Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Anonymous: on 6/15/14 at 11:46am UTC, wrote FQXi Contest 2012-2014. General conclusions. Extremely hot topic...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 6/14/14 at 17:51pm UTC, wrote Thank you very much, dear Wilhelmus! I also congratulate you on your...

Wilhelmus de Wilde: on 6/14/14 at 16:10pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir, Congratulations with your high score in the community...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 6/6/14 at 10:21am UTC, wrote The above was me

Anonymous: on 6/6/14 at 10:16am UTC, wrote Dear Neil, Many thanks for the deep and important comment. On my system,...

Neil Bates: on 6/5/14 at 22:26pm UTC, wrote Vladimir, you're welcome. Below is a copy of the definition of "eidos" from...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 6/4/14 at 10:17am UTC, wrote Dear Neil, Many thanks for your kind and insightful comments. Yes,...

Neil Bates: on 6/4/14 at 1:51am UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir, I find your proposals quite creative. I think Protogeometer...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "FQXI you too I need your help, come all too we have a work to do there..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "lol REVOLUTION SPHERISATION everywhere at all scales,REVOLUTION..." in Alternative Models of...

Georgina Woodward: "The kind of time required, over which the material change is happening, (to..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "after all like Borh has made,this universe and its spheres for me are like..." in Alternative Models of...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Lorraine Ford: "With the “A.I. Feynman” software, Silviu-Marian Udrescu and Max Tegmark..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Georgina Woodward: "Coin toss co-state potentials: With the measurement protocol decided, in..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 23, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Protogeometer: Falling Into Future by Vladimir I. Rogozhin [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 16, 2014 @ 20:30 GMT
Essay Abstract

Universe silence … Why? TechnoSfera … Where does it move? BioSfera … Where is the “non-return point”? NooSfera … What to do? The deep mind looks for primordial senses of the “LifeWorld”(“LebensWelt”). Сonsciousness, matter, memory … Self-Consciousness… Сonsciousness is attracting senses vector magnitude, intentional effect of absolute complexity. The Vector of Сonsciousness - the Triune Vector of absolute forms of existence of matter (limit states), the Vector of the Absolute Existential Field of the Universe, a polyvalent sense phenomenon of Ontological (structural, cosmic) Memory. Open Сonsciousness Vs. Closed Сonsciousness. On the basis of ontological and existential constracting method – method of a discretion and a reflection of existential repère-point, the Vector of Сonsciousness places milestones on ProtoGeometre's long way – the way of “knowledge of good and evil”, of rises and fallings, of births of “absolutely another”, from the point “Alpha” to the modern “point” of ultimate tension of the Absolute Existential Field of the Universe. Existential risks of Humanity and Open Science. New Open Generation realizing all existential risks of Humanity passable way and risks of coming Information era creates the Self-Aware Universe, filling it with the most deep meanings of the “LifeWorld”, at the heart of which Axiom of an absolute freedom of choice is laid. The minimum Program to overcome existential risks. The United Humanity raises up five Great Philosophers' Stones in memory of Protogeometre's rises and fallings on a long way of becoming of Humanity. Humanity is on a threshold of an Era of Eonic thinking.

Author Bio

Engineer (MPEI), economist (Russian Foreign Trade Academy), independent researcher since 1989: ontology, philosophy of physics and mathematics, philosophy of Сonsciousness, member of XX World Congress of Philosophy (Boston, 1998), I-IV Russian Philosophical Congress (1997-2005), The First Conference "Philosophy of Physics: actual problems", The Third Russian Conference "Philosophy of Mathematics: actual problems" (MSU, 2010, 2013). general manager INTERNETIA Co Ltd: intellectual social networks. My beloved daughter Victoria supported me at creation of my essays. We are convinced that Philosophy - the most rigorous and joyous Science for the greater Good of all Humanity.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 17, 2014 @ 09:54 GMT
Dear friends,

I give the link to my blog in Russian and the full text essay in English

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 17, 2014 @ 11:04 GMT
I give the link to my blog in Russian http://elementy.ru/blogs/users/ideabank and the full text essay in English http://ideabank46.livejournal.com

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 06:30 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

I think, Non environment-friendly Humanity is causal for the accelerating metamorphoses of Earth by the dynamics of the universe that effects Genetic degradation on physical capabilities of Human. This may proceed with the destruction of Humanity while independent protein clusters of virus may survive till the organic matters of earth changes to inorganic.

With best wishes,

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 09:09 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

Many thanks for your comment. I agree with you. Therefore it is necessary to build earthlings, as taught by Rene Descartes, "clear and distinct" Global System for Existential Security to reduce the level of risk for Humanity.

Such a system is not yet in the World. Earthlings "butt" with each other, thought about flights to other planets, instead of more reliably control the Future on planet Earth for the benefit of new Generations, for the benefit of children and grandchildren.

With best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 16:33 GMT
Dear Mr. Ragozhin,

I was truly impressed by your essay. There was an effortless spontaneous clarity about the writing that made your essay seem so eminently readable. I do hope that it does well in the competition.

With my highest regards,

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 18:06 GMT
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for your kind comment. In the near future I will start to read your essay.

With best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward wrote on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 10:16 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

an epic journey through the myth and evolution of man to the present day and beyond, poetically portrayed. I found your lists of risks and solutions an odd contrast. For me the least beautiful but most interesting part of your essay. That's because realization of what we are facing and what we can do about those risks will determine how we steer.

Good luck Georgina

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 11:00 GMT
Dear Georgina,

Many thanks for your kind comments and suggestions. I'm waiting for your essay ...

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Ryoji Furui wrote on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 14:57 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

interesting essay! thoughtful listings for the better future at the end sections. fqxi indeed gathers people who have deep thoughts for the earth or human beings.

wish you good luck!

ryoji

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 19:27 GMT
Dear Ryoji,

Thank you for your kind comment! Good luck to you and new ideas for reliable energy future spacecraft named "Earth".

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

sridattadev kancharla wrote on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 15:22 GMT
Dear Professor Vladimir,

I thank you for supporting the idea of "exponential spiritual chain" and I enjoyed your description of how consciousness evolved over time in human beings.

We need to sustain the sphere of universal knowledge of love for humanity to survive for a while on this planet earth. Internet is a good medium for providing the means to all who are interested in to realize their full potential and hence I created a tool (website)

Any Body Can Discover - Everything For Good Hobby.

I hope to be of some contribution in the way we steer the humanity as the rest of us in this contest are trying to do with their wonderful ideas.

Love,

Sridattadev.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 19:20 GMT
Dear Sridattadev,

Thank you for your kind comment on my essay! Yes, indeed, the Internet and new information technologies will help make our world more sustainable. Together we must make the effort to reduce global risks more reliably steer the ship named "Earth" in a joyful Future.

Thank you for your joyful link!

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

George Gantz wrote on Apr. 21, 2014 @ 19:05 GMT
Vladimir -

An extraordinary essay - I wish I could read it in Russian as I'm sure some of the concepts would be clearer and more precise! I was struck by many of the common threads between your essay and mine, The Tip of the Spear, particularly on the evolutionary transition of humanity from paleolithical to anthropocene to the modern era, and on the nature of the institutions that now control (and potentially destroy) human progress.

I'm not sure I understood your meaning in using the word "protogeometer", and I would love to hear more. Is this referring to Husserl's interest in early human geometry and the abstraction of form before the formalizations of Euclid? Or is this a reference to pre-geometry, the topic raised by Wheeler and others in the context of models for quantum gravity? In which case. Or both?

Thanks. I look forward to your response. - George

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 21, 2014 @ 20:40 GMT
Dear George,

Many thanks for your kind comment. I began to read your essay. As for the "protogeometer " Husserl, then I had a goal to dig up the "beginnings of geometry", to the first signs - prototektons, see the initial "buried meanings". And they are certainly far deep in millennia, long before the Egyptian and Greek geometers. My first guide to traveling with "protogeometer" was Pierre Teilhard de Chardin . Remember his words : «But in depth, a great revolution had taken place: consciousness was now leaping and boiling in a space ...». After " protogeometer " painted "path" and "wave" of consciousness (vector consciousness) , I delved into the problem of foundation of knowledge, especially the fundamental sign systems - mathematics and physics, and then the problem of the structure of space, the nature of time and information. Quantum idea had extended to the idea of "quantum of thought-action" ("qualitative quantum") to draw a model of "the Self-Aware Universe "(V.Nalimov). As well said Alexander Zenkin: «The truth should be drawn and should be presented to "an unlimited circle"of spectators.»( Alexander Zenkin Science counterrevolution in mathematics)

My ideas are reflected in the essay FQXi 2012 and 2013.

I give the link to my blog in Russian).

Best regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

George Gantz replied on May. 27, 2014 @ 14:45 GMT
Vladimir - Thanks for the reply and for the comment on my essay! I do not follow all of your comments and references - probably because my exposure to the literature you are referring to is so limited. I do think that pre-geometric concepts will continue to offer fruitful pathways through some of the puzzles in current cosmology and physics. Keep up the good work!

Cheers - George

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 27, 2014 @ 19:19 GMT
Thank you. George, for your kind comments, important questions and your profound essay, which is very close to me on spirit and direction of research. Yes, I hope that "the language of geometrical representations" lead physicists to model "Self-Aware Universe" (V.Nalimov), the same for physicists and lyricists. Then steer the future will be much easier. Physicists in the world is much smaller than lyricists and need mutual understanding and a deep understanding of the Logos (The Law, The Principle) and the Eidos of the Universe-Cosmos.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Giacomo Alessiani wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 03:04 GMT
Hi Vladimir , I am reading some of the essays . Very interesting and original many of those . I want to say thank a lot, for the very positive comment received in the past contest . And I gave another look to Delta-logic. In the essay You describe the delta-logic in the sense of "increment" . If You change the position, as a change of shape, in place of increment . Then the idea is very similar to the shape dinamics , this mean close to Julian Barbour .

My Best Wishes for the contest . A presto.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 19:17 GMT
Hi Giacomo,

Many thanks for a deep analysis of my essays. I think that the idea of "Increment absolute forms" a loaded meanings, namely the generation of new forms of meanings, new structures in their diversity. The central idea here - is the idea generation, which gives access to the idea of "ontological (structural) memory" and further to the phenomena information and time.

Con grande rispetto,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

murat Asgatovich gaisin wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 03:32 GMT
Dear Vladimir Rogozhin,

Integration of large amounts of information, analysis, and most importantly the findings, is respect for the author.

Regards,

Murat Asgatovich Gaisin

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 18:11 GMT
Dear Murat,

Thank you very much for your kind comment. I begin in the next few days to read your essay.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Anselm Smidt wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 17:00 GMT
Schwer zu lesen. Die Sorge um existenzielle Risiken gültig.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 18:58 GMT
Sehr geehrter Herr Anselm Smidt,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Kommentare. Mögliche Schwierigkeit des Textes durch Fehler der Übersetzung aus dem Russischen ins Englische. Wie für Programme zur globalen Risiken zu begegnen, bedarf es wirklich tief "Brainstorming" offenen Wissenschaft und Behörden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Apr. 23, 2014 @ 02:46 GMT
Very happy to see you at here

The essay has demonstrated extensive knowledge of your society with a particular interest for the future

Best wishes with the highest score for the passion and enthusiasm of you

Hải.CaoHoàng

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 23, 2014 @ 07:12 GMT
Dear Hai CaoHoàng,

Many thanks for your kind comment and appreciation of my essay. I will start in the near future reading your essay.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari wrote on Apr. 24, 2014 @ 11:04 GMT
Dear Vladimir (its nice being able to say that without feeling I am in a solipsistic loop!)

At first reading I could not say I understood everything in your essay, but I was struck by a sense of serious intent, an urgent search for answers, and a sweeping poetic vision that thinks nothing of the practical and political problems of moving the UN to Iceland! May this search and others give little Victoria and all of humanity a new lease of life well beyond 2030!

Your Protogemetre kept reminding me of Blake's paintings of Newton and another of the Ancient of Days bending down drawing figures on the ground with a giant compass. Reminiscent of Archemides drawing figures on the ground just before being killed by soldiers. I hope humanity and its best plans find a better fate!

Are you saying analytical geometrical thought has boxed in and limited human thought and reality, and that we should find another more natural starting point? Neo scientific Zen Buddhism rather than Greek logic?

Best wishes

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 24, 2014 @ 19:39 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your deep and interesting comment. Search "the beginning of geometry" is important for solutions the problem of justifying knowledge, especially for basic sign systems - Physics and Mathematics, overcome the "crisis of representation and interpretation" (T.Romanovskaya)

This requires an integrative approach that includes all systems of knowledge, including traditional, rational and irrational. Knowledge needs a solid foundation, but it is not available.

The present crisis in basic science - a " crisis of understanding ." But to understand to mean "grab structure" (G.Gutner Ontology mathematical discourse)

Journey to the beginning of knowledge helps you see, justify and draw the structure of the "beginning" in the "language of geometric representations." As well said Alexander Zenkin: «The truth should be drawn and should be presented to "an unlimited circle"of spectators.»( Alexander Zenkin Science counterrevolution in mathematics)

Physical picture of the world should be the same rich sense as world picture lyricists.

Unified picture of the world for physicists and lyricists - then management of the future of humanity more reliable, because there will be understanding.

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 24, 2014 @ 20:08 GMT
Vladimir, a look at the guitar (my favorite tool) - its image contains an absolute eidos Universe... "String theory" still demands the ontological justification ...

Bookmark and Share

Gyenge Valeria wrote on Apr. 26, 2014 @ 10:41 GMT
Dear Vladimir!

At first let me apologize my longer comment, but because I keep important these thoughts putting here and relevant for the content we are speaking of, I hope, I do not overload you.

I found your essay one of masterpieces among lot of very good essays I could read until. You are giving very clear listing of the existential risks of the present state of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 27, 2014 @ 09:26 GMT
Dear Valeria,

I thank you for very deep comment and questions.

I will try to answer them with my assistant GOOGLE.

Thanks for links concerning evolution of the genus Homo and its stages, but I generally analyzed and interpreted signs which were left by our ancestors for us. I didn't divide the genus Homo into subspecies. My "progeometer» - «homo universalis». In the concept I analyzed generally evolution of real signs which "progeometer" left for us on Earth in the course of world knowledge. The aim is the search for "buried primary meanings" and then - the essential foundation of fundamental symbolic systems - mathematics and physics, understanding the nature of information and time as polyvalent phenomena of the ontological (structural, space) memory. Eventually, I built a model of the Universe, which included the primordial limit senses of the "LifeWorld" (E.Gusserl). This was the main result of all my research, presented in three essay contests FQXi 2012-2014.

The concept of "eidos" (image) I represents the "spirit", "body", "consciousness." Therefore, the "language of geometrical representations" I understand how the language of images in a broad sense. This concept I took Basil Nalimov in his article "The universe is aware of itself."

Thanks for all your links, I start reading soon.

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Gyenge Valeria replied on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 09:11 GMT
Dear Vladimir!

Thanks you for reading my long comment, and further looking after.

Sorry if there may be misunderstanding due to I haven't any knowledge about "protogeometer'. I did some looking after, however it is some 'gap' in my apprehension, in this sense.

In a broader view, I can also understand the mathematics and physics would be the highest abstraction languages with which relation and transformations of the spirit=(inherent)consciousness and physical body(as a vehicles of consciousness) would be described, giving more refined interpretation how the memory works through a medium we call - mind.

However, I a bit disagree, putting the 'image of 'man' somehow equal with an abstract symbolic systems. This is 'rigid' interpretation only, which can put outside one his own thoughts, who actually wish to conceptualize and describe the fundamental meaning through very himself..

This is a long time problem with remarkable thinkers, they are inclined to think out of his actual bodies. Simply said, they forget they are in a complex physical body meanwhile they are doing any kind of abstraction to describe, apprehend the fundamentals! So, even they may be at a highest level of understanding of the basics, even they can lose his humanness closer to an everyday man, during this process. This is bigger danger, than do not understand quite exactly the fundamentals! I only tried, to point out to this in my essay too.

High regard,

Valeria

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 30, 2014 @ 10:15 GMT
Dear Valeria,

I totally agree with you. Protagoras said, "Man is the measure of all things." Through mathematics and physics I would like to understand more deeply the concept of "measure", and then "grab" the very first structure of the Universe. Abstraction is born in the mind of the first structure. Picture of the world of physicists and poets can be only one. Now, unfortunately, the picture of the world is fragmented and its grounds are illogical, so sad:

We do not see the world in detail,

Insignificant all and fractional.

Takes me sadness from all this.

Alexander Vvedensky(1930)

And how to steer the Future fragmented World?

High regard,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Cristinel Stoica wrote on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 06:28 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

Very interesting essay. I like how you considered various risks, walked through great philosopher's ideas, and proposed practical ways to make them helpful for humanity.

Best regards,

Cristi

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 28, 2014 @ 10:18 GMT
Dear Cristi,

Many thanks for your kind comment. Yes, it is valid that the Humanity developed more steadily, reconsideration and activization of all world philosophical heritage is necessary. The Philosophy is a «rigorous science» (E.Gusserl), and joyful, the Science which accustoms to think more "clearly and distinctly"(Descartes) to allocate the main thing in the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Apr. 29, 2014 @ 18:19 GMT
Vladimir,

Excellent job again. If only we could educate our children to think in that way we'd have some chance. I picked out my favourite two proposals of your comprehensive 'road map' for a way ahead;

1) Deep radical reforms of education systems directed on education of the creative, responsible and ethical human. The philosophy and Ethics have to be the main basic disciplines in education of existentially open personality

2)..creation of Global system of search and selection of new knowledge.

Though I do wonder if our penchant for bureaucracy and self interest may allow those to function without the full package. In a way the monopoly of academia on point 2 has already planted us into a theoretical rut which is increasingly difficult to escape from.

Great essay, right on topic. I hope to see it near the top of the pile.

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 30, 2014 @ 09:41 GMT
Dear Peter,

Many thanks for your kind comment. I think that there is a hope for the reliable future for new open generation. The generation which grows without fear, but thinks of the future and of the future of the following generations, suspects decades forward. The Philosophy gives the chance to raise creative, altruistic open generations of inhabitants of the spaceship by name "Earth". Obviously, it is also necessary more purposefully to overcome "understanding crisis" to enter for students the special courses "Philosophy of Mathematics" and "Philosophy of Physics" at mathematical and physical faculties.

Many thanks of FQXi and to all patrons of contest, that brings together people for "brainstorming" on very important topics of modern Humanity. I think that such open world competitions directed on search of new ideas, it is necessary to carry out in all directions of Knowledge. The subject of this contest peculiar and comprehensive. She forces to think not only about science development, but raises comprehensive questions of the human being. The science is a part of culture and information era, information revolution presses for reorganizations of the system of science, its openness to society. Information technologies gradually, step by step open society, the power, the Person. Saving life and Humanity on Earth is the general task which for the first time in the history rose before modern generation and she demands from all the deepest concentration of mind and spirit. So - in the way for a new generation going ahead ...

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Ajay Bhatla wrote on Apr. 29, 2014 @ 22:28 GMT
Vladimir,

I enjoyed reading your essay.

Your linking "converting power of the mind" and "the meaning for a genuine humanity" are right on.

I also like your list of what a "minimum program must include" but this list does not include any focus on empowering individual people that are really not an integral part of an institution, government, global body or even a for-profit or non-profit? Any reason to ignore the resourcefulness and imagination of the many individuals that make a difference on their own initiative?

- Ajay Bhatla

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 30, 2014 @ 09:57 GMT
Dear Ajay,

Many thanks for your comment. Very valid and important questions. My idea of the «creation of Global system of search and selection of new knowledge» and «Open deep democracy" just assume «empowering individual people». It is extremely important for reliable management of the future.

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Stephen Tuck wrote on May. 6, 2014 @ 05:52 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

It was a very deep essay examining the human psyche. I think it is a little harder for me to follow analysis of human introspection because is isn't as discrete as the logic of mathematical equations, but I did give you a high rating. Personally I view the human body as a biochemical-vessel that interfaces to the human soul (which I believe is a form of subspace matter). I...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 6, 2014 @ 09:49 GMT
Dear Stephen,

I thank you for your deep detailed commentary and analysis of my essays.

Indeed, in order to more reliably steer the future of Humanity, it is necessary to analyze more deeply the past of Humanity, all the way of its formation. An example of this in-depth analysis is all the work of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. The mystery of consciousness and all the tortuous path of its formation should disclose, together philosophers, paleoanthropologists, physicists, mathematicians, psychologists, sociologists, historians and theologians. Need the deep analysis and synthesis of knowledge gained about the past way of our ancestors. Need a new interpretation of that knowledge to the phenomenon of information and its "place" in the scientific world picture. Need deeper semantic interpretation of the "arrow of time", "entropy" (Greek - turn, turning), "bifurcation point", "state", " emergence". Especially important is the development of ideas Bergson presented in his book "Matter and Memory." In the synthesis of all knowledge about a Person's past is important not to fall into physicalism and psychology. Here mathematics with its high levels of abstraction is a great helper. Especially important to understand the deeper phenomena "egoism" - "altruism", "openness" - "closed". The information revolution requires deeper knowledge and the emergence of democracy in human society, all of its underlying forms and directions of development. Obviously, a comprehensive work of scientists "Humanity and Democracy", published in the official languages of the United Nations and a large circulation in the public domain on the Internet. Thank God, today the Internet and new information technologies provide new opportunities for Humanity more reliable steer spaceship named "Earth".

Thank you very much for the links.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on May. 6, 2014 @ 16:56 GMT
Dear Vladimir R,

Maybe, you will at least enjoy the reference to Coxeter in my essay. On the other hand, I admit having problems with your somewhat poetic style and thinking. Moreover, your text breathes Russian grammar even in English. So it is demanding to an old German like me who must switch between both foreign to me languages.

Nonetheless, I see us allies and quite different from those who omit either foundational questions or practical politics in their attempt to answer the question put in the contest.

May I hope for some comments or for answers to the question or comments I put e.g. to Kadin, St Pierre, Klingman, Shirazi, Gibbs, Khali, Singh, gaisin, Schlafly, Hossenfelder, Aßelmeyer, and Ashworth?

Regards,

Eckard

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 6, 2014 @ 20:24 GMT
Dear Eckard,

Many thanks for your comment. I apologize for English translation of my essay. Unfortunately, I learned at institute only the French and Arab languages, and at school German. Certainly, I already strongly forgot it. It would be good if competitions were held in all official languages of the UN or in Esperanto. I started the translation and reading your essay, and also I will try to answer all your questions.

Regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 7, 2014 @ 08:47 GMT
Judi,

Many thanks for reading my difficult essay and your kind comment. If it is possible, write, please, some offers from my essay which aren't clear or have gross grammatical blunders. My address ideabank@yandex .ru

As for the question "control population levels in the future", I don't consider that it is a big problem. The developed countries could stabilize birth rate level through development and education. Such way it is necessary to move purposefully safely to the future. Especially important is the modern system of education and training in schools , which should prepare the creators rather than "experts ." More serious risks for Humanity are wars on self-destruction, asteroid danger, supervolcanoes, science without control from society ("closed science").

I started the translation and reading your essay, and also I will try to answer all your questions.

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Judy Nabb wrote on May. 7, 2014 @ 00:38 GMT
Vladimir,

I found your essay inspiring and pertinent, but very hard to read. I wonder if you have a view on if and how we should control population levels in the future, and evolve better use of our brains.

Judy

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 7, 2014 @ 08:48 GMT
Judi,

Many thanks for reading my difficult essay and your kind comment. If it is possible, write, please, some offers from my essay which aren't clear or have gross grammatical blunders. My address ideabank@yandex .ru

As for the question "control population levels in the future", I don't consider that it is a big problem. The developed countries could stabilize birth rate level through development and education. Such way it is necessary to move purposefully safely to the future. Especially important is the modern system of education and training in schools , which should prepare the creators rather than "experts ." More serious risks for Humanity are wars on self-destruction, asteroid danger, supervolcanoes, science without control from society ("closed science").

I started the translation and reading your essay, and also I will try to answer all your questions.

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Gbenga Michael Ogungbuyi wrote on May. 7, 2014 @ 10:33 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

As an experienced FQXI member your essay as provided a new thought of idea on the topic being discussed. It held my interest through out and wish you a great accomplishment in this competition.

I also employ you to read my article and give it a rating on this direct link http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2020 STRIKING A BALANCE BETWEEN TECHNOLOGY AND ECOSYSTEM. I also make a reference to the United Nations. I anticipate you.

Best wishes

Gbenga

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 7, 2014 @ 12:07 GMT
Dear Gbenga,

I thank you for your kind comment and appreciation of my essay and my ideas. Today I start to read your essay.

Best Regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

KoGuan Leo wrote on May. 9, 2014 @ 09:19 GMT
Protogeometer Vladimir,

We need all concerned citizens of Gaia to save her and ourselves! Thanks for your kind comment on my essay. I rated your essay a ful ten (10) as it deserved.

Best wishes,

Leo KoGuan

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 9, 2014 @ 10:48 GMT
Dear Leo,

Many thanks for your kind comment and appreciation of my essay!

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on May. 9, 2014 @ 11:16 GMT
FQXi Essay Contest in 2014 with the theme «How Should Humanity Steer the Future?» Is extremely important . 100 years have passed since the beginning of The First World War. The death toll -11,440,310 person.

75 years have passed since the beginning of The Second World War. The death toll 46,733,062 person.

During the Cold War period 1946-1991 was 108 local...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Walter Putnam wrote on May. 10, 2014 @ 17:31 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for writing this essay and submitting it. It was pleasing to read your description of the evolving Cosmic Consciousness along with the biological humankind. In my mind, these developments are inseparable. You cover some very deep topics. I agree with George Gantz in that wish I could read it in Russian. Best of luck to you in the contest.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 10, 2014 @ 18:36 GMT
Dear Walter,

Many thanks for your kind comment. Yes, truly the way of the genus Homo is necessary to understand deeply in the spirit Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. There must be deep integration of humanities and sciences of nature: «The true physics is that which will, one day, achieve the inclusion of man in his wholeness in a coherent picture of the world."

I give links to the full text of the essay in Russian and English.

Besr regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Denis Frith wrote on May. 12, 2014 @ 23:44 GMT
Dear Vladimir

I have resounded to your useful comments on my essay. I have now read your essay and many of the associated comments. It provides insight into recognition of the limitations of science and mathematics by profound thinkers. Many on this forum have gained further understanding from your essay of nature of the human decision making process.

I am a realist so I focus on what has happened. Humans have used the tools they devised to use some of Gaia's natural resources to construct and operate a gigantic inanimate organism (Tityas) consisting of cities, roads, ports etc. This ravishing cannot continue. Physical principles (not widely recognized by even scientists) ensure that the operation of Tityas is unsustainable.

Humanity needs to steer Tityas as much as that may be feasible. That requires a degree of consensus in the vast population. A few learned people pointing the direction will not suffice. A Earth's Lodgers' Activity Management (ELAM) movement needs to be promoted as a means of building up the momentum of society's steering the future.

I thank you for your comments and rating of my essay and for the insight I have gained from reading your essay and the associated illuminating comments.

Denis

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 13, 2014 @ 09:16 GMT
Dear Denis,

Thank you for your comment and appreciation of my ideas. Indeed, science and society matures super generalizing paradigm, "The Great Paradigm" - the World as a whole. Today it is necessary for the further development of science and for a more sustainable society, conservation of Nature. You used a very good image - Tityas. Your movement is very important for a more sustainable future of humanity. I continue to read the materials of ELAM. Good luck to you!

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Andrej Rehak wrote on May. 13, 2014 @ 11:28 GMT
Dear Vladimir

I loved reading your clever article. However, I crucially disagree with your institutionalized solution. Although build on the idea of the individual, institutions inevitably transform in the negation of individuality. In order to maintain themselves, they grow into increasingly heavy tail of retardation, constructed on ever more obsolete arguments, or none arguments at all....

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 13, 2014 @ 13:22 GMT
Dear Andrej,

Thank you for your insightful comments and clear position. I fully agree with you: «The tool of the universal truth is sharp, precise, irrefutable and universal».

In my essay, I was just trying to understand and draw a path of Humanity in terms of "consciousness" and its evolution. That is the way I treated the genus Homo in the spirit of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. I understand the dangers of a "closed society", "closed power", "closed science" and any enclosed structures for individuality and freedom in the Information age. I hope that the new Generation will be able to overcome the "closeness" of power and science as a systemic problem for Humanity and its future. As for the "Geometry", I saw them in terms of addressing the foundation of Mathematics, which I think is the main problem for the basic science of the XXI century. A broad competition of ideas in science and society. Already clear that the time has come " Democracy 3.0 ".

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Member Travis Ty Norsen wrote on May. 13, 2014 @ 17:51 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your very positive comments on my own essay, "Back to the Future", which led me to read your contribution to the contest. Unfortunately, I have to admit that I had difficulty understanding your main points. If you could summarize, here, just in one or two sentences, your answer to "How should humanity steer the future?" it would help me and perhaps others. Thanks!

Travis

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 13, 2014 @ 20:12 GMT
Dear Travis,

Many thanks for your comment. My essay consists of two parts. First - in the spirit of the philosophy of consciousness of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. I clarifies the «path of consciousness», the main extreme points of its formation and explain why Protogeometer together with all Humanity continues to "falling into future." I also put the problem of having the...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Petio Hristov wrote on May. 15, 2014 @ 11:29 GMT
Dear Vladimir I. Rogozhin

I am impressed by your essay. In the search of the basis of knowledge, the structure of space, time, the absolute forms and their meaning, the path to the future are presented in an extraordinary way.

I share your opinion that our forefathers have deliberately left us “sings” for us, which can lead us to the right conclusion of LifeWorld in the Universe model.

As you have said: “Anything on the Earth does not pass completely …” – because it repeats itself, but that repetition is always different. The question is what are the principles?

Best regards

Petio Hristov

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 16, 2014 @ 14:54 GMT
Dear Petio,

Many thanks for your kind comment. Yes, that's right , every new emergent level of being creates new forms, new quality, new eidoses. You asked a great question: «iwhat are the principles?»

The basis of my conception of a reliable steering Future of Humanity principles that tells us the Nature, the Cosmos, the whole history of the formation of Mankind, and give answers...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on May. 19, 2014 @ 19:36 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

one thing that came into my mind by reading your essay and especially by reading the comments above is the following.

Most people today are not interested in philosophy, based on my experience at least in the european countries. What is taught in schools is primarily oriented to give practial benefits for the later working life of a teenager. In a certain sense they...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 20, 2014 @ 12:34 GMT
Dear Stefan,

Many thanks for your kind, deep and very important comment for me. Many people more and more realize need of a unity for the solution of all problems which rose before Humanity in the XXI century, first of all understanding of all existential risks. Now in the world more and more people who realize all existential risks of Humanity and unite for joint action. Especially pleases that than such deeply conceiving people becomes more increasing among businessmen. Today the global coordinating center for existential risks which will coordinate all public organizations is already necessary. I am very glad that you support idea of introduction of Philosophy and Ethics in school education.

Yes, Stefan, you are absolutely right: "We should learn again to forgive each other and to discover the own child within us. Then we would be able to see behind another one's curtain and treat him/her more emphatically and truly. "

Magnificent words!

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Don J Chisholm wrote on May. 25, 2014 @ 12:59 GMT
Dear Vladimir

I had missed your essay while reading most others, but thank you for bringing it to my attention. The philosophical long term overview of how humanity emerged into today is quite interesting, and is an important introduction to final recommendations of a science-based governance model, which is quite similar to my proposal in Our Journey to the next Paradigm. Perhaps our common engineering background leads to this sort of recommendation.

Best wishes for your success in this contest.

Don Chisholm

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 25, 2014 @ 15:08 GMT
Dear Don,

Many thanks for your kind comment and appreciation of my ideas! Yes, indeed, we are close in spirit to our researches. I hope engineers can help physicists and lyricists in a safe steering the future.

Best wishes for your success in this contest!

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Orenda Urbano Hernández wrote on May. 26, 2014 @ 04:44 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Delightful harmonious notes prelude of a new state of matter: self-consciousness of Noosfera. The vector of untangible world of consciousness is restructuring the current reality into designed reality. Fascinating and elegant path of words to explain the inevitable Noosfera’s inmanent nature: innovation, evolution and self-transformation. Unveiling the field of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 26, 2014 @ 13:30 GMT
Dear Orenda,

Thank you very much for your insightful comment very important to me, for your appreciation of my ideas. Many thanks for a very important and interesting link from the book "La vida, el tiempo y la muerte" of Fanny Blanck-Cerejido and Marcelino Cerejido. I completely agree with authors of the book.

I agree with deep idea in these words: «From Black Sky Thinking view the first “mathematical act” and it continuous to be: the family. When we need to think in another human being, in its well-being there is transcendence. Wherever the human consciousness is focused in transcendence the tools to make it real will come to them. We are a group of atoms interacting under the rule of different systems, this systems grow in complexity when they may become adaptive to other group of systems (another human being).»

Therefore, I believe, broader introduction in fundamental science of idea of N. Bourbaki about "structure mère" ("generating") and as development of this idea on all reality - "absolute generating structure" ("general framework structure") is extremely important. Creation of unique model of the Universum filled with limit meanings of the "LifeWorld" is a problem of the open fundamental science for more reliable steering the Future.

I also hope for continuation of very interesting dialogue after the contest FQXi.

I and my daughter Victoria we thank you for deep and encouraging words!

Best Regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on May. 29, 2014 @ 04:46 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

The words that encrypted contain your energy to create a spin to transform human kind to a brighter future that here we call essay it became a must of continuous reading for me. You share many interesting ideas, authors and concepts that are important to continue creating clear, concise and evolutionary innovative way of thinking and acting. Beyond that, your essay generates many thoughts, questions and new dimensions on my thinking, definitely I will continue reading it. I am glad to accept your kind invitation to continue our dialogue after the contest of FqXi, do you have an account in LinkedIn? (www.linkedin.com ).

It is inspirational to read that you enjoyed the work of Cerejido’s work too. Now I have more sources to expand my questioning in the authors you share.

I will keep in mind this powerful thinking that you shared:

“. Wherever the human consciousness is focused in transcendence the tools to make it real will come to them. We are a group of atoms interacting under the rule of different systems, this systems grow in complexity when they may become adaptive to other group of systems (another human being)”.

I am glad to read that you and Victoria welcome my words with enthusiasm and that you realize that your eagerness of making a responsible, intelligent and humanistic cybernetics of cosmos is welcome.

I think you will also enjoy the work of Mr. Andres Agostini http://lifeboat.com/blog/2014/04/white-swan it is also a great source of mind architecture innovation and inspiration.

Wish to continue learning from your thinking.

Best regards,

Orenda Urbano Hernández

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 29, 2014 @ 10:17 GMT
Dear Orenda,

Many thanks for your kind comment. My Account to Linkedin. Many thanks for the link. I look forward to our future cooperation and interesting conversations. We need a new "Great Common Cause" to save Peace, Nature and Humanity. Great Dream always go alond with Freedom without fear, Hope, Love, Justice.

It's time. We start the path. The New Era and a New Generation demanded action.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Mohammed M. Khalil wrote on May. 26, 2014 @ 16:21 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Great essay! I especially like the section "Existential risks of Humanity and the Open Science"; I totally agree with you about the risks of modern humanity, and I find your ideas for Open Science applicable very important and applicable.

Best regards,

Mohammed

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on May. 26, 2014 @ 19:26 GMT
Dear Mohammed,

Many thanks for your kind comment and appreciation of my ideas. A very important subject of the Contest provides an opportunity to bring together people and ideas concerned about the current state of Humanity and its future. At this Contest a lot of great ideas, including your ideas, which will help to choose a safer course of the movement of Humanity in the future.

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Christian Corda wrote on May. 28, 2014 @ 07:50 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

It is a nice pleasure to re-meet you her in FQXi. I have just read your interesting and peculiar Essay. Here are my comments/questions:

1) It is quite interesting that you started your quest of answers to the questions about Humanity past and future by incidentally reading an American magazine. This looks a sort of destiny.

2) The book by Ilya Prigozhin that you cite is fantastic. It shows how two great themes of classic science like order and chaos, which look to do not be conciliated, can be instead reconciled through a new intriguing synthesis.

3) Einstein finalized E. Husserl's idea of the nature as a mathematical Universe. From "The Arithmetization of Geometry" to "The Geometrization of Physics".

4) I like your idea of a "thermodynamics of mind" when you deals with a wave process of "mental temperature increase".

5) The statement that "The new integrative paradigm of knowledge will generate new Universe eidos-Eidos of the Self-Aware Universe" is consistent with anthropic principle.

6) You correctly emphasize nuclear weapon among technological risks. Is there any room for nuclear energy (within a pacific framework) in the New Renaissance-Enlightenment Global Era?

7) I strongly endorse the promotion of idea of Open Science.

You wrote an intriguing Essay. I will give you an high score accordingly.

I wish you best luck in the Contest.

Cheers,

Ch.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 28, 2014 @ 11:53 GMT
Dear Christian,

Thank you for your deep and kind comment. With regard to nuclear power, as an energy engineer and economist, I believe that we need to develop competition in research («Open Science») to overcome the faster all the dangers of nuclear energy. We must move to widely distributed power generation. It is possible that with the development of information technology and a small power engineering "small village" wins "big city". But the main thing - is to overcome all the factors that divide Humanity. Therefore, Science should go ahead and always be open to Humanity. This Contest - a good step.

I also wish you success in the Contest and research!

High regard,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Lorraine Ford wrote on May. 29, 2014 @ 14:20 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

I think you are so right that we lost our sense of the reality behind our arithmetic representations of nature: ""The Arithmetization of Geometry" led to destruction of its sense", and this "sense foundations crisis" has strengthened the "opposition of Homo sapiens sapiens and Nature" and has also led to the "deep essential crisis of fundamental science bases". As you know, the reality behind our representations of nature is also a concern of my essay.

As you say, modern humanity faces existential risks which we must work to overcome. But you look forward to a better future, an Omega Point - a maximum level of complexity and consciousness towards which the universe is evolving. To do this we have to "stop and hear the voice of Earth" (and I love the idea of an "International Mother Earth Day").

Also, the youtube references were inspiring, and I believe we all need inspiration!

Best wishes,

Lorraine

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on May. 29, 2014 @ 19:07 GMT
Dear Lorraine,

Many thanks for your kind comment and appreciation of my essay! I think that overcoming the "crisis of interpretation and representation"(T.Romanovskaya«Modern physics and contemporary art-parallels of style») in basic science, the "crisis of understanding" of the Nature, its basic structure and its language is only possible by filling the physical picture of the world of the ultimate meanings of the "LifeWorld". Unified picture of the world, the new Eidos Universe for physicists and poets give Humanity a chance to steer the future more confidently. As people of the Earth to find mutual understanding? Problems grow continuously. There is hope for a new "Generation Skype», new ideas, new public structures. It's great that there are more people in the world who do not live only for today, but think in the decades ahead, think about the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. It is very important that such deeply thoughtful people becoming more and more among businessmen. We need a Great Common Dream and Great Common Cause to save Peace, Nature and Humanity. The New Era and a New Generation demanded action.

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Chidi Idika wrote on Jun. 1, 2014 @ 00:06 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

It's a vast range of ideas towards an Open society peopled by free-thinking mankind. You quote Kofi Annan:"… we do not have such organizations which are necessary to us to give the answer to global challenges of this century. It is vital that we got out of this deadlock."

I wonder however that after mankind creates a POWERFUL enough institution then it is faced with the possible abuse of power. In the alternative, mankind finds itself caught in the rut of POWERLESS institutions.

I agree with you that "The new Era demands creation of the new concept of Open Knowledge."

Best wishes. By the way, I share your enchantment with Iceland!

Chidi

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Jun. 1, 2014 @ 18:46 GMT
Dear Chidi,

Many thanks for your kind comments and support my ideas. I hope that the Information age gives excellent technological resources and capabilities to control political bureaucracy at all levels. People - the source of power and it is necessary to proceed from this postulate of democracy. The time has come for "Democracy 3.0". Thank you very much for supporting the idea of relocation of the UN in Iceland.

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Member Marc Séguin wrote on Jun. 1, 2014 @ 01:46 GMT
Vladimir,

Your essay is certainly an original take on the future of humanity! I especially liked your idea of "modern information technologies [giving] the chance of active creation of open society of free citizens". In order to reach this goal, I agree that we should strive for "deep radical reforms of education systems directed on education of the creative, responsible and ethical human." This is certainly one of the goals of the Futurocentric Education Initiative that I proposed in my essay.

Good luck in the contest!

Marc

P.S. I love your idea of re-localizing he UN headquarters in Iceland, so that the delegates are continuously reminded of the grandeur of Nature and of the importance of its preservation.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Jun. 1, 2014 @ 18:31 GMT
Dear Marc,

Many thanks for your kind and very important comment. Yes, indeed, at the deepest existential level change in the system of education is a priority for more reliable steering the future. Your idea of the system «Futurocentric Education» excellent. Thank you for supporting the idea of re-localizing of the UN. We need a new look at all the activities of the UN. This requirement determines the Information revolution that Humanity is experiencing and the realization of many people in the world all existential risks to Humanity. Need a new quality of work of all UN agencies, the creation of new structures. Too many threats to Humanty, so in need of quick and effective actions. In parallel, it is necessary to strengthen and expand the work of public non-state actors at all levels of the global Community. Need deeply thought-out program of creation of a new UN - "UN 3.0." There are many questions on all UN activities in the new Information era - an era of global awareness of existential risks. All these issues require broad public debate. Future of Humanity can not so much depend on the political bureaucracy with views of the world mechanistic era XVI-XX centuries, concepts and dimensions of "the sement paradigm". Necessary creation of a global system of public diplomacy. Here your program «Futurocentric Education» especially important and urgent. Necessary to create a global system of public diplomacy. Here your program «Futurocentric Education» extremely important and actual. I hope that this Contest FQXi will give new impetus to a broad discussion of the problem of reforming the UN to more reliable steering the Future in the Information age.

Good luck in the contest!

Sincerely,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Neil Bates wrote on Jun. 4, 2014 @ 01:51 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

I find your proposals quite creative. I think Protogeometer is the ultimate creative mind, "geometricizing" as the Pythagoreans and Platonists intuited as a sort of world soul or Logos that is both spirit and total intellect. Your interdisciplinary paper shows your level of education in "the classics" of old, not just modern physics.

It's refreshing that you praise and reference Husserl so much, since that phenomenologist has been mostly forgotten in the world of Anglo-American, (inferior IMHO) "analytic" philosophy. Interesting, that my intellectual Russian/Baltic Facebook friends also like Husserl, and Hanna Arendt, etc and classical thinkers (BTW Plotinus is a favorite of mine.)

Also, I like that you wrote it as a sort of allegorical romance in most parts, not a dry academic screed, as well as the human-interest touch of personal experiences. If I can make constructive criticism: the organizing of the sentence structure can be hard to follow, and there is some residual Russian grammatical structure (which I know is hard for such native speakers to pivot over to English.)

My own essay deals with fundamental issues of mind and reality, including the nature of will. I hope you and other readers find it compelling. It seems to jump around, but there is method there.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Jun. 4, 2014 @ 10:17 GMT
Dear Neil,

Many thanks for your kind and insightful comments. Yes, indeed, the "language of geometric representations" I tried to build a model of "self-aware of the Universe" (My essays FQXi 2012-2013). I believe that this language makes it possible to carry over a deep synthesis of knowledge, to see the deep ontology and dialectics of Nature, dialectic "coincidence of opposites". One of the central ideas of the conception - "vector consciousness", which together with the concepts of the «Logos and «Topos gives an opportunity to "squeeze" the sense of the "LifeWorld" in limiting Eidos - knowledge base. Philosophy of Husserl, in particular his ideas in "The Origin of Geometry" helps find the right way to the base of Knowledge, primordial senses of "LifeWorld" and their "geometrize" as a symbol (eidos). So my way "geometrization" of knowledge: Heraclitus- Plato-Aristotle- Plotinus-Descartes-Cusa-Spinoza-Kant- Hegel-Husserl-Heidegger-Teilhard de Chardin-Losev. I fully agree with Alexander Zenkin: «The truth should be drawn with the help of the cognitive computer visualization technology and should be presented to" an unlimited circle "of spectators in the form of color-musical cognitive images of its immanent essence.» (Alexander Zenkin «Scientific Counter-Revolution in Mathematics»).

I am very happy, Neil, that you have a very deep philosophical view. I am sure that without profound Philosophy can not be successfully steer the Future. I apologize for the mistakes in the English translation. Unfortunately, it was very difficult to find a professional translator philosophical text. I'm starting to read your essay today.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Neil Bates replied on Jun. 5, 2014 @ 22:26 GMT
Vladimir, you're welcome. Below is a copy of the definition of "eidos" from Merriam-Webster online, a reference respecting scholarly usage. The quote from S. F. Nadel refers to just the sort of allegorical cultural expression of eidos that is the narrative supporting path for "Protogeometer" in your essay.

PS: unfortunately, this form display misrepresents phonetic marks and characters.

Eidos

ei·dos

noun \ˈīˌdäs, ˈāˌ-\

plural ei·de \ˈīˌdē, ˈāˌdā\

CloseStyle: MLA APA Chicago

EasyBib

Full Definition of EIDOS

1: something that is seen or intuited:

a in Platonism : idea

b in Aristotelianism (1) : form, essence (2) : species

c : an appearance, conception, or form of intuition

2: the cognitive part of cultural structure made up of the criteria of credibility, the logic used in thinking and acting, and the basic ideas by which the members of a culture organize and interpret experience : logical structure

The [eidos] is visible wherever group behavior is characterized by intellectual efforts of a similar kind - S. F. Nadel - contrasted with ethos

Origin of EIDOS

Greek, literally, shape, form — more at idol

This word doesn't usually appear in our free dictionary, but the definition from our premium Unabridged Dictionary is offered here on a limited basis. Note that some information is displayed differently in the Unabridged.

To access the complete Unabridged Dictionary, with an additional 300,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary, start a free trial.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Jun. 6, 2014 @ 10:16 GMT
Dear Neil,

Many thanks for the deep and important comment. On my system, the three fundamental concept: Logos, Eidos, Topos. Briefly, Eidos I understand how the idea presented in the image. In my conception of eidos - the integrative concept: Plato+Aristotle+Losev. I also agree with (1) and (2). Eidos - the semantic generating logical structure of the Universum presented in the image...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Jun. 14, 2014 @ 16:10 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Congratulations with your high score in the community rating and your participation in the finalists pool.

I also thank you for your positive comment on my participation and wish you all the success with the "final judgement" .

best wishes

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Jun. 14, 2014 @ 17:51 GMT
Thank you very much, dear Wilhelmus!

I also congratulate you on your participation in the finalists pool and good luck with the "final judgement".

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Jun. 15, 2014 @ 11:46 GMT
FQXi Contest 2012-2014. General conclusions.

Extremely hot topic of the Contest FQXi Essay 2014 "How Should Humanity Steer the Future?" gives the chance to sum up the results of Cotests 2012-2014 and discussions in which I took part.

Today is a very serious time for Humanity. 100 years passed since the beginning of the 1st World war. 75 years passed since the beginning of...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.