Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

basudeba mishra: on 2/26/18 at 1:42am UTC, wrote Dear Sir, Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I...

basudeba mishra: on 2/26/18 at 1:27am UTC, wrote Dear Sir, Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I...

basudeba mishra: on 2/26/18 at 1:27am UTC, wrote Dear Sir, Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I...

basudeba mishra: on 2/26/18 at 1:24am UTC, wrote Dear Sir, Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I...

basudeba mishra: on 2/26/18 at 1:23am UTC, wrote Dear Sir, Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. ...

Peter Jackson: on 2/23/18 at 17:49pm UTC, wrote Basudeba, Finally got to yours (so many to read & so little time!) and...

Bashir Yusuf: on 2/23/18 at 16:54pm UTC, wrote Dear Mishra "Gravity is the mother force, which resolves into four...

Steven Andresen: on 2/22/18 at 9:01am UTC, wrote Dear Basudeba If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Robert McEachern: ""all experiments have pointed towards this and there is no way to avoid..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Steve Agnew, Naturally provided VISIBLE realty am not a silly humanly..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

James Putnam: "Light bends because it is accelerating. It accelerates toward an object..." in Black Hole Photographed...

Steve Agnew: "Stringy and loop quantum are the two big contenders, but neither has a..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Robert McEachern: "Lorenzo, The nature of "information" is well understood outside of..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Georgina Woodward: "Steve, Lorraine is writing about a simpler "knowing " rather than the..." in The Nature of Time

Steve Agnew: "Knowing information necessarily means neural action potentials. Atom and..." in The Nature of Time

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

FQXi FORUM
May 20, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: GENESIS OF FUNDAMENTAL CHARGE INTERACTIONS by basudeba mishra [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author basudeba mishra wrote on Jan. 23, 2018 @ 19:57 GMT
Essay Abstract

According to Standard Model of Particle Physics: strong, electromagnetic and gravitational interactions have one gauge boson each (gluon, photon and the hypothetical graviton) that mediate these interactions. Why the weak interaction has three intermediate vector bosons: W+, W-, and Z0? When a neutron decays into a proton, the neutron releases a W-, which decays into an electron or the high mass Muon or Tau and changes the neutron into a proton, an electron (e-) and a neutrino. In the opposite reaction turning a proton into a neutron, a W+ particle is needed. But the neutron (939.57 MeV) or proton (938.28 MeV) has very little mass as compared to a W boson (80.4 GeV). Wherefrom they get such high energy? Gravity is an inter-body force, whereas the others are intra-body forces. Can they be united in one theory? Why cannot we produce and control gravity? Is there a fifth force? What is charge? How does Coulomb’s law apply to quantum interactions? Why is the efficacy of the relation e = mc2 in chemical reactions much less compared to nuclear reactions? Just like space and time in their universal manifestation appear as spacetime that forms the background for all objects and events, and in their individual or confined manifestation appear as the interval between objects and events, the same single force in its universal manifestation appears as gravity and in its confined manifestation through compression, refraction, rarefaction and diffraction, resolves into the other four fundamental interactions of Nature. Mathematics describes only the quantitative aspect of reality. Here you find the causes of fundamental interactions: the “what”, “how”, “why”, “when”, etc.

Author Bio

seeker of truth with an open mind.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Jan. 24, 2018 @ 17:11 GMT
Dear basudeba mishra,

Reliable evidence exists that the surface of the earth was formed millions of years before man and his utterly complex finite informational systems ever appeared on that surface. It logically follows that Nature must have permanently devised the only single physical construct of earth allowable.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author basudeba mishra replied on Jan. 25, 2018 @ 02:45 GMT
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your appreciation. I am open to any logical questioning or criticism. Unfortunately, most modern scientists follow a reductionist approach and superstitiously believe in "established theories". I hope people will apply their minds openly without any preconceived notions and correct me, if they think so.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 5, 2018 @ 23:00 GMT
Dear Basudeba Mishraji

It is nice meeting you again....

Very nice essay on fundamental particles... For your question,... what is Gravity? I think gravity is property of mass and mass is the property of gravity, what do you say?

Here in my essay energy to mass conversion is proposed...……..….. yours is very nice essay…. I highly appreciate hope your essay and hope for...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 6, 2018 @ 21:39 GMT
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your comments. I will definitely go through your essay and offer my views.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Feb. 11, 2018 @ 10:31 GMT
Dear Basudeba,

Very interesting essay in the spirit of a deep Cartesian doubt. You give new ideas, eidoses, conepts and important conclusions that are aimed at overcoming the crisis of understanding in the basis of fundamental science. Yes, really today we need an open mind. Successes in the contest!

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 01:23 GMT
Dear Sir,

Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Kamal L Rajpal wrote on Feb. 14, 2018 @ 18:16 GMT
Dear Basudeba Mishra,

I have read your essay and invite you to read my essay on wave-particle and electron spin at: https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3145 or https://fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Rajpal_1306.0141v3
.pdf

Kamal Rajpal

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 01:24 GMT
Dear Sir,

Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I will definitely read and comment on your essay.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Steven Andresen wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 09:01 GMT
Dear Basudeba

If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the final days of the contest, will you consider mine please? I read all essays from those who comment on my page, and if I cant rate an essay highly, then I don’t rate them at all. Infact I haven’t issued a rating lower that ten. So you have nothing to lose by having me read your essay, and everything to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 01:27 GMT
Dear Sir,

Thanks. I was busy elsewhere. I will read other essays soon. I will definitely read and comment on your essay.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Bashir Yusuf wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 16:54 GMT
Dear Mishra

"Gravity is the mother force, which resolves into four fundamental interactions. These five can form non-linear combinations that produce infinite varieties".

I believe that you mean the gravity is the fundamental force of all, that I agree

Here is my essay which I think has many interesting ideas to you, please comment ....

FUNDAMENTAL SINGULARITY OF ALL PHYSICAL SCIENCE.

Sincerely

Bashir.

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 01:27 GMT
Dear Sir,

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 17:49 GMT
Basudeba,

Finally got to yours (so many to read & so little time!) and glad I did. I didn't absorb all completely but found it very interesting and agreeable. I certainly agree the; "causes of fundamental interactions: the “what”, “how”, “why”, “when”, etc." are of paramount importance.

I'm also interested in what is an 'anti-positron' and your statement "the electron and the anti-positron are not the same particle". Is that based solely on 'measurement' data from momentum exchange with other ('detector') fields spinning electrons? If a north pole spins left and a south pole spins right what's goes on when we view from the other side?

Hope you'll read mine; If you like “what”, “how”, “why”, “when” and can follow a multi stage ontological sequence from a 'Poincare sphere' 4 state electron you'll find a classical outcome for QM, yes, amazing' as Bell predicted! It'll prove you correct about 'duality'; "these two apparently contradictory properties have not been reconciled, the quantum world has been thought of as showing wave-particle duality; rather than a definitive, objective world".

Yes. It always was nonsense. Be prepared for a revolution within a few Eons! (lol). Hope you get to read it (but VERY carefully!) Scoring yours now - should get you up a bit.

Very Best

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 26, 2018 @ 01:42 GMT
Dear Sir,

Regarding your point about electron and anti-positron, we must distinguish between electron and the positron first. One is negatively charge, whose characteristic, as I have discussed, is confinement of emissions from a central point. Hence, its position is at the periphery. The other is positively charged, which radiates out from a central position. This positional difference is exhibited in their characteristic, when we consider the anti-particle. Roughly speaking, a neutron is the same as a combination of a proton and an electron. But that is a hydrogen atom. Then how are these different? The difference comes from their positional difference. Consider a person sitting on a Judge's chair and the same person sitting at his home on the dinning chair. At one place, he is a Judge and at the other place, he is a husband or a father. The person is same, but the functions are different. Similarly, for an electron and anti-positron, the masses may be the same, but the functions are different. You can extend this argument much further.

Regards,

basudeba

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.