Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Nicholas hosein: on 1/19/22 at 0:34am UTC, wrote This bears some resemblance to my statement from 2014 on these forums,...

olivier denis: on 11/30/21 at 14:31pm UTC, wrote about origin and information ..... The initial state is a kaotic state of...

olivier denis: on 11/30/21 at 14:23pm UTC, wrote ""I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin...

Steve Dufourny: on 11/30/21 at 13:11pm UTC, wrote I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin of...

Steve Dufourny: on 11/30/21 at 12:41pm UTC, wrote Hi Olivier, Welcome on this wonderful platform. I like your ideas, I...

olivier denis: on 11/29/21 at 13:46pm UTC, wrote to be more accurate about the previous post and formulae,.... ...

olivier denis: on 11/29/21 at 13:26pm UTC, wrote about information,... Landauer’s principle formulated in 1961 states...

Nicholas I Hosein: on 11/3/21 at 18:55pm UTC, wrote Information is more "physical" than physical.

FQXi FORUM
January 26, 2022

ARTICLE: Reconstructing Physics [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Robert H McEachern wrote on Sep. 30, 2021 @ 19:22 GMT
"Rather than viewing information as an abstract, mathematical concept, constructor theory takes it to be fundamentally physical..."

As explained here and here, that is a fundamental mistake.

Rob McEachern

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:37 GMT
Reality is the set of all things that exist:

Every set is a subset of the universal set:

A ⊆ U.

Reality is the subset as well as the powerset of itself:

R ⊆ R(S).

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:53 GMT
The above is proof that reality is naturally simulating itself.

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas I Hosein wrote on Nov. 3, 2021 @ 18:55 GMT
Information is more "physical" than physical.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 29, 2021 @ 13:26 GMT
about information,...

Landauer’s principle formulated in 1961 states that logical irreversibility implies physical irreversibility and demonstrated that information is physical.

The mass-energy-information equivalence principle featured

AIP Advances 9, 095206 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5123794

Melvin M. Vopsona)

Pls Take account of those formulae

-ln(W) = ( action)/h = tν = ( mtc²)/h = (k(b) T ln⁡(2)t)/h = (m l(P)²)/(h t(P)) = (m G)/(2πc³tP ) = (m G)/kc³ = m√(G/2πch)

""Mass, energy and movement of information are respectively dark matter, dark energy, and gravity.""

attachments: Nouveau_projet18.jpg

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 12:41 GMT
Hi Olivier,

Welcome on this wonderful platform. I like your ideas, I consider too the DE and DM in my model being essential , the main informations being in this space vacuum of the DE in series finite of spheres where the space disappears due to specific volumes implyimng a superfluidity for the 3 spacetimes .

At this moment we can just observe this GR. I have reached the quantum gravitation like this in considering the 3 systems merging under the codes and informations of this DE and so implying the baryonic ordinary matter and its fields and properties, the fact that the series finite of this DE encode the photons and the cold dark matter become interesting considering the motions, rotations oscillations of this serie if the number does not change and the volumes too don t change, that implies so that the densities and motions oscillations become relevant , and the deformations can be made with the symplectomorphisms preserving the volumes, it is the meaning of the tool that I have invencted the spherical topological geometrical algebras in fact.

The informations so become very important considering the 3 main systems merging more this baryonic matter like result.The evolution can be better understood considering still the DE and DM still disponible at this cosmological scale. Your equation intrigues me , I have this intuitive equation in my model considering the DM and DE encoded, E=m(c^2+Xl^2)+Y , regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 13:11 GMT
I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin of this universe. The actual researchs inside our theoretical community consider mainly the photons osciilating vibrating and this GR. They utilise the geometrical algebras like hopf, clifford or Lie and the strings or the geometrodynamics to explain the topologies, geometries and they create extradimensions like in the strings with 10D, 11D,26D .

But at my opinion and it is just my opinion I am not better than the others, they are in a philosophical prison considering only these photons and strings in 1D at this planck scale oscillating connected with a 1D cosmic field of this GR. There are deep philosophical problems and our deepest unknowns cannot be found even with partitions with the numbers, categories, padics, non commutativity...it is mainly because they consider the fields like origin and they correlate so the informations with this.

But if our actual informations are just human invenctions like for our conputing, so we turn in round in this philosophical prison. Now if the real primoridal informations are in this space vacuum and that we must converge with the others, our actual informations in our actual computing more the photons and the dark matter, so we must rank them and try to reach these main informations of the universe from this DE. It is complex, for me the real universal quantum computing is there and not with the annealings or just waves and fields and photons. But that must converge somewhere.

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis replied on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 14:31 GMT
about origin and information .....

The initial state is a kaotic state of informational equilibrium where the surplus of information at equilibrium is translated into order therefore energy, light and sound ....and Mass this occurs following The Meissner effect (or Meissner–Ochsenfeld effect)

with new original model of the fundamental physical vacuum non-removable background. This non-removable informational background present at all scales of which information mass, energy and motion, are respectively dark matter, dark energy and gravity.

(PDF) Entropic Information Theory. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356378350_Entropic_
Information_Theory [accessed Nov 30 2021].

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 29, 2021 @ 13:46 GMT
to be more accurate about the previous post and formulae,....

I=-ln(W)=( action)/h= tν =( mtc²)/h=(k(b) T ln⁡(2)t)/h=(m l(P)²)/(h t(P))=(m G)/(2πc³tP )=(m G)/kc³= m√(G/2πch)

Where:

I: information

W, Ω: number of ways the atoms or molecules of how a thermodynamic system can be arranged

the number of arrangements that are counted by Boltzmann entropy reflects the amount of Shannon information that would be needed to implement any particular arrangement of matter and energy

w, Ω number of complexions of the system or number of configurations

Action: E*t

t: time

ν: frequency

m: mass

c: Speed of light in vacuum 299792458 m⋅s−1 ((exact by definition)

h: Planck constant defined as 6.62607015×10−34 J⋅s exactly)

Kb: Boltzmann constant 1.38064 ×10-23 J/K

T: temperature at which the bit of information is stored

lp: Planck length 1.616255(18)×10−35 m

tp: Planck time 5.391247(60)×10−44 s

G: gravitational constant 6,674 30(15) × 10−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

k: wavenumber as 2 π /λ

///

///

it s about Entropic Information Theory and quantum Gravity

information is the code and

""the code is what create the process but is itself too the process""

"BIT FROM BIT"

Bookmark and Share

olivier denis wrote on Nov. 30, 2021 @ 14:23 GMT
""I believe Olivier that all is a question of philosophy about the origin of this universe. The actual researchs inside our theoretical community consider mainly the photons osciilating vibrating and this GR. They utilise the geometrical algebras like hopf, clifford or Lie and the strings or the geometrodynamics to explain the topologies, geometries and they create extradimensions like in the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Nicholas hosein wrote on Jan. 19, 2022 @ 00:34 GMT
This bears some resemblance to my statement from 2014 on these forums, reality is time symmetric.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.