Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

John-Erik Persson: on 3/13/18 at 18:03pm UTC, wrote Don Limuti Thanks for interesting discussions. If you see this you may be...

Robert Sadykov: on 2/27/18 at 6:02am UTC, wrote Dear Don Limuti, Your essay seems very interesting to me. I wish success...

Juan Ramón González Álvarez: on 2/27/18 at 1:19am UTC, wrote "Historically we have thought of Space-Time as a void (nothing) within...

Don Limuti: on 2/26/18 at 22:27pm UTC, wrote Hi Jeff, I considered whether my essay was on topic. I believe it fit the...

Jeffrey Schmitz: on 2/26/18 at 21:14pm UTC, wrote Don, I am doing some "speed" reviewing. This is well-written and presented...

Giovanni Prisinzano: on 2/26/18 at 17:52pm UTC, wrote Don, I have to correct my previous post. Your theory does not just go...

Giovanni Prisinzano: on 2/26/18 at 17:31pm UTC, wrote Hi Don, your essay is dense and well written. It's also nice on a graphic...

Maxim Khlopov: on 2/26/18 at 10:13am UTC, wrote Dear Don, Your interesting essay offers new ideas on the nature of gravity...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

andrea gonzalez: "Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up. If want to collect free gift card..." in Memory, Causality and...

Ian Durham: "Well, Lorraine, if you insist on seeing it that way, I doubt anything I say..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in First Things First: The...

Poker Online: "https://www.jakartapoker.net/" in Downward causation:...

Enquire us: "Your Ro system desires regular maintenance to confirm it’s continually in..." in Agency in the Physical...

Enquire us: "Our country lies majorly in the tropical belt with a number of cities and..." in Agency in the Physical...

Dermatologist Jaipur: "Enquireus.com is Free Business Listing, Advertising Sites India, Yellow..." in Ed Witten on the Nature...

Dr Gupta: "If you are looking for a best doctor for your health then you don't need to..." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
August 23, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: The Thing That Is Space-Time by Don Limuti [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Don Limuti wrote on Jan. 31, 2018 @ 20:32 GMT
Essay Abstract

Numbers are fundamental to mathematics, sounds are fundamental to language, bits are fundamental to information processing, atoms are fundamental to ordinary mass, and cells are fundamental to living things. In general we know about our world by building with simple “fundamentals” to get our complex reality. Historically we have thought of Space-Time as a void (nothing) within which the stars exist and where we live our lives. This changed about 100 years ago when Einstein argued successfully that Space-Time had the property of being curved. All of a sudden Space-Time became a thing that had properties. This essay will focus on an aspect of light (electromagnetic radiation) and show that it has a fundamental aspect that can be interpreted as a quantum mechanical particle having mass. It will be argued that accumulations of this fundamental precursor of the photon on a large scale creates Space-Time with its curvature (aka gravity). This quantum mechanical particle will be called a graviton.

Author Bio

Don Limuti created this essay at Einstein’s Bagels in Missoula, Montana, where he invoked the spirit of Einstein while contemplating the perfect torus. He has a bachelor of Engineering degree from the City College of NY and has garnered multiple patents for multiple companies. He created and maintains the website digitalwavetheory.com This essay was written to honor one of his heroes Sir Roger Penrose.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Christian Corda wrote on Feb. 1, 2018 @ 11:04 GMT
Hi Don,

It is a pleasure re-meeting you here in FQXi.

You wrote a very interesting Essay. Einstein vision's of gravity is indeed the first motivation because I became a researcher. Thus, I appreciate your efforts. In particular, I like your statement that

"graviton theory extends general relativity without changing it significantly"

I also have the idea that general...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 1, 2018 @ 19:36 GMT
Hi Christian,

Thanks for your generous comments, which I appreciate very much. I look forward to reading your current essay because I liked your last one on Einstein very much. Like many I forget that Einstein may have been a genius but he still worked hard and had to overcome many obstacles.

I say I am trying to extend general relativity, but it is not in a way that changes it. Einstein started with "mass curves space-time". What I am attempting is to explain how does mass accomplish this task.

I look forward very much to reading your essay and visiting your blog.

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Feb. 1, 2018 @ 17:42 GMT
Dear Don Limuti,

FQXi.org is clearly seeking to confirm whether Nature is fundamental.

Reliable evidence exists that proves that the surface of the earth was formed millions of years before man and his utterly complex finite informational systems ever appeared on that surface. It logically follows that Nature must have permanently devised the only single physical construct of earth...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti wrote on Feb. 1, 2018 @ 19:51 GMT
Hi Joe Fisher,

Joe you have me worried. I think I am beginning to understand you ....a little. I look forward to reading your essay.

In a way all we can see is surfaces. We never see or know "the thing in itself". The ancients knew this and talked about "attributes" and quantum physicists know this and talk about "observables".

I grew up in Brooklyn NY, and we have a saying there: "The truth may set you free, but what you really want to know is how much it is going to set you back".

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Ajay Pokhrel wrote on Feb. 4, 2018 @ 06:38 GMT
Hello Don,

Well written essay; although I understood your essay partially (because of my qualification as I am a high school student). Your first line is what my essay shows. I liked your last line which is inspiring for a physicist.

Please discuss and give feedback on my essay

Kind Regards

Ajay Pokharel

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Feb. 8, 2018 @ 18:20 GMT
Don,

I like your style, your website (that I've bookmarked) and your out-of-the-box concepts. You have an impressive collection of materials and concepts in your essay. I like your graviton-oriented explanation of dark matter and dark energy. Neither is explained by conventional physics (Standard model) and elementary particles. Our essays share references to current scientific events and phenomena -- LIGO detectors and laser measurements considered.

Good luck on the contest.

Jim Hoover

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Feb. 9, 2018 @ 10:45 GMT
Dear Don,

Good to meet again in the newest contest. I really like these FQXi contests because you can receive thoughts from other thinkers on your ideas, like your approach.

In the first paragraph of your abstract, you gave in my opinion already the indication of causal emergence (each new layer of emergence influences the next one). I don’t know if you can underwrite...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti wrote on Feb. 10, 2018 @ 03:10 GMT
Hi Wilhelmus,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a little slow in getting started in this essay contest. And I look forward to visiting your essay.

In answer to your questions:

1. The question of emergence usually puts me in a spin. Does life emerge from the universe or does the universe emerge from life. I am in the vortex of the snake eating itself (Ouroboros). In this essay...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Feb. 10, 2018 @ 08:27 GMT
Dear Don,

1. "Does life emerge from the universe or does the universe emerge from life. I am in the vortex of the snake eating itself (Ouroboros)" If there was no consciousness what would be the "universe"? The origin of the"self-awareness" of reality is consciousness in my perception. This self-awareness is limited by both the time and space dimension that emerge from Total Simultaneity...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 10, 2018 @ 16:47 GMT
Hi Wilhelmus,

Consciousness without a universe ....could be.....can you prove it?

A universe without consciousness ....could be.....can you prove it?

You may may be able to experience either condition but it would be a personal experience in the realm of mystical/religious experience (in my opinion). You could form a church to promote either view and then make the other view...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

John Brodix Merryman wrote on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 15:24 GMT
Don,

While I should read it several times, my experience with harmonics is not deep enough to fully connect with the evidence.

That said, there is a sense of getting the bigger picture.

My sense though, is the whole Big Bang/expanding universe is a dead end.

That what Hubble discovered, with redshift, was evidence of Einstein's original Cosmological Constant. That...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 19:52 GMT
Hi John,

Thanks for visiting. Yours was the one of the first essays I visited...of course because it dealt with space. I liked it and think you me and Penrose are suspicious of the big bang.

Comments:

1. I tried to make a simple analogy between a guitar string and my postulated graviton. And I could have done a better job of it. I wanted to convey that the graviton like the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Luca Valeri wrote on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 15:26 GMT
Hi Don,

When I was preparing my essay for the essay contest, I had to think sometimes at your presentation of the Zeno's paradox. I also went sometimes to your website. The reason is because I wanted to derive the observable properties and their quantification by simple 'physical' symmetry transformation. And certainly there is a relation between measuring a distance as difference of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 21:55 GMT
Hi Lucas,

Thanks for visiting my essay and my website. Really, that makes you part of a select group :)

Your question: "Still I tried to defend a Copenhagen view on quantum mechanics. I wonder, what you think about."

Answer: When you are stuck with the Schrodinger equation and the standard model as your tools, then Bohr's Copenhagen view (particle and wave ...depending) can...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 16:48 GMT
Dear Don Limuti, you have a beautiful essay. Numbers are fundamental to mathematics, sounds are fundamental to language, bits are fundamental to information processing, atoms are fundamental to ordinary mass, and cells are fundamental to living things.On the basis of identity of space and matter Descartes Foundation for fundamental theories is the physical space which is matter and which is moving. Look at my essay, FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich Where I showed how radically the physics can change if it follows the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes. I hope you will not leave without attention to this principle and appreciate good New Cartesian Physics for his radicalism

Sincerely, Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich.

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 12, 2018 @ 03:22 GMT
Hi Dizhechko Boris,

Good to be with you in another contest. And thanks for your kind words about my entry.

I hope you noticed that in my essay I have developed a theory that has both matter and space as having mass. Descartes was very insightful! Also you should have also noticed that I have a diagram that shows the vortexes produced by gravity. Descartes on the ball again!

Be sure to reference my essay in your New Cartesian physics :)

I'm on my way to your site to comment and vote for a fine essay.

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Feb. 12, 2018 @ 09:45 GMT
Dear Don Limuti, I sure to reference your essay in New Cartesian physics. To say that space and matter consist of mass is the same thing, that to say the space, which matter, moves, because according to the formula of mass-energy equivalence , mass is the energy of motion. Time is a synonym for the movement. For thinking that we ought to praise each other. Look at my page,

FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich Where is the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes. I hope you will not disregard this principle.

I wish you success in the contest.

Sincerely, Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich.

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 13, 2018 @ 12:07 GMT
Hi Prof Don Limuti

Very good work ......." All of a sudden Space-Time became a thing that had properties. This essay will focus on an aspect of light (electromagnetic radiation) and show that it has a fundamental aspect that can be interpreted as a quantum mechanical particle having mass. It will be argued that accumulations of this fundamental precursor of the photon on a large scale...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 14, 2018 @ 07:23 GMT
Hi Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta,

I did visit your blog and responded there. I cannot agree or disagree with much that you have listed, mainly because because I just do not know.

For example a feature of your dynamic universe theory is: -No differential and Integral Equations mathematically.

This could be good because, as I believe, calculus has its limits and has been...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 14, 2018 @ 13:58 GMT
Dear Don Limuti

Thank you for the nice analyzing reply...and nice blessings on my essay...

You are exactly correct saying "Einstein never got a Nobel prize for relativity, but after " verification" of bending of light rays near Sun.

You are correct again ..about atomic theory... and for your wonderful words..."

The individual being is Brahman...."

Best

=snp

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 14, 2018 @ 14:01 GMT
Dear Don Limuti

I gave 10 for your wonderful essay it was 6.1 and after 10 it became 6.5

Best wishes to your essay

=snp

Bookmark and Share

John-Erik Persson wrote on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 12:02 GMT
Don Limuti

Thanks for an essay with many new and interesting ideas. It was stimulating toread it. However, it is very difficult for an amateur, as I am, to decide the value of these ideas.

I agree to your statement that physics is far from complete.

I do not completely understand how black matter, at half the radius of Mercury, can have the same period as Mercury?

With the best regards from _____________ John-Erik

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 15, 2018 @ 18:54 GMT
Hi John-Erik,

I am glad you found the ideas interesting. And I am first to say they are not agreed upon reality. Experiments need to be made and others will need to see the usefulness of this new type of graviton before it becomes accepted.

To answer your question: There is gravity between Mercury and the Sun. I postulate that this gravity is composed of many gravitons connecting...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

John-Erik Persson replied on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 12:35 GMT
Don Limuti

You are right regarding that particles is the best way to explain gravity. However, you could also point out that Fatio also said so 300 years ago.

Best regards from _____________ John-Erik Persson

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 16, 2018 @ 21:04 GMT
John-Erik,

Thanks for your post. I never knew of Fatio, so I did a little investigation. He was a most fascinating character at an interesting cusp of history:

http://www.mathpages.com/home/kmath041/kmath041.htm

H
e was one of those influential people who formed a transnational club of the best and brightest in Europe. He somehow dropped through net of history.

He did conceive of gravity as particles. And if he knew about the Planck-Einstein equation and the wavelengths of particles, I would not have written this essay.

Thanks again,

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 17, 2018 @ 05:02 GMT
Hi Don

I am really happy to meet you here again and I am so thankful for your high opinion to my work. But I was thinking till now that you are only a witty critics of our unhappy science that deviated from right way. Excuse me, because I see now you have suggested your own serious approach to greatest mystery of gravity. This very intrigued to me, moreover I am also felt myself as a good friend of not ordinary Dr Roger Penrose!

So, you can be sure - I will carefully read and properly rate your nice work after small time! Best wishes my dear!

George K.

Bookmark and Share

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 17, 2018 @ 07:12 GMT
Dear Don,

I have completed study your work and I have made my high duty as I promised (but it is not very important in my view, as they do not preparing prizes for us!)

I can say you many nice words on your work, but both we are critics and we well realize that honest criticism are much more preferable than many empty favorable words. Your approach can be interesting for...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Feb. 21, 2018 @ 06:50 GMT
Dear Don,

Here we are again all together.

I like your graviton.

Your Essay is really entertaining. You deserves the highest score that I am going to give you.

I hope that my modest achievements can be information for reflection for you.

Vladimir Fedorov

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3080

Bookmark and Share

Steven Andresen wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 06:59 GMT
Dear Don

If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the final days of the contest, will you consider mine please? I read all essays from those who comment on my page, and if I cant rate an essay highly, then I don’t rate them at all. Infact I haven’t issued a rating lower that ten. So you have nothing to lose by having me read your essay, and everything to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Kamal L Rajpal wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 14:12 GMT
Dear Don Limuti,

For conceptual views on space-time and Dark Matter, please read: http://vixra.org/pdf/1303.0207v3.pdf

Quantum Mechanics claims that an electron can be both spin-up and spin-down at the same time. In my conceptual physics Essay on Electron Spin, I have proved that this is not true. Please read: https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3145

Kamal Rajpal

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 10:18 GMT
Hi Don,

I read your wonderful essay with great interest. You give deep ideas and make important conclusions aimed at overcoming the crisis of understanding in fundamental science. To "grasp" the original structure of the Cosmos today, it is necessary to maximally support competitive ideas, primarily in cosmology . Thanks to the FQXi for supporting the competition of fundamental ideas..

Pavel Florensky made a good conclusion, which is topical for physicists and mathematicians: "Мы повторяем: миропонимание — пространствопонимание./ We repeat: world understanding is spaceunderstanding." … Physicists and poets should have a single picture of the Universum as an holistic generating process, filled with the meanings of the "LifeWorld" (E. Husserl).

Best wishes!

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 16:41 GMT
Don,

Great job, again. Fundamental and well written. I'm always interested in your excellent ideas and explanations.

You Penrose and still share rejection of the BB. (You may recall my cyclic model published in 2013, similar to 'Conformal' but overcoming the issues Roger accepted with that).

If you don't like QM I this year finally have an option; a classical mechanism fully reproducing it's predictions, rather complex but easy as it's logical and sequential, from a starting assumption off OAM, so different to 'singlet' states.

(unfortunately few read carefully enough to form it in their minds, and dogma will defeat it, but Declan Traill's short essay & plot confirms it works!

May I ask, can we refer more to 'current physics theory' than 'nature itself' in saying; 'completeness is not one of its properties'? If so I heartily agree.

Well done.

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on Feb. 25, 2018 @ 17:53 GMT
Don,

Thanks for your comments on mine. I see your score has slipped, probably the 1's issue I've also had! Mine should boost it back up. Well done for yours. I really did like; "completeness is not one of its properties". I think teaching year in year out causes most academics to forget or ignore that.

Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Colin Walker wrote on Feb. 24, 2018 @ 00:49 GMT
Hi Don

Thanks for posting on my blog or I would have missed your essay. We are on the same wavelength as far as gravitons, and I really like your Quantum-Newtonian deductions. And LLF, LOL!

I expect that the lowest graviton energy would be Hh/2, which is related to the energy, Hh, lost from a photon each cycle in the tired light scenario. If that is true, then an expanding universe ought to be ruled out, as I argued in my essay. However, it is merely a quibble whether associated terms such as dark energy are appropriate.

Incidentally, there is apparently a theoretical limit to the temperature which can be attained by a solar concentrator, and that limit is the temperature of the radiation from the Sun. I would guess that gravitons have a temperature similar to photons given by kT=hf, where k is Boltzmann and hf is photon energy. The graviton temperature would be quite low corresponding to its low frequency, and should not raise the temperature of matter when it interacts, if this reasoning is valid.

Cheers,

Colin

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Feb. 24, 2018 @ 07:02 GMT
Dear Don,

(copy to yours and mine)

Many thanks for the kind words about my work and for mutual understanding.

Understanding, respect and your advices are highly valued.

I wish you happiness in your scientific work in search of truth.

Vladimir Fedorov

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3080

Bookmark and Share

Jack Hamilton James wrote on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 05:33 GMT
Thanks for your kind comments Don.

I checked out your website and it is fantastic! A great source of many ideas contrasted to each other in the ways worth caring about.

Best,

Jack

Bookmark and Share

Maxim Yurievich Khlopov wrote on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 10:13 GMT
Dear Don,

Your interesting essay offers new ideas on the nature of gravity and dark matter and deserves high estimation

With the best regards

M.Yu.Khlopov

Bookmark and Share

Giovanni Prisinzano wrote on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 17:31 GMT
Hi Don,

your essay is dense and well written. It's also nice on a graphic level, which does not hurt :)

It deals with very complex problems and hypothesizes the existence of gravitons, which, as we know, is considered by many to be essential, if one wants to include gravity within the Standard Model, but it is very difficult to prove. Your theory goes further and considers gravitons not only as carriers of a fundamental force, but as "bilding blocks" of space-time.

I don't have sufficient skills to evaluate your theory in depth, but it seems to me that it is meditated and coherent. I hope you have the opportunity to support it and make it known as much as possible.

Last, but not least, I can only share your "parting thought":

"Physics is amazing, but I believe that completeness is not one of its

properties. And it keeps on getting better."

All the best,

Giovanni

Bookmark and Share

Giovanni Prisinzano replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 17:52 GMT
Don,

I have to correct my previous post. Your theory does not just go beyond the Standard Model, but out of it, because you don't consider the graviton as a boson!

I apologize for the inaccuracy,

Giovanni

Bookmark and Share

Jeffrey Michael Schmitz wrote on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 21:14 GMT
Don,

I am doing some "speed" reviewing. This is well-written and presented nicely. Many years ago I had a course were for homework we did a matrix for gravitons, it take me two days and never made sense to me, but I got a "B" for the course. I do feel this essay is a little off topic because it presents a case for a fundamental, but is not about what a fundamental is.

All the best,

Jeff Schmitz

Bookmark and Share

Author Don Limuti replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 22:27 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I considered whether my essay was on topic. I believe it fit the topic.

1. If you were a language purist then this contest would be answered by a dictionary(s). I do not believe this is what was intended.

2. Your criticism states: "I do feel this essay is a little off topic because it presents a case for a fundamental, but is not about what a fundamental is."

I just took a look at your essay:

It is interesting that you start off with a definition: One way of defining “fundamental” is as something that is not dependent on anything else. Then you go off evaluating examples of what is or is not fundamental. I will use your logic on your own essay: One sentence explains what fundamental means. All the rest of the essay is off topic.

So, by your own logic you would flunk your own essay. I am glad you cannot grade your own essay, I think it has some merit in that I agree with the conclusion "Perhaps that true fundamental, that end of questions, is only of value as an inspiration."

All the best,

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Robert D. Sadykov wrote on Feb. 27, 2018 @ 06:02 GMT
Dear Don Limuti,

Your essay seems very interesting to me. I wish success in the contest.

Best wishes,

Robert Sadykov

Bookmark and Share

John-Erik Persson wrote on Mar. 13, 2018 @ 18:03 GMT
Don Limuti

Thanks for interesting discussions. If you see this you may be interested in my latest blog post at:

blog

Best regards from ______________ John-Erik Persson

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.