Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Peter Jackson: on 5/18/20 at 16:56pm UTC, wrote Madonna, Well time's nearly up and I didn't get to re-read it, to little...

Jonathan Dickau: on 5/7/20 at 20:46pm UTC, wrote This paper is a delight! Of course; it is a bit over the top and somewhat...

Michael muteru: on 4/28/20 at 19:54pm UTC, wrote beautiful essay. very inspiring questions.voted.i presume you were heading...

Madonna-Megara Holloway: on 3/31/20 at 16:47pm UTC, wrote Sorry for the delay Vladimir. Strange times indeed. My interpretation of...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 3/26/20 at 14:20pm UTC, wrote Dear Madonna-Megara Morgan-Helen Holloway, A very interesting and...

Madonna-Megara Holloway: on 1/28/20 at 16:49pm UTC, wrote I reduced the file size. Trying again.

Madonna-Megara Holloway: on 1/28/20 at 16:44pm UTC, wrote one of the jpgs did not load properly. Trying again.

Madonna-Megara Holloway: on 1/28/20 at 16:41pm UTC, wrote Thank you Branko - I looked at your site and decided to not expand my field...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "ps the clifford algebras also are important in my theory, the aim being to..." in Is Causality Fundamental?

Steve Dufourny: "what I find relevant is that he try to unify the electromagnetism and this..." in Is Causality Fundamental?

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Mr Snowdon, I beleive indeed that there is a link with the rotations of..." in The Nature of Time

Jim Snowdon: "Hi Steve, We are inclined to assume that time exists, as the..." in The Nature of Time

Steve Dufourny: "I repeat this simple general intuitive idea, what are your thoughts? .... ..." in Undecidability,...

Steve Dufourny: "You know Tejinder, I don t want to destroy the works of strings theorists,..." in Undecidability,...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Lockdown Lab Life
Grounded physicists are exploring the use of online and virtual-reality conferencing, and AI-controlled experiments, to maintain social distancing. Post-pandemic, these positive innovations could make science more accessible and environmentally-friendly.

Is Causality Fundamental?
Untangling how the human perception of cause-and-effect might arise from quantum physics, may help us understand the limits and the potential of AI.

Building Agency in the Biology Lab
Physicists are using optogenetics techniques to make a rudimentary agent, from cellular components, which can convert measurements into actions using light.

Think Quantum to Build Better AI
Investigating how quantum memory storage could aid machine learning and how quantum interactions with the environment may have played a role in evolution.

Outside the Box
A proposed quantum set-up that could predict your game-playing strategy resurrects Newcomb’s classic quiz show paradox.

FQXi FORUM
August 4, 2020

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: Wisdom is to know by Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway wrote on Jan. 9, 2020 @ 22:03 GMT
Essay Abstract

In the words of Rene Descartes “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” If you cannot do this then read no further. For as Socrates stated, “The only true wisdom is to know that you know nothing.” The question then becomes not Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability whose main objectives is to prove that science is correct and that there is no answer, there is no theory of everything as stated by the late Stephen Hawking who once proclaimed that String Theory may be able to unify the various forces although later he became disillusioned thinking that there may be no Theory of Everything; but what is wrong, what are we leaving out, why can’t we see it? Is it possible that mainstream science cannot pull all of the pieces together into a cohesive theory because they are missing something? The question is not what is the answer; the question is what’s the question?

Author Bio

NOE comes from the ancient text including the Vedas as translated by Dr DK Matai. President Xi Jinping references NOE Theory in his book ‘The Governance of China II’. Madonna-Megara Holloway (MMH) is a registered professional engineer with a degree in Chemical Engineering from Queens University, Canada. She is the coordinator of the Nature of Everything Theory (NOE) https://www.noe-theory.com, and is currently a PhD candidate at Cambridge University.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Jan. 13, 2020 @ 20:47 GMT
Hi Madonna-Megara.

First read this year and I feel you hit most of the salient points well. I tend to speed-read then review before scoring after reading a good number (so may comment again). It did seem very heavy on quotes, so lighter on your own analysis. I don't mind that (though some judges might!) and the quotes were certainly important and on topic.

I'd never come across Newtons words about 'substance' or maybe did when young and skipped over or forgot it. That's as Hermann Minkowski's "everywhere there is substance." I recently published a collaboration paper on that and the key; 'action at a distance' from which my own essay is being drawn. (advise if you'd like a link).

My one criticism perhaps was that it felt a little 'bitty', but you did follow through a common theme, maybe more than I gleaned at first read. Also I've already found that 'unifying' so many aspects in an essay format makes 'flow' very difficult.

Last point. You seem to 'accept' QM with few doubts. I hope I may point you to my last years essay, agreeing with Bell that; "..the founding fathers were wrong" on a key assumption, and identifying one allowing a classic derivation (verified by code & Plot in Trails essay). I hope you may have time to read and discuss that also, but of course wasted on those who can't 'question everything'!

Well done for a pleasant, informative and very relevant first read.

Peter

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate
Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 14, 2020 @ 18:10 GMT
Thank you, Peter, when targeting the audience, the specification was broad - essentially high school seniors to Ph D - with the added constraint of the page and character count. There was so much to say. The books of NOE are 2000 pages combined with 450 citations. To satisfy the more advanced reader I used links. I have attached two of the files; the first (PURE CONSCIOUSNESS) comes directly...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on May. 18, 2020 @ 16:56 GMT
Madonna,

Well time's nearly up and I didn't get to re-read it, to little time and to many to read! But I have come back to score it as promised. I hope to also pick up on the links you've posted at a later time. My score will higher than it's present undervalued rating. It's likely been hit by some 'tactical' 1 scores as mine has. I hope fqXi will finally act to discourage that.

Very best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway wrote on Jan. 14, 2020 @ 18:18 GMT
Sorry Peter - files are too big to attach. If you wish to dig deeper you may find the content at the links provided in the essay.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326719333_Pur
e_Consciousness_Non-Duality_Matter_Multiplicity_of_Forms_Ill
usion_and_Light_An_Excerpt_from_the_Secret_Doctrine_Volume_I
V

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335587487_THE_NATU
RE_OF_EVERYTHING_ON_QUANTUM_ENERGY_IPR_AND_THE_ANCIENT_TEXT

h
ttps://www.researchgate.net/publication/316897267_The_Unific
ation_of_Quantum_Mechanics_General_Relativity_and_Consciousn
ess_-_An_Excerpt_from_The_Secret_Doctrine_Volume_IV_The_Natu
re_of_Everything [accessed Jan 08 2020]

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox wrote on Jan. 16, 2020 @ 21:13 GMT
MMH,

Is there anything surprising that Xi Jinping would find validation of historic sociological acceptance of absolute rule in Chinese culture, in a philosophy which invokes an all encompassing 'wholeness' of 'everything'? The peculiar hallmark of localized 'Western' culture, is that inherent skepticism that we can not absolutely know anything for certain. That the theory of knowledge recognizes that we must start somewhere and can only choose to accept as axiomatic, some generalized subjective assumption. jrc

Bookmark and Share
Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 20, 2020 @ 17:43 GMT
Good morning John - did you know that President Xi, Jinping has a degree in chemical engineering and an LLD in law - equivalent to Ph D. As you said the western educational system accepts only axiomatic knowledge - coming from the West. However, the East countries are more willing to review alternatives. NOE belongs to the latter however I have tied it to the former and referenced the work of a plethora of scientists.

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Jan. 19, 2020 @ 23:28 GMT
Dear Madonna-Megara Morgan-Helen Holloway, I support your idea of ​​a fractal universe. In nature, there are no rectangular bricks from which you can build a continuous space without holes. These holes arise and they fill up, as Descartes believed, instantly, well, and we must assume that they fill up at the speed of light. Well, as for the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, I believe that it must be turned into the certainty principle of the points of space, which, according to Descartes, is matter.

I invite you to discuss some aspects of the neo-Cartesian generalization of modern physics, which I set out in my essay: “The transformation of uncertainty into certainty. The relationship of the Lorentz factor with the probability density of states. And more from a new Cartesian generalization of modern physics. by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich

Bookmark and Share

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway wrote on Jan. 20, 2020 @ 17:58 GMT
Quantised Black Holes and Fractional Spacetime

Why bother with Quantum Black Holes? Does the Universe have a Fractal structure? Where do the dualities and linkages lie between the micro- and the macro- Universe? Two recent important discoveries of physics -- the confirmation that neutrinos have non-zero mass, and the confirmation that the universe is ever-expanding, perhaps at an...

view entire post

attachments: Charm_Quark.jpg, Page_228_-_229_fermions.jpg

Bookmark and Share

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Jan. 26, 2020 @ 18:54 GMT
Dear Madonna-Megara Morgan-Helen Holloway,

I cannot agree with your comment:

- What are the implications of Quantised Spacetime -- space and time being granular, not continuous, at their smallest scales?

In my opinion it is:

What are the implications of Quantised Spacetime -- space and time being continuous, but not granular, at their smallest scales?

I would be grateful if you would also express views contrary to mine or point out errors in my essay.

Regards

Branko

Bookmark and Share
Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 27, 2020 @ 16:55 GMT
Good morning Branko. I wanted to give you a bit of background on the statement I made. I actually started my search in trying to understand the nature of time and space plus many other issues back in 1969 following an essay question on the wave particle duality of light in high school. I was deeply discontent with the status of scientific understanding. It has taken my 50 years and thousand of...

view entire post

attachments: Figure_106_Particle_of_Time.jpg, Page_261.jpg

Bookmark and Share

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 27, 2020 @ 17:00 GMT
One other point, when analysing the nature of consciousness the attached figure is given.

With warmest regards,

MM

attachments: Relativity_of_Consciousness_v2.jpg.png

Bookmark and Share

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Jan. 27, 2020 @ 22:24 GMT

Thanks for your reply.

Your emphasis on the importance of opposites is essential. You can see mathematically determined important opposites in physics here: https://www.gsjournal.net/Science-Journals/Essays/View/6423

R
egards

Branko

Bookmark and Share
Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 28, 2020 @ 16:41 GMT
Thank you Branko - I looked at your site and decided to not expand my field of sites. Right now, NOE Theory sits on ResearchGate and Academia plus a private think tank which I am an invited member.

It is important to note as indicated in footnote 478 (see attached):

478 “There is, of course, one final observation to be made: in terms of the present politics of publishing scientific papers, de Broglie's contribution could never have been published because it only essentially contains speculations. However, one can just as well say that this paper proves that speculations are an essential part of physics; without them, no new ideas and theories are born. Quantum mechanics has to be regarded as a true rupture in the history of physics, as a revolution in the philosophy of science — a revolution that desperately needed speculations and deviations beyond well-accepted ways of thinking.” P. Weinberger.

As of today, NOE has received 10,000 downloads from these two sites but as with de Broglie, since the theory appears to be speculation, I cannot get it published. The complexity lies in the lack of understanding in the source material. You will note on the topic of the photon there is a quote on page 347 and again on page 349. The topic is complex and obtuse. The reason I am stressing de Broglie, the photon and Einstein is because it relates to the new TOE, the long-sought-after theory of Hawkins.

Photons having matter means there is a density gradient centrifugation which creates a discontinuous gradient as the wave-particle descends to the 7th plane of the Cosmic Physical plane.

With regards and respect, MM

attachments: Page_347_to_348.jpg

Bookmark and Share

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 28, 2020 @ 16:44 GMT
one of the jpgs did not load properly. Trying again.

Bookmark and Share

Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Jan. 28, 2020 @ 16:49 GMT
I reduced the file size. Trying again.

attachments: Page_349_to_350.png

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Mar. 26, 2020 @ 14:20 GMT

A very interesting and important essay in the Cartesian spirit of doubt. You pose the right question: “What if there is just one "law" that defines reality absolutely, i.e., all additional theories are only its fractal or iterative projections?»

What is this “Law" that governs the Universe? What is its onto-logical “construction”? ... Pavel Florensky left a good philosophical testament to physicists and mathematicians: “We repeat: worldunderstanding is a spaceunderstanding”.

What is the ontological structure of space that establishes this Law of Cosmos (Universe)? What is the connection between “matter” and “space” (material / ideal)?

Planck and Einstein began more than a hundred years ago the Big Ontological coup in the foundations of science. But this coup was not completed. Any theory that claims to be fundamental must have an ontological justification (basification). Quantum theory and General relativity are parametric (phenomenological, operationalist) theories without an ontological basification. Therefore, it makes no sense to combine them, let each work on their own "field". Today, in order for science to overcome the crisis of understanding in a philosophical basis, the holistic paradigm — the Universe as a whole — must come to the aid of the mechanistic paradigm (atomic), the paradigm of the part.

Please explain what is the ontological structure at the base of your philosophical system and which can be the basis of knowledge in general?

Respectfully, Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
Author Madonna-Megara Morgana-Helena Holloway replied on Mar. 31, 2020 @ 16:47 GMT
Sorry for the delay Vladimir. Strange times indeed. My interpretation of your question is you are seeking to understand how does NOE Theory define the fundamental concept of reality.

Here is a short statement:

The Question is not what’s the Answer?

The Question is what’s the Question?

Is it all an elaborate Magic Show?

Is Reality an ephemeral Perception, an Illusion?

What is the framework of this Synchronised Matrix machine?

What triggers Darwin’s Puzzle: Evolution via Natural Selection?

Quantum Intelligence: Where does Space-Time come from?

Quantum Entanglement: Why does distance not matter?

Is there any answer save Unity Consciousness?

What’s Out There which Isn’t Within?

What we see, why it changes with Observation?

Ah! so, the Phantasm is just a Magic Show?

How then to decrypt it, why not harness it?

So go, go with the Fractal flow…

DK Matai, Holistic Quantum Relativity, “Quantum Coherence and Entanglement” Workshop, CERN, Geneva, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 19:54 GMT
beautiful essay. very inspiring questions.voted.i presume you were heading here anthropic bias. kindly read/rate my essay here-https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3525.your ideas are greatly appreciated.

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on May. 7, 2020 @ 20:46 GMT
This paper is a delight!

Of course; it is a bit over the top and somewhat derivative. But it was like a tour de force of fun ideas, all wrapped up in one document. I enjoyed what you have to say, and I find many points of agreement, and common threads. In fact; it is almost as though you harvested the fruit of seeds I planted 10-15 years ago. I was the original author of the Wikipedia entry on 'Fractal Cosmology' for example.

However; I almost have to out myself to give you a proper review, so here goes. Would you believe I'm a little like my namesake in "Doctor Strange" who studied the Mystic Arts for years before stepping aside to use some of the wisdom acquired to lead a 'normal' life? I used it to help my study of Physics too. You might like my Octonion poetry just published in the Scientific God Journal.

This paper is provocative and suggestive, but it lacks a certain definiteness that would make it a scientific analysis. You do address the questions raised by the organizers and think that the idea we need to examine the answers from what you call the etheric view, where life, mind, and consciousness are the driving power behind physical evolution is worthy of merit.

You get high marks from me, but not full credit. I would need to see more of your unique glue holding the ideas together in a congruent way. This work raises interesting questions but it does not offer a definite answer to those issues. So it is in a way incomplete. Still a lot more on topic than some essays, and you strive to explicate your own unique answers.

Best,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.