Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 2/24/18 at 19:02pm UTC, wrote Thanks for his criticism of my essay. I understand that it was written...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 2/23/18 at 13:39pm UTC, wrote P.S. The above response to Boris is from me, Andrei Kirilyuk (some login...

Anonymous: on 2/23/18 at 13:35pm UTC, wrote Dear Boris, Thank you for the high rating for my essay. After having a...

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 2/23/18 at 5:51am UTC, wrote Dear ANDREI P. KIRILYUK, I approve of what you have said in your essay and...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 2/22/18 at 15:45pm UTC, wrote Dear Steven, Thank you for your interest and communication. You're citing...

Steven Andresen: on 2/22/18 at 9:05am UTC, wrote Dear Andrei If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 2/21/18 at 14:34pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir, Thank you for your support of my ideas. Me too, I find a...

Vladimir Fedorov: on 2/21/18 at 7:38am UTC, wrote Dear Andrei, Here we are again all together. I highly appreciate your...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

amy jones: "Google Pay provides its customers with a wide range of Google Pay Customer..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Georgina Woodward: "Re. ant behaviour: More ants are attracted by the chemical trails left by..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "To wipe away dead ants or not was an oversimplification. It depends on..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "Newton's space and time permit grandfather type paradox and time reversal...." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in First Things First: The...

Robert McEachern: "The Tegmark Paradox: "Tegmark asks whether physicists posses skills that..." in Building an AI physicist:...

Georgina Woodward: "The filled space is not space-time as that's the space 'inhabited' by..." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Eckard Blumschein: "Notions like bottom and top belong to particular models. Ellis is certainly..." in Downward causation:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
August 22, 2019

CATEGORY: FQXi Essay Contest - Spring, 2017 [back]
TOPIC: Objective Fundamental Reality Structure by the Unreduced Complexity Development by Andrei Kirilyuk [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Andrei Kirilyuk wrote on Jan. 23, 2018 @ 19:56 GMT
Essay Abstract

We explain why exactly the simplified abstract scheme of reality within the standard science paradigm cannot provide the consistent picture of “truly fundamental” reality and how the unreduced, causally complete description of the latter is regained within the extended, provably complete solution to arbitrary interaction problem and the ensuing concept of universal dynamic complexity. We emphasize the practical importance of this extension for both particular problem solution and further, now basically unlimited fundamental science development (otherwise dangerously stagnating within its traditional paradigm).

Author Bio

Andrei Kirilyuk is a theoretical physicist (since 1979) and Senior Researcher at the Institute of Metal Physics, Kyiv, Ukraine. He also worked in France (Paris, 1991-95). He is the author of the Universal Science of Complexity, the intrinsically unified, causally complete and problem-solving extension of conventional theories.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Feb. 18, 2018 @ 18:37 GMT
Dear Andrei,

You are doing a very deep critical analysis of modern science and its basic problems, giving a new conception whose ideas are aimed at overcoming the crisis of understanding in fundamental science. Today, the broadest competition of ideas is needed, especially in cosmology . I have only one wish: to expand the ontological foundation of your conception. I wish success in your further research!

Regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 20, 2018 @ 06:07 GMT
Hello dear Andrey

It's nice to see you here again and read your fascinating article. You are set on a critical audit of some basic methodological approaches that I just welcome. I am more impressed that you see the problem in its early origin, with which the majority of advanced scientists will be very diffecult to be agree themselves. This is really difficult to do from the psychological and purely human points of view. However, you are absolutely right here and I am completely with you. This will inevitably have to be done if we really want to have a truthful and reliable science. Approximately the same thought I'm trying to bring to the reader in my work that I hope you'll look.

My best wishes to you.

George Kirakosyan

Bookmark and Share

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Feb. 20, 2018 @ 13:32 GMT
Hello George,

Thank you for your positive estimate of my efforts, and I think that we do agree on the origin of modern fundamental science problems, which must be solved within a deeper insight in order to ensure further progress of fundamental knowledge.

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Feb. 21, 2018 @ 07:38 GMT
Dear Andrei,

Here we are again all together.

I highly appreciate your beautifully written essay.

«the simplified abstract scheme of reality within the standard science paradigm cannot provide the consistent picture of “truly fundamental” reality». Great!

I hope that my modest achievements can be information for reflection for you.

Vladimir Fedorov

https://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/3080

Bookmark and Share

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Feb. 21, 2018 @ 14:34 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your support of my ideas. Me too, I find a number of general correlations between our approaches (like the principles of causality and completeness), even though many technical details in your essay seem unclear to me. In any case, it is the search for such causally complete description of reality that alone can solve modern science problems and provide the truly, objectively fundamental picture of the world.

Bookmark and Share

Steven Andresen wrote on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 09:05 GMT
Dear Andrei

If you are looking for another essay to read and rate in the final days of the contest, will you consider mine please? I read all essays from those who comment on my page, and if I cant rate an essay highly, then I don’t rate them at all. Infact I haven’t issued a rating lower that ten. So you have nothing to lose by having me read your essay, and everything to...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Feb. 22, 2018 @ 15:45 GMT
Dear Steven,

Thank you for your interest and communication. You're citing in your essay a number of general ideas, which are close to my own approach, such as complexity, "Darwinian" evolution, emergence, adaptability and (the necessity of) universality of truly fundamental knowledge. Their realisation in your description looks less clear to me and it was difficult to provide a correct total estimate (in any case, you have a nice score, which is close to saturation by the number of ratings). I leave it up to you the rating of my essay, while noting that it specifies a particular, provably universal realisation of the mentioned general principles.

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 05:51 GMT
Dear ANDREI P. KIRILYUK, I approve of what you have said in your essay and put 10, moreover, THE UNREDUCED dynamic reality – is a study in New Cartesian Physics is based on the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes. According to this principle, space is matter and matter is space that is moving. Look at my essay, FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich Where I showed how radically the physics can change if it follows the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes. I hope you will not leave without attention to this principle and appreciate good New Cartesian Physics for his radicalism

Sincerely, Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 13:35 GMT
Dear Boris,

Thank you for the high rating for my essay. After having a look at your work, I can say that I share the main points of your criticism of today's mainstream science framework and, similar to you, I appreciate major features of Cartesian approach and philosophy. However, I cannot say that I understand further details of the "new Cartesian physics" you propose, even though I do appreciate the general realistic character of this attempt. Therefore, I was unable to give any definite rating to your essay (as it relies essentially on those details), while noting also that it has a decent score of quasi-saturated level. It doesn't mean that your ideas seem totally wrong, and maybe further elaboration of the content and presentation could clarify the results for interested readers.

Bookmark and Share

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Feb. 23, 2018 @ 13:39 GMT
P.S. The above response to Boris is from me, Andrei Kirilyuk (some login uncertainty).

Bookmark and Share

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Feb. 24, 2018 @ 19:02 GMT
Thanks for his criticism of my essay. I understand that it was written poorly. Its main aim is to attract researchers to continue the theory of everything of Descartes’ taking into account modern achievements in physics. The principle of identity of physical space and matter allows us to extend physics to living matter. For this we need to pay attention to the fact that matter within the body is the same as outside it. Our brain creates an image of the outside world not within themselves and in the space around themselves. This image of the outside world has an active nature, as it controls the body.

New Cartesian Physics needs your support to develop further. Visit my page and give there your assessment.FQXi Fundamental in New Cartesian Physics by Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich

I wish you success! Sincerely, Boris Dizhechko

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.