Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Display:
 all posts
 member posts highlighted
 member posts only

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Steve Dufourny: on 10/20/20 at 11:59am UTC, wrote all seems a question of consciousness , responsabilities, altruism and...

Steve Dufourny: on 10/17/20 at 12:55pm UTC, wrote I know that all we have a life and are occupied, and it is not easy to...

Steve Dufourny: on 10/17/20 at 9:08am UTC, wrote Hi all, this global system on earth is what it is but we can change for the...

Steve Dufourny: on 10/2/20 at 13:34pm UTC, wrote I have contacted several systems by mails to make sysnergies and the Kofi...

Steve Dufourny: on 10/1/20 at 17:44pm UTC, wrote Hello all, FQXi,dear members, The most difficult is to unite and create a...

David Sloan: on 9/20/20 at 13:24pm UTC, wrote I am temporarily disabling posts here whislt I deal with a backlog of...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/20/20 at 13:23pm UTC, wrote you continue Jason, so I delete your non sense , you cannot be more...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/20/20 at 13:17pm UTC, wrote you are irronical, a tyran now, maybe it is you the tyran wanting to impose...

FQXi FORUM
October 29, 2020

CATEGORY: Ultimate Reality [back]
TOPIC: Global Collaboration [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 14, 2020 @ 11:44 GMT
Dear FQXi , I love your platform like you know it, I work my theory and have improved a lot here and on arxiv and in the books, it is important for me but not like the Project, international, universal that I work about.

I create a group of thinkers, philodoctorates, universalists fully altruists, I make this on face book and the thinkers are relevant.

The aim is to create a books of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

this post was moved here from a different topic

report post as inappropriate
Steve Dufourny replied on Apr. 19, 2020 @ 19:38 GMT
Hi all, FQXi, what are we if we don t take our responsabilities, the jobs, this actual global society , this and that are what they are , but I beleive strongly that a real universal generalist , altruist and understanding the truths of this universe must be aware that we must act, what are we if we don t act ? and I repeat but please sort the vanitious lacking of generality, they are maybe good in details and intelligent but they are not conscious, FQXi merits more than these sad paramters. I understand that there are lobbies and synergies between systems and universities, but don t listen the fake universalists. It is important, we are arrived at a time where we are obliged to change our global system for the well of all. They exist these solutions where all wins, it is an obliged step of evolution, the competition is sometimes well but a time for all after all, what are we if we don t act and try to change this planet. It exists persons who find problems for the most simple solutions, they are not relevant and they can be a problem for this kind of Project. It is sad indeed to ttell this but it is a reality and so true, this Vanity eats this planet more other parameters and it is not acceptable in fact. So please help me to success to unite, unify the real universalists and relevant altruists haviong a general knowledges in sciences, we can save this planet and the future generation, it is not an utopy I repeat but a logic step of evolution. We must act and more we shall be , more we shall be credible and the most quick we shall convice this UN. Friendly

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward replied on Apr. 20, 2020 @ 00:56 GMT
Hi Steve, towards the end of my essay I mention Pleistocene Park, a project in Siberia to try and prevent catastrophic methane release from permafrost melting. It involves removing , rather than planting trees, for a number of reasons. I think you may find the linked site interesting.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Apr. 20, 2020 @ 08:06 GMT
Hi Georgina,

Thanks for sharing, it is indeed an important problem to take into account also, we must prevent and act. I don t really understand this UN, are they skilling to govern this planet ? I tell me that no in fact, they don t find the global solutions , if they didn t exist I could understand, but they exist and all wins, them also they win. Maybe the main problem is their lack of knowledges in sciences and global consciousness, we make really the same errors than the egyptians and romans, it is totally odd, a system continues and we are governed by business men and persons lacking of knowledges in sciences, I am suprised and dispapointed I must say. We have an incredible potential to solve and balance all this, and I repeat but all wins with these solutions that I have cited , so why it is not made ? Are they stupid or what ? and the others who are vanitious pfff frankly Georgina, I don t understand , it is totally odd , sad and stupid all this global reality. I will continue to try to unite and repeat, we must convice this UN , what a world Georgina , take care, friendly

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

FQXi Administrator David Sloan wrote on May. 4, 2020 @ 16:47 GMT
At request, I'm opening topic for the discussion of large scale collaboration between interested parties.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on May. 4, 2020 @ 17:42 GMT
Hello professor Sloan,

I don t know how to thank you and FQXi, if you knew how I am happy for this blog made. I beleive strongly that we can make incredible things in complemetarity and collaboration when this universal altruism is the motor of Projects. I am honored and happy for this blog, forum, tell hello to all on FQXi ,

Regards and friendly

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on May. 5, 2020 @ 07:56 GMT
We shall make the things correctly , I have United many relevant persons on Facebook and they are going to come on this forum to discuss and put their ideas, they are skilling, there is a Little bit of all, real universal altruists skillings, Philodoctorates, genius, aspergers,doctors,...and we shall create a intrinsic rule for the team , and a program. We shall not discuss about things wich can imply problems, like for example the names of societies or Enterprises creating global problems or other, no we shall just create solutions global where all wins, it is important at mu humble opinion. We shall utilise all the good Tools possible to reach the aim, like the medias and synergies also. The aim is reall to create global solutions, Concrete where I repeat all wins without exception.

Regards and thanks still for this forum created

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on May. 5, 2020 @ 16:53 GMT
Sorry FQXi also to have insisted so much and in Always speaking about this Vanity and lack of consciousness, I am not better than the others, I just know that it is not easy to convice the people, so that is why I insisted a lot . I am not perfect or better than the others but this Project is so important for me and I know that alone I cannot success. I repeat but thanks for this forum , FQXi makes a wonderful job,

Friendly

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on May. 8, 2020 @ 12:56 GMT
I am not skilling in all, I have some ideas just general about the economy and the ecology. Others more skilling than me shall explain their ideas in other centers of interest.

My ideas are simple to convice this UN , I beleive strongly that we must adapt our economical system and we must make with our actual parameters. The money is not the best invention of humans and the borders too but...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Lachlan Cresswell replied on May. 20, 2020 @ 07:07 GMT
Hi Steve,

While I would like to see a 'StarTrek' world without money, we need democratic money, out of the hands of governments and banks. Blockchain is energy expensive, and consensus altenatives like Hashgraph haven't much of a footprint yet. Where do you think this is headed?

And what about Hashgraph physics? That would be horrible would it not?

Regards

Lockie Cresswell

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Jul. 25, 2020 @ 10:44 GMT
Hello Mr Cresswell, sorry for my late answer, I was not on FQXI creating a project here in Finland with Ulla Matfolk. This money is not of course a good universal invention , that said we live in this economical system and we are obliged to make with it, probably that this tool must be utilised with a biggest global consciousness by the people and leaders also, there is too much greed, individualism, unconsciousness, vanity, materialism, power and that implies our global major problems. I see that the blockchain indeed is on the road and that can maybe help to see better , it lacks funds and if we want to industrialise this solar system correctly and catalyse these 197 governements we must give more money to reach the points of equilibrium, we must give water, food, energy, hope, jobs to majority and our actual global economical system cannot do it. It is the reason why I want to convice this UN in creating concrete deterministic solutions where all wins, the richest like the poorest, we know that we cannot change the human psychology like this in a short period, that needs time to have a better global consciousness , but we can improve the quality of lifes and reach the win win. I don t know well this Heshgraph physics, but we must be prudent with the tools that we utilise at my humble opinion, we return about this consciousness still and always like a foundamental, with the iron we can create tools for gardening or arms , it is the same with the money and other inventions after all, all seems a question of consciousness. A sure thing, we can save this planet and make an incredible revolution with this opening to our universe, the solar system first, we can do it and this UN must understand that it is an obliged step of evolution for the well of all lifes on earth. Best Regards

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde wrote on May. 9, 2020 @ 10:42 GMT
Scientific GOD Journal | October 2011 | Vol. 2 | Issue 7 | pp. 671-677

Wilde, W. D. Occupy the Imaginary World of Economy

ISSN: 2153-831X Scientific GOD Journal

Published by Scientific GOD, Inc.

www.SciGOD.com

Essay

Occupy the Imaginary World of Economy

Wilhelmus de Wilde*

ABSTRACT

Revaluation of the human being is one of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on May. 9, 2020 @ 10:58 GMT
Hi Wilhelmus , I am thanking you a lot to put these ideas, more we are , more we have chance to success , I have also created a goup on Facebook, I will send you soon an invitation, we are goiung to create a rule and a program ,

Friendly

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on May. 9, 2020 @ 17:47 GMT
You know Wilhelmus , I am happy to know persons like you and the others on Facebook in this team created for Global collaboration. I beleive strongly that the indiferrence for our global problems and the acceptation of this global system like the fact to close the Eyes in front of sufferings of Lifes on this Earth are the most important parameters implying a non possibility to solve these global major problems....

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jul. 28, 2020 @ 09:40 GMT
Hi all, FQXi ,

I continue insisting to increase the number of people in this project, let s forget our vanity and let s try to make the biggest revolution of all times, FQXi can do it because it is New York and the MIT , the best university and that there are celebrities, if we utilise all the tools of communication correctly like the televisions also, we can do it in convicing this UN,...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Jul. 28, 2020 @ 09:47 GMT
We need the support of celebrities, Oprah Winfrey, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Frank Wilczek, Max Tegmark, Susskind, and others, we must utilise this potential to convice and create this revolution on earth where all wins I repeat. we need interactions and synergies and supports ,

Neil De Grasse Tyson know my works and he had endorsed me on linkedin, we need them and their skillings and notoriety , alone we are nothing

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 5, 2020 @ 08:11 GMT
Dear Fqxi, dear all, I need your help to all, alone we are nothing, I know that all is obliged to live on this planet and that you have all responsabilities, I know this global system and the fact that we are humans with our psychology also, I know that it is not easy to follow a person , but I cannot do it alone , I just want that the thinkers general and universal explain their global solutions...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 11:42 GMT
Hi FQXi, all,

Many thinkers and humans have the ideas to solve , many have this potential on this earth but have not the sponsors or helps of main global systems, the majority prefers to make business unfortunally. To follow a system, the people needs concrete things , they dont follow like this, and the vanity also must be taken into account unfortunally, but the humility and the fact that we are all linked and equals is the most important also and it is a kind of real universal wisdom.

This reality is a truth unfortunally , the most sad is that the real universalists revolutionary and wise having solutions exist everywhere on this earth in all countries, my aim is to unite these persons but it is a very difficult ptoject knowing that all we are obliged to follow a system implying obligations-

and furthermore many follow a system when this system is credible in potential, in medias, and in fiinancial potential unfortunally, they are not ready to just follow systems like this, they need concrete things , it is sad because that proves that the notoriety, the marketing, the monney are the main fuels of people

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 11:47 GMT
Einstein said :" the world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Bookmark and Share

Gerhard Ris wrote on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 13:30 GMT
Requesting valid falsification of block model as a proven panacea; Think of it: Correct group think.

L.S.

Emeritus professor Richard Gill told me to put my concept infographic book online and to bring it under your attention as well.

There is a 3 page English Intro under the summary button and a long English summary to grasp some of the Dutch infographics world wide web....

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 14:37 GMT
Hello Mr Ris,

Thanks for sharing this Block Model, I have created this group of global collaboration to share all the ideas possible to convice this UN and all are welcome to give their models and ideas. The most important for me is thjat we must adapt us to this global actual system economical even if I beleive that the money is a stupid invention, we are obliged to make with this actually. Its utilisation can be rational if the consciousness is correlated. We evolve and we can solve these global problems. In this group where the aim is to create a manifest of solutions adapted to convice this UN is to be rational and wise , we shall not taken into account the religious thoughts and the utopist solutions. I am interested to know more about your block model and how we can be deterministic with its concrete solutions, I repeat but we must adapt us to the global actaiul system and the fact that all wins also is essential, could you resume please these solutions in ecolgy for example, economy, technology, sociology, researchs, sciences, education, we need to be concrete and deterministic, thanks still for sharing, regards it seems interesting that you tell also that all wins, the banks like the richest, we are obliged indeed to change and evolve converging with our universal laws.

Bookmark and Share

Gerhard Ris replied on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 17:05 GMT
Dear Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. To be more legally precise for a UN the block model is in the basis just one A4 and it deterministically proves the five algorithms at play in the mammal brain being humans mammals. It shows that money isn’t part of our DNA, yet it is of course important as a logical derivative that is used. For a Christian I’d say indeed do not worship Mammon,...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Gerhard Ris replied on Aug. 14, 2020 @ 18:13 GMT
Dear Steve,

An after diner ad on, the more fundamental change to the entire system then would be that the wise judge doesn’t have loopholes in the law on important issues. This can only be done when the legal system is organized correctly. It will also work with a jury system. Just get the jury chosen via the block model as well. And the choice for trial by judge or jury should not be...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 22, 2020 @ 18:41 GMT
the solutions exist , it is sure and certain , it is not an utopy, this UN must be responsible and listen the scientists deterministic and universal having global solutions where all wins, I know that all we are obliged to follow this system non really balanced, and that the majority have many occupations implying that they are not interested or that they have not a lot of time to follow this kind...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 23, 2020 @ 11:59 GMT
of course, these wheels in space are a complex engineering project and for this we need funds and a decision of the UN , the NASA has well worked with their space station but they need funds to go farer , the space station is not sufficient, these wheels can be a reality if we take our global responsabilities, the best engineers can focus on this, it is really a necessary step of evolution for...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Gerhard Ris replied on Aug. 24, 2020 @ 08:28 GMT
Dear Steve,

Indeed as you say it is possible to fundamentally change things for the better.

Indeed, no one can do this alone. It needs a mass movement, that requires a team to get that started.

Yet, every individual should also take mental care of him or herself whilst attempting such a venture. It is akin fighting a safe just war against poverty, due to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Aug. 24, 2020 @ 08:45 GMT
We're learning quite a bit from the Democrats. If you take away people's jobs, they riot and tear up your city. If you give people jobs and keep them employed, they don't have time to protests. If you defund the police, crime and murder rates go up. If you train police that they are the blue line that separates their country from anarchy, they will be more patient. If you teach citizens to treat the police with respect, there will be less need for arrests.

Democrats will not agree with me, but the truth is: only Democrat cities are burning and are overrun with anarchists and crime.

Bookmark and Share

Gerhard Ris replied on Aug. 24, 2020 @ 08:54 GMT
Dear Jason Mark,

Could it be that both Democrats and Republicans are fundamentally wrong?

Having people having multiple jobs just being able to get by is slavery and invariably will lead to conflicts in the long run. It simply can't work that 1% gets most of the wealth. It will always fail. A mathematical human psychics affair.

On the other hand Keynes will lead to government spending spiraling out of control. That won't work either.

Regards Gerhard

Bookmark and Share

FQXi Administrator David Sloan wrote on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 18:26 GMT
Dear all,

This thread has veered heavily off-topic, and included apparent implications of proposed genocide. As such I am issuing a single warning: Interact with one another without resorting to insult, insinuation of repressive manipulation or bullying. The alternative is that I will directly enforce the terms and conditions of use of the FQXi forums.

I do not have the time nor the patience to police this kind of debate, nor will I adjudicate any squabbles here. I reiterate that this is the only warning you will get.

Direct replies to this post will be deleted. Interact with respect or not at all.

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the forum administrator

Jason Mark Wolfe wrote on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 18:41 GMT
Seems like my statement has disappeared twice now. Which part of what I said was unpopular? Was it,

A) people should have rights and freedoms, or

B) people can pursue prosperity through Capitalism? Or was it,

C) Both.

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 18:47 GMT
We must respect the rules and what tell us Mr Sloan, we have exagerated between us Jason, I wish you all the best, even if we disagree I like you really, friendly

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 19:00 GMT
Hi Steve,

My position hasn't changed. I still hold those two basic principles of respecting freedom, rights, and also allowing people the freedom to pursue wealth through Capitalism.

Any drama that may have occurred is merely an indication that my position is firm.

:)

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 19:05 GMT
:) I accept your choice and I am tolerant, I prefer that we discuss about global solutions and not about politics and religions , so could you tell me if you have interesting solutions to improve this planet , all can be analysed, the economy, the ecology, the technology, the system of education, .... the most important is the general system and specially new and innovative ideas, regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 18:44 GMT
Mr Sloan, you are right, all is deleted, this forum is not for this kind of discussion, regards, thanks also for this professionalism , friendly

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Marianne Mattfolk wrote on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 21:52 GMT
17 Goals to Transform Our World

The Sustainable Development Goals are a call for action by all countries – poor, rich and middle-income – to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. They recognize that ending poverty must go hand-in-hand with strategies that build economic growth and address a range of social needs including education, health, social protection, and job opportunities, while tackling climate change and environmental protection.

Can these different areas be discussed?

attachments: Screenshot_2020-08-26_The_Sustainable_Development_Goals_Our_Framework_for_COVID-19_Recovery.png

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 25, 2020 @ 21:55 GMT
Thanks Ulla it is very relevant these 17 goals of program of the UN , the sustainability is so important.

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 05:45 GMT
Hi Ulla,

I'm stuck on the first one "no poverty". I mean, what if someone doesn't want to work? Are you going to just give that money, food and a place to live? Who is going to pay for it?

Bookmark and Share

Gerhard Ris replied on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 07:43 GMT
No Jason, in my no poverty model you do not have an unconditional right to a base income. Although the base income is used as a benchmark as a mathematical function of half the GNP of a country / or say a US state. You find the base income via a formula taking that 100% of the population play along.

If you chose to be poor you are not poor, or maybe mentally ill. Those are exceptions, so...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 09:55 GMT
I repect the rules of FQXi and the group, we must stay on topics, no religions, no politics, no personal attacks, we can critic but rationally and respectfully,

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 10:38 GMT
GLOBAL ECOLOGY: I beleive that it is a very important point for this earth and the points of equilibrium. We cannot live without these ecosystems and this sciences can be harmonised with consciousness.

These ecosystems have the potential to be utilised correctly, we can respect its foundamentals and improve and increase their interactions. The UN can understand with logic that it is an...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 10:49 GMT
I'm still waiting for the ocean level to rise hundreds of feet with the melting of the polar caps caused by excess CO2. Sorry to say this, but I think it's all fear mongering and political espionage. According to maps, the north pole melts every 500 years or so.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 10:51 GMT
it is an other problem the climate and and others, there it is the adaptation and concrete calculations of adaptation the most important, the governments must prevent

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 26, 2020 @ 10:53 GMT
we are numerous now on earth and some places are more difficult than others , all is a question of good governances it seems to me for these adaptations and preventions if problems arrive, regards

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Aug. 28, 2020 @ 18:54 GMT
I offer for your consideration...

In order to weather the current and coming storms; we must move from gut reactions to heart reflections and from feeding the energy of fear to sharing the energy of love. This is not easy in the modern age. But it is what's required to evolve from an adolescent to an adult mentality.

I have recently published a collection of Octonion Poetry that offers a roadmap for how to move the mood of humanity from one of competition toward global cooperation and collaboration to solve the world's problems. That document is attached in preprint form for this discussion.

Best,

Jonathan

attachments: UnityOnenessNumbers-OctonionPoetry.pdf

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 29, 2020 @ 08:23 GMT
Hi Jonathan, thanks for sharing your beautiful paper about these octonions, I like these lie algebras also, I consider them in my model, I just consider finite series of 3D spheres instead of strings or points but that can converge because they oscillate also these 3D spheres, the hopf fibrations on surfaces can be relevant, mainly in my theory to rank the quasi particles, thanks still, take care, friendly

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Sep. 1, 2020 @ 20:48 GMT
I humbly submit...

We need to follow a game plan such as this paper suggests, because it is the same blueprint nature uses to foster natural evolution and the survival of species.

Best,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 31, 2020 @ 10:47 GMT
WATER : we know all that the water is a foundamental and that without water , we cannot live, it is even the core of our social and economical interactions. All governments and this UN must respect with the biggest wisdom this foundamental. We can also take into account two points important at my humble opinion, the fact that we increase in number and this climate change. The balances are...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 31, 2020 @ 12:22 GMT
WATER : we know all that the water is a foundamental and that without water , we cannot live, it is even the core of our social and economical interactions. All governments and this UN must respect with the biggest wisdom this foundamental. We can also take into account two points important at my humble opinion, the fact that we increase in number and this climate change. The balances are...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Sep. 1, 2020 @ 20:45 GMT
Ah yes!

Thank you water brother Steve. Water unites us all. It is so much more valuable than Oil, but we have not been so respectful of this our most necessary resource.

Best,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 1, 2020 @ 22:21 GMT
Thanks to you Jonathan, sure we have not been respectful, nor for our ecosystems unfortunally, the earth could be so beautiful if we harmonised correctly our foundamentals, we are linked with the water and the earth. Hope.....

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 13:24 GMT
The religious fanatism is dangerous like the nationalist ideologies , and the problem is global, not only for the muslims, in europa and USA they exist also the christian extremists, and when we analyse the globality so we have an enormous problem , the USA and europa are the bigger productors of arms and weapons and the saudia arabia is the biggest buyer, and when we add the vanity, hormons, unconsciousness and other , so we have a big problem dear all if we are not well governed . The USA , europa, have wonderful universal thinkers but it exists also foundamentalists religious, and in the muslim world, we know that they are numerous against a kind of capitalism and christianity, I am worry , a global WW3 will not be made by the conscious universalists but by unconscious leaders in all countries, they exist unfortunally and I fear in the future if some politicians want to make it, they exist unfortunally and the hate also exists, I beleive that the UN must be totally universal and take its responsabilities to evitate this chaos, we have two roads, a chaotical one or a harmonised one and only the good governances universal and rational can solve this global problem because we are all linked , different due to our cultures, heritages and ideologies but linked and in the same boat and we must protect for the well of all this boat.

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 13:26 GMT
Discussion on facebook with different thinkers

Gerhard Ris Alas the only way to get to their hearts and minds is to show that a different way of understanding what a human is, will make everyone successful.

Yet that needs to be irrfutably proven in a practical test.

Only when teamed up properly and having decent bread and decent games without pestering can humans think...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe wrote on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 16:39 GMT
Steve, you need to respect the freedom and choices of other people. You can't claim to be a loving person, and then want to have despotic control over other people's choices.

You call me a "creationist foundamentalist extremist patriot" but that is an intolerant way of saying that I have a physics theory that suggests that Intelligent Design is the best explanation, AND I believe in personal rights, liberties and freedom.

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 16:51 GMT
Still false, you dislike the differences unfortunally, ypou are not tolerant you critic all the persons thinking differently , even Penrose one of the best on this earth actually, are you conscious of this stupid comportment ??? and you cannot recognise that we evolve and you beleive in the freedom, but you don t respect the global freedom, you are simply like tell my friends for the intelligent design and you beleive that your extremism religious capitalism is the truth it is a fact Jason, the personal rights are under the responsabilities of all, but you you are against this, you want to impose, so you don t understand the freedom, the intelligent design is not this , and you don t respect the real freedom, you are a creationist extremist it seems for us and for only the USA, they are right it seems my friends, you are not a real universalist simply tolerant understanding god and the real freedom, you are against all this , we see easily this in your writings, in fact you have this spiritual euphory like all extremists Jason, you don t believ in liberties and personal rights I beleive, you insist too much on your thoughts without being democrate and tolerant, you are not made for us to have responsabilities unfortunally, your theory, your intelligent design, your freedom and religion for me are limited and not universal , but you are free indeed to be in the false road, it is your choice, but never you shall be relevant at my opinion if you don t change Jason, I tell this for you me , you are nor special you know,I am sorry to tell ths but I tell this for you , like this maybe you could evolve in sorting all your fake incodings in your mind and in being more wise, the hope exists

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 16:54 GMT
But I respect your choices, you have the rights to beleive in the creationism biblical judeo christian and the republican capitalisn , you have the rights to own a gun, it is very christian, you have the right to be against all persons thinking differently than you, it is very tolerant, you have the rights to think that god speaks to you by fields , it is very rational and you have the rights to be so humble in accepting the other points of vue, if you see what I mean Jason, me I am sincere I am tolerant and I respect your chpoices but I am free to tell you what I think also, it is this the freedom of speech,

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 17:01 GMT
lol ahah and you know what is the intelligent desing of this infinite eternal consciousness that we name God , AN UNIVERSAL OPTIMISED SPHERE my friend and beutiful quantum and cosmological 3D spheres turning still and always towards this eternity and unification, you don t like ? me I love this project lol we are jedi marvel of the Sphere , tolerant, democrate, full of love and unified , yep it is wonderful , that irritates a lot the anti universalists I know but it is like this, not need to make the war in the future and to seel the planets and stars , amen

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 17:31 GMT
now Jason, I delete because it is not appropriate our discussions for this group, we discuss about the same things , we are polite but that has nothing to do in this global collaboration, I prefer concrete discussions and solutions, so don t hesitate to put your ideas, maybe they can be interesting, regards

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 4, 2020 @ 19:49 GMT
Instead of deleting my comments, you should have amazed me with our own great ideas!

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 5, 2020 @ 07:53 GMT
Hi Jason, this group is to discuss about solutions for the UN and you are welcome to write ideas, the most important is to find adapted concrete global solutions where all win, regards

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 5, 2020 @ 18:37 GMT
Steve,

It's hard to solve a problem if you don't know what's wrong.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 5, 2020 @ 10:54 GMT
HUNGER: it is a so important point also, all conscious universalist understands that this problem is not acceptable. We can solve this in acting coreectly in harmonising the NGOs working on this of course and in creating concrete synergies, more an adapted production of all governements helping the distribution. We have near 10 per cent of the global population who are hungry and don t eat well...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe wrote on Sep. 6, 2020 @ 23:17 GMT
One day, we will replace rocket propulsion with gravity propulsion drives, and we will send workers to the asteroid belt to mine for ores, to build large space stations.

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 7, 2020 @ 09:14 GMT
this is interesting, I beleive that indeed we can check this gravitation in the future and it will be revolutionary, hope we shall find quickly this secret, we must check this quantum gravitation probably more other parameters , it seems very difficult actually, regards

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:34 GMT
There are at least three different branches of physics that suggest a common cause, an expanding graviton that lays down spacetime geometry made of quantum states for momentum, position.

I will argue that the expanding graviton is more realistic than superstrings or quantum loops because those things do not behave like the big bang.

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 05:36 GMT
It turns out that gravitons that expand from the Planck scale to a radius r = ct (speed of light * time) predict something unusual. If there was a disturbance at the Planck scale, there is a chance that the event could be displayed on the human scale as photons.

In other words, if there is something that exists at the Planck scale, it could use expanding gravitons to emit light that we could see.

Some people might call that the paranormal.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 14, 2020 @ 19:18 GMT
Problems in Kashmir, Palestine and Gaza, discussion on facebook with a lecturer in physics.

Steve Dufourny Muhammad Abdul Basit Khilji, yes I am understanding, the problems between muslims and indians exist since a long time, and it is the same for the palestinian israelian problems and gaza , the UN seem not able to solve and the governements also cannot apparently , the hate increases and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Marianne Mattfolk wrote on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:27 GMT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_peace_plan The Palestinians were not even present when announced. Can this be a good plan`? Jason, your comments (proper ones only) Thanks.

This is what you wanted to discuss, I think.

Regards, Ulla.

Bookmark and Share
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:32 GMT
I wanted to discuss this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel%E2%80%93United_Arab_Emi
rates_peace_agreement

I don't know how you work with Palestinians who want to attack Jews with mortars. That's not peaceful protest. That is violence. Violent people belong in jail.

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Marianne Mattfolk replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:41 GMT
Prime Minister Netanyahu said there was "no change" to his plans to annex parts of the West Bank if it was approved by the US, but added they were on temporary hold.[29] Before the agreement, the plan to annex 30% of the West Bank were already on hold due to a majority of Israelis and the government coalition partner Benny Gantz rejected the plan. Hundreds of thousands of Israeli settlers live in the areas, in addition to Palestinians, which were under Israeli control in practice.[30]'

This shows no goodwill, I think. No success...

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:47 GMT
Ulla,

I just don't have time to argue with someone who doesn't know the difference between the UAE, and Palestinians.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:33 GMT
Ulla it is well to have put this there, because I have deleted this discussion wich was still not appropriated , not the topic, but the discussion, I will delete if there is still personal attacks and lies, we must respect the rules of FQXi, the freedom yes, the democracy yes, but the ironical fights like children no

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:45 GMT
You made a lot of nasty comments. I'm not surprised you deleted them.

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Marianne Mattfolk replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:48 GMT
Yes, as admin for this group it is your duty to delete not on topic comments, or comments with negative emotions expressed. One word is enough of such, no matter what kinds of good suggestions come up. Keep it clean and neutral.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 15, 2020 @ 19:50 GMT
I am angry agianst your insults , stop or I delete still , I delete also your non sense , and now respect this group and the rules and try to speak logically , I know it is difficult byt try , you have no solutions we see

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox wrote on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 12:57 GMT
Scientific American for the first time in its 175 year history has endorsed a candidate for President of the United States of America.

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 14:42 GMT
Hi John, thanks for sharing, It is Joe Biden I see on internet ,

regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 14:46 GMT
Dear John, in seeing the informations about him, he seems a very skilling person with very relevant ideas to reform well the laws, he is a moderate democrat I see also.

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 17:17 GMT
A Scientific American endorsement of Joe Biden is a sure sign that the science community is suffering from mental illness.

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe wrote on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 18:05 GMT
President Trump loves America. He demonstrates this by protecting our freedoms, our heritage, our culture, our borders.

Trump has diligently worked to provide new pharmaceuticals at lower costs, ventilators, and tests to protect us from Covid 19. Trump is also has the pharmaceutical companies pursuing a cure.

Trump is responsible for destroying ISIS and killing high ranking terrorist generals in Iran.

Trump is initiating progress towards putting a woman on the Moon and Mars.

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 16, 2020 @ 18:20 GMT
Ok, I have personally nothing against him, I beleive that a president must think indeed about his country and help also globally . So for me he must improve what he can for the people , in improving the educational system, the ecology, helping the agriculture, create enterprises and check correctly them also to evitate the pollutions or others, he must try to reform the system also with new adapted laws, he must improve the social security, he must be diplomatic globally and try to find solutions . So I find this well for ISIS because indeed they are crazy ,it is well also for the pharmaceutical system a thing that I d like to insist is that all the presidents love their vcountry and must think about it first, all they make this, I remember your past good presidents like obama, Lincoln, clinton, Regan, Kennedy and others, they were good presidents for me. We live in a modern world and they must be responsible. An other thing is that the changement is well , so it is always well to have a new president having new ideas , Trump has had his time and has the time to put into practice his ideas, so it is well to give the keyus in new hands , a president loving the USA and having local and global solutions of improvements.

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox replied on Sep. 17, 2020 @ 17:44 GMT
The arguments against laissez-faire merchantile policies stand on their own, yet are always attacked as 'socialist' or 'communist' by those whom benefit or seek to benefit from market forces knowing that unregulated market forces always favor those whom already are in an advantageous position. Where efforts to counter laissez-faire policies often fail is in attempts to 'micro-manage' regulatory processes with a result of unmanageable complexity. In modern western nations, the potpourri of pork barrel politics has led to such a log-jam of contrary qualifications that it takes a host of credentialed, certified professional specialists (charging professional level fees) just to sell a house. The cost of due diligence has gone through the roof. Add to that the anti-regulatory climate of the financial industry and we have the largest lenders being given discount rates to lend down through the tranches to retail banks, creating an exponential increase in demand for the government to issue even more money to meet the cost of interest payments, warranties, fees and penalties; and absolutely no simple and clear requirement that gives tax and investment incentive for that borrowed money to be spent on revitalizing a production base for the economy. The only thing that constitutes wealth is the production of durable goods. And in a world which standardized to the metric system at the time of the civil war between the States, that production is only exportable if its in metric sizes. jrc

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 07:32 GMT
well Jason, you continue to tell stupidities , so I delete. We are not against the capitalism and I am not an atheist, so stop to tell ironical things of child now, are you able to discuss correctly , you are not relevant Jason you know, you repeat an ocean of extremist thoughts and you are not made for this group, well so I repeat , all will be deleted when it is odd , thanks

Bookmark and Share

Ulla Marianne Mattfolk wrote on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 08:37 GMT
This does not belong here, delete. Jason stop now.

I tried to bring you back into order, but then you had no time to discuss properly. Now you again draw up old garbage. It has nothing to do here as a constructive debate. Ulla.

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 08:39 GMT
I am sorry that freedom and rights have no place here.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 08:41 GMT
the freedom yes, the stupidity no Jason, the freedom is also to delete the stupid things simply with or without your approvements

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 08:47 GMT
Steve, try to be a little bit more civilized. Please explain to me why we don't need to have the freedom of owning guns. That is your challenge.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 08:59 GMT
Dear FQXi , like I said this project is important to me, mor important than my theory. I am not better than the others, I am sincere, I beleive strongly that in team and with concrete rational global solutions, we can make a difference and convice this UN. Alone we are nothing and alone I will not success of course. I know that the MIT is the best , the first university and that it is at New York...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 09:04 GMT
I will be honnored to have the ideas, advices of members, many are very very relevant and I invite them to discuss about their ideas to improve this global planet earth,

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 12:56 GMT
the most important is to forget our own life sometimes a little bit and work in team , the vanity of course is not a relevant parameter and the persons finding a problem for the most simple goals are not made for this kind of project, I am not better I repeat. This project is very simple generally and I repeat also, we can do it, it can be a success if the good persons are united. Don t never doubt of my sincerity and don t listen the persons against too much vanitious, be yourself and be what you are , the global solutions exist and it is maybe now that we must do it before an add of chaotical exponentials. I know that a general thinker having searched answers in sciences see this universalism like a truth, be what you are , don t fear , be just yourself dear friends. FQXi , the MIT and the members are important and authorities also in all centers of interest , even good politicians and good celebrities, this movement, project can make an incredible revolution, we just act with sciences and consciousness, it is not complicated and in a pure universalism.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 19:41 GMT
John, rewrite your post on a new thread, we delete the discussions without sense when it is too much personal or odd and when he has nothing to do with this group , so I beleive that your post has not been recorded like I have reported a thread , thanks

Bookmark and Share
Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 19:43 GMT
John you spoke about the proliferation and the that you doubt, could you rewrite it here please , regards

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox replied on Sep. 19, 2020 @ 23:53 GMT
Steve,

I could paraphrase what I'd said, but in general I doubt that we will see any global collaboration on the proliferation of firearms in the forseeable future. There are just too many vested interests which run the gamut from personal ownership and craftsmen, to high volume manufacturing in numerous countries, many of which aggressively market abroad because in their own country only government personnel can carry weapons but they need to produce in volume for the necessary operating capital. So when there exists such a profusion of mass production world-wide, and an historic distrust of any governing authority having the the means of arbitrary enforcement of what it deems as law and order; it becomes a real concern which James Madison espoused in the Federalist Papers, that the citizens of a State jurisdiction have the means of defending themselves from a larger and more powerful over-reach of Federal power. So I personally support, in the U.S., reasonable background checks on firearm purchasers but with proactive safeguards for individual rights and protections of privacy.

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox replied on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 00:21 GMT
Steve,

I should add, because the edit tab is not operational, That I speak from long familiarity with hunters and gun collectors and value their breadth of historical and technical knowledge. And with responsible regard for safety, its fun to plink off a few rounds before dinner and sit around the table and clean the guns afterwards. And #!*##! those old 30.06 bolt actions have a kick! You really want to press the stock hard onto your shoulder before squeezing the trigger or you'll have a half-lame right arm for a couple days! The later vintage AK's were tightened up a lot on tolerances and ported to limit muzzle rise and they actually can be fired from the hip on semi-auto. The early ones were world reknowned and the favorite of a lot of insurgencies because the tolerances were just sloppy enough that they would fire under lots of conditions without jamming on eject. Even today you can occasionally find boxes of old Soviet made steel-case rounds for all the old Kalashnikov variants, but the steel has so much less resilience than brass that on firing the case expands enough to jam in the breach of close tolerance chambers. The early AR-15's, M-16's were engineered to penetrate jungle foliage during the Viet Nam War but had many problems in the field before the bugs were worked out.

Firearms are terrible things. Responsible gun owners know that. jrc

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 11:01 GMT
To all, all the posts odd or not respecting the rules shall be deleted, we want concrete discussions with concrete solutions, not odd interpretations, we cannot accept the disturbing posts of total non sense, thanks for your understanding. So be rational , general and logic dear all , the freedom is essential if and only if the logic is there . We shall not accept also the personal attacks and the persons trying to create problems for this group , all are welcome if the rules are respected

Bookmark and Share
Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 12:28 GMT
Encouraging freedom of religion and spirituality works wonders with helping people to adapt to their environment.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 12:35 GMT
we must respect all religions and be tolerant , the religions are human inventions and all countries have different cultures, heritages or others and nobody has the right to impose to others their ideologies, the only one truth is that the consciousness seems the secret and a religious educated becaomes aware of this universalism, so a jew, a muslim, a chirstiam, a taoist, a hindousit, a buddhist and others can eat at the same table and laugh together in sharing the humanism in respecting the foundamental laws, only the extremists and linmited minds imply problems, a sure thing nobody has the answer about this origin of our universe, so maybe the only one truth is this universalism and the love, the rest seems vain, the persons implying problems are not real universalists, they are persuaded that they are right and better than their fellowmen, they don t permit to reach this global consciousness, theyr prefer the problems instead of solution , they prefer to divide instead to unite unfortunally,. but a sure thing we are all brothers and from the same familly and all in the same boat

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 12:36 GMT
freedom of cult and religion yes if and only if it is universal , rational and if they respect the others thinking differently, we cannot accept the extremism in the idologies, it is dangerous and not universal simply

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 13:10 GMT
I will not report like inappropriate if it is logic and respectfull , let s respect the democracy and freedom if the universalism is there, not the others stupid posts, thanks for your understanding

Bookmark and Share

FQXi Administrator David Sloan wrote on Sep. 20, 2020 @ 13:24 GMT
I am temporarily disabling posts here whislt I deal with a backlog of complaints and reported posts. Having looked through this so far, there appear to be numerous violations of our terms of use, including instances of personal abuse, overly aggressive argumentation and far off-topic discourse. I issued a warning earlier in this thread and it appears that some have not heeded this. Therefore I will go through this and take action to enforce the terms of use.

It also appears that users have been abusing the ability to remove their own posts and the option report those of others in order to make statements with which they disagree disappear. This is unacceptable behaviour.

This topic has generated more reported posts and complaints in the last few days than the rest of the forums has in the last year. Dealing with this is a considerable drain on my time. I will not allow this to take up more of it.

Please do not continue this in other forum threads - posts there will also be deleted.

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the forum administrator

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 1, 2020 @ 17:44 GMT
Hello all, FQXi,dear members,

The most difficult is to unite and create a system when we have no authority and money , it is not easy to convice, the majority of persons follow when we are already known or when we have a notoriety , that reasures the followers or investors or others. I am nobody , I am just a human wanting to make a difference in uniting the good persons and systems, and FQXi seem the good partner because the members are relevant and that it is at New York. The goal is to convice this UN with concrete global solutions detailed where all wins, I know that it exists already many systems working a a kind of same road and it could be relevant to make sysnergies between these systems like with the relevant NGOs, I have seen also that Sir Attenborough is focused on global universal projects , he is welcome if he wants, all general universal thinkers are welcome in fact and I repeat I don t want to be a leader, I just try to put into practices synergies and cooperations between the persons having the same points of vue to solve with sciences, rationalism and consciousness these global problems. I repeat but alone we are nothing and we are a little bit too much divided or working in limited and small teams or systems. The real revolutionary results shall arrive with concrete synergies and a concrete team. I have some ideas but it is not sufficient , I am not skilling in all topics , that is why we must work together not to satisfy our own ego but for this planet and its lifes, I beleive strongly that it is important and foundamental for all lifes in this present and for the future generations. I wish of all my heart that we can do it you know. Sorry for my english and the errors of grammar, I am french speaking , I speak several languages and I confound this grammar. Friendly.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 2, 2020 @ 13:34 GMT
I have contacted several systems by mails to make sysnergies and the Kofi Annan foundation, their goals are in the same way. It is important to unite the persons, systems, foundations, it is maybe the secret to reach the goals. Together untited and in acting with rationalsim and consciousness , we can do it.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 17, 2020 @ 09:08 GMT
Hi all, this global system on earth is what it is but we can change for the well of all, we have created a global econony and this is function of the money and jobs , we know that we increase in number and that unfortunally the responsability universal is not a reality for all humans, we are divided and a few number are real altruists understanding several foundamentals, a person having power and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 17, 2020 @ 12:55 GMT
I know that all we have a life and are occupied, and it is not easy to follow, the persons prefer to be followed, but this kind of project needs a team and sponsors. FQXi is linked with the MIT and is at new york, the world bank is there, and the UN also, what we need is to create a concrete book of solutions with the details. The members of FQXi are skillings and relevant in sciences and they can...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 20, 2020 @ 11:59 GMT
all seems a question of consciousness , responsabilities, altruism and universalism. It is not easy to convice the systems and people to work in team , now the people needs monney and authorities in fact, we can conclude that this monney governs this planet, it is like this, it is a catalyser of systems , a catalyser also to boost the people unfortunally. It is the life, I accept this. The people...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.