Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

James Blodgett: on 6/6/14 at 7:50am UTC, wrote Hello Damon It is interesting to see a "big bang came from God " essay,...

Peter Jackson: on 5/13/14 at 16:09pm UTC, wrote Damon, Most run and scream at the word 'God', but just ask them to explain...

Georgina Woodward: on 5/8/14 at 3:21am UTC, wrote Hi Damon, I have read some of Alan Watts books on Zen Buddhism which made...

Joe Fisher: on 3/11/14 at 15:01pm UTC, wrote Dear Mr. Sprock, I found your essay quite entertaining to read, and I...

Wilhelmus de Wilde: on 3/7/14 at 15:30pm UTC, wrote Dear Damon Joseph, I think we are on the same frequency, the only word I...

Gyenge Valeria: on 3/6/14 at 14:46pm UTC, wrote Dear, Damon, Joseph! Your essay conveys similar important thoughts as...

sridattadev kancharla: on 3/5/14 at 21:46pm UTC, wrote Dear Damon, I felt like I am reading my thoughts reflected in your...

Damon Sprock: on 3/5/14 at 16:06pm UTC, wrote Essay Abstract Humanity cannot steer the future without...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "after all like Borh has made,this universe and its spheres for me are like..." in Alternative Models of...

Steve Dufourny: "Thanks for sharing Georgina,it is nice.Friendly" in Alternative Models of...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Lorraine Ford: "With the “A.I. Feynman” software, Silviu-Marian Udrescu and Max Tegmark..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Georgina Woodward: "Coin toss co-state potentials: With the measurement protocol decided, in..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Steve Dufourny: "If we correlate with the consciousness, can we consider that all is..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Ian Durham, Maybe still for the rankings and the links with this..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 22, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: The Spiritual Big Bang: Origin of Universe by Damon Joseph Sprock [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Damon Joseph Sprock wrote on Mar. 5, 2014 @ 16:06 GMT
Essay Abstract

Humanity cannot steer the future without understanding our origin and how God consciousness has a quantum connection to human consciousness via the subconscious mind hologram, giving humanity all preexisting potential originating from Spiritual DNA. This is the Occam's Razor of explanations of how the universe was created, the belief that Spiritual DNA extended Itself outward spatially and that it exists within all physical world levels and that it is the point of origin from Its infinite dimension. This understanding creates within the human psyche a potential for greater decision-making and problem-solving.

Author Bio

My practice as a metaphysics research scientist began in San Francisco in 1971, when I met and was mentored by internationally renown philosopher, Alan Watts; however, my interest in the mind began at the age ten (1954), when an application of the mind sciences enabled me to achieve a record fifteen, regular-season home runs in Latrobe Little League in 1957. I applied mind techniques and went on to earn a football scholarship to Purdue University, graduating with a B.S. in Physical Therapy. Advanced studies in Metaphysics/Cosmology/Ontology and Eastern philosophy continued from 1980-1983.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

sridattadev kancharla wrote on Mar. 5, 2014 @ 21:46 GMT
Dear Damon,

I felt like I am reading my thoughts reflected in your words in this essay.

I have a mathematical proof for the spiritual DNA that you are referring to in your essay. Please see the blogs and videos of true spiritual science at

Conscience is the cosmological constant..

who am I?

I am your alter ego.

I totally agree with your points that we need a paradigm shift in our understanding of our self and how we need to engrain the truth of love in our kids.

We got to teach our kids to Love to Live to Learn to Give to Enjoy Everything.

"wisdom is more important than imagination is more important than knowledge for all that we know is just an imagination chosen wisely."

Love,

I.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Gyenge Valeria wrote on Mar. 6, 2014 @ 14:46 GMT
Dear, Damon, Joseph!

Your essay conveys similar important thoughts as mine. The humanity needs to understand its origin, (the GOD's every potential within us) and also that is very important the present science mainly physics needs interconnect with meta -(should mean in between)-physical implications. That was hard to understand since aeons and even yet it has been how the spirit and soul...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Mar. 7, 2014 @ 15:30 GMT
Dear Damon Joseph,

I think we are on the same frequency, the only word I did not dare to use is GOD. But it is the same as my Total Simultaneity, each of us has a different way of expressing the inexpressible... I hope you will read also my essay and post your thoughts about it.

best regards

Wilhelmus de Wilde

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Mar. 11, 2014 @ 15:01 GMT
Dear Mr. Sprock,

I found your essay quite entertaining to read, and I certainly hope that it does well in the competition. As I have thoughtfully pointed out in my essay, REALITY, ONCE, the real Universe is unique, once, and in order for that to be true, the real Universe could not have been created by a comprehensive explosion of a very cold infinitesimally dense bit of “singularity” handily located near the “back end” of the presumed first black hole. Had that happened, the infinite dense point would have had to somehow find a way to appear finite, and obviously look and behave different from its infinitely small, dense original state. But, that would mean that the singularity would have had to at least become a duality, or even a multiplicity. Everything in the real Universe is unique, once, now. Everything in the real Universe must be unique, once, eternally.

Joe

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward wrote on May. 8, 2014 @ 03:21 GMT
Hi Damon,

I have read some of Alan Watts books on Zen Buddhism which made a great deal of sense to me unlike your essay I'm afraid to say. He was a very good writer. I just took a quick look at his published works to remind myself of the titles and see that he has written a very great deal of them. No matter. I think you have written the essay you wanted to write to share your "research" but have not really addressed the essay question. From the evaluation criteria, Quote "(Note: While this topic is broad, successful essays will not use this breadth as an excuse to shoehorn in the author's pet topic, but will rather keep as their central focus the theme of how humanity should steer the future.)" Even the points listed at the end do not address the essay question but state only the usefulness of your model.

Regards,Georgina

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on May. 13, 2014 @ 16:09 GMT
Damon,

Most run and scream at the word 'God', but just ask them to explain infinity! There is much we cannot know. No essay debunking the Big Bang should be bottom, particularly with a big collapse, which I've also derived purely scientifically (cyclic galaxy sequence and cosmology implicit in a paper accepted and in print). If you'd like a preprint link do ask on my blog if you read my own essay. It's gives a logical mechanism for QM but also bit of a romance.

Best wishes

Peter

Bookmark and Share

James Blodgett wrote on Jun. 6, 2014 @ 07:50 GMT
Hello Damon

It is interesting to see a "big bang came from God " essay, especially with an unconventional model of God.

FQXi consists mainly of physicists. They generally prefer scientific explanations.

I suppose that you are aware that some physicists see fine tuning in some fundamental constants. If they were slightly different, our universe would be very different. For example in some cases, atoms would not form. This suggests a form of teleology that cannot be explained by evolution, since evolution requires biological entities that evolve. Yours is one theory that would explain this. Another is the multiverse. The idea there is that there are very many different universes with different physical constants, but the only ones that can be observed by conscious entities like us are the ones that permit such entities to evolve. Perhaps Occam's razor should cut both since both involve postulation of humongous entities with very little evidence, but then with what are we left?

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.