Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Janko Kokosar: on 5/31/14 at 11:09am UTC, wrote Dear Hasmukh Tank It is a essay with the most useful information for me....

Don Limuti: on 5/24/14 at 22:01pm UTC, wrote Hi Hasmukh, I (how should I say) resonate with your essay. Please take a...

Judy Nabb: on 5/22/14 at 6:46am UTC, wrote Dear Mr Tank, A fine essay, well argued and I find your suggestions...

Peter Jackson: on 5/7/14 at 10:58am UTC, wrote Hasmukh, Quite brilliant. I agree you analysis and it's importance almost...

Ram Bansal: on 4/18/14 at 18:06pm UTC, wrote Dear Mr Hasmukh, I agree with you that the space is not a void but full of...

Hasmukh Tank: on 4/15/14 at 9:44am UTC, wrote Dear John, Thanks for the links of your papers. I have read them once, and...

John Hodge: on 4/8/14 at 12:06pm UTC, wrote Dear Mr. Tank: Your UR seems very close to my plenum. The paper photon...

Hasmukh Tank: on 3/24/14 at 7:41am UTC, wrote No problem, Wilhelmus, to err is human; only not to confess one's mistake...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Hi Robert, thank you. I now understand the difference between decisions and..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Robert McEachern: "Making a decision, means selecting between discrete, a priori established..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Eckard,you seems persuaded by your Words and thoughts.I don t understand..." in First Things First: The...

Eckard Blumschein: "In Darwinism/Weismannism there is no first cause, just a causal chain...." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "lol no indeed it is not a lot,like I said I liked your general ideas.I have..." in The Demon in the Machine...

Steve Agnew: "There are three assumptions...is that a lot? The aether particle mass, the..." in The Demon in the Machine...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 15, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: On the Emergence of Physical-World from the Ultimate-Reality by Hasmukh K. Tank [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Hasmukh K. Tank wrote on Mar. 11, 2014 @ 16:58 GMT
Essay Abstract

Based on the statements of Robert B. Laughlin, Albert Einstein, Louis de Broglie, Paul Anderson Dirac, and the logical reasoning presented in the previous article, titled “On the nature of Consciousness, Space and the Ultimate-Reality” (Journal of Consciousness Explorations and Research, Nov. 2013, Vol.4, Issue 9), ‘space’ is not an ‘empty’ ‘void extension of nothingness’; rather, there exists an ultimately real entity (UR), which is all-pervading in space and ever-present in time. This Ultimate-Reality can be visualized as ‘Mutually-Balanced Electrostatic-Field’. It is discussed here that ‘matter’ is just a ‘process’ or a ‘phenomenon’ of ‘fluctuations’ spontaneously generated in the ultimate reality. Then it is logically derived that only spherical patterns of fluctuations are sustained for longer durations, so there are integer number of spherical fluctuation-patterns, which we perceive as the ‘fundamental particles’ of ‘matter’. Then a mathematical-derivation is presented which supports the logic, that a ‘particle’ of ‘matter’ is ‘a localized spherical standing-wave’. This attempt leads to: (i) a new insight into the ‘wave-particle-duality’ of all ‘fundamental-particles’; (ii) to a new understanding that the currently considered ‘quantum-mechanical-waves’ are ‘envelop-variations’ or ‘modulations’ of the actual more-fundamental-waves, considered here. This understanding, of true nature of ‘particles’, leads us to ‘wave-theoretical-understanding’ of ‘gravity’; and an explanation for the observed ‘relative-strengths’ of ‘gravitational’ and ‘electric’ forces.

Author Bio

Voluntarily rtd. electronics and communications engineer from Indian Space Research Organization, who has contributed articles on emergence of living beings from matter, nature of consciousness, space and the ultimatereality, alternative interpretations of cosmological red shift...as can be read by Google search for "Hasmukh K. Tank" or at the site: http://sites.google.com/site/theultimaterealitysite

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Mar. 14, 2014 @ 15:22 GMT
Dear Mr. Hasmukh,

Although I did not understand a word of your highly enigmatic essay, I do hope that it does well in the competition.

As I have gone to great lengths to prove in my essay, REALITY, ONCE, everything real and imagined in the real Universe is unique, once. The reason your essay seems so peculiar to me is because it is larded with computer generated graphics of identical designs. It is filled with unrealistic identical equations. Reality is simple sir. It is not populated by complex energy wave sensing mega-machines. A common cockroach must know more about natural reality than any man can know about any abstract version of abstract “ultimate reality.”

Joe

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Mar. 19, 2014 @ 15:25 GMT
Joe, you name yourself a realist, but do you know what that means ?

Each reality is created by your consciousness and already history once you think about it.

matter does not matter it si amm Field.

but the way you are adressing other ways of thinking does not witness of a wide way of thinking or acceptance of other views, you are stuck in your own reality, like a lot of people, try to open your mind and see that your horizon is also an evading one when you try to approach it...

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Author Hasmukh K. Tank wrote on Mar. 15, 2014 @ 07:50 GMT
Dear Joe,

In the simplest possible words, this universe is a play of waves, spontaneously arisen in the Ultimate Reality; which is not only real, but also aware of its own existence; and sponanously joyful by its very nature. The waves and ripples are subjectively perceived by the Ultimate Reality as its thoughts and imaginations or dreams. Such thought and imaginations temporarily veil its true nature. There are many different techniques to realize the truth; simplest one is to simultanously see both inside and out-side; by looking at the tip of your nose. Of course one must be relatively healthy and free from anxities arising from un-lawful activities, before starting such a practice.

Hasmukh K. Tank

Bookmark and Share

Author Hasmukh K. Tank replied on Mar. 24, 2014 @ 07:15 GMT
Dear Joe,

It seems, you wanted an answer to the question:"How humanity should steer the future?"

My essay deals with only one aspect of solution, namely, humanity can steer the future by increasing knowledge. We should keep increasing our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

Second thing is to maintain friendly relationship with every nation and religion. We should derive good points from every religion, and all the nations should acknowledge them and include them in their actions.

Third thing is all the nations should contribute their effoerts towards reduction of polution. Exhausts from vehicles may not be completely avoidable; but we can at lest stop the practice of disposing garbage by burning.

Fourthly, in addition to inventing new and new methods of producing clean energy, that is, producing energy with a minimum polution; we should also adopt every method of saving energy. I had deviced some methods as described in:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsd
GRvbWFpbnx0aGV1bHRpbWF0ZXJlYWxpdHlzaXRlfGd4OjY1NGU4ZDZjNGU4M
2RiOGU

Hope, you will find these answers somewhat satisfactory.

Sincerely,

Hasmukh K. Tank

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Mar. 19, 2014 @ 15:32 GMT
Dear Hasmukh,

It is a pleasure to meet you here, we have published in the same journal of dr Huping Hu. We also have the same insights, I enjoyed very much your essay, hope you will read mine .

About the ratings : I intend to rate you in course with my post here, but as for now there are some "realists" that are giving "us" only the lowest score possible, so I wait like John Merryman to give you a score. Ans above that it is the mental rating that is important.

Best regards

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Mar. 19, 2014 @ 15:33 GMT
PS I ave you already a public rating

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Mar. 20, 2014 @ 16:08 GMT
dear Hasmukh,

I have only one public rating which is the a 1, the lowest possible.

Of course if that is your opinion I will accept that, but that does not mean that I understand it....

In Total Simultaneity and Absolute reality there are different point of view.

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde replied on Mar. 21, 2014 @ 15:30 GMT
Sorry Hasmukh,

I misread my own pst as one of yourself, so forget my last two posts.

pls excuse me

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

John C Hodge wrote on Apr. 8, 2014 @ 12:06 GMT
Dear Mr. Tank:

Your UR seems very close to my plenum.

The paper photon diffration of light presents a way for a photon to produce interference patterns. As Newton speculated in Optiks, the photon induces a wave in the UR, plenum, gravitational ether which then influences the path ofohotons. Sounds like General relative warping space. I discuss the correspondenct in STOE correspondence to general relativity and quantum mechanics. This idea has a long way to go.

Thanks for noting my essay. I have seen your papers before is vixra.

Bookmark and Share

Author Hasmukh K. Tank replied on Apr. 15, 2014 @ 09:44 GMT
Dear John,

Thanks for the links of your papers. I have read them once, and will study them again.

Regards,

Hasmukh K. Tank

Bookmark and Share

Ram Kunwar Bansal wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 18:06 GMT
Dear Mr Hasmukh,

I agree with you that the space is not a void but full of something essential in space and time. Only thing is that we are taking time in appreciating it with our material existence. The consciousness of our may come forward to help us in this provided we allow it to do so.

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on May. 7, 2014 @ 10:58 GMT
Hasmukh,

Quite brilliant. I agree you analysis and it's importance almost to the word. I'm aware that co-incidence of findings isn't the best reason to award a top score but your presentation and it's validity for fundamental advancement also justifies it. You start very much as my essay 2 years ago started; (Complete version here). Specifying the ISM/IGM.

My previous Essay '2020...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Judy Nabb wrote on May. 22, 2014 @ 06:46 GMT
Dear Mr Tank,

A fine essay, well argued and I find your suggestions agreeable. I think it a shame you seem not to want to discuss. None the less good marks.

Judy

Bookmark and Share

Don Limuti wrote on May. 24, 2014 @ 22:01 GMT
Hi Hasmukh,

I (how should I say) resonate with your essay. Please take a look at my website www.digitalwavetheory.com I think you will like the approach.

Gravity as standing waves, you have my agreement.

deBroglie was amazing and not given his due respect.

Your essay should be rated higher,

Don Limuti

Bookmark and Share

Janko Kokosar wrote on May. 31, 2014 @ 11:09 GMT
Dear Hasmukh Tank

It is a essay with the most useful information for me. Although I am not sure, how your theory is correct, your De-Broglie’s matter wave, described with Doppler effect, is brilliant. If a physical formula is so simple, it should have some physical interpretation. I am only surprised that this formula is not mentioned more frequently. I think that your approach is someone connected with this paper, which is also connected with de Broglie equation.

Otherwise, time will show how it is with your theory.

My essay

Best regards

Janko Kokosar

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.