Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 5/1/20 at 19:58pm UTC, wrote Dear Antoine, I invite you to read my essay and evaluate my ontological ...

Antoine Pinnock: on 4/28/20 at 21:06pm UTC, wrote Thanks for the up vote

Michael muteru: on 4/28/20 at 20:26pm UTC, wrote simple and straightforward. earned my good votes well done. can science...

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 3/24/20 at 19:30pm UTC, wrote Dear Antoine E Pinnock, it is true that in the definition of mass, matter...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 3/13/20 at 13:35pm UTC, wrote Dear Antoine, You presented good and important conclusions on the crisis...

Antoine Pinnock: on 1/23/20 at 14:52pm UTC, wrote Boris Thanks for your sentiment. From om my perspective unification it's...

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 1/23/20 at 10:44am UTC, wrote Dear Antoine E Pinnock, you well described the current situation in physics...

Antoine Pinnock: on 1/20/20 at 2:19am UTC, wrote Ok, thanks I will work on getting my ideas more refined, concise and to the...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Marcel-Marie LeBel: "Georgina, There is no instantaneity along the rod or within the coffee. It..." in The Nature of Time

Stefan Weckbach: "Hi Lorraine, thanks for your explanations. I think I now better..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "Consider ice cream in hot coffee. They stay together, 'in time', as..." in The Nature of Time

Mykel Waggoner: "This is a link to a paper I wrote, as it explains how Quantum Entanglement..." in Alternative Models of...

Lorraine Ford: "Hi Stefan, Replying to your last couple of posts, this is the way I would..." in The Present State of...

Robert McEachern: ""There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in..." in Undecidability,...

Georgina Woodward: "Max? Why?" in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Steve Agnew: "Mueller opens his essay with... "As the argument goes, there are truths..." in Undecidability,...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 21, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: An Introduction to Grand Unification by Antoine E Pinnock [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Antoine E Pinnock wrote on Jan. 18, 2020 @ 12:45 GMT
Essay Abstract

In essence, this paper is not an attempt to explain collapsed gas clouds, proto-planetary disks, Higgs bosons, neutrinos, black holes, dark matter, relativity or quantum mechanics, by way of filtered telescopic data, selective physical experiments, recursive mathematical patterns, complex differential equations, mathematical constants and infinities, or complex computer simulations; instead, this paper is simply an attempt to use basic sequential thought experiments, coherent standardized explanations, and plain standard language that can stretch across all fields of science, to conceptually explain, some of, the mechanisms and processes that facilitated the transfer of energy from the core of the Earth, to the first set of primordial ecosystems on the surface of the planet, or to conceptually explain, some of, the nuclear, chemical and physical properties of the newly formed planet, which culminated in the emergence of both water and life on the surface of the Earth

Author Bio

I AM INTERESTED IN ALL IDEAS FROM PHYSICS, MATHEMATICS, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, PHILOSOPHY, ECONOMICS, POLITICAL SCIENCE, ARCHEOLOGY, HISTORY, AND SO ON THAT CAN PROVIDE INSIGHTS INTO THE TRUE NATURE OF HUMANITY, AND THE TRUE NATURE OF THE BROADER UNIVERSE.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Charles John Sven wrote on Jan. 18, 2020 @ 21:23 GMT
Very astute in this essay are the identification of science problems and the corrective procedures necessary. It is just that they are buried in such long paragraphs that dilute their significance.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Antoine E Pinnock replied on Jan. 20, 2020 @ 02:19 GMT
Ok, thanks I will work on getting my ideas more refined, concise and to the point; however, this essay is a small part of a much larger puzzle that I'm work on;I will use your advice to shape my approach going forward.

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Jan. 23, 2020 @ 10:44 GMT
Dear Antoine E Pinnock, you well described the current situation in physics as a dichotomy that led to its bifurcation, i.e. to the division into numerous branches competing with each other. Bifurcation as a cancerous tumor struck physics, and the individual human consciousness is no longer able to contain all the developed theories that claim to be true of their knowledge of nature. There was a disappearance from physics of the foundation uniting it on which it stood. The concept of matter is no longer perceived as the basis of everything. I agree that to study matter it is necessary to distinguish its properties separately from each other. However, one should not separate them from matter itself and declare them to exist separately from it. For example, space is initially perceived by people as separately existing from matter. They believe that it is placed in it as in a container. A statement has appeared that matter exists in space and in time. However, it would be more correct to say that matter moves and forms space. I invite you to discuss my essay, in which I show the successes of the neocartesian generalization of modern physics, based on the identity of space and matter of Descartes: “The transformation of uncertainty into certainty. The relationship of the Lorentz factor with the probability density of states. And more from a new Cartesian generalization of modern physics. by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich ".

Bookmark and Share
Author Antoine E Pinnock replied on Jan. 23, 2020 @ 14:52 GMT
Boris Thanks for your sentiment.

From om my perspective unification it's not simply about unifying concepts within mathematics and physics only, but instead it is about uniting those concepts with concepts from fields such as chemistry and biology as well.

I will post a brief remark about energy, matter and space on your entire.

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Mar. 24, 2020 @ 19:30 GMT
Dear Antoine E Pinnock, it is true that in the definition of mass, matter and energy, the concept of motion and constant movement is definitely important to us. However, I believe that one should not think about a separate energy-independent existence of matter. I agree that the formula for the equivalence of mass and energy gives reason to think so, if by mass we mean only the amount of matter. Like, matter disappears and becomes energy. In my essay, I suggested understanding mass not only as the amount of matter, but also as the centrifugal acceleration of its rotation in the corpuscle. I believe that space during rotation goes into the state of matter, since it is matter.

Sincerely, Dzhechko Boris Semyonovich

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Mar. 13, 2020 @ 13:35 GMT
Dear Antoine,

You presented good and important conclusions on the crisis in the philosophical basis of fundamental science. Here you can recall the philosophical testaments of A.Einstein:

“At the present time, a physicists has to deal with philosophic problems to a much greater degree than physicists of the previous generations. Physicists forced to that the difficulties of their own science.”

“Often turn over the truths that are settled in physics and mathematics.”

Right, you have concluded:

"Thus, the incompatibility between the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics may stem, not from calculations about gravity or incorrect equations, but from the principle that both theories fail to account for some of the key components of the universe, one of which is the significance of processes that created life in the universe. ”

I believe that in addition to mental experiments, it is necessary to introduce in addition an Ontological standard for basification (substantion + justification) of theories that claim to be fundamental.

You are right: fundamental science needs new ideas, first of all, new ontological ideas in order to include the "LifeWorld" in an holistic scientific picture of the world.

Respectfully,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 1, 2020 @ 19:58 GMT
Dear Antoine,

I invite you to read my essay and evaluate my ontological ideas .

All the best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 20:26 GMT
simple and straightforward. earned my good votes well done. can science come to a consensus, that all we observe and measure is fed to us by our brain-universe interactions and decisions made on bias. pls read/rate here https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3525

Bookmark and Share
Author Antoine E Pinnock replied on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 21:06 GMT
Thanks for the up vote

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.