Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Donald Sydney: on 5/19/20 at 15:12pm UTC, wrote The Primary Particle by Donald Alfred Sydney This post is a correction to...

Pavel Poluian: on 5/15/20 at 17:34pm UTC, wrote Dear Donald! I was particularly impressed with your experience with...

Pavel Poluian: on 5/15/20 at 16:23pm UTC, wrote Dear Donald A. Sydney! Your original views made us very happy. Science...

Anonymous: on 5/8/20 at 15:04pm UTC, wrote Dear Donald Alfred Sydney There is no primary particle in the sense in...

Donald Sydney: on 5/7/20 at 16:30pm UTC, wrote The Primary Particle by Donald Alfred Sydney Since the primary particle...

Michael muteru: on 4/28/20 at 20:48pm UTC, wrote hello Sydney, great insight on the First(primary) particle very imaginative...

Noson Yanofsky: on 3/10/20 at 12:13pm UTC, wrote Dear Donald Alfred Sydney, Thank you for a very well written article. It...

Donald Sydney: on 1/27/20 at 19:03pm UTC, wrote To Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich: Thank you for your invitation to discuss...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Natalia Ares: "Natalia Ares, Oxford University https://www.youtube.com/embed/WuDqJHAR4Ew ..." in Machine Leaning for...

Marcel-Marie LeBel: "Georgina, There is no instantaneity along the rod or within the coffee. It..." in The Nature of Time

Stefan Weckbach: "Hi Lorraine, thanks for your explanations. I think I now better..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "Consider ice cream in hot coffee. They stay together, 'in time', as..." in The Nature of Time

Mykel Waggoner: "This is a link to a paper I wrote, as it explains how Quantum Entanglement..." in Alternative Models of...

Lorraine Ford: "Hi Stefan, Replying to your last couple of posts, this is the way I would..." in The Present State of...

Robert McEachern: ""There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in..." in Undecidability,...

Georgina Woodward: "Max? Why?" in Anatomy of spacetime and...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 21, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: The Primary Particle by Donald Alfred Sydney [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Donald Alfred Sydney wrote on Jan. 22, 2020 @ 11:13 GMT
Essay Abstract

An Abstract of the Primary Particle: This article will expound the possibility that there is a single particle composing all matter, a primary particle. The existence of this particle will explain how the big bang was initiated, the force between particles and unite the four forces into one force acting at different distances. This idea suggests that a strong electromagnetic force can act in the same manner that gravity does and geneate black hole and neutron star effects. A method that will test the existence of the primary particle is explained, since the particle generates an effect that can be verified. The existence of the primary particle would mean a paradigm shift in our understanding of the universe.

Author Bio

Donald A. Sydney Donald is a writer who has published a blog called a perfect universe. The blog contains articles with such titles as, language is the software of the brain, space stations are a means of colonizing every planet in the solar system, and the brain generates the mind. He is currently involved in a personal research project designed to answer basic questions about the universe such as what is consciousness, and what does it mean for the observer to influence the outcome of the quantum double slit experiment.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Jan. 26, 2020 @ 12:01 GMT
Dear Donald Alfred Sydney, you very beautifully described the Universe and the need for its construction of a single particle, as well as one force, which is converted into other forces:

"Because the force generated between particle can be attributed to one particle,

the four forces, strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetic and gravity can be considered to be one force acting at different distances. "

In my essay, such a force is shown - this is the Casimir force, i.e. more precisely the flow of force from the side of the Universe through the closed surface of the corpuscle, equal to the product of the Planck constant by the speed of light (generalized Gauss law). As I showed in the essay, it is this flow of force that determines the formula for the equivalence of mass and energy.

I invite you to discuss my essay, in which I show the successes of the neocartesian generalization of modern physics, based on the identity of space and matter of Descartes: “The transformation of uncertainty into certainty. The relationship of the Lorentz factor with the probability density of states. And more from a new Cartesian generalization of modern physics. by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich. "

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Donald Alfred Sydney replied on Jan. 27, 2020 @ 19:03 GMT
To Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich:

Thank you for your invitation to discuss your essay.

I would like to extent a similar invitation to you.

I am very interested in your opinion of the

consequences of a single particle

composing all matter.

Bookmark and Share

Member Noson S. Yanofsky wrote on Mar. 10, 2020 @ 12:13 GMT
Dear Donald Alfred Sydney,

Thank you for a very well written article. It is a very intriguing idea.

There is one phrase which I believe is not in your essay and that is "string theory." That is also a theory with one entity. A string also depends on vibrations. I was wondering how you compare these two theories.

There is no law of conservation of primary particles. As you write, they are created. I wonder if there is any type of symmetry with primary particles.

I invite you to look at my contribution and tell me what you think.

All the best,

Noson Yanofsky

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 20:48 GMT
hello Sydney, great insight on the First(primary) particle very imaginative and structured on ekpyrotic cosmology.can human thought and being bring out the ultimate picture of space-time in Darwinian evolution.please read/rate how anthropic bias affects how we eventually comprehend reality of the universe in my essay here -https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3525.Thanks all the best

Bookmark and Share

Author Donald Alfred Sydney wrote on May. 7, 2020 @ 16:30 GMT
The Primary Particle by Donald Alfred Sydney

Since the primary particle suggest that the four forces

are one force acting at different distances, I equated

the gravity field strength to the charge field strength.

The equation implies that there is a great

deal of energy in a small amount of charge.

m = k/g (q), k is coulomb's constant and g is the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on May. 8, 2020 @ 15:04 GMT
Dear Donald Alfred Sydney

There is no primary particle in the sense in which you write. There are primary relationships between particles. But, we can define a hypothetical fundamental particle, which satisfies certain conditions and around which all other significant particles that form matter appear. See here: https://vixra.org/pdf/1312.0141v2.pdf

Regards,

Branko

Bookmark and Share

Pavel Vadimovich Poluian wrote on May. 15, 2020 @ 16:23 GMT
Dear Donald A. Sydney!

Your original views made us very happy. Science needs courage! We rated your essay 10 points. Good luck! However, software brain tracking should be protected from viruses.

Truly yours,

Pavel Poluian and Dmitry Lichargin,

Siberian Federal University.

Bookmark and Share

Pavel Vadimovich Poluian wrote on May. 15, 2020 @ 17:34 GMT
Dear Donald!

I was particularly impressed with your experience with bottles. I also set a similar experience with a bottle. The experiment was called "Financial Quantum" and was supposed to demonstrate how money is atomized by dissolving in Russian vodka. This original installation was even shown at art exhibitions and on the pages of glossy magazines. For instance:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=30880818712
29851&set=a.377170032321062&type=3&theater

I will send the photo in a letter. I wish you success in all the original innovations!

Sincerely, Pavel Poluian

Bookmark and Share

Author Donald Alfred Sydney wrote on May. 19, 2020 @ 15:12 GMT
The Primary Particle by Donald Alfred Sydney

This post is a correction to the post I made on May 7,2020

Since the primary particle suggests that the four

forces are one force acting at different distances,

I equated the force between masses with the force between charges.

Since I let m1 equal m2 and q1 equal q2,

the equation that resulted was (m^2) = (k/g)(q^2).

k/g is coloumb's constant divided by the gravitation contant, which

equals (10^20)(kg^2/C^2)

The result was m = (10^10 kg/C)q

Therefore m = (10^10 )(q)kg

Since E= m(c^2), I can substitute my equation for mass,

which results in E = (10^10)q (c^2)

Energy equals 10 to the power of 10 times charge

times the speed of light squared.

The huge amount of energy in charge suggests an underlying

structure such as the primary particle that would

contain the energy.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.