Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Wikcy Lutz: on 6/5/19 at 3:41am UTC, wrote This is a not very horrendous blog I was really gotten with the bit of...

andrea gonzalez: on 6/1/19 at 3:45am UTC, wrote Great stuff buddy. Great post, I have read this post here I got very...

Louie Coleman: on 5/25/18 at 8:32am UTC, wrote I found this essay awesome! I can't believe that how people be creative...

Vladimir Fedorov: on 2/27/18 at 4:28am UTC, wrote Dear Robert, I highly appreciate your well-written essay in an effort to...

Anonymous: on 2/26/18 at 23:44pm UTC, wrote Hi Robert, We are both looking at gravity from different viewpoints. I was...

George Kirakosyan: on 2/25/18 at 11:00am UTC, wrote Dear Robert I am fully share your principles of judgments. It is very...

Robert Sadykov: on 2/24/18 at 20:42pm UTC, wrote Dear Cristinel Stoica, Thank you for your comment. Gravitation can be...

Robert Sadykov: on 2/23/18 at 22:52pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir Rogozhin, One can agree with John Wheeler that philosophy is...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

amy jones: "Google Pay provides its customers with a wide range of Google Pay Customer..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Georgina Woodward: "Re. ant behaviour: More ants are attracted by the chemical trails left by..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "To wipe away dead ants or not was an oversimplification. It depends on..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "Newton's space and time permit grandfather type paradox and time reversal...." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in First Things First: The...

Robert McEachern: "The Tegmark Paradox: "Tegmark asks whether physicists posses skills that..." in Building an AI physicist:...

Georgina Woodward: "The filled space is not space-time as that's the space 'inhabited' by..." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Eckard Blumschein: "Notions like bottom and top belong to particular models. Ellis is certainly..." in Downward causation:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
August 22, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: Double foundation of gravity by Robert Sadykov [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 5, 2018 @ 19:34 GMT
Essay Abstract

In the process of analyzing a large number of experimental facts and astronomical observations, two fundamental properties of gravitation were found. It is about the primary properties of gravitation, which ultimately form a large variety of its manifestations. The obtained results became the basis for creating an alternative theory of gravitation.

Author Bio

Hometown: Almetyevsk Alma mater: Kazan University

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 5, 2018 @ 19:41 GMT
A little over a century ago, a fairly large number of questions addressed to the physicist could be answered that this is electricity. Today, many questions can be answered: it is gravitation. Indeed, gravitation has penetrated almost all branches of physics, including special relativity, optics, particle physics, quantum physics and high-energy physics. The degree of penetration is so great that the scope of relativity can completely go over into the scope of gravitation. This is convincingly shown in this essay. It is usually assumed that gravitation is nothing more than gravitational forces and these are the weakest forces from the four known interactions. In reality, gravitation has a sufficiently large number of different manifestations and the observed effect of gravitational forces is just one of many consequences from two fundamental gravitational effects. Another known gravitational phenomenon - gravitational refraction of light is also a derivative from the more fundamental effects. More details are presented in the essay.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 6, 2018 @ 11:40 GMT
The speed of light is a fundamental? How will You answer this question if You learn that the speed of light is completely formed by gravitation? All details are presented in the essay.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 7, 2018 @ 12:04 GMT
It is very difficult to imagine anything without energy. But, what is more fundamental - the potential or kinetic energy? Maybe they are equally fundamental? The answers to these questions are contained in the essay.

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 8, 2018 @ 07:33 GMT
What is more fundamental - time or movement? The answer received in this essay as a consequence may seem somewhat unexpected.

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 16:22 GMT
Time is synonymous of motion total.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 13, 2018 @ 06:12 GMT
In the special theory of relativity, the dilation of time has a strictly symmetrical character. However, in reality, this symmetry is violated. The reason for the violation is shown in the essay and this is certainly gravitation.

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 14, 2018 @ 14:30 GMT
Dear Prof Robert D. Sadykov

You have nicely analyzed the two fundamental properties of gravitation in the light of STR and GTR... Telling that Gravitational Bending of light is a fundamental property of light... Have a look at my alternative theory of gravitation..... "Dynamic Universe Model" also.

I hope you will not mind that I am not following main stream physics...

By...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 06:26 GMT
Dear S.N.P. Gupta,

I thank You for your comment. I will certainly read your essay.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 16:13 GMT
Dear Robert Sadykov, Considering movement photon's in gravitational field, you come to conclusion: “The conclusion is that kinetic energy is themost fundamental form of energy and any potential energy, including the internal energy of particles, is ahidden form of kinetic energy “ In the New Cartesian Physics shown, that formula mass – energy equivalence occurs from pressures Universe's. Your reasonings not suffice identities spaces and matters Descartes'. When Copernicus began to assert that the Earth revolves around the Sun, he had, according to Descartes, to add that along with the Earth around the Sun, the entire circumsolar space rotates. Look at my essay, FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich Where I showed how radically the physics can change if it follows this principle. Evaluate and leave your comment there. I highly value your essay; however, I'll give you a rating after becoming acquainted with the Descartes' idea. Do not allow New Cartesian Physics go away into nothingness, which wants to be the theory of everything OO.

Sincerely, Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich.

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov replied on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 07:23 GMT
Dear Boris Dizhechko,

On the key points, I fully agree with You. Indeed, space has a certain set of physical properties and therefore it is matter or substance. Of course, the properties of this substance are different from the properties, for example, of an electron. But the available properties are sufficient for the recognition of space as a substance. Gravity as a phenomenon in one way or another is related to the properties of space. Regarding energy. If any potential energy is a hidden form of kinetic energy, then any substance that has its own energy must consist of structures or elements that have zero rest mass and are moving at the speed of light. For example, an electron can be a ring-shaped closed string that has zero rest mass and rotating at the speed of light. Under these conditions, the zero mass of the string forms the usual non-zero mass of the electron. Other implementations are also possible, but some kind of movement or - in your terminology - vortices should be. I give You a high rating.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 15:18 GMT
Dear Robert Sadykov from your essay shows that you study the gravitational field very seriously and professionally. In New Cartesian Physics there are two forces: the pressure force of the Universe and the centrifugal force of rotation of the physical space. The other force is a combination of both.

I wish you success, Dizhechko Boris

Bookmark and Share

Bashir Yusuf wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 18:18 GMT
Dear Robert Sadykov

Your essay is very intresting topic. I think we agree many points, concerning the Nature of Gravity and Photon.

"gravitation has a sufficiently large number of different manifestations and the observed effect of gravitational forces is just one of many consequences from two fundamental gravitational effects." Which I agree.

Here is my essay that I think you may be Interested, and I would like your comments.

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3143

Best wishes

Bashir

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov replied on Feb. 18, 2018 @ 10:42 GMT
Dear Bashir Yusuf,

I will definitely find time to read and comment on your essay.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Edwin Eugene Klingman wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 19:30 GMT
Dear Robert Sadykov,

Thank you for a fascinating essay. Your diagrams are clear and well described in the text. While not completely compatible, our essays complement each other; we both consider photons in local gravity. For example, what you term the "gravi-kinetic" effect is represented in eqn (1) in my essay. I appreciated your mention of the Sagnac experiment as demonstrating constancy of the speed of light relative to the earth. This constancy predicts the null results of the Michelson-Morley experiment.

In my essay I argue against length contraction (see my reference 10) which I believe you may represent as "gravi-contraction". Since you do not discuss the associated wavelengths of the photons, I wonder if 'gravi-contraction' is equivalent to changes in wavelength of the photon? I hope you will extend your theory to cover photon wavelengths.

We also discuss "the dilation of local time". In my essay I reinterpret time-dilation from Einstein's space-time symmetry to an energy-time principle that is based on changes in energy. This seems to be compatible with your energy-based model. You note in a comment above that "the dilation of time has a strictly symmetrical character", but, in reality, the symmetry is violated. I agree 100%, as this is seen in the Global Positioning Sysytem.

We are led to the same conclusions, such as that light emitted from an accelerated proton is constant relative to the earth, but not relative to the proton.

Finally, while our particular models differ somewhat, I agree with you that kinetic energy is the most fundamental form of energy and provides the basis of mass.

Thank you for a fascinating and excellent essay. I hope you will read my essay and comment on it.

My very best regards,

Edwin Eugene Klingman

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov replied on Feb. 18, 2018 @ 07:41 GMT
Dear Edwin Klingman,

In nature, everything is interconnected and, of course, time is connected with energy. Besides, time is associated with inertia, momentum, movement and space. The question is what connections are short and direct, and which are indirect? Let us consider these connections on the example of an electron. If the internal energy of an electron is kinetic energy, then any...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Edwin Eugene Klingman replied on Feb. 20, 2018 @ 01:41 GMT
Dear Robert Sadykov,

We have very similar models of the electron, as 'confined kinetic energy'. I derive mine from the nonlinear equations(1) in my essay. And we seem to agree essentially on 'proper time' as it relates to these models. And that light emitted from an accelerated proton has constant speed relative to the Earth (or source of local gravity), not relative to the proton (or its 'inertial frame'.)

I agree that length contraction can be put aside for the future, but I still hope that you will investigate a wavelength formulation of your model.

Thank you again for stating that "the rate of time flow in different frames of reference can differ very much, but any two events that are simultaneous in one reference frame are also simultaneous in any other reference frame."

Thanks for writing an excellent essay and entering it in the contest. Good luck.

Edwin Eugene Klingman

Bookmark and Share

Christian Corda wrote on Feb. 19, 2018 @ 10:09 GMT
Dear Robert,

Being a physicist of gravitation, I found your Essay very interesting. Here are some comments:

Your remark that the energy of the gravitational field is absent (I suppose that you mean that it is locally absent) seems consistent with Einstein Equivalence Principle (EEP) which has today a strong, unchallengeable empiric evidence. You stressed that your approach is consistent with the existing proportionality between inertial mass and energy. In order to have full consistence with EEP you need also to find an equivalence between inertial mass and gravitational mass (which is currently tested with the enormous precision of 1 part to 10000 billions). Do you obtain such an equivalence in your approach? Also notice that, if such equivalence is present in your theory, this should imply that your theory should be a good approximation of a full metric theory of gravity (general relativity or an extended theory of gravity). This should be very intriguing and a confirmation that your approach is correct.

In any case, you wrote a nice and entertaining Essay, deserving my highest score.

Maybe you could be interested in my Essay, where I discuss on gravitation and unified field theory ... with Albert Einstein!

Good luck in the Contest.

Cheers, Ch.

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov replied on Feb. 19, 2018 @ 14:05 GMT
Dear Christian Corda,

If Albert Einstein again visits You, then thank him for creating a special and general relativity. These theories do not let physicists and lyricists get bored for more than a hundred years. The world would be less colorful without gravity waves, black holes and the expanding Universe. The intersection of general relativity with quantum mechanics and, as a consequence of this, the emission and evaporation of black holes adds additional colors to the world picture. Your essay produces a very good impression.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Feb. 20, 2018 @ 10:17 GMT
Dear Robert,

Very deep analysis and ideas aimed at overcoming the crisis of understanding in fundamental science. Today, the broadest competition of ideas is needed, especially in cosmology . I would just add an ontological justification (basification) for your conception. In physics, it is necessary to introduce the Ontological standard of substantiation of fundamental theories. Physicists and poets should have a single picture of the Universum as an holistic generating process, filled with the meanings of the "LifeWorld" (E. Husserl).

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir Rogozhin

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov replied on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 22:52 GMT
Dear Vladimir Rogozhin,

One can agree with John Wheeler that philosophy is too important to be left to the philosophers. Indeed, philosophy plays a very important role in physics. Moreover, physics began with philosophy. A classic example is the philosophy of Aristotle. Every important step in physics took place with the participation of philosophy. This concerns the creation of both classical and relativistic mechanics. Newton was equally a physicist and philosopher. The general theory of relativity was created under the impression of the works of several philosophers, and above all Mach. In addition, philosophy plays an important role in the generalization of the physical knowledge obtained and allows us to look at everything that is happening from the height of the stars.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

Cristinel Stoica wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 16:19 GMT
Dear Robert,

I am pleased to see fresh ideas on the foundations of established theories, in particular I am interested in the Mach principle. Although I am very happy with GR, I think new fresh views deserve investigation and more considerations, either to check again the foundations, or to increase our understanding. Understanding the foundations is needed, especially since we want to see how GR stands in relation to QT. I wish you good luck in the contest!

Best regards,

Cristi Stoica, Indra's net

Bookmark and Share

Author Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 24, 2018 @ 20:42 GMT
Dear Cristinel Stoica,

Thank you for your comment. Gravitation can be associated with quanta not in the sense of quantizing the gravitational field as it is realized with the electromagnetic field, but vice versa. The gravitational field remaining a continuous space with the properties of a refracting medium can use the quantum properties of a test particle for the gravitational acceleration of this particle (Section 11). As a consequence, the internal energy of the test particle is converted into the external kinetic energy of this particle (Section 13).

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 25, 2018 @ 11:00 GMT
Dear Robert

I am fully share your principles of judgments. It is very right your point about controversial of existing interpretation of gravity phenomena, especially on relation to non equality of different representation of gravity energy. It just show that the physical essence of gravity remains still yet unclear on 100% as it has in the time of Great Newton. The successes of GR as will as of many other alternative equal theories we must see as the technical advance only, that we need explain yet from the cognitive viewpoint. From this side, I think really that your approach can be very valuable - i.e. to look gravity as aftermath of some kinetic process.

This is not only empty-favorable words, but the dynamical imagination of gravity can be change everything in this sphere and bring to opening this unsolved great mystery of nature. Thus, I can surely tell that you move on the right way, then I need to wish you success in the contest.

Best Regards

P.S.

Check here (Article) when you will find good time.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 23:44 GMT
Hi Robert,

We are both looking at gravity from different viewpoints. I was not familiar with the Sagnac effect .... very interesting. Some of your concepts can fill in gaps in my "space-time" which I claim has something like an index of refraction.

Check out my essay and view the diagrams, one of which shows an interesting ether that moves with the earth (it is dark energy).

You can also view my website, and say hello via e-mail. www.digitalwavetheory.com

High marks on your essay. It is not that it is perfect, but it is breaking ground on the most fundamental of fundamentals (in terms of physics).

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Feb. 27, 2018 @ 04:28 GMT
Dear Robert,

I highly appreciate your well-written essay in an effort to understand.

Your essay allowed to consider us like-minded people.

I hope that my modest achievements can be information for reflection for you.

Vladimir Fedorov

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3080

Bookmark and Share

Louie Coleman wrote on May. 25, 2018 @ 08:32 GMT
I found this essay awesome! I can't believe that how people be creative like this. You have marked everything clear with statements and definitions. Great! I'm sure every reader will leave it with clear evidence. It seems like a professional essay written by an experienced writer. I appreciate it. You must have tried joining a custom essay writing service so you can get much opportunity to write more essays.

Bookmark and Share

andrea morewar gonzalez wrote on Jun. 1, 2019 @ 03:45 GMT
Great stuff buddy.

Great post, I have read this post here I got very useful information. This is a very useful article

for online review readers. Keep it up such a nice posting like this.

LIC Plans

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.