Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Bala Subramanian : on 5/18/20 at 10:03am UTC, wrote I thank my fellow researchers, authors and readers for their time,...

Pavel Poluian: on 5/18/20 at 6:16am UTC, wrote Dear Bala Ramanathan Subramanian! I was interested in your approach and I...

George Gantz: on 5/15/20 at 19:47pm UTC, wrote Bala - Thanks for your essay. I wish you had been able to elaborate...

Agus Budiyanto: on 4/27/20 at 21:42pm UTC, wrote Dear Bala, You raise some interesting questions in your essay. I'm not...

Bala Subramanian: on 4/10/20 at 19:04pm UTC, wrote Thanks Peter for taking the time to review and vote your sentiments. I will...

Peter Jackson: on 4/3/20 at 13:46pm UTC, wrote Bala, I agree an objective reality, inaccessible to and independent of...

Bala Subramanian: on 3/22/20 at 1:36am UTC, wrote Essay Abstract Objective reality, independent of humanity might...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Max? Why?" in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Steve Agnew: "Mueller opens his essay with... "As the argument goes, there are truths..." in Undecidability,...

Steve Dufourny: "Dear Lorraine, :) thanks a lot, I am touched by these words from you, take..." in The Present State of...

Dr Narayan Bhadra: "All the Honourable Scientists are cordially requested to feedback that we..." in Undecidability,...

Stefan Weckbach: "To shortly resume my main points here for a better understanding: I wrote ..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "The mass of the lion entity is not divided between different areas of high..." in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Jim Snowdon: "Since evolving on our rapidly rotating planet, we have used it`s rotational..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

Steve Dufourny: "a general universal clock of evolution irreversible correlated for me with..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 19, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: Interaction of the self with all else by Bala R Subramanian [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Bala R Subramanian wrote on Mar. 22, 2020 @ 01:36 GMT
Essay Abstract

Objective reality, independent of humanity might exist, but inaccessible except through imagination using logic, formalisms of various kinds such as mathematics, experiments with instruments of technologies, natural languages of cultures, emotions, invisible spiritual experiences, thoughts to mention a few; but unlikely to be found within or without an organic mind or neurological brains. The creation of artificial intelligence s and connecting them to aid the biological resources might enable humanity to experience realities of higher order kinds but never enough to reach infinities.

Author Bio

Bala Subramanian Ph.D. is an engineer, is a proposer of quantum sociology a methodology based on quantum mechanics for human deliverance. He argues for an incompleteness of intelligences without wisdom and points out the limitations of languages in communications and the futility of debates to resolve differences due to such limitations. His proposal to make bio societal collaborations without commerce might be a viable alternative to the predigital political economies for managing the ever-lacking realities.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Apr. 3, 2020 @ 13:46 GMT
Bala,

I agree an objective reality, inaccessible to and independent of ALL observation exists. Georgina Woodward rationalise, though more physically then you do.

I agreed with some of your concepts in my essay 3yrs ago on Consciousness.

Very short, but none the less an original & valid view. It's clear your 1.0 score was just trolling, (I also got one) and rest assured I have you down for a higher one.

A an engineer I'd hope you may also enjoy my essay here, rebuilding from more solid foundations.

Very best

Peter

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Bala R Subramanian replied on Apr. 10, 2020 @ 19:04 GMT
Thanks Peter for taking the time to review and vote your sentiments. I will review the article you have mentioned and react to it shortly .

Bookmark and Share

Agus H Budiyanto wrote on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 21:42 GMT
Dear Bala,

You raise some interesting questions in your essay. I'm not sure if you are aware of the omega point theory, which I think, is very relevant here. My essay may be relevant as well. I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on it.

Best regards,

Agus

Bookmark and Share

George Gantz wrote on May. 15, 2020 @ 19:47 GMT
Bala - Thanks for your essay. I wish you had been able to elaborate further, and to explore some i the questions you have posed but not pondered! The idea of life without organics is particularly interesting. My personal sense is that the pathway to consciousness is quite challenging and may REQUIRE a level of embodiment that is not achievable with any chemistry other than carbon. That, however, was not the point of my own essay - The Door That Has No Key: https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3494

I think the foundational architecture for the mysteries in the physical and mathematical realms is to be found in the features of autonomic consciousness. I hope you have a change to read my essay in the closing days.

Cheers - George Gantz

Bookmark and Share

Pavel Vadimovich Poluian wrote on May. 18, 2020 @ 06:16 GMT
Dear Bala Ramanathan Subramanian!

I was interested in your approach and I looked on the Internet for your other work. I also think that in order to understand man and society it is necessary to involve the principles of quantum mechanics. I also believe that in the Universe there is something like the cosmic Internet with which the human mind can communicate. But such a connection is dangerous (we all know about computer viruses). I agree with the research of Sir Roger Penrose in the field of Quantum Mind. All these issues are debatable and modern science concerns them. But this topic needs to be developed.

Yours faithfully -

Pavel Poluain,

Siberian Federal University

Bookmark and Share

Bala Subramanian wrote on May. 18, 2020 @ 10:03 GMT
I thank my fellow researchers, authors and readers for their time, thoughts, reactions and knowledge. I am sure everything humanity does to understand itself and its environs might someday lead to betterment. In the meantime we ought to indulge each other for trying.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.