Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Peter Jackson: on 6/2/14 at 16:03pm UTC, wrote Ram, I'm pleased to have got to your essay which I found a well thought...

Ram Bansal: on 5/17/14 at 11:02am UTC, wrote Dear Mr Bhalla, There are many loose ends to initiate move towards...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 5/16/14 at 16:36pm UTC, wrote Dear Ram, Thank you very much! Great concept «Celebration of...

Ajay Bhatla: on 5/12/14 at 0:04am UTC, wrote Ram, Your "intellocracy" has many names, like Utopia, Nirvana ... and has...

Aaron Feeney: on 5/10/14 at 3:39am UTC, wrote P.S., I will use the following rating scale to rate the essays of authors...

Ram Bansal: on 4/22/14 at 7:42am UTC, wrote Dear Mr Joe, Thanks for the kind wish and sparing time to read my essay....

Ram Bansal: on 4/22/14 at 7:41am UTC, wrote Dear Mr Joe, Thanks for the kind wish and sparing time to read my essay....

Joe Fisher: on 4/21/14 at 16:08pm UTC, wrote Dear Mr. Bansal, Reading your essay was quite an enlightening experience...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Robert, re. your ""one huge mistake"- they are describing non-existent..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Robert McEachern: "They are proud, because they have solved some problems, which are..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Robert McEachern: "Eckard, I do have an interest in the history, but not as much as I used..." in First Things First: The...

Georgina Woodward: "The Schrodinger's cat thought experiment presents 3 causally linked state..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Roger Granet: "Well put! Physics is hard, but biochemistry (my area), other sciences..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Steve Dufourny: "lol Zeeya it is well thought this algorythm selective when names are put in..." in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

Steve Dufourny: "is it just due to a problem when we utilise names of persons?" in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 18, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: How should Humanity Steer the Future? by Ram Kunwar Bansal [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal wrote on Apr. 16, 2014 @ 20:46 GMT
Essay Abstract

Humanity drifted from the path our well-intentioned ancestors chose for developing the human civilization. Religions and spirituality were discovered by some miscreants to dominate over the humanity and exploit people. Democracy too is failing the people in meeting their aspirations. Humanity has come to a stage when every aspect of human life of people is governed by...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Hasmukh K. Tank wrote on Apr. 17, 2014 @ 08:27 GMT
For a successful democracy, voters must be educated; and candidates contesting elections should be educated and honest. Due to money-power and muscle-power, honest and intelligent people are unable to contest elections. Therefore, in the year 2008, my typist and me had sent some suggestions to the election-commission, the supreme court, and the President, that: (i) Actually, those who do not turn-out for voting do nor prefer any of the contestants. If there is a provision of a button that "I prefer NONE of the ABOVE", then you will find what the people feel about the contestents. And I am happy that this suggestion has now got implemented. (ii) Second suggestion from us was: that for Village-panchayat-elections, and local-body-elections, every adult citizen can vote; but for the state-assembly-elections, those who have passed 'assembly-voter-test', in which a voter's knowledge of democracy, citizen's rights and duties...are tested, only those certificate-holders should be able to vote. This test can also give boost to education. And for the parliamentary-elections, those citizens who have passed Diploma or Degree cources, and also passed 'Parliamentary-voter-test',should be able to exercise their frenchise. Such tests will also give boost to education. That was our second suggestion. But it is yet to get implemented.

The essay suggests to hand-over total powers to single individual; but no individual can be expected to be expert in everything; so the dicisions should be taken by a team-of-experts.

Of course, I congratulate the author of this essay for initiating this discussion in this forum.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 11:49 GMT
Thanks dear Mr Tank for your considered views. Problem in most of the democracies is of hijacking of the Democracy by miscreants, who don't allow any betterment.

Bookmark and Share

sridattadev kancharla wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 14:59 GMT
Dear Ram,

Not all religions and spiritual organizations are bad, there is always some parts of the system that reflect badly on the whole. If there was no religion and spirituality, we would not be having this discussion at this moment as we would have become extinct long ago with out these controls in place.

Please read

Levels of consciousness[link/].

Yes, there is a mathematical equation for the absolute universal truth of conscious I, and it is

zero = i = infinity

Regarding a system for seeking the truth to be adapted by everyone at all stages in life, internet is the best medium to do that. It is for this reason I have created a custom search engine and a portal of portals

Any Body Can Do - Everything For Good to popularize the truth.

I am a father of 3 little boys of ages 8,6 and 3 and I know it is not an easy task to teach them some good behavior and not to fight with each other with out enticing them with some gifts. It's amazing how even though they are biological brothers in the shorter frame of time and space of a single family, they tend to fight so vehemently sometimes. Now I can understand this situation extrapolated to a large scale of human kind, which easily forgets the truth of brotherhood and fights. It is for this reason we need to find ways to remind us all of who we really are and hence the fancy website to grab the attention. You might find categories in the website which are purely entertaining as it is a crucial part of enticing an ever wandering human mind.

"I thinks, therefore we are"

I thank you for your work and I hope you will adopt and spread your alter egos work of "Any Body Can Do - Everything For Good" as well.

Love,

I.

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 17:36 GMT
Thanks, Sridatta, for reading and commenting on my views expressed in the essay. I have thoroughly researched on religions and spirituality and found that the very purpose of their origin had been to misguide the humanity and exploit innocent people. I-spite of this, I see and know that some good people also got attracted to religions and spirituality and they did good to these concepts and the humanity. Humanity won't be extinct without the religions and spirituality, rather its condition would improve for practice of intellectualism, which is now blunted in the name of faith.

anyway, I appreciate your good intentions in being a religious person.

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 15:08 GMT
Dear Ram,

Plato and newton had the same thoughts as you have.

It is an idealistic view that I share but this view is darkened by dualism essence of humanity, each action gives a reaction, we are constituted as mixture of good and bad, and the total 100% good individual is not existing as for now, however we seem to move forward in time so nwhy not move forward in our mentality ?

I agree with you on many points and certainly in your opinion about democracy. My point of view is another idealistic perception namely that consciousness is eternal and that we are each other the creators of our reality, so the most important issue is to change our "mentality".

I hope that you might find some time to read my essay : "STEERING THE FUTURE OF CONSCIOUSNESS"[:link] maybe leave a post on my thread and eventually rate it in conformaty of your appreciation.

Best regards

Wilhelmus

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 17:43 GMT
Thanks Mr Wihelmus for sparing your precious time in reading my views and commenting. I would read the whole of your essay, a little later and let you know my views.

I agree with you on 'Consciousness' as the pivotal issue for further evolution of humanity. It is the conscious approach that makes us better human-being. Incidentally, this is my ongoing eBook project which may take about a month to complete.

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 19, 2014 @ 11:12 GMT
Dear Ram,

I was very interested to read Your essay. You live in the country of ancient original culture, in which today most strongly manifested all problems of modern Humanity. So Your ideas and findings are very important to select the sustainable development of Humanity.

Yes, You are right, modern democracy requires in-depth qualitative improvements. India's experience is very important here. Also important is the experience of all Humanity, of all peoples. I think that the new "Internet Generation" will be able to build a more secure Future. Here is a great assistant - the Internet. The Internet revolution for humanity will make more profound social transformation, than the revolution of printing. The most important thing is the preservation of world peace and development of the system of modern education, in which an important place will be occupied Philosophy and Ethics. It is necessary to train a person who is able and wants to think deeply. Together we have to go forward with regard to the memory of the past.

As said well Rabindranath Tagore:

Tired in my way I asked the destiny:

Who pushes me in my back so ruthlessly? -

Look back! - I look - and the complaint ceases:

It is my past who pushes me forward.

Thanks FQXi which gives the opportunity to share new ideas on a global scale!

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 13:08 GMT
Thanks dear Vladimir, for your considered views and interest on India and her importance in determining future of democracy along with rest of the world.

Yes, I agree fully with your view that only a thoughtful humanity can do something to improve her lot. I have been working on it through my limited resources and call this thoughtfulness as 'celebration of intellectualism' and write about it on my website - http://www.celebrationlife.in

Please see it and suggest what more we can do for a better future for humanity.

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 16, 2014 @ 16:36 GMT
Dear Ram,

Thank you very much! Great concept «Celebration of Intellectualism»!

Good luck in the contest!

I invite you to comment and appreciate my ideas.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein wrote on Apr. 19, 2014 @ 13:04 GMT
Dear Ram Kunwar Bansal,

You might answer my question to Tejinder Singh from a less religious perspective.

I consider my opinion even less illusory and not at all patriotic. Be cautious, some other ones who refer to actual politics refer to what you are calling intellocracy as oligarchy or even cleptocracy.

I understand that people in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh were happy when they managed to escape British rule. However, Germany's most precious asset might be its relinquishment of nationalism, no strive for revenge and living in peace with many lost territories.

Regards,

Eckard

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 13:13 GMT
My dear Eckard,

Nationalism may have a place in an individual's consideration, but it must always be secondary to Humanism with intellectualism as a part of it.

Thanks for your sparing time for the interaction.

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Apr. 19, 2014 @ 14:17 GMT
Dear Ram,

hank you for your response on my thread.

You say : I agree with the perception of consciousness but cannot agree with your perception of "matter" as being a creation of consciousness.

I would like to ask you why it is that you "believe" still in the "billiard ball" perception of matter while everything in physics is indicating that also matter is only "wave" or "field", so an excitation of a field, and this excitation is once we are aware of it only memory. Our ((5) senses are i"incorporated" in the same memory and so the "awareness" is also only memory that is the origin of the awareness of "reality" , so it is ALL an ILLUSION created by our consciousness...

best regards and thanks for your attention

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 13:19 GMT
Dear Wilhelmus,

Physics like all other sciences keep on making and unmaking theories with the ultimate truth being far away.In my view, matter is more than mere memory or some other concept like that. It is at par with space and time, and consciousness also being of the same value.

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward wrote on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 09:15 GMT
Dear Ram,

good to read your thorough manifesto. I found a number of things that I agree wholeheartedly with. I agree health and contentment of the people should be top priorities. I have suggested that those might be better measures of success than economic growth.

You have mentioned the exploitation of women and how women should have respect in the home. I do think child rearing is an important role and deserves dedication of at least one parent. I do not think every woman should be expected to find all personal fulfillment in the home as women, just like men, have different hopes, aspirations and drives to succeed in different fields.

The problem of population is one of the most important problems facing the world.So it is good that it was included. I'm not sure the equal sharing out of land idea is ideal. Some people have the motivation to cultivate their land, raise stock or carry out some kind of horticulture or aquaculture others have absolutely no interest in working with the land and would rather carry out some other kind of service or business. It might be better to give more land to those who will make it most productive, especially as climate change may severely affect the World's food supply.Just a thought.

Didn't see any physics but an interesting, well written essay. Good luck, Georgina

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 13:25 GMT
My dear Georgina,

I am thankful for your agreeing with me on major issues before humanity. I beg to clear here that my view on land is not for equal sharing but of its availability to each unit on demand for a lease rent. Land for home of each must be available free of cost.

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Apr. 21, 2014 @ 16:08 GMT
Dear Mr. Bansal,

Reading your essay was quite an enlightening experience for me and I was impressed by the tolerance for the British you displayed. I do wish your essay well in the competition.

Regards,

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 07:41 GMT
Dear Mr Joe,

Thanks for the kind wish and sparing time to read my essay. Tolerance of Indians to British was well-placed for the latter being a disciplined race, in light of the same for Islamic invaders who were thieves, dacoits, fugitives, womanizers, extremists and intolerant to other religions and communities. British did some key developments in India, comparative to which even the local leaders have not done after independence.

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 07:42 GMT
Dear Mr Joe,

Thanks for the kind wish and sparing time to read my essay. Tolerance of Indians to British was well-placed for the latter being a disciplined race, in light of the same for Islamic invaders who were thieves, dacoits, fugitives, womanizers, extremists and intolerant to other religions and communities. British did some key developments in India, comparative to which even the local leaders have not done after independence.

Bookmark and Share

Ajay Bhatla wrote on May. 12, 2014 @ 00:04 GMT
Ram,

Your "intellocracy" has many names, like Utopia, Nirvana ... and has been advocated throughout human history. Unfortunately, however, we cannot seem to get it accomplished. Why do you think having "Intellocracy" is so difficult?

Another thread I saw in your essay is that all existing institutions are required in an Intellocracy: there is a government and regulation, there is taxation, individual do have rights (divided into individual and social lives), nations exist, wealth generation is a national necessity, etc etc.

The only thing different between the present and Intellocracy is a bunch of rules, norms, etc, like the third kid gets no vote, women get more prominent roles, freedom will be under strict regulation by government, etc. The vast majority of the 7 billion (or those in power) do say they want (maybe not as harshly as Intellocracy does) these same goals.

So what do you think is the real and first to-be-removed barrier to making Intellocracy real? What, if somehow, we get to Intellocracy again (which you say humanity once had) we will not loose it again?

- Ajay

Bookmark and Share

Author Ram Kunwar Bansal replied on May. 17, 2014 @ 11:02 GMT
Dear Mr Bhalla,

There are many loose ends to initiate move towards intelocracy, a few of these are -

Voting Rights in proportion to capability of individual voters,

Curtailment of voting rights of those producing children more than a preset number to deal with the problem of overpopulation,

Abolition of private ownership of land to bring in more parity. etc.

Basic purpose of Intellocracy is to bring in more parity in humans so that the Democracy works as it must.

Thanks for devoting time and your interest in the subject of Intellocracy.

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Jun. 2, 2014 @ 16:03 GMT
Ram,

I'm pleased to have got to your essay which I found a well thought through and presented manifesto. But what 'is' intelligence and how is it measured? I argue strongly that we massively underuse the potential of our brains and should be teaching (yes, free) different and better ways to utilise it not just cramming it full of so called 'facts'. Perhaps your intellocracy would be the challenge for people to make that effort!

Our essays are very different but I think both of excellent value in their own way. Unfortunately mine has been more obscure to most, removing the stupidities from our understanding of nature, while yours rewards those who remove their own stupidity. That was a nicely written, interesting and easy to read essay which I'll score accordingly. Well done. I hope you electrical engineering training may help you understand the science in mine if you manage to read it.

Best wishes

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.