Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Sue Lingo: on 3/17/22 at 6:29am UTC, wrote Hi Steve... I don't have the linguistic skills to assure you that I...

Steve Dufourny: on 3/12/22 at 19:37pm UTC, wrote Hello Sue Lingo, I have worked hard in ranking a little bit of all to find...

Sue Lingo: on 3/10/22 at 8:23am UTC, wrote Hi Steve... Apparently the concept of the universe evolving "out of pure...

Sue Lingo: on 3/7/22 at 6:46am UTC, wrote Hello Daniele... I am delighted to encounter a mathematician wading inward...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/23/21 at 15:05pm UTC, wrote Hello Daniele Oriti, I liked your approach for this quantum gravitation....

Daniele Oriti: on 9/21/21 at 21:35pm UTC, wrote The universe as a quantum many-body system Speaker: Daniele Oriti | LMU...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "There are different aspects to perception. There is vision without..." in Seeing is Believing

Nicholas I. Hosein: "Having a dual intelligence. One moderately gifted, the other unprecedented..." in Schrödinger’s A.I....

Steve Dufourny: "In Orch OR, quantum superpositions are ‘orchestrated’ by microtubules..." in Schrödinger’s A.I....

John Cox: "A proposal for dealing with errors in quantum computers by harnessing a..." in Quantum information...

Georgina Woodward: "'verisimilitude' is a nice word." in Can We Feel What It’s...

R.H. Joseph: ""[H]ow consciousness plays with quantum mechanics, our theory of the very..." in Can We Feel What It’s...

Jim Snowdon: "If Earth rotated once a year, rather than once every 24 hours, every..." in The Nature of Time

Jim Snowdon: "The constant rotational speed of San Diego is 1,408 kilometers per hour. ..." in The Nature of Time

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Schrödinger’s A.I. Could Test the Foundations of Reality
Physicists lay out blueprints for running a 'Wigner's Friend' experiment using an artificial intelligence, built on a quantum computer, as an 'observer.'

Expanding the Mind (Literally): Q&A with Karim Jerbi and Jordan O'Byrne
Using a brain-computer interface to create a consciousness 'add-on' to help test Integrated Information Theory.

Quanthoven's Fifth
A quantum computer composes chart-topping music, programmed by physicists striving to understand consciousness.

The Math of Consciousness: Q&A with Kobi Kremnitzer
A meditating mathematician is developing a theory of conscious experience to help understand the boundary between the quantum and classical world.

Can We Feel What It’s Like to Be Quantum?
Underground experiments in the heart of the Italian mountains are testing the links between consciousness and collapse theories of quantum physics.

FQXi BLOGS
October 7, 2022

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: The universe as a quantum many-body system by Daniele Oriti [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger Daniele Oriti wrote on Sep. 21, 2021 @ 21:35 GMT
The universe as a quantum many-body system

Speaker: Daniele Oriti | LMU München & MCQST

Abstract

Several approaches to quantum gravity suggest that spacetime and geometry are emergent from non-spatiotemporal quantum structures. In some of them, the fundamental quantum entities admit (in some approximation) a simplicial geometric description and can be mapped to generalized tensor networks. This allows also for a primitive entanglement/geometry correspondence. I summarize this formulation of the universe as a quantum many-body system, these immediate consequences as well as more recent results about holographic behavior. Then, I suggest possible lines of further developments from this perspective. Finally, I discuss how the hydrodynamic description of the same system, treated as a quantum fluid, can be given a cosmological interpretation and present a number of recent results about the resulting effective cosmological dynamics, including the replacement of the big bang singularity with a quantum bounce and a late-time accelerated behavior reproducing a phantom-like dark energy from pure quantum gravity origin.

Keywords: #quantum #gravity

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

This forum thread is open to the public.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 23, 2021 @ 15:05 GMT
Hello Daniele Oriti,

I liked your approach for this quantum gravitation. I work myself about the publications , I have quantified it I must say in my theory of spherisation and the quantum and cosmological 3D spheres with the spherical topological geometrical algebras, a tool that I have invented and 3 spacetimes.. The problem is that the majority considers this spacetime of the general...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Sue Lingo replied on Mar. 10, 2022 @ 08:23 GMT
Hi Steve...

Apparently the concept of the universe evolving "out of pure geometry"

REF: https://www.quantamagazine.org/physicists-discover-geometry-
underlying-particle-physics-20130917

is now being giving creditability, and I am glad to see you are still tenaciously promoting "Sphererazation".

I am still adamant that the field be quantized... i e. spheres be faceted by a minimum/indivisible spatial unit (QI)... to faciltate distribution of a single sourced pulsed emission of minimum units of Energy (QE), as required to achieve a "nonperturbative" quantum field theory .

REF: https://www.york.ac.uk/maths/staff/kasia-rejzner/

My comment to D. Oriti's "Quantum Many Body System", is an evaluation of the Tetrahedron as a minimum/indivisible spatial unit of quantization (QI), and I illustrate its inability to resolve distribution of a single sourced pulsed emission of minimum/indivisible units of Energy (QE).

REF: Sue Lingo wrote on Mar . 7, 2022 @ 06:46GMT

In that the Tetrahedron can not quantize a "nonperturbative" quantum field, "Spherization" is not supported.

The UQS Quadhedron, as the minimum/indivisible spatial unit (QI) does facilitate "nonperturbative" analysis of Quantum Mechanix, and also supports "Sphereization"

Thanks Steve, for your participation in this discussion.

S. Lingo

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Mar. 12, 2022 @ 19:37 GMT
Hello Sue Lingo,

I have worked hard in ranking a little bit of all to find this theory of spherisation, an optimisation evolution of the universal sphere with quantum and cosmological 3D spheres.

It is a different general philosophy that the strings and this GR and photons in fact like primary essence.I have remarked in all humility that these spheres had big probabilities to be the foundamental objects and that the fields were emergent form the oscillations motions rotations of these particles in a superfluidity when we apply specific series and volumes for the 3 spacetimes, not only the GR and photons but the DE and DM too, in fact I believe strongly that the space vacuum of this DE , series of Sppheres possess the main codes and when this DE merge with the photons and cold darm matter that creates the ordinary baryonic matter.

The GR is of course important for observations and the hilbert actions or eoinstein fields equations but I believe that this GR cannot solve our deepest unknowns and is even a prison for the hinkers. The spheres can be deformed also , no need of ricci flows of others of this GR to explain the geonetries, topolgies with the fields and the geometrical algebras, I believe that the spheres and the synplectomorphims preserving the volumes are sufficient with the main codes and informations in this space vacuum of the DE, so the cold DM and the photons are just fuelds permitting the properties of our standard model, that is why I believe that the spheres and particles in this superfluidity are the primary essence instead of fields and this GR simply.

I have invented so the spherical topological geometrical algebras for this and I have a model renormalising the quantum gravitation and that respects the newtonian mechanics.

For the spherisation, it is this evolution the main point and that can too correlated with the informations and this consciousness evolving .

Best Regards

Bookmark and Share

Sue Lingo replied on Mar. 17, 2022 @ 06:29 GMT
Hi Steve...

I don't have the linguistic skills to assure you that I understand the details of your beliefs, but I can conceptualize that the "matter" transformation mechanisms you are investigating utilizing Spherisation, have potential application as one moves further out from the single point source pulsed QE emission, which I am investigating with UQS... i.e. successful propagation of a UQS QE emission has been verified out to 75 Q-Ticks, and on Pulse-8-Close all subsequent, inertially manifest forms, inherit mechanisms of consciousness that are facilitated by a Universal Networked Intelligence.

REF: UQS RE: D. ORITI TETRAHEDRON "QUANTUM MANY BODY SYSTEM"/ADDENDUM... http://www.uqsmatrixmechanix.com/UQSDOriti.php

Thanks again Steve, for sharing your thoughts on the geometry configurations and energy mechanisms to facilitate an emerging Cosmic Intelligence.

sl

Bookmark and Share

Sue Lingo wrote on Mar. 7, 2022 @ 06:46 GMT
Hello Daniele...

I am delighted to encounter a mathematician wading inward from Planck's reef, and in that Einstein endorsed Ernst Mach's (1838-1916) notion of "gravity" as the collective dynamics of spatially defined entities, allocation of human resources to investigate the geometry of a minimum/indivisible Unit/Quantum of Space (QI), as spatial containment for a minimum/indivisible...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.