Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Ethan Campbell: on 8/20/19 at 5:00am UTC, wrote While there are quantum mechanics courses that tend to skip most of the...

David Ramsay: on 12/13/18 at 17:26pm UTC, wrote Well the Schrödinger Equations about Waves ... are 'unfortunately'...

Giovanni Orlando: on 5/20/15 at 17:02pm UTC, wrote Greetings, Because I feel many people like my recent article ... I am...

Giovanni Orlando: on 4/11/15 at 11:57am UTC, wrote Greetings to my colleagues that follow the updates ... And I want to...

Giovanni Orlando: on 4/10/15 at 19:16pm UTC, wrote My friend Joe, In your first two paragraph ... I do not agree with...

Joe Fisher: on 4/10/15 at 14:49pm UTC, wrote Dear Giovanni, I think Newton was wrong about abstract gravity; Einstein...

Giovanni Orlando: on 4/9/15 at 15:22pm UTC, wrote Humm ... This Invitation Sounds Good ... for a Continental Breakfast and a...

Ted Erikson: on 4/9/15 at 14:30pm UTC, wrote FYI:My Essay 2408 error corrections @ Chicago Section AAPT Spring Meeting...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Eckard Blumschein: "In Darwinism/Weismannism there is no first cause, just a causal chain...." in First Things First: The...

Steve Agnew: "There are some questions that do not seem to have answers in the classical..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Agnew: "Yes, there are two very different narratives. The classical narrative works..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "lol no indeed it is not a lot,like I said I liked your general ideas.I have..." in The Demon in the Machine...

Steve Agnew: "There are three assumptions...is that a lot? The aether particle mass, the..." in The Demon in the Machine...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 14, 2019

CATEGORY: Trick or Truth Essay Contest (2015) [back]
TOPIC: An Introduction to Universal, Quantum-Galactic Mathematics by Giovanni Alberto Orlando [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Mar. 13, 2015 @ 21:05 GMT
Essay Abstract

Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando is working on a New Mathematics which is duodecimal, includes the Creator and is full connected with Time. Between the `New' recovered concepts we have: (1) The Universal Zero. (2) The Universal Pi which is different from our pi and there are many of pi related to many areas that have their own specific space/time attributes. (3) The Golden ratio like the basis of Pythagorean Music related to Planet motion and Nature growth.

Author Bio

Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando enter in Science Faculty, UCV, Caracas at the age of sixteen, where he complete his studies in 1986. Then, he move to Italy and become 'Dottore in Matematica' in the Universita degli Studi di Bologna, in December 1992. He produce a complete Linux OS, in three editions, latest in 2004, publishing a book about and proposing the Personal OS. He publish ten books and is working to design a new type of University Courses, with for better Science.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

George Gantz wrote on Mar. 15, 2015 @ 15:08 GMT
Dr. Giovanni - Thank you for your interesting and unorthodox essay! I find it quite remarkable that two essays in close sequence (yours and Haidt's) base reality on numerical considerations stemming from the original, primordial distinctions in creation. His formulation is based on "phi" and yours on the duodecimal (base 12) - and both have relations between themselves.....

I wonder, perhaps, if the threads you are finding in ancient wisdom are a reflection of the fact that all humans are capable of and often share deep intuitions in the form and structures of creation --- which are of course ultimately mathematical. In some sense all of these intuitions (at least those which are correct) are reaching for the same a priori truth.

Sincerely - George Gantz

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando replied on Mar. 16, 2015 @ 00:07 GMT
Dear George,

Thanks very much to give Space to my Time ... in this venerable Mirror.

I hope my notes get enough Harmony to produce the Music to let Physics and Mathematics, dance an Elegant Waltz on a Well Tempered Truth, in the Majestic Carpet of the 21th Century.

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Mar. 28, 2015 @ 11:19 GMT
Dear Dr. Giovanni,

In any numeral system, I think Parity is fundamental, while the ratio 3:2 on Pythagorean tuning, seems to be a proof that the nature of Universe is Mathematical and this may be expressional with the dual wavelengths on wave propagation in Helicity, in an eigen-rotational string-matter paradigm of universe. In this, your work on connecting the numerals with time in space, is much adaptive and useful to me; while the frame of reference for a string-matter segment in this paradigm differs from that of a point-particle.

With best wishes, Jayakar

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Mar. 28, 2015 @ 18:09 GMT
Humm ... Only now, in the day of the Salt, the Sabbath ... I see your comments.

Thanks very much ...

Dear Joe (Fisher) ... I just download your Paper, but the title does not sound good for me. In fact, what we miss (like Humanity ruled by Science) is a correct mode to count Time.

In fact, what I propose is to count Time according to Phi (the Golden ratio, 0.618) ... and so...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Mar. 28, 2015 @ 18:22 GMT
Greetings again ...

... A word 'matteruniverse' from Jayakar (Johnson) inspire me to quote some words/quotes from one of the Addendums of my book about Alchemy: 'A Working Theory of Matter' ... and this addendum say:

"The Universe is yet to be charted, and that which is the unknown the Darkness from which all things emerge is but a manifestation. This Darkness fills all space and is the medium that conveys all heat, light, sound and other emotive waves of any degree of speed." ...

... "Beyond the Universe is the Multiverse. Beyond this is the Infiniverse a Darkness which presses in and through the Multiverse

and the Universe."

Therefore before to leave you ... I can say .. 'There are not only One Universe, or another verse for this Uni-(or single) verse.' ... There are Multiple Universe and a Multiverse ... as well an Infiniverse.

For a Saturday afternoon ... I consider is enough.

Thanks,

Giovanni.

Bookmark and Share

Sujatha Jagannathan wrote on Apr. 1, 2015 @ 11:32 GMT
Great applause for your work.

Good job!

- Sincerely,

Miss. Sujatha Jagannathan

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 3, 2015 @ 10:35 GMT
Dear Giovanni,

I read with great interest your essay, which is close to me in spirit and aims at a new dialectical breakthrough in fundamental science that is based on the sum of all the accumulated knowledge, including Tradition.

I believe that only the deepest ontological turn of the fundamental science will provide an opportunity to get out of the "crisis of understanding", "crisis of interpretation and representation" to the new heuristics.

I invite you to see my analysis of the philosophical foundations of mathematics and physics, the method of ontological constructing of the primordial generating structure, "La Structure mère" as the ontological framework, carcass and foundation of knowledge, the core of which - the ontological (structural, cosmic) memory and information - polyvalent phenomenon of the ontological (structural) memory of Universum as a whole. I believe that the scientific picture of the world should be the same rich senses of the "LifeWorld» (E.Husserl), as a picture of the world poets and philosophers.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 3, 2015 @ 10:44 GMT
Now I read with interest your website ...

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 3, 2015 @ 12:06 GMT
Dear Colleagues Sujatha and Vladimir ...

Thanks very much for your kind words ... about me and my effort, as well let me congratulate with yours perspective which are close to mine.

Physics cannot be separated from Mathematics ... in my research to get back the Edenic Mathematics, I am very close to the Gospels of the Apostles, more than any other 'religious' material also consulted.

Now let me quote the 'miracle' of The Catch of 153 fish. In John 21:1-4 we read ... "10Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish which you have just caught." 11Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land, full of great fish, one hundred fifty-three; and even though there were so many, the net wasn't torn."

How Lord Jesus got this number:153? ... I can tell you because he has mastered the Edenic Math ... not the Cain-Mathematics Post Flood we use today ... and how we can have this Edenic Math ... connected with the Mind of Christ again? ... I consider is only a question of Time.

The planet is Ascending in its Spiral to 4D (a fraction) by 2018 and 5D by 2025 and I consider nothing can stopping us to enjoy again the Bliss of the High State of Mind ... with all the necessary and pertinent updates.

The Wonderful Vedas are old but 'only' about 4000 years ago ... I instead speaks frequently about the Noah Flood which is dated 13,000 years ago in the Age of Leo ... and these Ages are 2,160 years which is well-know by scholars Sergey Smelyakov, Yuri Karpenko commented by them in their "THE AURIC TIME SCALE AND THE MAYAN FACTOR".

For now ... I only wish a Happy Eastern and that the Ray of Resurrection touch Mathematics and Physics.

Blessings,

Giovanni.

attachments: The_miracle_of_the_Catch_of_153_fish.jpg, Photon_Band_temp_2015.jpg

Bookmark and Share

Sujatha Jagannathan replied on Apr. 5, 2015 @ 16:40 GMT
Dear Giovanni,

I'm thankful to you for your precious comments. The answer lies there "How Lord Jesus got the number: 153?"

He's "Lord" that's why!

Everything is 'Im-possible" for Him.

- Sincerely,

Miss. Sujatha Jagannathan

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 5, 2015 @ 17:16 GMT
Dear Sujatha,

Thanks very much for your 'lightful' explanation which of course is correct.

Now there are philosophy in your words, I want to enhance.

What Illuminated Lords (Enlightenment) people predominantly in the East, like the Buddha or Krisna ... and in the West like the Saints ... Saint Francis of Assisi, Saint Francis of Paola, Pio of Pietralcina, Saint Benedetto, Saint Clare, etc ... reach ... can be called or titled, like 'The Mind of Christ' ... which our beloved Lord Jesus of course reach.

Now, my point (beauty I hope) is that everyone can reach this State of Mind, or 'Mind of Christ'.

In a book I edit, is written: "The Mind of Christ is synonymous with the mind of Light and characterizes one whose attunement is specifically directed to the Higher Intelligence."

These concepts ... Our Mind connected with a Higher Mind, or Our Brain connected with a Higher Brain (God Mind) ... are concepts we need to 'translate with a New Math, not Empirical but Quantum, and all this belong to the 'coming' Science of Consciousness' (Physics of Consciousness) of the 21th Century.

... I modestly consider less than 10 years.

... Like you know ... I am very approximative compared with Our Lord and Master Jesus, Lord Sananda, which his exact, '153'.

Thanks,

Giovanni.

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 8, 2015 @ 17:09 GMT
Greetings,

I want to address some comments ... like (not probable, but secure) consequences of the release of this wonderful, Balanced 'New Mathemtics' which I call Quantum Mathematics.

This comment is inspired from a divulgative book about Fermat Last Theorem which ... remain with not Elementary Proof from the days of its statement, in 1657 by Pierre de Fermat. Honestly is a simple problem, unproved.

If we transfer our attention to Riemann Hypothesis, the best close statement that open a door about its Solution is very well connected with Physics, while again the problem remain unsolved from its statement in 1859, by Bernhard Riemann.

And to count three problems ... The 'classical' Squaring the Circle, or to finally say,

Of Course

has been proved 'irrational' by many people (See Hardy, An Introduction) and many others ... but this 'New' which is not New, but the Elegant Very Mathematics ... solve this mysterious problem ... in permanent mode, and this is as Old as ... the Giza Pyramid construction dated 10,800 B.C. (12,815 years ago).

I consider is a Good Investment of my Time to finally solve 'these' puzzles.

Would this Mathematics unlock and solve all the 'unsolved' problems to have the 'correct' Physics ... in short time? ...

I honestly think the answer is affirmative.

Thanks,

Giovanni A. Orlando.

Bookmark and Share

Ted Erikson wrote on Apr. 9, 2015 @ 14:30 GMT
FYI:My Essay 2408 error corrections @

Chicago Section AAPT

Spring Meeting 2015 - Glenbrook South High School

April 11, 2015

8:15-8:45

Registration and Continental Breakfast

8:50-9:00

Welcome and Introductions - John Lewis - Host

9:00 -9:15

Dimensionless Dualities

Ted Erikson - R/E UnLtd. - sdog1@sbcglobal.net

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 9, 2015 @ 15:22 GMT
Humm ...

This Invitation Sounds Good ... for a Continental Breakfast and a Conference.

I live in Southern Italy ... if someone knock the Door with a Sweet Limousine and a First Class Fly attend me in the Rome Airport ... may be I run this small Quest.

Thanks for now,

Regards,

Giovanni.

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Apr. 10, 2015 @ 14:49 GMT
Dear Giovanni,

I think Newton was wrong about abstract gravity; Einstein was wrong about abstract space/time, and Hawking was wrong about the explosive capability of NOTHING.

All I ask is that you give my essay WHY THE REAL UNIVERSE IS NOT MATHEMATICAL a fair reading and that you allow me to answer any objections you may leave in my comment box about it.

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 10, 2015 @ 19:16 GMT
My friend Joe,

In your first two paragraph ... I do not agree with you, Absolutely.

In these years ... about 400 ... Principia of Newton published in 1687, and Mysterium Cosmographicum published in 1596 ... not too much Physics has been released ...

What about ... 'Space Moves like Time?' ... If you assume this concept like Marco Todeschini propose ... The...

view entire post

attachments: s_978-8888768-97-7.jpg

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on Apr. 11, 2015 @ 11:57 GMT
Greetings to my colleagues that follow the updates ...

And I want to address an important statement about the consequences of Quantum Mathematics (a Mathematics that changes) ... to Quantum Physics ... the 'well-know' indeterministic Theory of Quanta of Light like proposed by Max Planck and then confirmed by Professor Einstein.

Well the Schrödinger Equations about Waves ... are 'unfortunately' connected with the Theory of Probability ... Well, Quantum Mathematics can re-write it and we will have also another Quantum Theory ... where the 'Extas' ... connected with Prana (latest words of Telsa) get order and determinism.

Marco Todeschini got the Schrödinger Equations from his 'Theory of Apparences' (similar to an Holographic Scientific Theory) but without to use Duodecimal Quantum Math ...

It is up to us to resolve and re-write these Equations ... in so doing we can ... not only say Good bye to Einstein Theory ... but also say Good Bye to Quantum (Indeterminate) Theory.

To apologize for this disturbance ... I can offer a glass of Wine ... of Course Italian Wine, on a day like this.

Thanks,

Giovanni.

PS. The Extas are the 1/1,000,000 part of an electron and are Electro-Magnetic.

Bookmark and Share

Author Giovanni Alberto Orlando wrote on May. 20, 2015 @ 17:02 GMT
Greetings,

Because I feel many people like my recent article ... I am submitting to your attention.

I hope you like ...

The Multidimensional World in the Multidimensional Universe...

http://www.futuretg.net/index.php/component/content/article/
96-science-of-consciousness/2458-editorial-240-the-multidime
nsional-world-in-the-multidimensional-universe

It recover an Einstein concept about Proper-Time ... commenting about 'coming' Proper-Gravitation as well the old Newton concept of Absolute-Time.

Thanks,

Giovanni.

Bookmark and Share

David Ramsay wrote on Dec. 13, 2018 @ 17:26 GMT
Well the Schrödinger Equations about Waves ... are 'unfortunately' connected with the Theory of Probability ... Well, Quantum Mathematics can re-write it and we will have also another Quantum Theory ... where the 'Extas' ... connected with Prana (latest words of Telsa) get order and determinism.

Cosmo Car Parts

Toyota Mira Car Parts In Pakistan

Daihatsu Move Car Parts In Pakistan

Bookmark and Share

Ethan Campbell wrote on Aug. 20, 2019 @ 05:00 GMT
While there are quantum mechanics courses that tend to skip most of the mathematical details, I wouldn't say that in general quantum mechanics only needs a touch of linear algebra and calculus. To get a good grasp of it, one needs to be familiar with some uk dissertation help functional analysis and spectral theory.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.