Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Ilgaitis Prusis: on 5/17/20 at 17:37pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir, Thank you for your response and interesting essay. I have...

Vladimir Fedorov: on 5/17/20 at 13:07pm UTC, wrote Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis, I greatly appreciated your work and discussion. I...

Lachlan Cresswell: on 5/14/20 at 13:04pm UTC, wrote Dear Ilgaitis, Sorry about the link, it used to work but somehow seems...

Anonymous: on 5/13/20 at 15:44pm UTC, wrote Dear Lockie, Thank you for comments. Below some definitions of energy: ...

Lachlan Cresswell: on 5/13/20 at 13:44pm UTC, wrote Dear Ilgaitis, Thanks for your comments. Sorry about the link not working,...

Ilgaitis Prusis: on 5/13/20 at 12:47pm UTC, wrote Dear Lockie, Thank you for your post on my essay. I agree that Universe...

Lachlan Cresswell: on 5/12/20 at 23:55pm UTC, wrote Dear Ilgaitis, I liked the direction of your short essay, but wanted more...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 5/12/20 at 14:59pm UTC, wrote Dear Ilgaitis, Thanks for the deep clarifying questions: 1. "You use“...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Marcel-Marie LeBel: "Georgina, There is no instantaneity along the rod or within the coffee. It..." in The Nature of Time

Stefan Weckbach: "Hi Lorraine, thanks for your explanations. I think I now better..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "Consider ice cream in hot coffee. They stay together, 'in time', as..." in The Nature of Time

Mykel Waggoner: "This is a link to a paper I wrote, as it explains how Quantum Entanglement..." in Alternative Models of...

Lorraine Ford: "Hi Stefan, Replying to your last couple of posts, this is the way I would..." in The Present State of...

Robert McEachern: ""There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in..." in Undecidability,...

Georgina Woodward: "Max? Why?" in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Steve Agnew: "Mueller opens his essay with... "As the argument goes, there are truths..." in Undecidability,...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 21, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: Completeness of System by Ilgaitis Prusis [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Ilgaitis Prusis wrote on Apr. 23, 2020 @ 12:10 GMT
Essay Abstract

The completeness or equilibrium of system is one of basic principles of nature. However, this is not always followed by logical conclusions, technical constructions or even scientific theories. As a result, it leads to paradoxes and unstable operation of technical device. If artificial intelligence is used in an incomplete system, then it is potentially unpredictable and can become dangerous.

Author Bio

My research is related to General Physics. I am PHD. Now independent researcher. My public record in ORCID is http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1390-4522 Recent publications are in: http://viXra.org/, https://www.researchgate.net/, and https://www.academia.edu/.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 25, 2020 @ 10:28 GMT
Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis,

Wonderful compilation of many laws in Physics, Electricity, and computing in an short essay!!

I feel you should add one more law for Dynamical systems.

According to Dynamic Universe model, all bodies in our cosmological universe move in Dynamic Equilibrium. They move continuously due to UGF, the universal gravitational force acting on any "Body" which is vectorial sum of all the gravitational attractions on that body by all the other bodies in the universe. This UGF varies with time and position of that body in the Universe. It is not constant.

For a simplified discussion and ethics and Physics of this model have a look at my essay..." A properly deciding, Computing and Predicting new theory’s Philosophy "

Best Regards

=snp

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on Apr. 26, 2020 @ 09:42 GMT
Dear SNP Gupta! I read your essay. It is very good. It touches on important and profound issues in science. I agree with basic statements.

According to Dinamic Universe Model I also believe that the Universe is dynamic, everything is moving. However, some concepts in your theory are not clear for me.

How do you interpret Time?

What is Space in your theory?

Best regards

Ilgaitis

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 04:08 GMT
Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis,

Thank you for your post on my essay, The post above and that post I will reply on my essay. Please visit there.

You can post your replies there as they are related to my essay.

Yours is a wonderful short essay and I gave the BEST appriciation. Please Check your gmail please....

Best Regards

=snp

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 07:37 GMT
Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis

Your another question is "What is truth?"

Truth is a verifiable fact or experimental result or astronomical observation by anyone with the same initial conditions.

Thank you for all your interest on Dynamic Universe Model.You can Download all papers and books for free from my blog...........

http://vaksdynamicuniversemodel.blogspot.com/

And the Universe Model proposed...........

http://vaksdynamicuniversemodel.blogspot.

com/2018/

I will continue....

Best Regards

-snp

Bookmark and Share

Bookmark and Share
Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on May. 10, 2020 @ 09:39 GMT
Dear SNP Gupta,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Getting to know your theory took a long time. I agree in general, i.e., the Universe is dynamic.

This means that there is a dynamic forcefield in the Universe. According to New concept of space the forcefield and space are synonyms (http://viXra.org/abs/1802.0230). So there are two spaces in the Universe: gravity space and dynamic space. Gravity space is negative because it is made up of attraction forces. The dynamic space is positive. Both spaces is equal in magnitude as the same mass of Universe form them. Both spaces compensate each other. If we look at the Universe from the outside, it looks like a point without dimensions. If we look at the Universe from the inside, it looks infinitely large. The Universe is in equilibrium, i.e., sum of spaces is zero.

In the nutshell: Universe is like lepton with very large mass.

More in attachments.

Best regards

Ilgaitis

attachments: Space_Equation__Basic_Equation_of_Unified_Field_Theory.pdf

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 13:12 GMT
Dear Ilgaitis,

I like your clear, compressed alternative view of the Universe, its laws, problems in the basics of knowledge and "artificial intelligence". Your view, maybe you will not agree, is absolutely dialectical. But, I believe that one should also look at “matter” dialectically more deeply - in the spirit of Cuzansky (“coincidence of opposites”) and Plato, taking into account the accumulated knowledge and all the problems of modern “fundamental science”, as well as the modern information revolution: matter is that of why all forms are born. I know only one physicist, Albert Veinik, who considers in his theory the concept of absolute rest of matter - he introduces the concept of "paren" ... I fully support your view of problems with "artificial intelligence" ... I also read your articles “About Presumptions of Physics ”and “Before Big Bang” with an alternative look. An alternative to the basics of physics is very important today ... I score you «nine». In my opinion, in order to justify your concept, it is still necessary to add the most profound, ultimate ontology. Here it is necessary to “grasp” the dialectics of “material” and «ideal» in order to build an adequate model of the process of generation of meanings and structures (material-ideal), common for the Universum as a whole. I think that the segony for physics is extremely important thoughts and conclusions of Carlo Rovelli, presented in the article Physics Needs Philosophy / Philosophy Needs Physics .

Please also see my ontological ideas . and give, if possible. your critical questions and comments.

Sincerely, Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on May. 11, 2020 @ 11:03 GMT
Dear Vladimir!

I apologize for the long delay in replying. Your essay deals with such serious and profound issues that it takes a long time to think about them. You conduct an analysis of the understanding an development of dialectics over 2.5 thousand years in the essay. It is great. I agree in general.

You write: “The ontological basis of knowledge - the model of the primordial...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 11, 2020 @ 16:40 GMT
Dear Ilgaitis.

Thank you very much for your detailed, deep answer, reading my essay and questions.

1. About the "Logos" and "spirit." You noticed that I took only the first part of the line from Evagelia from Ionne in Greek: "In the Beginning was the Logos ...". From the dictionary of the ancient Greek language I. Dvoretsky, the concept of “logos” has 34 clusters of meanings and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on May. 12, 2020 @ 08:42 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thanks for the quick and far reaching response. It caused me a lot of questions.

You use “general meaning of the concept of “logos” for Nature and Society - the “Law”, that is, the extremely general Law of Nature”.

Can there be a law that cannot be formulated in words?

Maybe to create the Nature you just need to know how to do it, recipe, algorithm or in short, the information. In this sense the LOGOS is information.

I have noticed only one universal law that applies to absolutely everything in the Nature: Development takes place from simple to complex. From primordial photon > neutron > hydrogen > stars > heavy elements > planetary systems > organic substances > microbes > plants and animals > humans. I can't explain why this is happening. Neither dialectics nor the Principle of triunity help here. May be you can found answer?

Best regards

Ilgaitis

Bookmark and Share

Branko L Zivlak wrote on May. 5, 2020 @ 19:53 GMT
Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis

Great analysis of the completeness of phenomena in nature. Please what is completeness with radiation?

Regarda,

Branko

Bookmark and Share
Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on May. 6, 2020 @ 15:10 GMT
Dear Branko, thank you for question.

Answer in the nutshell: Even in the case of radiation, all conservation laws remain in force, i.e., the sum of items is zero.

Ilgaitis

Bookmark and Share

Lachlan Cresswell wrote on May. 12, 2020 @ 23:55 GMT
Dear Ilgaitis,

I liked the direction of your short essay, but wanted more (in a good way).

A particular equilibrium of a system is commonly expressed in physics as a symmetry. It appears to me that the Universe follows exact symmetries, hence another explanation of the ‘missing antimatter’ is that it is in fact not missing at all (See another of my essays on this ).

Magnetism is also perfectly symmetric if one invokes spin as its origin. Then the monopole problem disappears, as symmetric spin only allows dipoles. N or S is a convention that is often misleading since frames of reference with respect to rotation are difficult ( a clockwise spinning orange from above is an anti-clockwise spinning orange from below).

I agree with you regarding ternary logic. Maybe that is the breakthrough in computing that is needed, and maybe it will be engineers rather than physicists that will push it forward! I look at intelligent agents towards the end of my essay and fear if AI reaches “free will “ status.

Good luck,

Lockie Cresswell

Bookmark and Share
Author Ilgaitis Prusis replied on May. 13, 2020 @ 12:47 GMT
Dear Lockie,

Thank you for your post on my essay.

I agree that Universe follows exact symmetries. I read your essay. It is very interesting, but I found neither the symmetry of time nor space in the essay. I think, like you, that only the Present really exists. The past is no more and the future is not yet. More over, the time has 3 dimensions: one in the direction Past – Future, and two dimensions of Present. More in attachment.

There are also several places in your essay that I do not understand, for example, you claim: “Ultimately my form of presentism is that only energy in space exists.”

1. Maybe you think the same way I do: the time itself does not exist. There are only motions. The concept of time is a handy way for comparing motions.

2. My opinion about energy. Energy is property of something (particle, body, wave etc). Therefore, there must be something else that has energy in the space.

Best regards

Ilgaitis

attachments: 1_Pioneer_Anomaly_and_Dimensions_of_Time.pdf, 1_About_Arrow_of_Time.pdf

Bookmark and Share

Lachlan Cresswell replied on May. 13, 2020 @ 13:44 GMT
Dear Ilgaitis,

Thanks for your comments. Sorry about the link not working, I think I put a space in the wrong place. I will try again here: antimatter essay

Regarding your extra comments: I agree with 1.

But wrt to 2, I would argue that energy is the ultimate substance. It is what it is all about. All matter, motion, time and space are but energy in different guises. Definitely not a property! Fundamental matter has properties of charge, spin and volume. Fundamental aether has properties of volume and force state (that requires much explanation, but not here).

I will look up your references and maybe comment some more.

Thanks for the conversation.

Best regards to you,

Lockie Cresswell

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on May. 13, 2020 @ 15:44 GMT
Dear Lockie,

Thank you for comments.

Below some definitions of energy:

In physics, energy is the quantitative property...(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy)

Energy, in physics, the capacity for doing work. (https://www.britannica.com/science/energy)

Energy is the power to do work... (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/energy)

I will read and comment on your antimatter essay later. Sorry link to essay does not work.

Best regards

Ilgaitis

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on May. 17, 2020 @ 13:07 GMT
Dear Dr Ilgaitis Prusis,

I greatly appreciated your work and discussion. I am very glad that you are not thinking in abstract patterns.

While the discussion lasted, I wrote an article: “Practical guidance on calculating resonant frequencies at four levels of diagnosis and inactivation of COVID-19 coronavirus”, due to the high relevance of this topic. The work is based on the practical solution of problems in quantum mechanics, presented in the essay FQXi 2019-2020 “Universal quantum laws of the universe to solve the problems of unsolvability, computability and unpredictability”.

I hope that my modest results of work will provide you with information for thought.

Warm Regards, `

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Ilgaitis Prusis wrote on May. 17, 2020 @ 17:37 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your response and interesting essay.

I have some remarks about Space.

No experimental evidence of empty Space – Void. There are at least gravity field of Universe in the Space. The “infinite continuum” is only presumption. Much closer to reality is the assumption that space itself does not exist. The Space is only gravity field. In other words: the Space and gravity are synonyms. More in: New Concept of Space. http://viXra.org/abs/1802.0230

Emergence of Universe from nothing is disclosed in:

Big Bang without Bang. http://viXra.org/abs/1901.0037

Before Big Bang. http://viXra.org/abs/1901.0141

Best regards

Ilgaitis

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.