Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discuss

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Bruce Camber: on 4/23/20 at 17:18pm UTC, wrote Bruce Camber re-uploaded the file Camber_3u.pdf for the essay entitled...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 4/22/20 at 10:05am UTC, wrote Thank you for your nice words on my essay. Thank you you for giving a...

Bruce Camber: on 3/16/20 at 23:24pm UTC, wrote It surely is fascinating to be introduced to such a diversity of people in...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 3/11/20 at 8:12am UTC, wrote Prof Camber, 'A simple mathematical model of the universe' is a simple and...

Bruce Camber: on 3/9/20 at 18:49pm UTC, wrote So very good to hear from you, Wilhelmus! It is wonderful how the tools of...

Bruce Camber: on 3/9/20 at 15:13pm UTC, wrote Thank you, Jack! Given my wife's extraordinary patience with me, I had to...

Wilhelmus de Wilde: on 3/9/20 at 10:49am UTC, wrote Dear Bruce, My attention was directly attracted when you mentioned the...

Jack James: on 3/8/20 at 22:54pm UTC, wrote Very cool and really interesting. Will take me a fair bit of time to...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

H.H.J. Luediger: "Even darker.... one can not easily downrate a racehorse to a donkey, but..." in Undecidability,...

Steve Agnew: "Well thank-you, you are very kind. I have come to appreciate the fact that..." in Quantum Dream Time

Samuel Parsons: "O also means a whole new universe in a box can be recreated a miniverse..." in Outside the Box

Samuel Parsons: "Is it 127? It's always comes back here. Just saying also I'm trying to..." in Outside the Box

Zeeya Merali: "INSPYRE, INternational School on modern PhYsics and REsearch, organized by..." in Welcome to INSPYRE 2020 -...

David Sloan: "Dear Alan, For any discussion regarding the essay contest, the contact..." in Undecidability,...

Jonathan Dickau: "Thank you Peter... For the kind words of explanation. It is looking like..." in From Cosmic Lighthouses...

Lawrence Crowell: "Tejinder, I was intrigued by your FQXi essay. Thanks for this reference to..." in Alternative Models of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Building Agency in the Biology Lab
Physicists are using optogenetics techniques to make a rudimentary agent, from cellular components, which can convert measurements into actions using light.

Think Quantum to Build Better AI
Investigating how quantum memory storage could aid machine learning and how quantum interactions with the environment may have played a role in evolution.

Outside the Box
A proposed quantum set-up that could predict your game-playing strategy resurrects Newcomb’s classic quiz show paradox.

The Quantum Agent
Investigating how the quantum measurement process might be related to the emergence of intelligence, agency and free will.

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

FQXi FORUM
May 25, 2020

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: Determinancy becomes unpredictable, uncomputable and undecidable by Bruce E Camber [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Bruce E Camber wrote on Mar. 8, 2020 @ 17:03 GMT
Essay Abstract

A simple mathematical model of the universe defines a range of domains, the dynamics of which are determinant and are also understood to inculcate the following: decidability [1], computability [2], and predictability [3]. Then comes a range of domains, the dynamics of which transition to indeterminate, yet become a very real transmogrification to Undecidability [4], Uncomputability [5], and Unpredictability [6]. By applying base-2 exponentiation to the Planck base units, the universe is parsed within 202 notations wherein which those domains can be further defined. There is a domain of perfection with no quantum fluctuations and a much larger domain of imperfection where quantum fluctuations become dominant.

Author Bio

1970: Engaged the 1935 EPR Paradox at the Boston Colloquium for the Philosophy of Science 1977: Victor Weisskopf (MIT) and Lew Kowarski (BU) opened the way to visit with John Bell at CERN. 1979: Coordinated a project at MIT to explore first principles as represented by 77 peer-selected, leading-living scholars. 1980: Worked with O. Costa de Beauregard and Jean-Pierre Vigier at the Institut Henri Poincaré. 2011: Challenged high school geometry classes to use base-2 exponential notation to follow the interior structure of basic geometries from the Planck Length and to the edges of the Observable Universe.

Download Essay PDF File
Note: This Essay PDF was replaced on 2020-04-23 17:17:58 UTC.

Bookmark and Share

Jack James wrote on Mar. 8, 2020 @ 22:54 GMT
Very cool and really interesting. Will take me a fair bit of time to digest, but I think the linked model and the discussion are fantastic, thanks.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Bruce E Camber replied on Mar. 9, 2020 @ 15:13 GMT
Thank you, Jack! Given my wife's extraordinary patience with me, I had to show her your response. It has been a long time (since December 2011) living with this model and it is about time it gets kicked around. Either it gets put out out to pasture (to die of old age) or it gets specially-and-critically textured and tailored to sit up straight and participate within this marching band we call reality! It's a scrappy little model; if it's worthy, it'll need a lot of work to begin doing some of the heavy lifting!

Thanks, again Jack.

-Bruce http://81018.com/alphabetical

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Mar. 9, 2020 @ 10:49 GMT
Dear Bruce,

My attention was directly attracted when you mentioned the Planck units.

However, you take them as a sole starting point of our Universe. You are right when you argue that they are NOT non-dimensional. BUT…going behind them is in my approach entering a non-dimensional point from where our realities emerge.

What I wonder about is when you are constructing space with Planck-spheres what is in-between these spheres, or am I understanding you now wrong?

I value your thinking (I have a subscription to “Our Universe in 202 Doublings) I don’t think that any of us (of course including myself) has the end-theory nor the reference of reference. If interested in my model pls see my participation in the contest .

Best regards and success in the contest

Wilhelmus de Wilde

Bookmark and Share
Author Bruce E Camber replied on Mar. 9, 2020 @ 18:49 GMT
So very good to hear from you, Wilhelmus! It is wonderful how the tools of the web help us to find each other. Even though I am clearly outside the academic mainstream, my very first encounter with your work was with "Realities Out of Total Simultaneity" (goes to your abstract). And, of course, I thoroughly enjoyed your response to my webpage: posted on January 5, 2019

At that time, my wife and I were in the process of moving. I am happy to report we are finally moved into a new, smaller home and we are getting settled in.

By the way, I am glad to have your latest article from within FQXi: Your FQXi article I'll start going through it most carefully.

Now, let me address your comments and question, "...what is in-between these spheres?" First, I never thought to ask! And quite possibly, there is a little less than nothing, not even the aether. Yet, within a few notations, I would guess that tetrahedrons and octahedrons begin filling all the space created by those planckspheres. Let me give a bit more thought... perhaps I can come up with a more satisfying answer. Thanks for asking! -Bruce

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Mar. 11, 2020 @ 08:12 GMT
Prof Camber,

'A simple mathematical model of the universe' is a simple and good unique presentation!

Bookmark and Share
Author Bruce E Camber replied on Mar. 16, 2020 @ 23:24 GMT
It surely is fascinating to be introduced to such a diversity of people in such a short time. I have been on several of your websites; my goodness, you have been working hard! I am now on your FQXi essay as well: A properly deciding, Computing and Predicting new theory’s Philosophy by Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta: https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3416 and I will work through that first! Thank you for you very gentle-and-polite comment. -Bruce

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Apr. 22, 2020 @ 10:05 GMT
Thank you for your nice words on my essay. Thank you you for giving a meberable essay with lots of references. An essay worth preserving for viewing at a later date.

I am giving my best appreciation just now

Best wishes

=snp

Bookmark and Share

Author Bruce E Camber wrote on Apr. 23, 2020 @ 17:18 GMT
Bruce Camber re-uploaded the file Camber_3u.pdf for the essay entitled "Determinancy becomes unpredictable, uncomputable and undecidable" on 2020-04-23 17:17:58 UTC.

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.