Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Steve Dufourny: on 7/5/16 at 11:27am UTC, wrote Hello,it isevident that we are not alone Inside our universal...

Jason Wolfe: on 12/5/15 at 2:04am UTC, wrote If we could change the speed of light and gravitational constants, c and G,...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/27/15 at 15:07pm UTC, wrote It is very frustrating this problem about the linear velocity of...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/15/15 at 12:30pm UTC, wrote The life is logically created in so many places.Astrobiology is...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/2/15 at 16:23pm UTC, wrote I am insisting about the velocities of black particles. It is important to...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/2/15 at 14:59pm UTC, wrote Hi all, In a rationzl road,the black mass is in the same logic that all...

Steve Dufourny: on 8/25/15 at 15:26pm UTC, wrote It was me , the crazzy spheric man :)

Anonymous: on 8/25/15 at 15:25pm UTC, wrote I have thought a lot about my equation about E,I made an error of...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Joe Fisher: "Dear Reality Fans, The real VISIBLE Universe never “started out.”..." in First Things First: The...

isabell ella: "If you are facing Cash app related problems and want to get support..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Georgina Woodward: "Quite right Lorraine, ( to be clear perhaps I should have said..." in Cosmological Koans

Lorraine Ford: "Honestly Georgina, Wake up! Change of number is NOT energy." in Cosmological Koans

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Michael Hussey: "https://www.google.com" in New Nuclear "Magic...

Michael Hussey: "it is really difficult to understand what is all about all the things..." in New Nuclear "Magic...

Stefan Weckbach: "I have a problem with the notion of time in the multiverse scenario that..." in First Things First: The...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi BLOGS
July 18, 2019

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: New Podcast: Pluto, Pentaquarks, Alien Hunts & more [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

FQXi Administrator Zeeya Merali wrote on Jul. 29, 2015 @ 19:18 GMT
NASA New Horizons
This month’s podcast is jam-packed, thanks to all the huge physics announcements made in July.

So, Brendan and I begin with a news round up, discussing the Pluto flyby (with some help from cosmologist Andrew Pontzen), the creation of the pentaquark at the LHC, and the discovery of the most Earth-like planet yet, Kepler 452b.

Then we’re back to our usual in-depth interviews. A couple of weeks ago, I chatted with Frank Drake, one of the pioneers of the Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence (SETI), in the run-up to the launch of a $100 million project to hunt for alien communications. I wrote an article for Nature about the project, which you can read here. But in our podcast interview, I had the chance to ask Drake more about his long-running history with SETI, why he sticks with it despite the lack of success, and his work on the Drake equation for estimating the number of technological civilisations on other worlds. He also talks about why he’s scared that the aliens might be sending us information encoded as holograms. And in the extended podcast interview, he tells us about new job opportunities in SETI.

Free Podcast

Pluto, pentaquarks & Earth 2.0; Frank Drake talks about the new 100 million dollar hunt for alien life; conjuring a neutron star from a nanowire; & "Edge of the Sky" talks physics without the jargon.

LISTEN:

Go to full podcast

The project is funded by Russian billionaire Yuri Milner. What do you think? If you had $100 million to spend on one question in science, what would choose?

Next up, FQXi member Keith Schwab talks about his quest to mimic the gravitational effects on the surface of a neutron star, by accelerating a nanowire. Reporter Carinne Piekema wrote about Schwab’s experiments for us here, and now you can listen to him discuss how they could help those who want to learn more about quantum gravity.

And finally, a “radical experiment in science communication” — which is what cosmologist Roberto Trotta of Imperial College London calls his new book, “The Edge of the Sky.” In it, he attempts to junk jargon by describing the workings of the universe using only the 1000 most common words in the English language, as he explains to Sophie Hebden.

Enjoy the podcast!

CERN

Bookmark and Share
this post has been edited by the forum administrator

report post as inappropriate

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 13:41 GMT
Hello,

It is fascinating,

I have seen this project on CNN and BBC with Mr Hawking,they exist indeed but so far of us.Now of course we can have several radios message but from the past. If we go more far with my humble équations, we can perhaps analyze a new kind of messages above the relativity with the black mass. The relativity is like a prison in fact . we cannot travel Inside this universal sphere o we cannot contact in the present those aliens. but if we found an other step of radiations linked with the black sphères......wawww it is fascinating .They exist even in our galaxy but where are they ?

the Black oles radiations of Hawking are very relevant, now of course how can we insert the volumes of entangled sphères and black holes, I am persuaded that the spinal velocities and the orbitals velocities and the volumes are essential for the travel Inside our galaxy or the contact with aliens. In all case , it is fascinating.

Regards

Spherically yours

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 14:02 GMT
The relativity is a problem in fact, a real prison, we are just at the step of our star in fact. In this line of reasoning, it is not possible to contact them or even to travel in our universal sphere.

but we evolve even with our équations. There is a bridge between E=mc² and my constant mcosV for all spheres, quantic or cosmologic.

It is interesting to have a past message but it is more interesting to focus in the present of our space time.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 14:10 GMT
we can go speeder than c in fact.....don't forget that it is just for light in fact simply. but it is well made this relativity respecting the evolution spherisation, already that we have difficulties to harmonize our planet, are we conscious to travel in the universal sphere...perhaps yes for several perhaps no for others.

In all case, all that is fascinating, at this present it exist so many lifes Inside this universal sphere, they evolve like us......fascinating is a weak word.

regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 14:26 GMT
ET is saying me that it is time to harmonize this small Earth before the add of chaotic parameters and their exponentials.

He has a good idea....China and USA ...please work together with a good universal governanc for the well of all. He is saying also that it is not a problem of communism,marxism or capitalism but just due to a lack of good universal governances.....

it is still possible to act now before the chaos but are they going to make it ?

It is not problem of démocrates or republicans , no it is just a problem of relativity and universal point of vue after all

ET is saying also ....good luck dear humans :)

spherically yours dear friends

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 15:15 GMT
I am a christian , and Joy does not exist on the perimeter institute.

Good strategy from this institute. But I am going to go to Canada also. The cyber crime is not acceptable.

And you Johan Noldus, be sure my friend that this story is not finished. Ghent you say, ok , and don't forgrt that the cyber crime unit exists .....

Frankly , what is this story, don't accept that please FQXi. You are better than this perimeter institute.

Regards , sorry Zeeya, but I can't accept this strategy from this institute.

Bookmark and Share

John R. Cox replied on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 15:36 GMT
Mr.Dufourney,

Thanks for the warning. Shall I call ahead and let the Horsemen know? jrc

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 5, 2015 @ 14:38 GMT
Hello Mr Cox,

If I can it is Dufourny without e please.

I am a little parano but it is logic ,my net is hacked.

I know indeed who are these persons but perhaps I must focus on my theory instead of these stupidities.You know Mr Cox, i am conscious of my discovery. Apparently others also are conscious of this potential at short, middle and long term. I know the human nature.

It is not the perimeter institute in fact, nor fqxi. But you know it is tiring all that.

But in fact it is not important, I must be more quiet simply. I loose my time with these things.

Do you know Mr Cox a good book to study the game theory and its equilibrium and the von neuman theories. And also the turing machine theories.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 5, 2015 @ 14:49 GMT
You know Mr Cox, I need really helps , already that here in belgium, people have caused me a bankrupcy in vegetal multiplication and composting.It is tiring all that.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 15:28 GMT
Dear Zeeya,fqxi,help me please , it is not well their strategy of discriminations in fact.

I am christian, why all this story ?

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 4, 2015 @ 15:34 GMT
I am sorry , I become perhaps crazzy with all that

Bookmark and Share

FQXi Administrator Zeeya Merali replied on Aug. 8, 2015 @ 04:30 GMT
Dear Steve,

I am just checking back in and I saw your messages addressed to me on this thread. I am not sure if some of those messages have been deleted, but from what I can see on this thread, I am confused about what your situation is and what you need help with.

Do you feel that FQXi has discriminated against you in some way? And do feel that this discrimination was based on your religious beliefs? I can promise you that nobody at FQXi would have meant to do that, but you will have to give me more information, to help me understand the problem.

You also mentioned the Perimeter Institute, but I do not think I know the full story about your experience with PI either.

You also say something about cyber crime? Is that a concern that you have about this website?

We will try to help you, if we can. But we need to understand what is troubling you more fully first.

Bookmark and Share

Akinbo Ojo replied on Aug. 8, 2015 @ 09:40 GMT
Steve,

Maybe because of my primary discipline as a medical doctor I can discern what others may not. It would be beneficial to see a good general physician/doctor near you to complain about the discriminations against you. Doctors are expert in solving this type of discriminations. Indeed I can see the solution but I am too far away from you to help.

All the best,

Akinbo

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 10, 2015 @ 15:52 GMT
The gravitation is explained in this line of reasoning of course

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 24, 2015 @ 15:25 GMT
the black holes are just spheres central to galaxies. When we see our galaxies, we see that the stars more far of this galaxy turn quickly, it is not logic due to newtonian gravitaty. So it explains the black mass.These particles are from this central sphere.The dark energy, it, is from th central sphere of our univrse.mcosV my humble equation can help.....:) eureka

The black particles are from these spheres, central to galaxies(fortunally for the rotations furthermore), in the quantum world, it is th same logic with relativity of course.And all that inside a sphere in evolution spherisation........God has created a wonderfull future....

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Aug. 25, 2015 @ 15:25 GMT
I have thought a lot about my equation about E,I made an error of equivalence.And I must also insert an other letter for the linear velocity, I have chosen l,so I beleive humbly that th good way is this one E=mc²+l³o³s³,it is logic due to th bridge between the electromagnetism and the entanglement of spheres towards the central main sphere of the quantum world.more mlosV for all physical spheres.

I ask me if in the spectral colors are linked with th black lines instead of changement of orbit for electron, but it is just a thought.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Aug. 25, 2015 @ 15:26 GMT
It was me , the crazzy spheric man :)

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 2, 2015 @ 14:59 GMT
Hi all,

In a rationzl road,the black mass is in the same logic that all sphères(quant and cosm).If we take for example a galaxy, we see that the most far stars from the central black hole(a sphere with a volume )turn quickly ,it is logic if the central black sphere produces black particules in the same logic that with the electromagnetism.So it explains the gravitation implied by these quantumm black sphères.These particules produce by cosmological black sphères are so numerous Inside the universal sphere,it is due to our Young age at universal scale,13.6 billions years , it is Young still. In the quantum world it is the same rationality.I am persuaded that these black sphères,quantic,can go more far than c.Furthermore it exists so many kind of black quantumspheres.It is logic and rational respecting the whole analyze.In this line of reasoning,the most important cosmological black sphere is where the big bang has began.It is intriguing in a spiritual point of vue about the analyze of present and the velocities of particules from this central cosmologicalsphere Inside the universal sphere and its sphères. God has created a sphere in spherisation with a pure improvement in spacetime evolution.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 2, 2015 @ 16:23 GMT
I am insisting about the velocities of black particles. It is important to go more quickly than c for the messages at a kind of present. Of course,it is interesting to find bosonic informations from past but it is more interesting with black particles produced by cosmological black sphères.Now the problem is simply to find the road to find them. Their volumes in logic are very small for the quantum black sphères.

I ask me if it is possible to light them for a real perception.

If my second equation mlosV is correct, we can correlate the rotations and volumes with a bridge. The spherical black waves so are a reality.It is fascinating and in logic also, the aliens should utilize this technology.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 15, 2015 @ 12:30 GMT
The life is logically created in so many places.Astrobiology is fascinating;We are not alone and furthermore ,when we see our universal sphères and the number of galaxies,it is incredible.

We are still young at this universal scale and the lifes evolve like all things.The encodings of mass by these cosmological informations are a real wonderful evidence.

We are not alone, it is sure...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 27, 2015 @ 15:07 GMT
It is very frustrating this problem about the linear velocity of spaceships.

Already that c is not sufficient to visit and travel Inside our Milky way.We are at 27000 light years of the central BH and the lenght is 100000 light years.

It is absolutely neccesary to go fasterthan c.But it is not possible with bosons , so we must focus on gravitons produced by cosmological BH sphères.The correlated entropy is relevant.In this line of reasoning it is possible to travel between galaxies with a spaceship of course protected of external problems and autarcic considering the intrinsic needs.Energy is not a problem, but the understanding of steps of énergies above our heat and thermo,yes.But the spherical volumes can show the road.It is possible in all case.The steps of entropy of a system is relevant when we analyse these gravitons encoded in our nucleis.Several possibilities are around us , these gravitons are encoded, but they are also produced and also not encoded ,free so Inside our universal sphere.Several roads of utilisations so are possible.

What a puzzle.

Bookmark and Share

Jason Mark Wolfe replied on Dec. 5, 2015 @ 02:04 GMT
If we could change the speed of light and gravitational constants, c and G, superluminal travel would be much easier.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jul. 5, 2016 @ 11:27 GMT
Hello,it isevident that we are not alone Inside our universal sphere.Astrobiology is fascinating.There are a lot of civilizations even when we consider the number of galaxies.Some less Evolved ,others more.I beleive strongly that our actual waves Under our special relativity are not sufficient.We cannot communicate at a kind of present due to our limits of scales.We can only have a past message.If...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.