Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation

Previous Contests

Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest
December 24, 2019 - April 24, 2020
Contest Partners: Fetzer Franklin Fund, and The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Neil Bates: on 5/19/20 at 1:55am UTC, wrote Joe, You get credit for originality and sticking to your own guns, bro....

Vladimir Fedorov: on 5/15/20 at 10:54am UTC, wrote Dear Joe, Glad to read your work again. I greatly appreciated your work...

Lachlan Cresswell: on 5/2/20 at 12:47pm UTC, wrote Dear Mozibur Ullah, What a wonderful comment you have posted here. I hope...

marcovici alexandru: on 4/29/20 at 19:52pm UTC, wrote some irony in the tone, still if i replace the word visible with spatial...

Peter Jackson: on 4/29/20 at 10:38am UTC, wrote Joe, You posted you've 'had enough' But I feel you should modify and...

Michael muteru: on 4/28/20 at 19:29pm UTC, wrote thanks Joe,simple but self explanatory.. the searches come in handy.can all...

Peter Jackson: on 4/27/20 at 17:34pm UTC, wrote Hi Joe, You posted on mine that you'd replied there earlier and I hadn't...

Mozibur Ullah: on 4/27/20 at 3:12am UTC, wrote Dear Joe Fisher, I submitted an essay in the last competition but I wasn't...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "That is about the 'anatomy"" of spacetime." in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Lorraine Ford: "So what exactly is WRONG with physics, apart from the fact that physics..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "The perception generated of time difference relates to the potential..." in Anatomy of spacetime and...

Steve Dufourny: "Hello Jim, yes indeed in a sense we have these motions and we have invented..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

Jim Snowdon: "Hi Steve, Clearly we have motion in our Universe. It is not..." in The Quantum Clock-Maker...

Steve Dufourny: "You are welcome, thanks too for your words. I have never lost the faith..." in The Present State of...

Georgina Woodward: "Thank you. Good luck." in The Nature of Time

Lorraine Ford: "Rob, As you have not replied, I take it that you now concede that the..." in 16th Marcel Grossmann...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Quantum Clock-Maker Investigating COVID-19, Causality, and the Trouble with AI
Sally Shrapnel, a quantum physicist and medical practitioner, on her experiments into cause-and-effect that could help us understand time’s arrow—and build better healthcare algorithms.

Connect the Quantum Dots for a New Kind of Fuel
'Artificial atoms' allow physicists to manipulate individual electrons—and could help to reduce energy wastage in electronic devices.

Can Choices Curve Spacetime?
Two teams are developing ways to detect quantum-gravitational effects in the lab.

The Quantum Engine That Simultaneously Heats and Cools
Tiny device could help boost quantum electronics.

The Quantum Refrigerator
A tiny cooling device could help rewrite the thermodynamic rule book for quantum machines.

FQXi FORUM
September 17, 2021

CATEGORY: Undecidability, Uncomputability, and Unpredictability Essay Contest (2019-2020) [back]
TOPIC: WHY CAN’T Y’ALL SEE THING MY WAY? by Joe Fisher [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Joe William Fisher wrote on Jan. 7, 2020 @ 17:54 GMT
Essay Abstract

Every visible physicist who has ever lived has only ever been able to prove that only one real visible physical condition has ever existed. It is an irrefutable fact that all real matter has always had a real visible surface. There has never been a physical duality consisting of finite visible matter swirling round in invisible space. There have never been three finite length, width and depth spatial dimensions. Obviously, Nature must have permanently provided this singular visible reality, which preceded visible humans’ appearances on visible Earth and will continue to exist forever after visible humans’ and the visible Earth’s extinction. The problem with science is that it is totally reliant on its visible adherent’s capability for making supposedly finite assumptions about an imaginary Universe. They even try to make supposedly finite assumptions about each other’s supposedly finite assumptions. It is my hope that after reading my essay, you will see visible reality as I see it.

Author Bio

Self-taut (thinking makes me tense) visible Realis.

Download Essay PDF File
Note: This Essay PDF was replaced on 2020-03-23 19:12:06 UTC.

Bookmark and Share

Author Joe William Fisher wrote on Jan. 7, 2020 @ 22:00 GMT
Dear Fellow Essayists,

I suspect I got on your last nerves during the last contest by continually posting comments about my essay on your essays. I apologize for having done so. I promise that this will be the only comment I will leave during this essay contest.

Sincerely

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward replied on Feb. 8, 2020 @ 00:36 GMT
Joe, good that you have chosen to act differently this time around. I have read your essay. You start off explaining your views well and in places are rather eloquent. Then you change your presentation to give the results of numerous google searches. That does not work as well as the introduction, in my opinion. It seems to me to say more about the search engine than the foundational reality. Well done though for producing an essay FQXi has considered a valid entry. You already know from blog comments why I don't see things your way. Regards G.

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Jan. 18, 2020 @ 16:28 GMT
Dear Joe Fisher, I have long understood your concept and I would give you a prize, but I don’t have it. As always I can give a high mark, it’s a pity that it will not help you either. Here, all such well-read, everyone knows so many smart words and shuffle them like cards. Only you stand firmly as Giordano Bruno, claiming that matter has one visible plane. I also affirm, like you, that there is no space, but only matter, which forms our space. There is no matter, then there is no space. And further, space moves, as it is matter. Vortices of space form the world to which we belong.

Regards, Boris Dzhechko.

I invite you to discuss some aspects of the neo-Cartesian generalization of modern physics, which I set out in my essay: “The transformation of uncertainty into certainty. The relationship of the Lorentz factor with the probability density of states. And more from a new Cartesian generalization of modern physics. by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich »

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Rodney Bartlett wrote on Feb. 14, 2020 @ 06:23 GMT
In the abstract of your essay, you mention "the visible Earth's extinction" and in the essay's first section after the intro, you start a question with “Is there a theoretical — and preferably mathematical — framework …" In the spirit of other peoples' essays inspiring thoughts in me and my essay inspiring thoughts in others, I'd like to comment on those two things in your essay. My...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 27, 2020 @ 17:06 GMT
Hi Jo,

Inspiringly 'different' again, well done. Nice relief from Doctrinal 'same old'. My particular commendations for; "..infinite number of supposedly finite numbers".

also; "Time is simply an invisible idea." ..and;

Natures one visible reality. "It is infinite in shape and size and duration".

Though infinite in 'shape' did get me thinking!

Good not 'trolling' on other essays, but I'd hope you may read and comment on a few of them. I'm pretty sure you'd love mine as you're not too 'doctrinated'!

Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Joe William Fisher wrote on Mar. 23, 2020 @ 19:12 GMT
Joe Fisher re-uploaded the file Fisher_t_yall_see_thing_my_1.pdf for the essay entitled "WHY CAN’T Y’ALL SEE THING MY WAY?" on 2020-03-23 19:12:06 UTC.

Bookmark and Share
post approved
Peter Jackson replied on Mar. 23, 2020 @ 20:21 GMT
Hi Joe, There are many I haven't read once yet. I did yours & messaged you, but no response, yet. If you read and respond to mine I'll make the effort to return the compliment & read you new version.

Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 17:34 GMT
Hi Joe,

You posted on mine that you'd replied there earlier and I hadn't noticed, but I had. and did reply to that post! A bit strange, including your comment NOT to read your revised version!? I have it on my list to re-read, though after other first reads, and haven't scored it yet due to that, but do explain.

Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on Apr. 29, 2020 @ 10:38 GMT
Joe,

You posted you've 'had enough' But I feel you should modify and upgrade your explanatory methods rather than give up. I agree; "Not one physicist has ever proven that any empty space has ever existed. It has not. So Einstein’s silly musings about invisible curved space/time have nothing to do with reality." But such claims need sound sounding sounds (lol) to overcome cognitive dissonance and convince people to change their views. Most won't even understand you conception or it's implications so rejection is automatic.

Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Mar. 25, 2020 @ 15:13 GMT
Dear Joe Fisher, I already wrote that I began to see things in your opinion. However, the question immediately arose - what next? This is probably the most important thing in your essay - and then what? It is for this question that I give the highest rating and wish you to successfully overcome your visible surface and enter the road leading to success.

Bookmark and Share

Mozibur Rahman Ullah wrote on Apr. 27, 2020 @ 03:12 GMT
Dear Joe Fisher,

I submitted an essay in the last competition but I wasn't aware of your trolling but then again I tend to dip in just briefly. I've been trolled on other sites though and I can definitely say it's not a nice experience to be on the receiving end of it.

Still, its important that you have moved on from that attitude, it's not fair on other contributers and you've...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
Lachlan Cresswell replied on May. 2, 2020 @ 12:47 GMT
Dear Mozibur Ullah,

What a wonderful comment you have posted here. I hope many will read it.

I too have seen a Universe devoid of space and time, but glowing in a myriad of relationships between the various forms of energy. I am happy to be a 'relationship entity' in such a Universe, and that I feel that, in some way, it has been made comprehensible to me.

lockie Cresswell

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on Apr. 28, 2020 @ 19:29 GMT
thanks Joe,simple but self explanatory.. the searches come in handy.can all science be a production of human bias like the finite search listings in an infinite web. kindly read and rate here in my essay https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3525

Bookmark and Share

marcovici cristian alexandru wrote on Apr. 29, 2020 @ 19:52 GMT
some irony in the tone, still if i replace the word visible with spatial or detectable , the essay still make sense. "visible" has an advantage of offering the possibilities of jumping from some area to other area . regarding the theme i have mentioned in my essay about this whole unity thing with some examples i have not gone in to many detalies what i think is a good unfiying thing , whats make good aggregation, of things , also for the search engine i thing there could be used graphs beside words (already search has search by image)

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on May. 15, 2020 @ 10:54 GMT
Dear Joe,

Glad to read your work again.

I greatly appreciated your work and discussion. I am very glad that you are not thinking in abstract patterns.

While the discussion lasted, I wrote an article: “Practical guidance on calculating resonant frequencies at four levels of diagnosis and inactivation of COVID-19 coronavirus”, due to the high relevance of this topic. The work is based on the practical solution of problems in quantum mechanics, presented in the essay FQXi 2019-2020 “Universal quantum laws of the universe to solve the problems of unsolvability, computability and unpredictability”.

I hope that my modest results of work will provide you with information for thought.

Warm Regards, `

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Neil Bates wrote on May. 19, 2020 @ 01:55 GMT
Joe,

You get credit for originality and sticking to your own guns, bro. And it's interesting to see what Search results come up as.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.