Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

mark mason: on 11/13/20 at 9:52am UTC, wrote Great thoughts, check out my work on my Website

Yakov Kremnitzer: on 7/3/20 at 10:30am UTC, wrote Abstract: In this talk I will explore how quantum collapse models ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Lorraine Ford: "Unchallenged, physics/ mathematics/ philosophy (significantly, it’s..." in How does the brain...

Christoph Schiller: "There is a way to summarize the paper below in a single statement: The..." in Testing a conjecture on...

Steve Dufourny: "For your information, the physics is the main chief orchestra of the..." in How does the brain...

John Cox: "oops... 8.3 seconds, what was I thinking" in On a contextual model...

John Cox: "Georgi, this is new on my browser, and much different from what I've..." in On a contextual model...

Steve Dufourny: "we see quickly that we have an enormous problem in trying to unify the..." in Alternative Models of...

Paul Hayes: ""According to quantum physics, a system can be in a ’superposition,’..." in The Quantum Engine That...

Alan Lowey: "Brian What % chance would you give of Einstein's gravity theory being..." in Alternative Models of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

Time to Think
Philosopher Jenann Ismael invokes the thermodynamic arrow of time to explain how human intelligence emerged through culture.

Lockdown Lab Life
Grounded physicists are exploring the use of online and virtual-reality conferencing, and AI-controlled experiments, to maintain social distancing. Post-pandemic, these positive innovations could make science more accessible and environmentally-friendly.

FQXi BLOGS
June 20, 2021

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Quantum collapse models and awareness by Kobi Kremnitzer [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger Yakov Kremnitzer wrote on Jul. 3, 2020 @ 10:30 GMT
Abstract: In this talk I will explore how quantum collapse models can be a key to understanding awareness. I will explain the mathematical structure of quantum collapse models and give an example where collapse is caused by a quantum version of integrated information (this is joint work with Andre Ranchin). I will then look at the possibility of understanding awareness from collapse models and how this could be used to model consciousness as an emergent phenomenon (joint work in progress with Johannes Kleiner).

Keywords: #Models of consciousness #quantum collapse models #integrated information #consciousness emergents #Proto-awareness

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

This forum thread is open to the public.

mark mason mason wrote on Nov. 13, 2020 @ 09:52 GMT
Great thoughts, check out my work on my Website

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.