Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Alexander Roth: on 9/13/14 at 20:14pm UTC, wrote Dear Dr. Sarwana, This video is a delight to watch --- particularly...

Saad Sarwana: on 9/11/14 at 2:06am UTC, wrote THanks done,please rate mine as well

Saad Sarwana: on 9/11/14 at 2:04am UTC, wrote THanks...done..please rate mine as well

Saad Sarwana: on 9/11/14 at 2:01am UTC, wrote Done...please rate mine as well..thanks

Mark Prince: on 9/10/14 at 22:05pm UTC, wrote Looks like we need to help each other out contestants!!! I have given your...

Sorana Stoica: on 9/10/14 at 16:01pm UTC, wrote Your video is very interesting, and I loved it! It was fun to see this! ...

James Walsh: on 9/7/14 at 10:32am UTC, wrote Hi, Your video is extremely cute. It's great to see your son taking such...

Saad Sarwana: on 8/6/14 at 20:33pm UTC, wrote Video Image Video URL ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Eckard,you seems persuaded by your Words and thoughts.I don t understand..." in First Things First: The...

Eckard Blumschein: "In Darwinism/Weismannism there is no first cause, just a causal chain...." in First Things First: The...

Steve Agnew: "There are some questions that do not seem to have answers in the classical..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Agnew: "Yes, there are two very different narratives. The classical narrative works..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "lol no indeed it is not a lot,like I said I liked your general ideas.I have..." in The Demon in the Machine...

Steve Agnew: "There are three assumptions...is that a lot? The aether particle mass, the..." in The Demon in the Machine...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 14, 2019

CATEGORY: Show Me the Physics! Video Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: 3 Year old discovers bernoulli principle by Saad M Sarwana [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Saad Sarwana wrote on Aug. 6, 2014 @ 20:33 GMT
Video Image

Video URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-6kggM6HM

Video Description

A demonstration of Bernoulli Principle by my 3 year old son. He discovered this all by himself when his balloon was placed near the HEPA filter fan. I then setup the classic hair dryer experiment for him to enjoy and learn.

Video Creator Bio

Saad Sarwana is a dad, a Physicist and an amateur standup comedian.

Bookmark and Share

James Lyons Walsh wrote on Sep. 7, 2014 @ 10:32 GMT
Hi,

Your video is extremely cute. It's great to see your son taking such delight from learning physics. We start to learn physics at least as early as we begin to stand up and fall down as toddlers. I liked that you showed this.

I have a question before I rate your video. The Bernoulli principle says that air is at lower pressure the faster it moves. Wouldn't the fact that the air is moving below the balloon and not above cause a net downward force from this effect?

If you'd like to see our video and rate it as a creator, it's at http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2206. Thanks if you get the chance.

James

Bookmark and Share

Saad Sarwana replied on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 02:06 GMT
THanks done,please rate mine as well

Bookmark and Share

Sorana Dana Stoica wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 16:01 GMT
Your video is very interesting, and I loved it! It was fun to see this!

My video is A universe in a cup of water, I hope you will like it too.

I wish you success!

Victor

Bookmark and Share

Mark Edward Prince wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 22:05 GMT
Looks like we need to help each other out contestants!!! I have given your video a community vote!!! Please can you do the same for mine???http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2136

It is called "convection? Heat transfer? Who cares?"....

I hope that I can rely on you reciprocating the favour!!! Good luck!!

Bookmark and Share

Saad Sarwana replied on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 02:01 GMT
Done...please rate mine as well..thanks

Bookmark and Share

Alexander Roth wrote on Sep. 13, 2014 @ 20:14 GMT
Dear Dr. Sarwana,

This video is a delight to watch --- particularly observing a cute young guy excitedly learn something. The video serves as a good example to parents and grandparents alike in how to expose kids to important science principles.

This gets my community vote of course.

If you have an opportunity I would appreciate a review of my entry (Special Relativity, just geometry).

Best of luck in the competition,

Alexander Roth

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.