Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Michael Wade: on 7/28/22 at 11:54am UTC, wrote history dissertation help

Steve Dufourny: on 6/1/22 at 10:31am UTC, wrote Hi Peter, interesting the collpase quantum state, try to superimpose the...

Peter Morgan: on 5/31/22 at 20:06pm UTC, wrote Hi, Sally. Thanks for an interesting talk. As well as watching it, I've...

Sally Shrapnel: on 5/30/22 at 11:46am UTC, wrote Sally Shrapnel (University of Queensland) ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

John Cox: "Our human sense of a flow of time only suggests that there are some..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

PhysicsPfan: "The phrase above "...argued that time does not exist at all" shows how..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Steve Dufourny: "All seems really a question of how we interpret the mass , the energy , the..." in 16th Marcel Grossmann...

Steve Dufourny: "That implies that this gravitation is not about only the works of Newton..." in 16th Marcel Grossmann...

Steve Dufourny: "One of the important solution that I propose for the UN is ecological and..." in Global Collaboration

Amrit Ladhani : "My preprint "The Beginning to the End of the Universe and Eternal..." in Alternative Models of...

Steve Dufourny: "It could be very relevant if FQXi make a kind of essay contest for this..." in Global Collaboration

Steve Dufourny: "I read my posts from the past on FQXi, my english which is not of course..." in Alternative Models of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quanthoven's Fifth
A quantum computer composes chart-topping music, programmed by physicists striving to understand consciousness.

The Math of Consciousness: Q&A with Kobi Kremnitzer
A meditating mathematician is developing a theory of conscious experience to help understand the boundary between the quantum and classical world.

Can We Feel What It’s Like to Be Quantum?
Underground experiments in the heart of the Italian mountains are testing the links between consciousness and collapse theories of quantum physics.

The Thermodynamic Limits of Intelligence: Q&A with David Wolpert
Calculating the energy needed to acquire and compute information could help explain the (in)efficiency of human brains and guide the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence.

Gambling Against the Second Law
Using precision thermometry to make mini heat engines, that might, momentarily, bust through the thermodynamic limit.

FQXi BLOGS
August 16, 2022

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Causal Discovery in the Quantum Context by Sally Shrapnel [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger Sally Shrapnel wrote on May. 30, 2022 @ 11:46 GMT
Sally Shrapnel (University of Queensland)

https://simons.berkeley.edu/talks/cau...

Quantum Physics and Statistical Causal Models

This talk introduces quantum causal modelling and describes existing quantum causal discovery methods. Important distinctions between familiar classical causal concepts and their quantum counterparts will be discussed, and example use cases for quantum causal discovery presented. Some potential opportunities for classical causal discovery experts to contribute to this fledgling field will also be outlined.

Keywords: $IAF #Information_As_Fuel #Shrapnel #Quantum #Quantum_Computing

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

This forum thread is open to the public.

Peter Warwick Morgan wrote on May. 31, 2022 @ 20:06 GMT
Hi, Sally. Thanks for an interesting talk. As well as watching it, I've looked at the paper of yours that you mention, "Updating the Born rule", in NewJPhys, because it seemed to intersect with a new paper of mine in JPhysA, "The collapse of a quantum state as a joint probability construction". I'm sorry not to have known of your paper earlier.

In Figure 1 in your paper, you say, as I...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Jun. 1, 2022 @ 10:31 GMT
Hi Peter, interesting the collpase quantum state, try to superimpose the deeper parameters that I explained you about this DM and DE and consider these 3 series of spheres and after consider the theory of informations , consider the volumes and densities for the informations and their motions oscillations and a correlated lifetime for them and after consider the non commutativity of Alain Connes in details mathematically speakig for all this , it can be relevant to reach unknowns , regards

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

Michael Wade wrote on Jul. 28, 2022 @ 11:54 GMT
history dissertation help

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.