks. I deserve to win this essay contest.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Nov. 29, 2009 @ 19:17 GMT
IMPORTANT:

The theoretical/actual basis of the known mathematical union of Maxwell and Einstein's theories (with the addition of a fourth spatial dimension to Einstein's theory) IS dream experience. I proved the three to one (one third) relation in BOTH space AND time in my essay as well -- consistent with BOTH general relativity AND said union of Maxwell and Einstein's theories.

We are, in fact, "outsmarted" in the dream, as dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 5, 2009 @ 18:59 GMT
Think of how genius, dreams, memory, and art are possible. Now think of this in keeping with this enormously important fact:

The ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sense.

Emotion, thought, feeling, and sensory experience are all fundamentally interactive. Dreams add to (or improve upon) what is the integrated extensiveness of being, experience, and thought. Dreams conceptually/actually unify gravity and electromagnetism/light. It is that simple.

Note the transparent space/sky around the larger and red [setting] sun.

(Telescopic/astronomical observations make the objects larger, or they could not be seen at all.) Importantly, isn't the increased transparency/invisibility of space, in relation to the blackness of night/outer space, the requirement of seeing farther?

LARGER OBJECTS, IN A RELATIVELY SMALLER SPACE -- COMPARABLE TO THE EARTH -- WOULD HAVE HIGHER GRAVITY, WOULD THEY NOT -- CONSIDERING THAT THE INVISIBILITY/TRANSPARENCY OF [THE SPACE] IS INCREASED?

Of huge importance, isn't the increasing transparency/invisibility of space the reason for the redshift?

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 5, 2009 @ 19:19 GMT
Consider the following in keeping with my prior post.

Do you not agree that telescopic/astronomical observations are "activating" -- similar to dreams -- what would otherwise be the waking/ordinary visual experience of the stars?

See my essay please. Thanks.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 10, 2009 @ 23:44 GMT
My victory in this contest is assured. I will make it very easy for you all. Thank you for your kind consideration. The following is extremely important.

Do you understand the GIGANTIC significance of the following three statements taken together?:

1) The ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

2) Dreams involve a fundamental integration AND spreading of being, experience, and thought at the [gravitational and electromagnetic] MID-RANGE of feeling BETWEEN thought AND sense.

3) Dreams make thought more like sensory experience IN GENERAL (including gravity and electromagnetism).

Now, also consider the following:

These are the essential parameters/requirements regarding the demonstration/proof of what is ultimately possible in physics.

1) Making thought more like sensory experience in general.

2) Space manifesting as gravitational/electromagnetic energy.

3) Balancing/uniting scale.

4) Exhibiting/demonstrating particle/wave.

5) Repulsive/attractive.

What is ultimately possible in physics cannot (and should not) be properly/fully understood apart from this great truth:

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 11, 2009 @ 00:49 GMT
My essay is a new understanding of physics as it applies to experience (including the understanding) in general. The importance of this essay is not to be underestimated.

In keeping with the conclusions/ideas of this essay, did you know that I have explained why the Common Chimpanzees live two-thirds as long as we do (in captivity, of course)?

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 15, 2009 @ 21:09 GMT
TO ALL REVIEWERS OF THIS ESSAY:

I already demonstrated the three to one ratio (one third), consistent with BOTH time and space. Moreover, as you know, when a fourth dimension of space is added to Einstein's theory (and you then do the math), you get both Maxwell's theory of light and Einstein's theory of gravity -- a mathematical union that some have deemed as "miraculous" (Paul Davies).

The math is done. It is obvious to anyone with any common sense that this union has to be plainly and significantly evident in our experience -- and it is, as dream experience. I have proven this in a clear, consistent, and comprehensive fashion. You all need to admit the clear facts, regardless of whether you (including FQXi) like it or not.

There is one person who clearly deserves to win this contest, and it is I.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 16, 2009 @ 23:24 GMT
ON THE SIGNIFICANCE OF MY ESSAY:

Representations of thought as sensory experience are basically beautiful, powerful, and/or captivating -- this is the connection with art, TV, truth, physics, and power. To the extent that the truth mirrors the integrated extensiveness of nature/the natural, these ideas are held to be more beautiful/desirable -- although they can be shocking. The deepest truths require the greatest/deepest strength. Dreams represent thought as sensory experience IN GENERAL -- so this may be held to be an experience of excessive or extreme genius, thereby (in this meaniningful sense) making dream experience generally less desirable than waking experience.

The highest thoughts of genius and the best theory of physics necessarily involve/pertain to past/present/future extensiveness of experience.

This is a fact of great significance.

Since astronomical/telescopic observations are already, to a significant extent, an interactive creation of thought, the ability to comprehend them is necessarily diminished; for it is in the description of what is the integrated and natural extensiveness of experience (past, present, and future) that our greatest, most beautiful, and daring theories are found.

Television may be seen as an accelerated experience of art. TV is a creation of generalized thought. TV is even more similar to thought than in the case of dream vision/experience. This is why the visual images in TV become even more shifting and variable than those of the dream. (Thoughts are relatively shifting and variable).

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Dec. 26, 2009 @ 22:05 GMT
This essay talks about the "telescoping"/narrowing of vision in dreams and in astronomical/telescopic observations as well. The following provides additional proof on the originality and importance of my essay:

The increased invisibility/transparency of space is a requirement of these astronomical/telescopic observations. Importantly, there is a "telescoping"/narrowing of vision in dreams too. (Dreams make thought more like sensory experience in general, including gravity and electromagnetism/light.)Astronomical/telescopic observations have significant similarities with dream vision. Dream vision is constantly active/shifting/variable. Similarly, telescopic/astronomical observations are "activating " what would otherwise be the [basically] unmoving stars at night (as seen by the unaided eye). Astronomical/telescopic observations are interactive creations of thought to a significant extent. Red borders black and transparent. Supernovas and the red sun both only last so long, as well. Witness the clear space around the red [larger] setting sun. Telescopes are known to function as a sort of "big eye". Note the clear and black parts of the eye. Astronomical/telescopic observations make objects larger, or they could not be seen. Yet they are in a smaller space, and dreams are in/involve a smaller space. The earth may also be considered to be in a smaller (and transparent) space. THINK! Dreams involve how a larger space is made smaller, and also how a smaller space is made larger.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Jan. 8, 2010 @ 18:24 GMT
TO FQXI:

No outside reviewers of this essay are required or necessary. Indeed, this is why I CLEARLY deserve to win this essay contest:

The most elemental/fundamental/deepest way (or manner) in which human thought is [comprehensively and consistently] enmeshed and interactive with physical (and this includes sensory, of course!)experience is the source of our deepest genius and of the deepest and broadest conclusions/unifications that are revealed (and possible) in physics.

This above is in keeping with the FACT that the ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience.

Electromagnetric space (e.g., photons and the Sun) is both larger and smaller than ordinary or typical space (such as the Earth). When space manifests as gravitational/electromagnetic energy, scale is then balanced, space is particle/wave, invisible/visible, and larger/smaller. Accordingly, space is both repulsive and attractive as well.

Bookmark and Share

Author Frank Martin DiMeglio wrote on Jan. 17, 2010 @ 21:51 GMT
Kindly consider the following:

The most elemental/fundamental/deepest way (or manner) in which human thought is [comprehensively and consistently] enmeshed and interactive with physical (and this includes sensory, of course!) experience is the source of our deepest genius and of the deepest and broadest conclusions/unifications that are revealed (and possible) in physics.

The above is in keeping with the FACT that the ability of thought to describe OR reconfigure sense is ultimately dependent upon the extent to which thought is similar to sensory experience. This relates to memory and genius.

Now, carefully consider, in keeping with the above, that: Dreams involve a fundamental integration and spreading of being, experience, and thought at the [gravitational and electromagnetic] mid-range of feeling between thought and sensory experience.

Bookmark and Share

agaric pro wrote on Nov. 1, 2017 @ 04:17 GMT
Pengertian Sinusitis Melisankan Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta Ancamannya

Pengertian Sinusitis Terjemahan Mengenai Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta Jenis Jenisnya

Pengertian Sinusitis Perihal Pengertian Sinusitis Yang Familiar Namun Terabaikan

Pengertian Sinusitis Mengetahui Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta Proses Kejadiannya

Pengertian Sinusitis Menuturkan Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta Pemahamannya

Pengertian Sinusitis Kicauan Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Beserta Seluk Beluknya

Pengertian Sinusitis Mengoceh Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Dan Bahaya Yang Mengancam

Pengertian Sinusitis Pengertian Sinusitis Yang Perlu Kita Identifikasi Lebih Lanjut

Pengertian Sinusitis Kajian Mengenai Pengertian Sinusitis Dengan Pemecahan Solusinya

Pengertian Sinusitis Mengasosiasikan Pengertian Sinusitis Yang Masih Jarang Dikenali

Pengertian Sinusitis Mari Pendekatan Dengan Pengertian Sinusitis Sedekat Dekatnya

Pengertian Sinusitis Pengertian Sinusitis Menurut Berbagai Sudut Pandang

Pengertian Sinusitis Pengertian Sinusitis Dan Cikal Bakal Terjadinya Sinusitis

Pengertian Sinusitis Membeberkan Tentang Pengertian Sinusitis Secara Berkala

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.