Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Steve Dufourny: on 5/28/20 at 22:18pm UTC, wrote Hi , you are welcome, I have not made this Contest, I develop since many...

Sue Lingo: on 5/28/20 at 6:26am UTC, wrote Hi Steve... Thanks for your interest in the Unified Quantization of a...

Jonathan Kerr: on 5/18/20 at 14:57pm UTC, wrote Dear Sue, I find this interesting to read, thank you. Please see my essay,...

John Crowell: on 5/16/20 at 14:33pm UTC, wrote Sue. I have another posting on our posting thread for you to consider. Also...

Steve Dufourny: on 5/14/20 at 15:21pm UTC, wrote Hello, I am interested to know more your UQS for the sphere like I work...

Sue Lingo: on 5/14/20 at 7:16am UTC, wrote Hi John David Crowell... My bad!!!... i.e. my cut and paste error...

John Crowell: on 5/13/20 at 11:31am UTC, wrote Sue I expressed my thanks for your reply in the “thread” posting of my...

Sue Lingo: on 5/11/20 at 1:14am UTC, wrote Hi David... A rigorous math model requires all GEOMETRY ELEMENTS... i.e....

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "3 main spacetimes, not 32 sorry, I write too quickly without rereading,..." in The Noise of Gravitons

Steve Dufourny: "Dear Steve, imagine if My assumption superimposing these spacetimes is..." in The Noise of Gravitons

berenice aldway: "Writing blog or different type of content writing needs a proper learning..." in Outside the Box

PRASAD DIVATE: "Hi all, I just read that there are 64 dimensions in the universe and God..." in AI, Consciousness,...

Steve Dufourny: "sure, without doubting ,we must doubt :) I make the same for all my model..." in AI, Consciousness,...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Time to Think
Philosopher Jenann Ismael invokes the thermodynamic arrow of time to explain how human intelligence emerged through culture.

Lockdown Lab Life
Grounded physicists are exploring the use of online and virtual-reality conferencing, and AI-controlled experiments, to maintain social distancing. Post-pandemic, these positive innovations could make science more accessible and environmentally-friendly.

Is Causality Fundamental?
Untangling how the human perception of cause-and-effect might arise from quantum physics, may help us understand the limits and the potential of AI.

Building Agency in the Biology Lab
Physicists are using optogenetics techniques to make a rudimentary agent, from cellular components, which can convert measurements into actions using light.

Think Quantum to Build Better AI
Investigating how quantum memory storage could aid machine learning and how quantum interactions with the environment may have played a role in evolution.

FQXi FORUM
September 22, 2020

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: Modeling Universal Intelligence by Sue Lingo [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Sue Lingo wrote on Apr. 13, 2020 @ 11:23 GMT
Essay Abstract

Given the broad scope to which a decision making process can be applied... e.g. "Should I eat this apple?", "Do black holes emit "stuff"?" ... it is necessary to establish a scale at which the decision differential is to be processed. In that FQXi is a Fundamental Question Forum, and analysis from principle to general forces establishment of an absolute evaluation criteria, I herein scale the decision differential in terms of a theoretical minimum/indivisible unit of spatially defined Energy (QE) witch can experience a Space-Time differential, and one must make a clear distinction between Quanta of Energy (QE), as minimum/indivisible units of spatially defined Energy, and Phenomenal Energy (PHE) as the quantification, in terms of observable measurement... e.g. heat in degrees... of the observed event of a QE's experience. In that a temporal interval is implicit in an entities experience of a spatial differential... i.e. a dynamic process... I utilize a logic construct that facilitates pulsed sequential evaluation. To encourage relevant discussion, I solicit my reader for an assessment of my application of herein modeled Absolute Intelligence, to a logic evaluation criteria for my essay.

Author Bio

UQS Author/Logician/Independent Research: ... 2000-2020 Unified Quantization of a Singularity (UQS) website annually logs up to 5K worldwide downloads of UQS Data Base open source materials ... 2019-2020 UQS Virtual Quantum Lab/Game dashboard screen design and screen map DEF FN code to facilitate utilization of prior UQS geometry derived code for a CAD/SIM environment Academic: ... 1972-1979 University of Washington Dept. of Architecture, Seattle, WA Research Biases: ... as a consequence of undergraduate and graduate studies, structural/geometry as the foundation for analysis, mandates "form follows function" ... as a logician I refrain from perturbative analysis of fundamental processes

Download Essay PDF File
Note: This Essay PDF was replaced on 2020-04-14 06:39:08 UTC.

Bookmark and Share

Author Sue Lingo wrote on Apr. 14, 2020 @ 06:39 GMT
Sue Lingo re-uploaded the file Lingo_20191224FQXiEssay.pdf for the essay entitled "Modeling Universal Intelligence" on 2020-04-14 06:39:08 UTC.

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 18, 2020 @ 09:22 GMT
Dear Sue Lingo,

Your essay is very logical. For example your words.........We will herein assume that an addressable spatial occupancy map, within which to query the entities experience, is applicable to our model of Absolute Intelligence.

In that we are herein dealing with fundamental/Absolute Intelligence...i.e. no operation assignments can be predetermined by a system external agent... a continuously emerging unit of uniform minimum/indivisible spatial addresses (QI), that formats a 3D network, for resolve of directionally unbiased Single Point source emission and subsequent distribution of QE, dictates the spatial suantization geometry within which to query an individual entities experience, and/or entire network status........................ are very true.

Have a look at slightly different version given by my Dynamic Universe Model like...

In my opinion this inner Consciousness is a constant guidance force which guides all aspects of life..

for particles like electron, this may the charge. For astronomical bodies this the Universal Gravitational Force acting on that body at that instant of time and space (UGF). This UGF varies with time and space and configuration of Universe around it at that instant.

Hope you can spend a little time on my essay (" https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3416 ") in this contest to see how the above definitions in more detail.

I hope to have lively discussion with you on your thinking.

Best wishes for your essay!!!

=snp

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Sue Lingo replied on Apr. 19, 2020 @ 21:55 GMT
Hi Satyavarapu...

In that my essay explicitly request my readers' assessment of my application of Absolute Intelligence, as modeled therein, to a logic evaluation criteria for my essay, your thoughtful review of my essay is greatly appreciated,

By your assessment of my essay as "very logical", I am encouraged in my application of UQS mechanix to establishing verifiable communication...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Apr. 20, 2020 @ 04:17 GMT
Dear Sue Lingo,

Thank you for your interest on my essay and Dynamic Universe Model.........

You are confused, Probably I could not explain the whole of Dynamic Universe Model in two pages. There are No singularities in this model.....

I will answer all your observations, points by point........... First of all the important confusion you got is.........However, a conclusion...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Apr. 20, 2020 @ 04:29 GMT
Dear Sue Lingo,

Your words............Time-Space Energy as Cause's feeling of now, is indicative of a Logic Singularity... i.e. a feeling requires no Space, and now requires no Time.

REF Graphic Illustration: Cause Energy Pulsed Emergence as Space-Time Energy http://www.uqsmatrixmechanix.com/UQSMarcelMLTD.jpg

To facilitate an Origin Logic singularity in a Space-Time Energy...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Apr. 19, 2020 @ 17:05 GMT
Hi Sue.

Lovely essay. Original but bang on topic and an interesting 'computing' view. It's just so universally true and sadly influential that "Mental concepts can constrain perception".

I see you only have a 'trolling' score. Mine will help it's recovery.

Very best

Peter

Bookmark and Share
Peter Jackson replied on Apr. 22, 2020 @ 12:14 GMT
Sue,

Sorry I didn't comment on the specific central question your perceptive and well explained analysis posed. Having read my essay you should understand the answer & detailed explanation I give to your comment there.

Very Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Apr. 20, 2020 @ 06:01 GMT
Dear Sue Ligo,

Have a look at my other posts replying your post on my essay please....

Best

=snp

Bookmark and Share

John David Crowell wrote on Apr. 24, 2020 @ 20:14 GMT
Dear Sue. I liked your essay and I will comment on each of the statements in your summary based on the concepts of the model presented in my essay.. Mental models do constrain perception and new conceptual models predate major shifts in perception and understanding. Mental models are critical factors in one’s ability to function in one’s reality- can also be turned around to - functioning in...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Author Sue Lingo replied on May. 7, 2020 @ 11:11 GMT
Hi John...

Thank you for reading my essay with attention as required to make a comparative analysis between your Successful Self-Creation theoretical model, and my Unified Quantization of a Sphere (UQS) geometry model.

I have now read your essay, I do see similarities, and many of the seemingly dissimilar aspects are discipline specific language issues... e.g. I differentiate...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Author Sue Lingo replied on May. 7, 2020 @ 11:11 GMT
Hi John...

Thank you for reading my essay with attention as required to make a comparative analysis between your Successful Self-Creation theoretical model, and my Unified Quantization of a Sphere (UQS) geometry model.

I have now read your essay, I do see similarities, and many of the seemingly dissimilar aspects are discipline specific language issues... e.g. I differentiate...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
post approved

John David Crowell replied on May. 10, 2020 @ 21:45 GMT
Sue I replied to your response in my essay postings john

Bookmark and Share

Edwin Eugene Klingman wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 18:24 GMT
Hello Sue Lingo,

Thanks for you comment on my thread. I’ll try to relate our two essays.

I enjoyed your essay immensely. I not sure whether the computer-naive will appreciate your poetic analysis [think GW in your last essay] but I am computer competent and I loved it. I almost saw a Data General 1600 or Hewlett-Packard 2100 in front of me as you booted the hardware and the system...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

John David Crowell wrote on May. 13, 2020 @ 11:31 GMT
Sue I expressed my thanks for your reply in the “thread” posting of my essay. Thanks again. John

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on May. 14, 2020 @ 15:21 GMT
Hello, I am interested to know more your UQS for the sphere like I work about my theory of spherisation and these 3D coded quantum spheres. Regards

Bookmark and Share
Author Sue Lingo replied on May. 28, 2020 @ 06:26 GMT
Hi Steve...

Thanks for your interest in the Unified Quantization of a Sphere (UQS) model.

Please note that your essay is not currently listed in the FQXi "Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability" Essay Contest index?

Visualization of the emergence of the UQS Spatial Singularity as the 3D spherical geometry that encapsulates the Logic Point Singularity boundary...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on May. 28, 2020 @ 22:18 GMT
Hi , you are welcome, I have not made this Contest, I develop since many years here and improve it my theory of spherisation, an optimisation evolution of the universal spheres of future sphere with quantum 3D coded spheres and cosmological spheres, I consider coded particles to explain our geometries, topologies, matters and properties, I don t consider the fields to explain these geonetrisations, you can see the general ideas and developments on blogs and on the essays where I have answered, I like that the people utilise the spheres, I am happy for my general theory, fortunally people cannot plagiate it, it is coded particles and the generaliry is the spherisation , regards

Bookmark and Share

John David Crowell wrote on May. 16, 2020 @ 14:33 GMT
Sue. I have another posting on our posting thread for you to consider. Also Thanks for your reference to Jack James essay. You may find my posting on his essay interesting. Also you may be interested in how I answered Steve’s postings in our thread on my essay. John

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan Kerr wrote on May. 18, 2020 @ 14:57 GMT
Dear Sue,

I find this interesting to read, thank you. Please see my essay, which is in your area, and which is here. I hope there's time for you to see it - it uses a rational conceptual approach, involving analysis of the conceptual clues in trying to interpret quantum mechanics, before going to any of the mathematical aspects of the question.

The essay's main point is that there must be missing concepts. This is suggested by the lack of consensus, as well as by several aspects of the physics. So rational methods are put forward to search for these 'missing pieces of the puzzle', and it is pointed out that assuming we have all the pieces in front of us has held physics back many times in the past.

Best wishes, JK

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.