Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

KoGuan Leo: on 7/9/14 at 8:04am UTC, wrote Dear Rick, Many science fiction of the past are no longer fiction today...

Rick Searle: on 7/6/14 at 3:05am UTC, wrote Hello Leo, I posted an article giving some publicity to your piece: ...

KoGuan Leo: on 6/7/14 at 3:25am UTC, wrote Dear Alex, Thanks for your generous comment. Yes, I would like very much...

Aaron Feeney: on 6/7/14 at 0:58am UTC, wrote Hi Leo, I finally have had a chance to read your essay and I found some...

Alexandre de Pomposo: on 6/6/14 at 1:02am UTC, wrote Dear Leo, What can I say? I am very grateful that you considered my...

KoGuan Leo: on 6/2/14 at 15:47pm UTC, wrote Dear Jim, Excellent questions. The conventional historians believed the...

James Hoover: on 6/1/14 at 5:36am UTC, wrote Greetings, Leo, Does tianming that I interpret as divine right date back...

KoGuan Leo: on 5/31/14 at 8:43am UTC, wrote Dear my fellow contestants and readers, Our species in general is good and...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Robert McEachern: ""all experiments have pointed towards this and there is no way to avoid..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Steve Agnew, Naturally provided VISIBLE realty am not a silly humanly..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

James Putnam: "Light bends because it is accelerating. It accelerates toward an object..." in Black Hole Photographed...

Steve Agnew: "Stringy and loop quantum are the two big contenders, but neither has a..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Robert McEachern: "Lorenzo, The nature of "information" is well understood outside of..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Georgina Woodward: "Steve, Lorraine is writing about a simpler "knowing " rather than the..." in The Nature of Time

Steve Agnew: "Knowing information necessarily means neural action potentials. Atom and..." in The Nature of Time

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

FQXi FORUM
May 21, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Chinese Dream is Xuan Yuan's Da Tong by KoGuan Leo [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 24, 2014 @ 13:19 GMT
Essay Abstract

If we master our collective will, we can achieve Xuan Yuan's Da Tong in our lifetime by 2049, not only for China but also for all earthlings. The requirement is we collectively adopt the Xuan Yuan Anti-entropic Operating System 2.0 with its Scientific Outlook Rule of Law and Principle, and Scientific Outlook Free-Lunch Economic System is powered by KQID super powerful time-engine. We will restructure the architecture of the world financial system and world economic super-infrastructures to benefit all Tianming Ren, aliens, cyborgs and self-conscious robots, both rich and poor are equally benefits, rather than just for the privilege top one percent that control up to 50% of the world's private wealth. Here and now, everyone shall have free education, free health care, free material wealth and from each to each according to his/her dreams and aspirations. Using the KQID time-engine, earthlings will literally become Tianming Ren with God-like power to create and distribute objects of desire at will. Unchained, we are free at last!

Author Bio

Leo KoGuan is the Founder and Chairman of SHI International, about US$ 5.8 billion last year. Director of KoGuan Rule of Law and Principle Studies Center at Tsinghua University, Peking University, and KoGuan Law School. Global Trustee Emeriti of Asia Society. Since four year old, he has questioned what, how and why Existence and his mission is to answer these questions, and create and distribute Xuan Yuan Anti-entropic Operating System 2.0 that creates and distributes Xuan Yuan's Da Tong for everyone, alien, cyborg and robot alike to have free education, free health care and free material wealth.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 25, 2014 @ 01:56 GMT
Bio correction:

SHI International had the total sales of over $5.1 billions last year and this year SHI International would reach the total sales of about $5.8 billions.

Best regards,

Leo KoGuan, Founder and Chairman of SHI International

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 25, 2014 @ 02:30 GMT
Dear All,

Let's play!

Leo

Bookmark and Share

Member Rick Searle replied on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 02:39 GMT
Very interesting essay, Leo.

One advantage I have always thought China has over countries like the United States is the depth of its past. As Churchill said "The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see". I love the way your essay look for the roots of the present in ancient philosophy.

One question, however, a lot of the essays in this contest express a deep anxiety over resource constraints and the negative impact on the environment of continued growth. Students of mine who are from China or are visiting relatives there often complain of pollution water scarcity etc from rapid growth. Your essay does not really express concern on this matter. Can you explain your thoughts on how universal prosperity is possible with out destroying the biosphere.

Rick Searle

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Anonymous wrote on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 04:46 GMT
Excellent point, Rick. You have also an interesting and thoughtful essay that I will make comment soon. I taught both at Peking University and Tsinghua University for a year and half. I experienced 4 months of continuing coughing caused by lung infection due to severe pollution there. Moreover, my blood pressure shot up from a normal 130/80 up to extremely high188/95 later and still having high...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 04:48 GMT
Excellent point, Rick. You have also an interesting and thoughtful essay that I will make comment soon. I taught both at Peking University and Tsinghua University for a year and half. I experienced 4 months of continuing coughing caused by lung infection due to severe pollution there. Moreover, my blood pressure shot up from a normal 130/80 up to extremely high188/95 later and still having high blood pressure now, and my artery was somewhat clogged.. Yes, I experienced myself the health effect due to severe degradation of environment to our quality of life. Xuan Yuan is a rational environmentalist and solemnly declares his love of his lands. He CHERISHES Earth. He advocates not only to transform earth into objects of desire for human's well brings but also to respect, take are and live with nature seamlessly. He declares: " Revering the Heaven, cherishing the Earth, and holding the people dear,..." Yes, we must put the value and price on our environment as important part/cost of any Scientific Outlook on Development of Free-Lunch Economic System. KQID time-engine would enable us to possess truly unlimited power and would ultimately recycle all atoms in our garbages/wastes back into our objects of desire. Yes, we use and reuse our about approximately 10^50 atoms of our Earth and about 10^80 atoms of our universe again and again since atom is known to be identical in time. Yes we shall develop our 3D printers to utilize atoms as their raw materials. We shall turn on our creation and distribution engine to create and distribute abundant goods of desire from our wastes. In the beginning, we are using molecules and proteins as the raw materials of our 3D printers. Even later in about a million years later, we will accumulate god-like Wang Yangming's unity of knowledge and action, we can use abundant qbits/bits to create, distribute and manipulate Existence at will. I believe Newton-Thermodynamics, Maxwell-Einstein-QM wonderful and powerful engine can only support No-Free-Lunch system, whereas KQID time-engine would give us god-like power to enable us not only to live a god-like existence but also to prevent us from extinction. We are actually in the border of being dead and alive it is Leibniz's best of all possible worlds. We need KQID to survive in the impossibility of Existence. Thus KQId must exist in the best possible world. Yes I am a rational optimist if we adopt and deploy Xuan Yuan Anti-entropic Operating System 2.0, we shall be leisurely, pleasurably and creatively living in Nature as avatars of our Ancestor FAPAMA Singularity Qbit (00, +, -). Yes our Qbit smiles and says: "everything is well and good."

Yours sincerely,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 08:43 GMT
Rick, wonderful indeed. I read it three times in three different occasions to understand your ideas more fully. We definitely share the idea that we need to define our common destiny clearly, so that most mankind would agree and work together to realize this common dream. As you wrote: "We need something like the idea of Utopia for this shaping. We need it as both a prototype and moral template...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Member Rick Searle replied on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 19:53 GMT
Leo,

For over five centuries it has been the West that has defined the future, a definition which was certainly colored by our past- whether Greco-Roman in terms of democracy, or Christian-Jewish views of a linear narrative leading to an “end of history”.

The West is no longer alone in defining the future and has been joined by other civilizations with histories, religious traditions and philosophies as deep, or deeper, than our own. Most of the essays in this contest reflect the ideas of the West, but yours brings to consideration ideas of a whole other section of humankind. Your essay begins to answer a question I have wondered about for some time- how does China understand the future?

To be frank, I have no idea how to judge your ideas. They seem to combine elements of physics and Ray Kurzweil like Singularity, cosmology, quantum physics and ancient Chinese philosophy very little of which I am qualified to dissect. I have grave doubts as to whether universal prosperity you hope for really is environmentally sustainable. Nevertheless, I voting to get you to the top of the pile so that others better able than myself on these questions can grapple with your ideas. In large measure the question of whither the future in China will answer the question of whither the future of humanity.

Best of luck,

Rick Searle

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on Apr. 29, 2014 @ 01:56 GMT
Dear Rick,

You are right on environment sustainability is definitely mankind greatest challenge in this century and beyond. We as self-conscious and well meaning citizens of Earth and our universe must deal with our toughest challenge. Due to contest constraint, please find below Xuan Yuan's sustainability of our fragile Gaia wellbeing.

Scientific Outlook on environment

We must be environmentally conscious beings. We live and are integrated part of our Gaia health and wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing are intertwined with the health and wellbeing of our environment. We understand clearly that our environment is given to us for free but it is NOT free to keep it clean and healthy. Our Ancestor Xuan Yuan is a rational environmentalist. He solemnly declares his love of his lands. He CHERISHES Earth. He not only transforms Earth into objects of desire for human's wellbeing but also respects, takes care and lives with nature seamlessly. He declares: "Revering the Heaven, cherishing the Earth, and holding the people dear,..." Yes, we must put the value and price on our environment as important part/cost of any Scientific Outlook on Development of Free-Lunch Economic System. Clean and healthy environment is not free in our Free-Lunch system. We must incur costs to maintain and even improve our environment. However, theses costs are paid for using our free energy. Thus, it is actually free to us and free to our Multiverse, although it is not free to our universe. KQID time-engine would enable us to possess truly unlimited power that would enable us to recycle all atoms in our garbages/wastes back into our objects of desire. Since all atoms are identical in time, we use and reuse our about approximately 10^50 atoms of our Earth and about 10^80 atoms of our universe again and again. Best of all, atom is free. Yes we shall develop our 3D printers to utilize atoms as their raw materials. We shall turn on our creation and distribution engine to create and distribute abundant goods of desire from our wastes. We recycle our wastes into products. We develop waste nothing society. In the beginning, we are using molecules and proteins which are costly as the raw materials of our 3D printers. We have to use energy/heat/entropy to make molecules and proteins from atoms. In the future, we should be able to use atoms as our raw materials. Far into the future, say about a million years later, we will develop and accumulate god-like Wang Yangming's unity of knowledge and action, we can even use abundant qbits/bits as raw materials to create, distribute and manipulate Existence at will.

Existence is a miracle. Existence is impossible and yet we exist. We are actually in the border of being dead and alive; it is Leibniz's best of all possible worlds. Newton-Thermodynamics-Maxwell-Einstein-QM have powerful engines that put man on the Moon to fulfill our long desire. However, it is good enough to support No-Free-Lunch Economic system. As Noble Laureate economist Milton Friedman bluntly summed it up: "There is no free lunch!" The star scientist of this No-Free-Lunch system is the great genius Einstein whom I idolized and who modestly stated that we could not comprehend how we can comprehend nature. He said: "The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." This statement was true before KQID. KQID theory of everything understands not only why we comprehend nature but also KQID reveals what, how and why Existence. KQID in principle could modify and enhance Existence. KQID Ouroboros Equations of Existence embeds God inside the equation. Thus, KQID Anti-entropic engine would give us god-like power to enable us not only to live a god-like existence but also to prevent us from extinction. We need KQID to continue to exist from the imperative of Non-existence. KQID anti-entropic system is designed to fight against the imperative of Non-existence powered by the universal entropic power of the Second Law of Thermodynamics ΔS ≥ 0 that pulls down order into disorder. KQID builds order out of disorder by supplying energy A, anti-entropic force, into a system to temporarily allow to decrease entropy locally and temporarily ΔS ≤ 0, so that we continue to exist. We escape from the clutch of entropic force S. We run fast enough to be just one step away from annihilation in the nick of time of T, absolute digital time ≤ 10^-1000seconds. Thus KQID must exist in the best possible world not only to exist but also to improve the state of Existence. If we adopt and deploy Xuan Yuan Anti-entropic Operating System 2.0, we shall be leisurely, pleasurably and creatively living in Nature as avatars of our Ancestor FAPAMA Singularity Qbit (00, +, -). If we follow this Xuan Yuan's roadmap, our Ancestors Qbit and Xuan Yuan would smile and say: "Everything is well and in good order."

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Apr. 27, 2014 @ 17:37 GMT
Greetings Leo KoGuan,

I am happy to see you have an essay entered, and also to see your invitation to play - as that is the subject of my essay, and a favorite topic of mine. I have yet to read your essay, but I see already something in the abstract that is worthy of comment.

Indeed; it is sometimes the misconceptions of a limited view of Science that create a self-fulfilling prophecy out of the no free lunch principle. An example is the view of Thermodynamic Entropy as the progression of chaos or disorder, where as you know I favor the view of Lambert and Leff that entropy involves the dispersal of energy and the spreading of energy and substance into the surrounding medium.

The view that the increase of disorder is a law of nature has served as an excuse for the worst of human behavior, and an indulgence in activities that erode the autonomy of humans and their ability to choose their fate. I have even known people who use this mentality as a rationale to adopt a discordian philosophy - where the individual spreads chaos through mischievous acts and believes himself to be the agent of natural law.

So in a case like that; it is a more enlightened view of Science that delivers people from hateful acts of disruption, by shining the light of truth on the common misconceptions of how Nature works. I am eager to see what you have to say on this, in your essay. As you know; I do not find myself in absolute agreement on all aspects of the KQID system of understanding, but I find great value in your efforts to take the divine inspiration of enlightened knowledge and put it into human readable form.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Apr. 27, 2014 @ 17:41 GMT
I should perhaps add..

I find the image of spreading and sharing energy much more life-affirming than the unending progression of chaos. This point should be obvious from the above, but is worthy to point out explicitly.

Thanks again,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 05:07 GMT
Yes John, we share the same idea about play. Play is work; work is play. We shall continue our discourse later and I read your essay and agree with it. I will make more comment later. Gratefully yours, Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 16:22 GMT
Jon, not John, sorry for the extra h above. Leo

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 04:51 GMT
My comment on "The Thermodynamics of Freedom by Edwin Eugene Klingman"

John, what a master piece! Unfortunately only few souls on Earth can understand you fully. I am one of the few who fully understand the full extend of your idea, because I also embeds thermodynamics as the heart of my KQID( KoGuan Quantum InfoDynamics). Of course at KQID, it is not only about heat/energy flows but also information flows as Shakespearian meme-actorIΨ(CTE)) as the wave function of consciousness, time and energy acting in relativistic Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm) hologram Multiverse. Rather than Gaussian bell curve, I would propose the hokey stick curve as the hybrid of your two classes scenario. Most people are equally rich and free unchained from human as well as nature's handcuffs with few extremely rewarded and rich individuals who do works that are breaking and removing those chains that chain us. You correctly made the point that an absolute equality is simply impossible. No energy no flow, and no flow no work. No gradient no flows. Your opening statement is powerful and to the point. You wrote: " How Should Humanity Steer the Future? By allowing maximum individual freedom to pursue dreams and expand horizons. History has shown that humanity works best when freedom is maximized; in fact, the purpose of instituting governments is to maximize individual freedom." Yes, we need a system to maximize freedoms. In mine, I advocated Xuan Yuan Aanti-entropic Operating System 2.0. Yes remarkably we share the same view. I incorporated Chinese philosopher Yang Zhu (around 400B.C)who advocated for-self philosophy and advocated the individual six freedoms and life enjoyment fully here and now:

Allow the ear to hear what it likes, ~~Do~~

the eye to see what it likes, ~~Re~~

the nose to smell what it likes, ~~Mi~~

the mouth to say what it likes, ~~Fa~~

the body to enjoy the comforts it likes to have, ~~Sol~~

and the mind to do what it likes. ~~La~~

Yes similar to but even more individualistic than that of Epicurus as well as Jefferson. Yes, Chinese believes in and enjoys individual freedoms just like everyone else.

I rated your essay the highest score that you deserve.

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 5, 2014 @ 06:53 GMT
I repost it here.

Dear Lawrence,

Fantastic essay indeed! You wrote powerfully and wonderfully: "The question in the end is whether this in fact might be a good thing. We are in age where the ability to simulate the world is very advanced, and will advance much further. Further, the interface between human brains and computers is becoming very close. For an overview of the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 16:11 GMT
Dear Professor KoGuan,

Your essay is superb. It is by far the most cogently argued and meticulously organized essay published on this site. Please forgive me for my comment.

Reality is unique. KQID is not unique. The noble aspirations of the Chinese and American people, or any people for that matter, will never become a reality as long as both countries continue to only teach abstractions in all of their schools.

With the highest regard,

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 17:01 GMT
Dear Joe, happy to meet you again in this Forum. Thanks for your kind words. I agreed with you that reality, no matter how small it is like electrons, protons or even a bit in the computer logics are unique in absolute digital time T ≤ 10^-1000 seconds and unique in the latitude and altitude in 3D time (space) in time Lm. It is orbiting our Sun with the speed of about 30 Km/second while spinning on iits axis 24 hours a day. Together, our solar system, we are also orbiting the center of our Milky Way galaxy at the speed of about 220 km/s and so on.. In orther words, at least the coordinates of each bit, electron and proton are in flux as Heraclitus pointed out over 2 thousand years ago. Thus, KQID agrees with you in fact. Although, for practicality we can deem all electrons and protons are identical in time. It is practical to measure quantum phenomena to collapse the wave function to survive and/or exert control over nature as much as we could solely for our survival as well as to improve our state of being here and now. In KQID every digit 1 as you eloquently pointed out is actual unique. Just like we are counting 10 apples to buy and sale with the same price per apple although each apple is unique and each has unique intrinsic value, it is ignored for practicality to evaluate each apple of its intrinsic value. We can measure it to eternity, we would fail because each time it is unique. A month old picked apple is clearly different from one day old picked apple. I think any realist if he is a true scientist must agree with you. I agree with you in principle but not in practicality of Existence. I will read and rate your essay favorably as I always do. So far I have rated 10 to all essays that I rated because I found each is uniquely great essay. Also I am practicing Giving first Taking later principle. I hope it will work in practice.

Best regards,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Apr. 30, 2014 @ 15:00 GMT
dear professor Leo KOGUAN,

It is a real pleasure to meet again in this contest of FQXi that is so near to your own perceptions of our society.

Indeed the Chinese philosophy is much more enlightened and less material then the western thinking.

The philosophy of Xuan Yuan to reach a higher goal for humanity is one of the goals I am trying to express too in my work because I...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 3, 2014 @ 11:24 GMT
Dear John, thanks for your kind and generous comment. I also think that we are a soulmate of consciousness. You and I are one in the Spock's mind-meld. Our souls are entangled somehow and somewhat.

Yes indeed and I quote you: "The total amount of energy the earth is receiving each day from the sun is 174 PETAWATT (1015 Watt)!!! This divided by the 7 billion habitants , gives an income per...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 5, 2014 @ 06:55 GMT
Sorry Wilhelmus de Wilde, I keep calling everyone John. I must be too tired lately. My apology. Best wishes, Leo KoGuan.

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on May. 8, 2014 @ 17:12 GMT
Dear Leo,

Very original and deep essay. Yes, indeed, to more reliably steer the Spaceship called Earth, Humanity must have a "Great Dream" and "The Great Common Cause". Chinese philosophy helps create the reality of such a Dream. It is extremely important that you updated the concepts "Dao" and "Law". I believe that they lie at the base of a new model of the Universe of the Information age . And even more deeply in the Knowledge Based - "magic matrix Luò Shu". "Dao" and "Law" allow more confident to overcome the dangers that meets Humanity and the Earth in Space. Science can give Humanity a lot. But it must be open to Humanity . Great Dream always go alond with Freedom without fear, Hope, Love.I wish you success in the contest and research! It's time. We start the path. The New Era and a New Generation demanded action. «Let's sing together a song of delight».

High regard,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on May. 9, 2014 @ 10:17 GMT
Dear Vladimir, thanks for your generous comment. Fu Xi-Xuan Yuan Bagua is connected with the "Lo shu magic square" that if we add up the numbers in each diagonal, column, and row , we always get fifteen (15). My KQID is also based on Fu Xi-Xuan Yuan's digital Bagua that represents nature as well as human society. I read and rated highly your original essay. I am glad to be part of Gaia concerned citizens. I am rationally optimistic that we have great future and the best has yet arrived because of you the participants.

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Thomas Howard Ray wrote on May. 15, 2014 @ 12:08 GMT
Leo,

It was a delight to meet a soul-mate who understands as I do that education and mobility are human entitlements just as necessary as food, clothing and shelter.

"Man is born free but enslaved everywhere by No-Free Lunch Economic System, the economic and philosophical paradigm of today."

Indeed. I can't see that the world will be safe for democracy unless we discard this cynical myth, and learn to be wealthy together.

Strong score from me.

All best,

Tom

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 15, 2014 @ 16:32 GMT
Dear Tom,

Thanks for your kind comment for my essay. We share the same idea that not only a free-lunch system is possible but it is mandatory. I pointed out in my essay that the no-free-lunch system is based on the false myth that the no free lunch system is the eternal truth. This is false! We can have a free-lunch system powered by KQID free-lunch engine. I agreed with your argument here: "Point is, the metastability of the system over time suggests that a continually shifting range of activity represented by changing hub configurations is self limiting; as a result, the global domain is largely protected from the danger of positive feedback – i.e., a loss of system control and potential widespread self- reinforcing destruction. In the history of the world wars, one can identify such unchecked feedback of escalating hostilities. Even in the present world, one can make a good argument that the specter of damaging positive feedback, festering in individual areas of the world – among failed governments, local armed resistance to despotic regimes, piracy, organized crime and racketeering, human trafficking – is tinder for a future conflagration."

Let us fight together to debunk this false myth. I rated your original unique essay a full ten (10) that it deserves.

I wish you well always,

Leo KoGuan

reply to this thread

Bookmark and Share

Aaron M. Feeney wrote on May. 15, 2014 @ 19:09 GMT
Hi Leo,

Thank you for your kinds words. I'm glad you liked my essay so much. I look forward to reading yours and others this weekend, after my last final in my technical program.

Warmly,

Aaron

Bookmark and Share

Aaron M. Feeney replied on Jun. 7, 2014 @ 00:58 GMT
Hi Leo,

I finally have had a chance to read your essay and I found some very interesting thoughts in it. Like my friend Marc below, I also enjoy the Arthur C. Clarke quotation you included. I have given you a good score. Thanks for adding your thoughts to our forum and I wish you all the best!

Warmly,

Aaron

Bookmark and Share

Member Marc Séguin wrote on May. 16, 2014 @ 03:30 GMT
Hi Leo,

Your essay is quite imaginative - your really think "outside the box"! I particularly like your quote, from Arthur C. Clarke,

"The goal of the future is full unemployment, so we can play."

I agree with you on the importance of education. In my essay, I argue that to optimize the effect of education on our ability to successfully steer the future, we should refocus the curriculum on issues that are the most important for the future of humanity... what I call the "Futurocentric Curriculum". If you have the time to check out my essay, rate it and comment on it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Marc

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 16, 2014 @ 05:58 GMT
Dear Marc,

We share the same goal and idea.

"If humanity is to successfully steer the future, its citizens will need to rise to the challenge and become future-literate. Let us bet that knowledge is a good thing, and that the more numerous are the citizens of the world who have a sound basic understanding of the way the world is and evolves, the more happy, prosperous and secure the future of humanity will be.

Let the Futurocentric Education Initiative begin. Educators of the world, the future is in your hands!"

I give you a full mark 10.

Best of luck,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Cristinel Stoica wrote on May. 16, 2014 @ 07:52 GMT
Dear Leo KoGuan,

I found your essay very interesting. Xuan Yuan seems a fascinating thinker, who almost five thousand years spoke about human rights and freedom in a way very close to the way we see them today. Also, I like very much your words "Thus, because each is working for his/her dreams and aspirations, everyone is super creative, super innovative and super productive in his/her creation and distributions of his/her objects of desire." I also agree that people are slaves because of their mortgages, and while this seems fair, because they are given the opportunity to have a house or a car, the truth is they are enslaved for this, and are not protected at all against the real estates price manipulations. This kind of issue should be covered by the most basic insurance, but it is not: some get incredibly rich by manipulating the market and destroying other's lives. You advocate and support freedom from catastrophic insurance of all types, from unwanted and boring jobs, and free education and health. We are free in theory to do various of things, the price being that to free ourselves from some chains we have to accept others, for instance, if we want to have access to health care and to education for our children, we can't be free from unwanted and boring jobs, and so on. We are always forced into compromises of any kind. In Romania (my country), compromise happened during the communist regime before 1989, and now it happens again under various regimes that fight for the power. It is so nice that from time to time people who honestly try to help and give free lunches appear. I wish you good luck with the essay!

Best regards,

Cristi

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 16, 2014 @ 08:56 GMT
Dear Cristi,

We share the same dreams and aspirations. You wrote: "Man is a lost child, trying to find his way. The main purpose of science, technology, ethics, politics, religion, should be to understand and support humans, their freedom and right to happiness."

I rated your essay highly.

Best wishes and good luck,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on May. 16, 2014 @ 19:25 GMT
Greetings Leo KoGuan,

Your essay was a delight to read, and I think you are one of the best at articulating the future we would all like to have - of any of the essay authors. Xuan Yong's Da Tong is more than just a Chinese Dream; it is an enviable state of affairs for any society to achieve, and one to which all enlightened human beings aspire. The main deterrent is the prevailing...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 17, 2014 @ 04:44 GMT
Greetings Jon, grateful for your kind remark. I wish you are doing well here and now, Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Don Limuti wrote on May. 17, 2014 @ 22:19 GMT
Hi Leo,

High aim is most admirable, (low aim is a crime). This essay has the highest goals and gets my admiration. I also like your concept of the Planck Mind.... Perhaps it should be listed along with the other Planck Units :)

Logic, Mystery, Play, Humanity, New and Ancient Knowledge who could ask for more!

Good to see you in another essay contest. Wishing you success in everything!

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 28, 2014 @ 00:32 GMT
Hi Don,

You made my day! by giving me the best compliment possible. You commented above that my essay is "Logic, Mystery, Play, Humanity, New and Ancient Knowledge who could ask for more!"

You are so kind, and we thus do have future! We must treat each other well and we will have fun and prosper together. This is our logical goal that we all share. We must eliminate ignorance and Scarcity, hence, humanity shall have a great and unlimited future. We shall work together to bring about wisdom, knowledge and abundance; so that we all share a good life together.

I hope we can collaborate someday.

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on May. 19, 2014 @ 15:06 GMT
Leo,

How wonderful to escape the modern western domain that struggles so badly to face up to infinity and eternal life. I feel we are in many ways embedded into a deep rut with understanding limited by the walls. Many claim practical considerations preclude what they call 'flights of fancy'. I don't agree. I've 'practically' shown how we can scientifically derive eternal rebirth through regular and infinite recycling of our very protons with unlimited energy, explaining a host of anomalies. But this year I open the crack around that shell by showing that 'spooky' quantum effects are purely classical effects we haven't understood. Will it be another 4,000 years before we do? If seems perhaps so the way we thin, so all the more refreshing to be shell-shocked by a whole new and ancient view.

I commend you, and I wonder if my recycling cosmic eternity isn't really very close that of the ancients. The second law does not survive as entropy is a temporaray state. Most of the greats have proposed versions without the ontological construction. The 'big bang' is all the more remarkable as a fatherless survivor fed only by our fear of thinking beyond some defined point and to infinity.

Very best wishes

Peter

Reading for after you've read the essays; Eternal proton recycling.

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 24, 2014 @ 12:56 GMT
I repost my comment in this blog.

Peter,

I think your essay is outstanding and very creative. I like it very much. We don't agree on everything. At least I agree that "there was no boundary between the classical and quantum worlds". If I may explain that KQID theory is monism. Therefore there is only one physics and one entangled hologram Existence. KQID Five Ones: one source Qbit( 00, +, -), one principle of "Giving first Taking later", one theory of "bit is it, and it is bit", one formula Ee^iτ = A + S ⊆ T that iteratively produce unitary one (1), that creates and distributes one entangled hologram Existence. We are all connected.

Your essay is a masterpiece, it is unique and it is creative. I rated your essay the highest score ten (10). I noted from your comment that many trolls in this contest thus I noted that be fire I voted you got 5.9 average score voted by 42, now it is 6.0 voted by 43.

I wish you the best and hope we can become friends,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Ajay Bhatla wrote on May. 24, 2014 @ 06:49 GMT
Hi Leo,

Finally got to read your essay. I like it.

I totally agree with you when you say: "man has the unalienable right to pursue his/her own personal goal in life" and "from each to each according to his/her dreams and aspirations".

Where we may be slightly different is your emphasis on "collective will" while I emphasize individual freedom in my essay (here). I look forward to your comments.

-- Ajay

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 24, 2014 @ 13:13 GMT
Ajay,

I agree with your conclusion that "Humanity can succeed at this by steering the global public to play, dream and tinker with science." On your comment on "collective will" here means that we collectively as individuals are working together to achieve Xuan Yuan's Da Tong. For example, Ajay is one person but he is made of about 75 trillions of cells that are working collectively as one Ajay.

Thanks for your comment. And I will repost this in your blog.

Best,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Philip Gibbs wrote on May. 27, 2014 @ 17:17 GMT
China is well on the way to taking over as the worlds greatest power and the Earth will be a better place for it. Great essay

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on May. 27, 2014 @ 22:41 GMT
Phil, You are very kind. Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 28, 2014 @ 04:07 GMT
I repost my comment here.

Dear Alexander and Preston,

Wonderful and important essay. Yes I concur that "Minds are central; they are the foundation of humanity’s past, its present, and its future." Yes science is the most important of mankind discovery and treasure. Without it, we shall extinct as a species. However, uncontrolled science not governed by Scientific Outlook Rule of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 29, 2014 @ 12:45 GMT
Dear Alex,

Excellent essay. I found your reply to John above is more compelling to me pertaining to your conversation with Prof. Prigogine because I incorporated the concept of time as ONE dimension and it is in the zeroth dimension of time. KQID theory postulated that 3D time is space and 3D time as space is moving orthogonally inside time Lm, Minkowski Multiverse timeline in the zeroth...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 29, 2014 @ 15:38 GMT
I repost my comment here.

Dear Torsten,

Excellent essay. I like it. I do believe that not only technology but Existence itself is subject to mutation, selection and co-evolution. In my KQID theory, Existence mutated, selected and co-evolved as a one entangled hologram Existence every absolute digital time T ≤ 10^-1000seconds.

KQID-Euler Ee^iτ = A + S ⊆ T.

I rated high to boast you rating up because it must be so.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Torsten Asselmeyer-Maluga replied on May. 29, 2014 @ 21:17 GMT
Dear Leo,

thanks for your time to read my essay.

I agree with you (but was not brave enough to state in my essay) the whole existence is itself subjkect to evolution. Many thanks for the rating (I do the same for you)

I'm really impressed by chinese philosophy for a long time. The thoughts are quite non-linear and holistic (in contrast to the linear and local thinkling in the wetsern world). I'm totally agree wit your KQID theory but it seems interesting.

Berst wishes and good luck for the contest

Torsten

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on May. 29, 2014 @ 23:58 GMT
Dear Torsten,

Thanks for your kind words. You are very kind and our species is kind, only scarcity, ignorance and condition that they find themselves (only the minority as part of mutation, selection and co-evolution) make them sometimes evil. Most people even in hardships are still doing good for themselves and for others. Our species by nature is good and it is Leibnitz's best of all possible worlds.

Like our ancestors before, they applied their science and technology of their time, we must do the same. We must use our accumulated unity of knowledge and action to deal with our species existential risk of extinction as real as any moment of our sum-over-histories. We must unify with diversity all thought in humanity and science, East and West. KQID has done this. KQID unifies Existence into one entangled hologram Existence in one source, one principle, one theory, one equation and one entangled Existence. KQID Five Ones and KQID Five Laws of Existence are actually only one and only our Ancestor Qbit(00, +, -) that computes, stimulates and project Existence onto our world. Thus, KQID is monism and is so simple: meme actor ΙΨ(CTE) and its self-created relativistic stage Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm). Thus, ΙΨ(CTE) and Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm) are the same Shakespearian player with different roles with different exits and entrances. Both is actually the Qbit itself. Everything is connected and it is one and only Qbit (00, +, -). Absolute simplicity that spawns infinite complexity that we have observed as the Wheeler's observed phenomenon. From absolute zero entropy to infinite entropy that is expanding without ending without cost to Existence and to our Ancestor Qbit.

Best wishes to all contestants who are brave enough to subject themselves to humiliation and defeat, so that others would live in dignity and be victorious in life. Let life lives free here, now and forever.

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 30, 2014 @ 00:04 GMT
Dear Torsten,

Thanks for your kind words. You are very kind and our species is kind, only scarcity, ignorance and condition that they find themselves (only the minority as part of mutation, selection and co-evolution) make them sometimes evil. Most people even in hardships are still doing good for themselves and for others. Our species by nature is good and it is Leibnitz's best of all possible worlds.

Like our ancestors before, they applied their science and technology of their time, we must do the same. We must use our accumulated unity of knowledge and action to deal with our species existential risk of extinction as real as any moment of our sum-over-histories. We must unify with diversity all thought in humanity and science, East and West. KQID has done this. KQID unifies Existence into one entangled hologram Existence in one source, one principle, one theory, one equation and one entangled Existence. KQID Five Ones and KQID Five Laws of Existence are actually only one and only our Ancestor Qbit(00, +, -) that computes, stimulates and project Existence onto our world. Thus, KQID is monism and is so simple: meme actor ΙΨ(CTE) and its self-created relativistic stage Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm). Thus, ΙΨ(CTE) and Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm) are the same Shakespearian player with different roles with different exits and entrances. Both is actually the Qbit itself. Everything is connected and it is one and only Qbit (00, +, -). Absolute simplicity that spawns infinite complexity that we have observed as the Wheeler's observed phenomenon. From absolute zero entropy to infinite entropy that is expanding without ending without cost to Existence and to our Ancestor Qbit.

Best wishes to all contestants who are brave enough to subject themselves to humiliation and defeat, so that others would live in dignity and be victorious in life. Let life lives free here, now and forever.

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 31, 2014 @ 08:43 GMT
Dear my fellow contestants and readers,

Our species in general is good and our species is kind, only scarcity, ignorance and conditions that they find themselves in (only the minority as part of mutation, selection and co-evolution) make them sometimes evil. Most people even in hardships are still doing good for themselves and for others. Our species by nature is good. Life despite of its many shortcomings is Leibnitz's best of all possible worlds.

Like our ancestors before, they applied their science and technology of their days, we must do the same. We must use our accumulated Wang Yangming's unity of knowledge and action to deal with our species existential real risk of extinction at our moment of Feynman's sum-over-histories. We must unite with diversity of all thought and wisdoms in humanity and science, East and West. KQID has done this. KQID unifies Existence into one entangled hologram Existence in one source, one principle, one theory, one equation and one entangled Existence. One in many and many in one. KQID Five Ones and KQID Five Laws of Existence are actually only one and only our Ancestor Qbit(00, +, -) that computes, stimulates and project Existence onto our world. Thus, KQID is monism and is so simple: Shakespearian meme actor and identity operator ΙΨ(CTE) as the bits-waves function of consciousness C, time T, and energy E. This sole actor and conscious identity operator sets itself its own stage where all its dramas are staged and played. This stage is KQID relativistic stage Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm) hologram Multiverse. Thus, ΙΨ(CTE) and Ψ(iτLx,y,z, Lm) are the same Shakespearian actor in our Multiverse's stage with different roles with different exits and entrances. They are actually the Qbit itself. Everything is connected and it is one and only Qbit (00, +, -). Absolute simplicity that spawns infinite complexity that we have observed phenomenon as the real Wheeler's phenomenon. Seth Lloyd's simplicity and complexities of quantum computer spawns Existence from absolute zero entropy to infinite entropy that is expanding without ending and without cost to our Ancestor Qbit as no qbits/bits is ever allowed erased. All qbits/bits are immortal. Thus per Susskind's QM and Landauer's principle, dS/dt = 0. According to KQID, surprisingly delightful, our Multiverse is only the Wheeler's observed "particle" as the standing bits-waves of Existence. Our Multiverse (iτLx,y,z) is living in time (Lm); and time is pregnant with our Multiverse.

KQID calculates when our universe theoretically ends and compares our universe lifespan from the Bit Bang to now about 13.8 billion years with our human lifespan of about 100 years, our fetus universe exists about 1/100,000 seconds or 10^-5 seconds just after the Cosmic conception. Thus, if this is true and I certainly believe so because this truth revealed by nature through KQID theory, we might be the only species of our intelligence in our universe, we are the aliens who will spread our intelligence to all known worlds. That means we are the most precious cargo that our fetus Universe carries. We are the most precious children that our universe gives birth to. Let's united in diversity of thought, opinions, desires, personalities and wills; let's fight together against our common enemy: dead, suffering, ignorance, scarcity, uglyness, meanness and evil; and let's fight for our common goods: life, knowledge, joy, abundance, beauty, kindness, and wisdoms. Let life lives free here, now and forever.

Best wishes to all contestants who are brave and generous enough to subject themselves to humiliation and defeat, so that others would live in dignity and be victorious in life. To FQXI team and contestants, it is my great honor and privilege to participate in this contest of ideas. Thank you for giving me the stage to share my thought. Thank you for giving me your praises and critiques.

Let's all hymn the song of Humanity's delight,

With joy and tears in my eyes, I sing this song,

DoReMiFaSolLa...LaSolFaMiReDo....,

Leo KoGuan

I would rather be a bumblebee poet than not to be,

Red lantern pearls of Wang Yangming's blood and tears are lighting up paths in darkness,

I sing and dance Xuan Yuan's Da Tong.

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Jun. 1, 2014 @ 05:36 GMT
Greetings, Leo,

Does tianming that I interpret as divine right date back to the Zhou dynasty? The Western world's concept seems like a poor imitation since enlightened rule was rare. It didn't usually pretend to rule with righteousness and benevolence, and certainly wouldn't admit divine removal for cause.

Too bad that the US hasn't fully accepted the right to free education, free health care, and equal opportunity. It is only a wise investment. Is there significance in achieving Xuan Yuan's Da Tong by 2049?

High marks for a thoughtful essay.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Jun. 2, 2014 @ 15:47 GMT
Dear Jim,

Excellent questions.

The conventional historians believed the Mandate of Heaven concept was developed by one of the Founder of Zhou Dynasty, Duke of Zhou. However, Duke of Zhou wrote a formal legal argument in writing to explain in detail the justification for Zhou to overthrow Shang and to take over the mandate to rule China. This document is part of Zhoushu(historical...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Alexandre de Pomposo wrote on Jun. 6, 2014 @ 01:02 GMT
Dear Leo,

What can I say? I am very grateful that you considered my writing and that you even took a look on the replies I have received. You truly honored me.

Your comments based on your articles, the one you wrote for the present contest and the others from 2012 and 2013, incited me to have a close look on them and, I am happy I did in detail. KQID is a very exciting view on...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo replied on Jun. 7, 2014 @ 03:25 GMT
Dear Alex,

Thanks for your generous comment. Yes, I would like very much to talk and discuss with you about physics and philosophy. Xuan Yuan's Anti-entropic Operating System 2.0 is a comprehensive system involving the epic creation of Existence: the what, how and why Existence. It covers not only philosophy, physics, law, economics but also how we should live our lives. Simply put, my attempt to create and distribute the Theory of Everything. It covers East and West from Fu Xi, Xuan Yuan, Kongzi, Yang Zhu, Zhuangzi and Wang Yangming but also Pythagoras, Parmenides, Heraclitus, Epictetus, Epicurus, Descartes, Newton, Boltzmann, Maxwell, Einstein, Wheeler-Feynman etc.

Certainly it is my honor and privilege to become your friend. Hopefully, we will meet and discuss our mutual interests.

I wish you well always,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Member Rick Searle wrote on Jul. 6, 2014 @ 03:05 GMT
Hello Leo,

I posted an article giving some publicity to your piece:

http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/searle20140705

All the best!

Rick Searle

Bookmark and Share

Author KoGuan Leo wrote on Jul. 9, 2014 @ 08:04 GMT
Dear Rick,

Many science fiction of the past are no longer fiction today but simply science. Similarly, many utopian ideas like no man should be enslaved by one or the few are more or less the paradigm of today. The liberation movement is on and it is our imperative and I simply advocate that what was not achievable in the past is now achievable or shall be be realized in the near future. I also propose that since the paradigm of no-free lunch has been falsified by nature, since the creation of Existence like our universe and Multiverse were out of nothing. The no-free lunch paradigm of reality of today is simply because the defunct state of our knowledge and obsolete know how. I showed the way that this is no longer true. Our ancestors' dream of Da Tong of Great Unity in diversity can be achieved if we are united in our will to have it. It is no longer by principle not achievable. Now by principle Xuan Yuan's Da Tong is achievable, it is a matter of political will and education to all that would enable this state of Da Tong within our grasp. For many millennium before to go to the Moon, was only a fantasy but today it is a matter of will and resources. As a matter of principle, it is achievable in fact.

In the end we are all have similar dream to be free to dream what we want to dream about. We are free to choose and pursue our own separate dreams and aspirations. KQID combines and unifies all science of Newton, Thermodynamics, Electromagnetism, Relativity and Quantum Mechanics, and also combines and unifies the science of laws and economics. By applying KQID, we are accelerating rapidly from a state of scarcity to a state of abundant. The paradigm of scarcity must be purged and hence the no-free lunch economics of Milton Friedman is passé. As I wrote above and you quoted in your blog: "Unchained, we are free at last!"

Best wishes and thanks for quoting me,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.