Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Vladimir Fedorov: on 5/18/20 at 12:51pm UTC, wrote Dear Kwame Bennet, I greatly appreciated your work and discussion. I am...

John Vastola: on 5/18/20 at 1:24am UTC, wrote First of all, great work! It's really impressive that you entered this...

Eckard Blumschein: on 5/15/20 at 11:13am UTC, wrote Dear Kwame Bennet, You might read my previous essays as to realize to what...

Michael muteru: on 5/10/20 at 20:21pm UTC, wrote Hello Kwameh. Fantastic work coming from an upcoming mind like you.You are...

Kwame Bennett: on 5/6/20 at 20:13pm UTC, wrote Hey Lockie, The reference to (polyhedrons) it just me definitively stating...

Kwame Bennett: on 5/6/20 at 20:12pm UTC, wrote Hey Lockie, The reference to (polyhedrons) it just me definitively stating...

Kwame Bennett: on 5/5/20 at 11:55am UTC, wrote Dear Christian In general, my issue are not necessarily with the...

Christian Corda: on 5/5/20 at 10:10am UTC, wrote Dear Kwame, You wrote a nice, original and provocative Essay. This is more...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "That is about the 'anatomy"" of spacetime." in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Lorraine Ford: "So what exactly is WRONG with physics, apart from the fact that physics..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "The perception generated of time difference relates to the potential..." in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Steve Dufourny: "Hello Jim, yes indeed in a sense we have these motions and we have invented..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

Jim Snowdon: "Hi Steve, Clearly we have motion in our Universe. It is not..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

Steve Dufourny: "You are welcome, thanks too for your words. I have never lost the faith..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "Thank you. Good luck." in The Nature of Time

Lorraine Ford: "Rob, As you have not replied, I take it that you now concede that the..." in 16th Marcel Grossmann...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 17, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: A Grand Introduction to Darwinian Mechanics by Kwame A Bennett [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Kwame A Bennett wrote on Apr. 25, 2020 @ 12:00 GMT
Essay Abstract

Throughout human history, the trend lines that have stretched across the many sets of civilizations that have inhabited the Earth, have indicated that sufficient advances in mankind's overall scientific agency, knowledge, and intellect could eventually culminate in the formulation of a cohesive set of equations, or mathematical axioms, that could be used to discern (or decipher) a set of physical laws that truly pertains to all things in the material universe; where these laws could include, but would not be limited to, the motion of galaxies, the creation of planets, and the sustained emergence of biological complexity within the universe. However, here in the twenty first century, many of the most advanced and widely accepted theories, or systems of equations, that have recently been put forth by humanity, tend to be diametrically opposed to each other; and, thus, fall far short of being able to explain, in any consistent way, many of the things observed within the universe, such as the creation of life, or the dynamic motion of stars within spiral galaxies. Consequently, this paper takes an intentionally unorthodox, unconventional, or a less mathematically rigorous approach, and instead uses plain standard language, or visually descriptive language, to highlight three (3) of the yet to be fully understood things about the nature of the physical universe. These are: (1) the mechanisms that facilitated the creation and evolution of the Earth's moon alongside the Earth; (2) the fractal system that shaped the Earth's position in the overall scale of the material Universe; and (3) the process by which energy from the planet helped to facilitate and induce the many nuclear, chemical and physical reactions that led to the emergence of eukaryotic biological complexity on the surface of the Earth.

Author Bio

I am Kwame A. Bennett, I currently attending the Manning's High School looking to complete both my CSEC CAPE exams and my SAT's; in addition to this, I am the captain of my high school quiz team and we are currently one of the frontrunners in the national high school quiz competition. I would like to further my education in Astrophysics at MIT or in Molecular Biology at UWI. This essay competition is, yet, another exciting way to challenge and grow my intellect and hopefully will serve to help to move the overall scientific dialogue along.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Author Kwame A Bennett wrote on Apr. 25, 2020 @ 16:21 GMT
In order to fully adhere to the competition rules; I had to review, revise, and truncate the document submitted down to 10 pages... for the full 20 page essay or paper you can see the below attachment. Thanks in advance

attachments: AGrandIntroductiontoDarwinianMechanicsCompleted.pdf

Bookmark and Share

Antoine E Pinnock replied on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 22:25 GMT
Amazing work... I especially love this extended version of the essay;

The ideas encapsulated within your comparison of the turning machine to biological complexity is breath taking

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 26, 2020 @ 03:20 GMT
Dear Kwame A Bennett,

It is wonderful that you picked up logical and realistic thinking at this age. I observed that you write very big paragraphs. Write smaller paragraphs. I am reproducing some of your concluding words from your 20 page paper .................... To gain a complete understanding of the true nature of the real physical universe, our civilization, will first have to acknowledge that, here in the twenty first century, there are many flawed, or at best partially incomplete, models that have become entrenched within the foundations of science.

This is because, in the pursuit of a seamless perfectly symmetrical model, based purely on abstract mathematics, we have been left with countless conjectures and incoherencies that are diametrically opposed to the things observed within the material universe; and this has also resulted in a fundamental decidability, computability, predictability, and measurability limit being reached amongst, or within, these conflicting, contradicting, or paradoxical models. Consequently, the concepts or models that are solely beholden to closed mathematical systems, would only be able to compute or predict a very limited set of things about the universe, before these models would inevitably encounter an undecidability or immeasurability problem (or encounter a value that is deemed to be indeterminable or infinite).......................

Your words are correct, just to sharpen your thinking, i want you to look at a model with different type of ideology, called Dynamic Universe Model developed by us for the last 40 years, with many of its predictions came true...

I hope you will have CRITICAL examination of my essay... "A properly deciding, Computing and Predicting new theory’s Philosophy".....

I thought we will have a lot to discuss...

I will stop for noe,

Best

=snp

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on Apr. 26, 2020 @ 03:46 GMT
Thanks for your kind words.

Unfortunately, my paragraph and sentence structures happen to be very long, because these topics are very complex and i wanted to paint the full picture without using the existing terminologies that have already painted a wrong or misleading picture of the universe.

Bookmark and Share

Antoine E Pinnock replied on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 22:29 GMT
His logical and realism are definitely on point (and pretty hard to argue against)

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 17:58 GMT
Dear Kwame,

With great interest I read your essay with very important extraordinary ideas, an in-depth analysis of the development of scientific knowledge, clear justifications and conclusions.

I especially agree: "Therefore, to negate, overturn, or reverse, the numerous decidability, computability, predictability, and measurability problems that exist within the most prominent models related to the nature of the physical universe, physics will, first, have to undergo a "Grand Reset" to correct the many missteps that have been taken in the name of perpetual scientific advancements and innovations, or that have been taken in the name of concepts such as gravity waves, singularities, collapsed clouds, and curved space-time (as well as, in the name of newer concepts such as dark matter and dark energy).” I give the highest rating. I invite you to watch my ontological ideas .

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 22:44 GMT
Ok great, I will be sure to take a look at yours

Bookmark and Share

Edwin Eugene Klingman wrote on Apr. 29, 2020 @ 19:21 GMT
Dear Kwame A Bennett,

An exceptional essay for one so young. As noted above, learn to write shorter paragraphs.

I am very impressed with your research and your thinking.

I invite you to read my essay and welcome any comments.

Deciding on the nature of time and space

Wishing you a very bright future,

Edwin Eugene Klingman

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on Apr. 29, 2020 @ 20:25 GMT
I will certainly aim for more concise thoughts going forward, thanks

Will go and checkout your essay;

And leave a rating as well

Bookmark and Share

Lachlan Cresswell wrote on May. 3, 2020 @ 14:35 GMT
Dear Kwame,

Thanks for a stimulating essay.

I will take up the challenge you pose when you highlighted three of the yet to be fully understood things about the nature of the physical universe. You stated that these were: (1) the mechanisms that facilitated the creation and evolution of the Earth's moon alongside the Earth; (2) the fractal system that shaped the Earth's position in...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on May. 3, 2020 @ 16:44 GMT
For this part of your answer: "

I am suggesting that at this magical happening, known in common parlance as the Big Bang, the energy of the Universe did not exist as a singularity, but rather started with a finite amount occupying a finite volume, spawned by who knows what dynamical process. Then this primordial energy expanded uniformly to quite some size, before the phase change we call...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Lachlan Cresswell replied on May. 4, 2020 @ 04:10 GMT
Dear Kwame,

Thanks for your answer. I agree with your first paragraph up to the sentence "....and when this object violently spilled out its entrails into the surround void, all its fragments preserved the temperatures, motions and other forms of energy that they acquired from this process and for the past few billion years objects and systems throughout the universe have been actively...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Kwame A Bennett replied on May. 4, 2020 @ 13:07 GMT
Hey Lockie,

The reference to (polyhedrons) it just me definitively stating that real world singularities are not something that I accept.

Elliptical galaxies are shaped like ellipses (stretched circles). They are divided into eight types: E0-E7 depending on how elliptical they are. E0 ellipticals are nearly circular, while E7s are very stretched out. Elliptical galaxies are made up...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

sherman loran jenkins wrote on May. 4, 2020 @ 06:21 GMT
Kwame,

Recognizing your instinctive observation and calculations that suggest that several changes must be made to conventional wisdom at one time; I agree. And the “dark matter” question is at the center of multiple puzzles; there is a simple answer. As per evolution of life: The dust from outer space does contain significant amounts of life codes encased for space travel. And note that longer type GRB signals are consistent with light speed shock waves decimating star systems.

I enjoyed your essay very much, thank you.

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on May. 4, 2020 @ 11:10 GMT
Sherman,

Unfortunately, I am simply proposing that those cold objects from space that have already given up vast amounts of thermal or thermodynamic energy resources to their environment long ago, would be incapable of rekindling the sparks needed to fuel the chain reactions or sustained chemical reactions that would be need to brew biological living entities.

Life is made by active energy rich objects, not objects that are already dead, stagnant, and frozen.

Bookmark and Share

Christian Corda wrote on May. 5, 2020 @ 10:10 GMT
Dear Kwame,

You wrote a nice, original and provocative Essay. This is more remarkable if one considers that you are a high school student. In all honesty, I only partially agree with your claims. On one hand, you are correct to stress that today there is too much mathematical abstraction in developing modern science. On the other hand, I have read too much complains about "the mathematics of Einstein". Mathematics is the language of science, and science cannot be developed without mathematical rigor. The same logic and arithmetic, that you claim one must use to reference the things contained within the material universe, are part of mathematics. Nature is often complex, but sometimes less complex than one thinks. "The Lord God is subtle, but malicious he is not. " was the famous Albert Einstein's remark during visit to Princeton University (1921).

In any case, I liked reading your Essay. Thus, I will give you a high score. I wish you good luck in the Contest.

Cheers, Ch.

Bookmark and Share
Author Kwame A Bennett replied on May. 5, 2020 @ 11:55 GMT
Dear Christian

In general, my issue are not necessarily with the mathematics itself, but it's that we no longer question or recognize the thought experiment, postulates, and notions that led to those tensor equations or those mathematical models in the first place; such that, if there is a flaw, it might not be present in the maths, but present in the flawed ideas that came before the maths or that lay at the foundation of the maths.

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on May. 10, 2020 @ 20:21 GMT
Hello Kwameh. Fantastic work coming from an upcoming mind like you.You are a great inquirer and this will surely propel you high in the future.Rated you well. please take your time to read my ideas on how I think the three UnS emerged here-https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3525.All the best in the essay contest, and also in life.

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein wrote on May. 15, 2020 @ 11:13 GMT
Dear Kwame Bennet,

You might read my previous essays as to realize to what comprehensive extent I share your Darwinian stance and your criticism of widely accepted while paradoxically looking modern theories. In contrast to you I feel not in position to suggest explanations. I merely am trying to make aware of stubbornly denied very basic mistakes. You seem young enough as to have time for checking my arguments which I consider compelling to every open minded.

Eckard Blumschein

Bookmark and Share

John Joseph Vastola wrote on May. 18, 2020 @ 01:24 GMT
First of all, great work! It's really impressive that you entered this essay contest, and must have taken a lot of time to write your ideas up. I certainly don't think I could have produced something like this when I was in high school. Best of luck in the college admissions process, I think you'll do quite well!

Second of all, it's true that there are a lot of mysteries in modern...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on May. 18, 2020 @ 12:51 GMT
Dear Kwame Bennet,

I greatly appreciated your work and discussion. I am very glad that you are not thinking in abstract patterns.

"Consequently, this paper takes an intentionally unorthodox, unconventional, or a less mathematically rigorous approach, and instead uses plain standard language, or visually descriptive language, to highlight three (3) of the yet to be fully understood things about the nature of the physical universe. These are: (1) the mechanisms that facilitated the creation and evolution of the Earth's moon alongside the Earth; (2) the fractal system that shaped the Earth's position in the overall scale of the material Universe; and (3) the process by which energy from the planet helped to facilitate and induce the many nuclear, chemical and physical reactions that led to the emergence of eukaryotic biological complexity on the surface of the Earth".

In my essay there are answers to some of your questions.

While the discussion lasted, I wrote an article: “Practical guidance on calculating resonant frequencies at four levels of diagnosis and inactivation of COVID-19 coronavirus”, due to the high relevance of this topic. The work is based on the practical solution of problems in quantum mechanics, presented in the essay FQXi 2019-2020 “Universal quantum laws of the universe to solve the problems of unsolvability, computability and unpredictability”.

I hope that my modest results of work will provide you with information for thought.

Warm Regards, `

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.