Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Peter Jackson: on 2/23/18 at 16:21pm UTC, wrote Janko, It's a shame you're not engaging or apparently reading many others...

Steven Andresen: on 2/22/18 at 8:54am UTC, wrote Dear Janko If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the...

Peter Jackson: on 2/17/18 at 21:02pm UTC, wrote Janko, Good effort. I was pleased find many concepts with which I agree,...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 2/6/18 at 0:28am UTC, wrote It is wonderful to meet another steel industry employee in FQXi...dear...

Joe Fisher: on 1/25/18 at 16:08pm UTC, wrote Dear Gary Janko Kokosar, Reliable evidence exists that proves that the...

Janko Kokosar: on 1/24/18 at 17:29pm UTC, wrote Essay Abstract The author shows examples where his opinion about...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Eckard Blumschein: "Isn't symmetry simply closely related to redundancy even if physicist may..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Robert Rise: "Meet many types of women on ihookup. Some dates better than others. It is..." in Time in Physics & Entropy...

Steve Dufourny: "FQXI you too I need your help, come all too we have a work to do there..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Steve Dufourny: "lol REVOLUTION SPHERISATION everywhere at all scales,REVOLUTION..." in Alternative Models of...

Georgina Woodward: "The kind of time required, over which the material change is happening, (to..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "after all like Borh has made,this universe and its spheres for me are like..." in Alternative Models of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 23, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: Time runs only in the elementary particles and in black holes by Janko Kokosar [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Janko Kokosar wrote on Jan. 24, 2018 @ 17:29 GMT
Essay Abstract

The author shows examples where his opinion about fundamentality is different as opinion of the majority of physicists. He claims that special relativity alone gives that time runs only in rest matter. He claims that absolutely empty spacetime without rest matter cannot exist; one reason is also because time runs only in rest matter. Existence of dimensionless masses of the elementary particles also tells us about coupling between rest matter and spacetime. Dimensionless masses of the elementary particles are obtained when the masses of the elementary particles are combined with the gravitational constant, Planck's constant and the speed of light. The author insists that the principle of equivalence remains also in quantum physics, and that gravitational uncertainty principle is simple. Consciousness is still more fundamental than the elementary particles, but consciousness does not exist outside of elementary particles. The author advocates quantum consciousness, free-will, and suggests how to verify this experimentally.

Author Bio

In young age, the author obtained some prizes in the country level competitions in mathematics, physics and chess. He graduated in Physics in 1989 and then he has been working in steel industry. He developed some theories in fundamental physics and theories of consciousness. He found some formulae for the elementary particles masses, offers an explanation of three space dimensions, he developed one step toward quantization of gravity, and generalized the uncertainty principle. He also tries to simplify explanations of the fundamental theories of physics. He is waiting for the valuation of his theories. He published one rebuttal.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Jan. 25, 2018 @ 16:08 GMT
Dear Gary Janko Kokosar,

Reliable evidence exists that proves that the surface of the earth was formed millions of years before man and his utterly complex finite informational systems ever appeared on that surface. It logically follows that Nature must have permanently devised the only single physical construct of earth allowable.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 6, 2018 @ 00:28 GMT
It is wonderful to meet another steel industry employee in FQXi...dear Janko Kokosar

Your work shows examples where his opinion about fundamentality is different as opinion of the majority of physicists, with claims that special relativity alone gives that time runs only in rest matter and absolutely empty spacetime without rest matter cannot exist; one reason is also because time runs...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 17, 2018 @ 21:02 GMT
Janko,

Good effort. I was pleased find many concepts with which I agree, including your part 2 axioms. You are right to always challenge teachings.

I particularly liked and agree with; "spacetime also loses meaning if there is no matter in it."

And certainly extra marks for; "I do not like that education of physics does not use enough visualizations and does not use enough short derivations, where are possible. Professors too much believe in "Shut up and calculate" instead of in visualization. Probably, quantum physics should also have some visualization and some more clear interpretation"

My own essay, which I hope you get to read, shows that visualization, logic and geometry can lead to powerful new understanding, of QM this year but see my previous mainly top 10 finalist essays back to 2011 for SR etc. I think your score should certainly be well over 4 so have it pencilled in for a boost.

Very best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson replied on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 16:21 GMT
Janko,

It's a shame you're not engaging or apparently reading many others essays? Evaluation is a 2 way street! None the less I'm applying the high score my comments implied. Well done.

If you do get to read mine do so carefully as your brain needs to construct a complex but important model.

Very best wishes

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Steven Andresen wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 08:54 GMT
Dear Janko

If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the final days of the contest, will you consider mine please? I read all essays from those who comment on my page, and if I cant rate an essay highly, then I don’t rate them at all. Infact I haven’t issued a rating lower that ten. So you have nothing to lose by having me read your essay, and everything to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.