Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

olivier denis: on 9/1/22 at 5:33am UTC, wrote ""your quantum gravitation is not renormalised simply"" The ultraviolet...

olivier denis: on 9/1/22 at 5:28am UTC, wrote ""The mass energy informations equivalence principle is a pure assumption...

Steve Dufourny: on 8/31/22 at 18:24pm UTC, wrote I can understand that you are fan of Dr Melvin Vobson and also Hawking,...

Steve Dufourny: on 8/31/22 at 18:19pm UTC, wrote not these maths in all cases, the good general maths yes but not your mix,...

olivier denis: on 8/31/22 at 18:07pm UTC, wrote ""we shall see in the future"" yet mathematics show the way ...

Steve Dufourny: on 8/31/22 at 17:32pm UTC, wrote we shall see in the future with resulsts of experiments, we need to know...

Steve Dufourny: on 8/31/22 at 17:26pm UTC, wrote The origin of mass from this higgs mechanism is not complete and the...

olivier denis: on 8/31/22 at 17:16pm UTC, wrote ""well, I have ideas for your model , that will permit to improve it "" ...

FQXi FORUM
December 1, 2022

ARTICLE: Reconstructing Physics [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Robert H McEachern wrote on Sep. 30, 2021 @ 19:22 GMT
"Rather than viewing information as an abstract, mathematical concept, constructor theory takes it to be fundamentally physical..."

As explained here and here, that is a fundamental mistake.

Rob McEachern

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:37 GMT
Reality is the set of all things that exist:

Every set is a subset of the universal set:

A ⊆ U.

Reality is the subset as well as the powerset of itself:

R ⊆ R(S).

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:53 GMT
The above is proof that reality is naturally simulating itself.

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:55 GMT
Information is more "physical" than physical.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 29, 2021 @ 13:26 GMT
about information,...

Landauer’s principle formulated in 1961 states that logical irreversibility implies physical irreversibility and demonstrated that information is physical.

The mass-energy-information equivalence principle featured

AIP Advances 9, 095206 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5123794

Melvin M. Vopsona)

Pls Take account of those formulae

-ln(W) = ( action)/h = tν = ( mtc²)/h = (k(b) T ln⁡(2)t)/h = (m l(P)²)/(h t(P)) = (m G)/(2πc³tP ) = (m G)/kc³ = m√(G/2πch)

""Mass, energy and movement of information are respectively dark matter, dark energy, and gravity.""

attachments: Nouveau_projet18.jpg

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 12:41 GMT
Hi Olivier,

Welcome on this wonderful platform. I like your ideas, I consider too the DE and DM in my model being essential , the main informations being in this space vacuum of the DE in series finite of spheres where the space disappears due to specific volumes implyimng a superfluidity for the 3 spacetimes .

At this moment we can just observe this GR. I have reached the quantum gravitation like this in considering the 3 systems merging under the codes and informations of this DE and so implying the baryonic ordinary matter and its fields and properties, the fact that the series finite of this DE encode the photons and the cold dark matter become interesting considering the motions, rotations oscillations of this serie if the number does not change and the volumes too don t change, that implies so that the densities and motions oscillations become relevant , and the deformations can be made with the symplectomorphisms preserving the volumes, it is the meaning of the tool that I have invencted the spherical topological geometrical algebras in fact.

The informations so become very important considering the 3 main systems merging more this baryonic matter like result.The evolution can be better understood considering still the DE and DM still disponible at this cosmological scale. Your equation intrigues me , I have this intuitive equation in my model considering the DM and DE encoded, E=m(c^2+Xl^2)+Y , regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 13:11 GMT
I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin of this universe. The actual researchs inside our theoretical community consider mainly the photons osciilating vibrating and this GR. They utilise the geometrical algebras like hopf, clifford or Lie and the strings or the geometrodynamics to explain the topologies, geometries and they create extradimensions like in the strings with 10D, 11D,26D .

But at my opinion and it is just my opinion I am not better than the others, they are in a philosophical prison considering only these photons and strings in 1D at this planck scale oscillating connected with a 1D cosmic field of this GR. There are deep philosophical problems and our deepest unknowns cannot be found even with partitions with the numbers, categories, padics, non commutativity...it is mainly because they consider the fields like origin and they correlate so the informations with this.

But if our actual informations are just human invenctions like for our conputing, so we turn in round in this philosophical prison. Now if the real primoridal informations are in this space vacuum and that we must converge with the others, our actual informations in our actual computing more the photons and the dark matter, so we must rank them and try to reach these main informations of the universe from this DE. It is complex, for me the real universal quantum computing is there and not with the annealings or just waves and fields and photons. But that must converge somewhere.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 14:31 GMT
about origin and information .....

The initial state is a kaotic state of informational equilibrium where the surplus of information at equilibrium is translated into order therefore energy, light and sound ....and Mass this occurs following The Meissner effect (or Meissner–Ochsenfeld effect)

with new original model of the fundamental physical vacuum non-removable background. This non-removable informational background present at all scales of which information mass, energy and motion, are respectively dark matter, dark energy and gravity.

(PDF) Entropic Information Theory. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356378350_Entropic_
Information_Theory [accessed Nov 30 2021].

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 29, 2021 @ 13:46 GMT
to be more accurate about the previous post and formulae,....

I=-ln(W)=( action)/h= tν =( mtc²)/h=(k(b) T ln⁡(2)t)/h=(m l(P)²)/(h t(P))=(m G)/(2πc³tP )=(m G)/kc³= m√(G/2πch)

Where:

I: information

W, Ω: number of ways the atoms or molecules of how a thermodynamic system can be arranged

the number of arrangements that are counted by Boltzmann entropy reflects the amount of Shannon information that would be needed to implement any particular arrangement of matter and energy

w, Ω number of complexions of the system or number of configurations

Action: E*t

t: time

ν: frequency

m: mass

c: Speed of light in vacuum 299792458 m⋅s−1 ((exact by definition)

h: Planck constant defined as 6.62607015×10−34 J⋅s exactly)

Kb: Boltzmann constant 1.38064 ×10-23 J/K

T: temperature at which the bit of information is stored

lp: Planck length 1.616255(18)×10−35 m

tp: Planck time 5.391247(60)×10−44 s

G: gravitational constant 6,674 30(15) × 10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

k: wavenumber as 2 π /λ

///

///

it s about Entropic Information Theory and quantum Gravity

information is the code and

""the code is what create the process but is itself too the process""

"BIT FROM BIT"

Bookmark and Share
olivier denis replied on Aug. 31, 2022 @ 15:53 GMT
""explain us how these informations take a mass""

The Meissner effect is one of the defining properties of superconductivity and its discovery established that the appearance of superconductivity is a phase transition.

Magnetic field lines are excluded from a superconductor when it is below its critical temperature.

This exclusion of the magnetic field is a manifestation of the superdiamagnetism that appeared during the phase transition from the conductor to the superconductor, for example by lowering the temperature below the critical temperature.

Meissner's superconductivity effect serves as an important paradigm for the mechanism for generating mass M

λ (M)= h/Mc

In fact, this analogy is an abelian example of the Higgs mechanism, which generates the electroweak masses W ± and Z to gauge particles in high energy physics.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 31, 2022 @ 15:59 GMT
this we know you repeat things known, you have not answered about the foundamental objects and how the informations appear philosophically, from what we exist, do you consider god or a mathe3matical accident and why and do you consider that before this hypothetical BB it was an infinite heat for example and why, and after if it is this, how the photons if you consider only this GT=R have been coded , I need concrete philosophical developments, not things repeted fronm wickipedia, think by yourself, tell us , be frank about the philosophy of origin, for the nhiggs we need to know more about these mechanisms , fruthermore the missing mass is not explained with the higgs alone, so I repeat what are this general philosophy, be frank, what creates these informations

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 31, 2022 @ 16:03 GMT
The Meissner is just about phases in magnetic fields at critical temperatures giving a supraconductivity, nothing os special , it is just an effect at precises temperature and precise fields , it is just a transition nof phases, nothing of odd

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 14:23 GMT
""I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin of this universe. The actual researchs inside our theoretical community consider mainly the photons osciilating vibrating and this GR. They utilise the geometrical algebras like hopf, clifford or Lie and the strings or the geometrodynamics to explain the topologies, geometries and they create extradimensions like in the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas hosein wrote on Jan. 19, 2022 @ 00:34 GMT
This bears some resemblance to my statement from 2014 on these forums, reality is time symmetric.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Aug. 30, 2022 @ 03:45 GMT
first of all, we must be agree on the definition of information used,.....

as information it is a quantum state change due to the modification of one degree of freedom of the considered quantum system...

For this quantic way to describe the information concept, we have gone further into the exploration of the notion of information viewed here as the fundamental building block of the universe, the entangled quantum information.

By introducing, the mass-energy-information equivalence principle already enonced by Melvin Vopson into some famous equations in physics such as the Hidden thermodynamic of Louis de Broglie formula, the classical entropy formulation, the Bekenstein-Hawking entropy formula, the bekenstein bound, or even certain works of Casini, the entropic Information theory shed light on new global perspectives.

www.entropicinformation.space.

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 30, 2022 @ 11:25 GMT
Hi Olivier, like you know I have read your works and I respect like I said your attempts. Philosophically we need indeed main primary informations and we must define them .We have invented the binary codes and the informations for the computing and with the boolean algebras and algorythms we evolve for this computing. If now we consider how the informations act to create this universe, it becomes...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 30, 2022 @ 11:50 GMT
this dynamical energetical fluid of this DE seems the key for the main informations.....and it is like a fifth force and probably permit the encoding of photons and the CDM for our standard model , it is like an energy of negative pressure permitting to balance the gravitational 2 other systems. It is not that the works of einstein about the GR is not correlct but not complete and that we must simply relativate our observations and foundamentals causing the ordinary matter. It is like I said that newton and einstein were right in their referentials but generally and universally we need to complete this gravitation with this negative pressure of this dynamical energetical antigravitational fluid.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis replied on Aug. 30, 2022 @ 12:45 GMT
""Hi Olivier, like you know I have read your works and I respect like I said your attempts. Philosophically we need indeed main primary informations and we must define them"

in the Superfluid vacuum theory (SVT), sometimes known as the BEC vacuum theory, is an approach in theoretical physics and quantum mechanics where the fundamental physical vacuum (non-removable background) is viewed as superfluid or as a Bose-Einstein condensate (BEC). a new model for the aether according to which it is a superfluid state of fermion and anti-fermion pairs, describable by a macroscopic wave function. With small fluctuations of superfluid background obey the Lorentz symmetry, even if the superfluid itself is non-relativistic.

The initial state is a kaotic state of informational equilibrium where the surplus of information at equilibrium is translated into order therefore energy, light and sound ....and Mass

this occurs following The Meissner effect (or Meissner–Ochsenfeld effect)

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.