Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

songjoong df: on 12/27/17 at 6:51am UTC, wrote cara menjadi reseller qnc jelly gamat Cara Menjadi Agen Qnc Jelly Gamat ...

Georgina Parry: on 11/14/09 at 20:26pm UTC, wrote Cool book.I would buy it. Great for the tourist gift shop when the LHC is...

Anonymous: on 11/14/09 at 15:17pm UTC, wrote Video about the LHC pop-up book for kids in which you can build your own...

Anonymous: on 11/13/09 at 1:04am UTC, wrote ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Steve Dufourny: on 4/14/09 at 18:07pm UTC, wrote Hello dear Mr W.H.Depperman, To all problem exists a solution ,I admit...

Steve Dufourny: on 4/13/09 at 18:32pm UTC, wrote Hello dear William H. Depperman, Nice to meet you ,what a cry of heart. ...

Anonymous: on 4/13/09 at 16:41pm UTC, wrote The capitalists also front large organizations such as the John Templeton...

William H. Depperman: on 4/13/09 at 16:40pm UTC, wrote The Capitalist Dictatorship Falsifies Basic Science! Michio Kaku, Wendy...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Lorraine Ford: "P.S. I didn't mean to suggest that all physicists are "childish":..." in Agency in the Physical...

Lorraine Ford: "Re “Matter is not the numb, dumb, almost superfluous in the scheme of..." in Agency in the Physical...

Joe Fisher: "It was really exceptional for Dr. Sabine Hossenfelder, to develop a..." in Usurping Quantum Theory

ari saaput: "Pengobatan Penyakit Kencing Nanah Secara medis, Obat Kencing Nanah..." in Summer in Space

ari saaput: "Berikut Kumpulan nama obat antibiotik gonore : ciprofloksasin dapat..." in The LHC rap!

ari saaput: "Antibiotik Obat Kencing Nanah untuk penyakit gonore di apotik dengan yang..." in Is the world made of...

ari saaput: "Keluarnya cairan kuning, Obat Kencing Nanah kehijauan, putih atau bening..." in New Online Course:...

ari saaput: "Oleh karena itu, jangan lupa menerapkan gaya hidup sehat agar terhindar..." in What if string theory is...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Usurping Quantum Theory
The search is on for a fundamental framework that allows for even stranger links between particles than quantum theory—which could lead us to a theory of everything.

Fuzzballs v Black Holes
A radical theory replaces the cosmic crunchers with fuzzy quantum spheres, potentially solving the black-hole information paradox and explaining away the Big Bang and the origin of time.

Whose Physics Is It Anyway? Q&A with Chanda Prescod-Weinstein
Why physics and astronomy communities must take diversity issues seriously in order to do good science.

Why Time Might Not Be an Illusion
Einstein’s relativity pushes physicists towards a picture of the universe as a block, in which the past, present, and future all exist on the same footing; but maybe that shift in thinking has gone too far.

The Complexity Conundrum
Resolving the black hole firewall paradox—by calculating what a real astronaut would compute at the black hole's edge.

FQXi BLOGS
July 18, 2018

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Cosmology for Kids, FQXi-style [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger Grace Stemp-Morlock wrote on Dec. 23, 2008 @ 21:30 GMT
It’s that gift-giving time of year and, as a father of two, I’m always on the lookout for books that will amuse my kids. So I jumped at the chance to chat to FQXi’s Brian Greene, who recently published a kids’ book covering modern physics and cosmology.

Now, I’m a firm believer in teaching children good science and not just pacifying them with simplistic answers such as...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

report post as inappropriate

Kate wrote on Jan. 5, 2009 @ 09:14 GMT
I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate

http://educationonline-101.com

Bookmark and Share

William H. Depperman wrote on Apr. 13, 2009 @ 16:40 GMT
The Capitalist Dictatorship Falsifies Basic Science!

Michio Kaku, Wendy Freedman, Dennis Oberbye,

Brian Greene, etc. Are Exposed as Liars!

Today basic medicine, science including climatology, astrophysics and even both Einstein’s Special Theory and General Theory of relativity are brazenly and routinely falsified at the direction of Fascist elements for political/religious...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Apr. 13, 2009 @ 16:41 GMT
The capitalists also front large organizations such as the John Templeton Foundation and the Stanford Templeton Research Institute for Nature, God and Science (STRINGS!) to try to reconcile religion and belief in god. Good grief! Don’t be fooled for a second!

Religious superstition can play no constructive role in either genuinely progressive thought or the process of organizing a...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 13, 2009 @ 18:32 GMT
Hello dear William H. Depperman,

Nice to meet you ,what a cry of heart.

Sorry but French is my primary language .

Our global system is unfortunally chaotic ,it's not the system but the human nature in all cultures ,religions,systems and countries .

"Science without conscienciousness is ruin of soul"

It's evident if some people with reponsabilities don't act in harmony and universality ,their decisions shall be in this processus.

The bad governances always and the envy of power and moneys .It's a global reality ,everywhere the bad governances decrease our evolution and our potential of complementarity .

I have some words about that ...and if ,in the past evolution ,we had given ,.....we add bad past ideas .

But we evolve fortunaly .

In my Spherization Theory ,there is a contraction towards the ultim sphere and its harmonic architecture in balance.

The accretions towards centers with a complexificqtion and an increase of mass ,the spherization is foundamental I think .

sincerely

Steve

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 14, 2009 @ 18:07 GMT
Hello dear Mr W.H.Depperman,

To all problem exists a solution ,I admit that our global system is chaotic .

For our ecology ,it's urgent to act differently .

I have invented a global technic to restabilize that .It's an add of technics ,these technics are in correlation with the foundamental harmonic universal balance .

I have tested on ground and results are important .

1 The optimization of soils 2 The vegetal multiplication 3

the composting ,of course a good knowledge in botany and ecology is important to encircle all the interactions ,the phytosociology ,the climatology ,the geology ,the hand of man .... these 3 technics are a solution for our Earth and its balance.

Take our soil like fisrt step is so important .We can increase the mass of ecosystems and increase the number of interactions between animals ,vegetals and minerals ,

The soil is so important .it's the begining .The first step .

Regards

Steve

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Nov. 13, 2009 @ 01:04 GMT
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Nov. 14, 2009 @ 15:17 GMT
Video about the LHC pop-up book for kids in which you can build your own collider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XK9fdLM8Y8

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Parry wrote on Nov. 14, 2009 @ 20:26 GMT
Cool book.I would buy it. Great for the tourist gift shop when the LHC is retired too.

Bookmark and Share

songjoong sdfsd df wrote on Dec. 27, 2017 @ 06:51 GMT
cara menjadi reseller qnc jelly gamat

Cara Menjadi Agen Qnc Jelly Gamat

manfaat qnc jelly gamat

Obat Tradisional Kista Nabothian Tanpa Operasi

cara menjadi agen qnc jelly gamat

cara menjadi reseller qnc jelly gamat

cara mengobati gondongan pada anak

cara mengobati kanker nasofaring secara alami

obat pembersih sisa janin setelah keguguran

cara mengobati kanker pankreas secara tradisional

obat tradisional benjolan di leher sebelah kanan

obat tradisional tipes untuk orang dewasa

obat tradisional untuk menghentikan haid berkepanjangan

Obat Tradisional Pembekuan Darah Di Otak

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.