Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 2/23/18 at 12:59pm UTC, wrote Dear Michael A., I think that the fundamental must be simple, clear and to...

Steven Andresen: on 2/22/18 at 8:53am UTC, wrote Dear Michael If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the...

Don Limuti: on 2/18/18 at 23:26pm UTC, wrote Hi Michael, You have highlighted a fundamental phenomena that physics in...

Peter Jackson: on 2/11/18 at 17:30pm UTC, wrote Michael, Excellent job. Important and fundamental. I like your...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 2/6/18 at 0:35am UTC, wrote Djastri Michael Alexeevich Popov Your work of fundamentalness inspired by...

adel sadeq: on 2/5/18 at 15:43pm UTC, wrote Hi Popov, I read your essay and went through some of your...

Joe Fisher: on 1/25/18 at 16:12pm UTC, wrote Dear Michael Alexeevich Popov, Reliable evidence exists that proves that...

Michael Popov: on 1/24/18 at 17:29pm UTC, wrote Essay Abstract The case study of fundamentalness inspired by...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: ""The motion of the solar system, and the orientation of the plane of the..." in Why Time Might Not Be an...

Jim Snowdon: "On the permanently dark side of the Earth, the stars would appear to stay..." in The Nature of Time

Georgina Woodward: "Hi Jorma, some thoughts; You mention mutual EM connection. I think you..." in Why Time Might Not Be an...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

akash hasan: "Some students have an interest in researching and space exploration. I..." in Announcing Physics of the...

Michael Jordan: "Excellent site. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to some..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Anonymous: "Excellent site. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to some..." in Constructing a Theory of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

FQXi FORUM
May 26, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: Fundamentalness of Homochirality by Michael Alexeevich Popov [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Michael Alexeevich Popov wrote on Jan. 24, 2018 @ 17:29 GMT
Essay Abstract

The case study of fundamentalness inspired by biological Homochirality is considered.

Author Bio

Oxford based Mathematical Consultant working in area of Nonstandard Mathematical Optimization ( please, see as examples - https://www.pharma-iq.com/contributors/11357-michael-a-popov
).

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

adel sadeq wrote on Feb. 5, 2018 @ 15:43 GMT
Hi Popov,

I read your essay and went through some of your articles and found them very interesting. I am interested in genetics. however never had the time to delve.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out why you thought your subject is relevant which on the surface seems remotely so. But when you started talking about Riemann Hypothesis it occurred to me that my idea(which I think is the fundamental theory!) had some similarity to so called Cantor set(as interaction removes points in my theory). And this Cantor set was also involved in some attempts to solve the RH . Also, in mainstream physics you have the indispensable symmetry breaking mechanism. But also In my theory I also see the effect of slight symmetry breaking.

What I am saying that my be your essay is not as irrelevant as it first appears.

Anyway here is my essay in case you are interested. Thanks

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3127

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 6, 2018 @ 00:35 GMT
Djastri Michael Alexeevich Popov

Your work of fundamentalness inspired by biological Homochirality is and Riemann Hypothesis are really tough mathematical adventures....

By the way Here in my essay energy to mass conversion is proposed...……..….. yours is very nice essay best wishes …. I highly appreciate hope your essay and hope for reciprocity ….You may please spend...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 17:30 GMT
Michael,

Excellent job. Important and fundamental. I like your 'homochirality' analysis, agree about all and that we have commonality, may be more than you've seen. I've published a cyclic model of galaxy and cosmological evolution including catastrophies and chiral re-ionizations, which matches wide observations far better than past and other models. I'm sure you're going to find it interesting & helpful. HJ-36 No6.Cyclic Evolution paper.

I also agree there's something fundamental missed about maths and have found a truth applicable well beyond just maths, including to logic, relativity etc. It's a shame you didn't enter the essy contest on maths a few years ago. The model was well received, but then of course ignored!; it needs developing. Wigners statement essay fqXi. Top community score; The Red/Green sock trick It also implies a new 'Law of the reducing middle' to replace 'excluded' middles which also links it to QM/Bayesian probabilities. Nature isn't 'binary' except for opposite helicities (see also earlier essays on that).

Do also see Declan Traill's and Gordon Watson's essays, and this important paper referred in Gordons; Fröhner, F. H. (1998)Missing link between probability theory and quantum mechanics I hope you may be able to help. That paper was only missing the one extra pair of momenta I've now discovered. Can we now derive the tricky Hamiltonian?

Great job, top marks, and look forward to further discussion.

Very best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Don Limuti wrote on Feb. 18, 2018 @ 23:26 GMT
Hi Michael,

You have highlighted a fundamental phenomena that physics in general has "chosen" to overlook. The mathematics you bring forth is fascinating and so is the concept of catastrophe.

The concept of catastrophe resonates with my own work. Do take a look at my essay which outlines the concept of an ether that is fixed to the observer.

Combine this with a big bang "catastrophe" and you have the possibility of chirality. See (http://www.digitalwavetheory.com/33_AntiParticles_-_Chirali
ty.html)

I do not claim to have nailed it. But perhaps this may be of use to you.

Thanks for your essay,

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Steven Andresen wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 08:53 GMT
Dear Michael

If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the final days of the contest, will you consider mine please? I read all essays from those who comment on my page, and if I cant rate an essay highly, then I don’t rate them at all. Infact I haven’t issued a rating lower that ten. So you have nothing to lose by having me read your essay, and everything to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 12:59 GMT
Dear Michael A.,

I think that the fundamental must be simple, clear and to save our thinking.

Mathematics physics complicates his abstract forms, which require it to abandon the basis on which there is a specific mindset. According to the principle of identity of space and matter Descartes, matter is space and space is matter that moves. Time is a synonym for universal movement. Thus, space is the Foundation for fundamental theories.

You may like to look at the sky and it seems to you empty infinite space in which it moves large and small body. However, this impression is deceptive. According to the principle of identity of space and matter Descartes, space is matter that moves. When Copernicus asserted that the Earth revolves around the Sun, it had, according to Descartes, to add that along with the Earth revolves around the Sun, all the solar space. Space is what built the world. Space contains information about the development of the Universe . Take a look at my essay in which I showed how radically can change physics, if it will follow this principle. Leave your autograph. FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich

Do not allow New Cartesian Physics go away into nothingness, which can to be the theory of everything OO.

Sincerely, Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.