Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Philip Chester: on 7/18/18 at 16:46pm UTC, wrote Good post. I find out something new and challenging on articles I...

ari saaput: on 7/17/18 at 12:31pm UTC, wrote Keluarnya cairan kuning, Obat Kencing Nanah kehijauan, putih atau bening...

funny jokes: on 6/29/18 at 7:07am UTC, wrote Oh! This article has suggested to me many new ideas. I will embark on doing...

john richard: on 6/19/18 at 10:18am UTC, wrote Hotmail support I-cloud support sbcglobal email support earthlink...

Mason Carl: on 6/9/18 at 7:34am UTC, wrote This Advanced studies are really making a big difference in market now....

Steve Dufourny: on 5/31/18 at 23:10pm UTC, wrote Hello Zeeya, Karl, Hector, Thanks for sharing, it is very...

Hector Zenil: on 5/24/18 at 17:17pm UTC, wrote Thanks. Yes, that link shows the prerequisites. I can add that at times...

Zeeya Merali: on 5/22/18 at 18:30pm UTC, wrote Perfect, thanks Karl!

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Angels Vedas: "Chrysotile used in this bracelet is indigenous to United States, India,..." in Constructing a Theory of...

Stefan Weckbach: "Robert, you wrote „But it would be a mistake to think that these..." in Grants awarded for...

Eckard Blumschein: "Rob, While it depends on the chosen reference whether a sinusoidal..." in Dissolving Quantum...

SEO Services: "We get the information about technology. Keep sharing ..." in Agency in the Physical...

Robert McEachern: "Eckard, "I just doubt that arbitrarily chosen phase reference... reflect..." in Dissolving Quantum...

Robert McEachern: "Stefan, "This would mean that a certain particle has some knowledge, some..." in Grants awarded for...

Lokesh Bisht: "Junk DNA is an unfortunate choice of name, since it immediately devalues..." in Are We Merging With Our...

Angels Vedas: "Beautifully designed Rose Quartz earrings drawn in sterling silver to bring..." in Constructing a Theory of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

Constructing a Theory of Life
An all-encompassing framework of physics could help to explain the evolution of consciousness, intelligence, and free will.

Usurping Quantum Theory
The search is on for a fundamental framework that allows for even stranger links between particles than quantum theory—which could lead us to a theory of everything.

Fuzzballs v Black Holes
A radical theory replaces the cosmic crunchers with fuzzy quantum spheres, potentially solving the black-hole information paradox and explaining away the Big Bang and the origin of time.

Whose Physics Is It Anyway? Q&A with Chanda Prescod-Weinstein
Why physics and astronomy communities must take diversity issues seriously in order to do good science.

FQXi BLOGS
December 19, 2018

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: New Online Course: Algorithmic Information Dynamics [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Blogger Hector Zenil wrote on May. 18, 2018 @ 19:54 GMT
Supported by the Foundational Questions Institute, a new MOOC (massive open online course) on the new and exciting field of "Algorithmic Information Dynamics" will be released on June 12ve by the Santa Fe Institute. The course offers a novel computational perspective to causality and living systems, from complex networks to reprogramming cells. You are all welcome to sign up for the course, for...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
post approved

funny jokes wrote on Jun. 29, 2018 @ 07:07 GMT
Oh! This article has suggested to me many new ideas. I will embark on doing it. Hope you can continue to contribute your talents in this area. Thank you.

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the forum administrator

report post as inappropriate

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.