Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Robert Bender: on 9/18/14 at 15:19pm UTC, wrote I have to be honest, The picture is what peaked my curiosity about this...

Schatzie Dudee: on 9/12/14 at 19:45pm UTC, wrote Really beautiful. Thank you so much. I don't even know how you did this! ...

burcu cetin: on 9/9/14 at 16:36pm UTC, wrote Dear Andrzej; I saw this video couple of weeks ago and i really liked it....

chris shaw: on 9/8/14 at 17:45pm UTC, wrote Hey Andrzeg, Your imagery is just plain beautiful. It is wonderful to see...

Andrzej Dragan: on 8/14/14 at 9:54am UTC, wrote Thank you. Could you please elaborate a bit more? I would be happy to hear...

Julien Sprott: on 8/14/14 at 5:31am UTC, wrote Nice visual effects, but the physics is inadequately described.

Andrzej Dragan: on 8/11/14 at 15:11pm UTC, wrote Video Image Video URL ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "I am going to tell you an important thing about the aethers. I thought that..." in Alternative Models of...

Joe Fisher: "Jason, I post sensible comments. I do not provide audio files. Joe..." in First Things First: The...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

halim sutarmaja: "dewapoker hadir untuk semua pecinta game poker dengan teknologi terbaru dan..." in New Nuclear "Magic...

Jason Wolfe: "Hi Georgina, Steve, What is reality? The humorous answer, almost at the..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Jason Wolfe: "As for religious fundamentalists, I would rather deal with them, then with..." in More on agency from the...

Jason Wolfe: "The best we can do with the environment is to plant more trees and..." in More on agency from the...

gmail login: "Thanks a lot for the post. It has helped me get some nice ideas. I hope I..." in Bonus Koan: A Lake of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
November 19, 2019

CATEGORY: Show Me the Physics! Video Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Time dilation by Andrzej Dragan [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Andrzej Dragan wrote on Aug. 11, 2014 @ 15:11 GMT
Video Image

Video URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRrEl1Cv6zo

Video Description

This is an artistic, imaginative demonstration of the gravitational time dilation effect. The video involves disturbing effects of dynamical time lapse to attract and puzzle the viewer and convey the message at the very end. The video has won the Golden Medal award for the best personal work at the KTR festival in Warsaw, 2014.

Video Creator Bio

Assistant professor of quantum physics, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Warsaw Professional portrait photographer

Bookmark and Share

Julien Clinton Sprott wrote on Aug. 14, 2014 @ 05:31 GMT
Nice visual effects, but the physics is inadequately described.

Bookmark and Share

Andrzej Dragan replied on Aug. 14, 2014 @ 09:54 GMT
Thank you. Could you please elaborate a bit more? I would be happy to hear about it from you.

Bookmark and Share

chris deane shaw wrote on Sep. 8, 2014 @ 17:45 GMT
Hey Andrzeg,

Your imagery is just plain beautiful. It is wonderful to see art assertively represented in the much vaunted "Art and Science" category (in which art is typically underrepresented or missing altogether). It is shocking to me to see that your "Community" rating is currently so low, and I will now go vote as highly as possible for you to try to fix that a little.

My video, http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2262 , is much more science-oriented, and I admire your submission as an inspiration and challenge to bring more artistic innovation into my own future work in Art/Science and Art/Technology. Thank you for your brave, imaginative, and highly polished submission.

Chris Shaw

Bookmark and Share

burcu cetin wrote on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 16:36 GMT
Dear Andrzej;

I saw this video couple of weeks ago and i really liked it. Than i search u in internet. Now i'm following u on facebook. I'm a writer and now working on a film. u gave insparation to me, thank u :) i wish u'll be successful in this competition and whole your life :)

love and best regards from Turkey!

:))

Bookmark and Share

Schatzie Dudee wrote on Sep. 12, 2014 @ 19:45 GMT
Really beautiful. Thank you so much. I don't even know how you did this!

If you can please vote on our 2 short videos, we would be most grateful!

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2167

http://fq
xi.org/community/forum/topic/2230

Thank you again for all your hard work,

Schatzie Dudee and kids

Bookmark and Share

Robert L Bender wrote on Sep. 18, 2014 @ 15:19 GMT
I have to be honest, The picture is what peaked my curiosity about this video, but I do not understand what it was about. I could not understand the physics. The effects were top notch and this video scared me a bit, but I just think you could have explained the physics aspect a little more.

All Best

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.