Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Janko Kokosar: on 6/6/14 at 15:15pm UTC, wrote Dear Mr. George Rajna As a first impression it seems to me, that your...

Judy Nabb: on 5/19/14 at 0:30am UTC, wrote George, Rather off topic and a little let down by you poor command of...

Alexander Macrae: on 5/12/14 at 20:52pm UTC, wrote Hallo Aaron, I have been looking here for your essay. Are you on staff,...

Peter Jackson: on 4/29/14 at 17:48pm UTC, wrote George, Though I agree somewhat with Stephen about the LHC description of...

Stephen Tuck: on 4/23/14 at 15:55pm UTC, wrote I would have to respectfully disagree with any assertion of the Higgs Field...

Anselm Smidt: on 4/22/14 at 16:16pm UTC, wrote Lenkung der Zukunft, oder beschränken die Zukunft?

Ryoji Furui: on 4/21/14 at 14:15pm UTC, wrote Dear George Rajna, "Since graviton is a tensor field, it has spin = 2,...

Kevin O'Malley: on 4/15/14 at 2:51am UTC, wrote How can humanity be well and healthily steered if the vast majority of it...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Robert, re. your ""one huge mistake"- they are describing non-existent..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Robert McEachern: "They are proud, because they have solved some problems, which are..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Robert McEachern: "Eckard, I do have an interest in the history, but not as much as I used..." in First Things First: The...

Georgina Woodward: "The Schrodinger's cat thought experiment presents 3 causally linked state..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Roger Granet: "Well put! Physics is hard, but biochemistry (my area), other sciences..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Steve Dufourny: "lol Zeeya it is well thought this algorythm selective when names are put in..." in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

Steve Dufourny: "is it just due to a problem when we utilise names of persons?" in Mass–Energy Equivalence...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 18, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Higgs Field and Quantum Gravity by George Rajna [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author George Rajna wrote on Mar. 4, 2014 @ 15:53 GMT
Essay Abstract

The magnetic induction creates a negative electric field, causing an electromagnetic inertia responsible for the relativistic mass change; it is the mysterious Higgs Field giving mass to the particles. The Planck Distribution Law of the electromagnetic oscillators explains the electron/proton mass rate by the diffraction patterns. The accelerating charges explain not only the Maxwell Equations and the Special Relativity, but the Heisenberg Uncertainty Relation, the wave particle duality and the electron’s spin also, building the bridge between the Classical and Relativistic Quantum Theories. The self maintained electric potential of the accelerating charges equivalent with the General Relativity space-time curvature, and since it is true on the quantum level also, gives the base of the Quantum Gravity.

Author Bio

Theoretical Physics Researcher at Academia.edu. The SOA Category Winner of the first Connected Systems Developer Competition of Microsoft in San Francisco 2005 with the Next Generation Court System - achieving also the Best Enterprise Mission Critical System Award FY 2005 of Bill Gates. International Master of Chess and was among the Top 100 Players of the World in 1987. Artificial Intelligence Researcher participated on the 1st World Computer Chess Championship in Stockholm, 1974.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Mar. 5, 2014 @ 16:34 GMT
Dear George,

Due to my abysmal lack of academic education, I did not understand any of your essay. Could you possibly be over thinking things? The real Universe must be simple to understand, otherwise it could not exist. As I have pointed out in my essay, REALITY, ONCE, all surfaces travel at the default speed of light. All non-surfaces travel at a speed less than the default speed of light. That is the simplest explanation that can be given for the energy of the Universe. As each planet is unique, the surfaces of the planets all travel at the speed of light, and all their interiors travel at less than the speed of light. Gravity cannot be a fixed measurable force.

Bookmark and Share
post approved

Joe Fisher replied on Apr. 4, 2014 @ 14:06 GMT
My Dear Mr. Rajna,

I have re-read your essay, and although I still do not understand it, I certainly hope that it scores well in the competition.

I do not mean this critically, but I do know that all chess grandmasters, and most chess masters are capable of playing at least one, and in a lot of instances, more than one game simultaneously while being blindfolded.

No computer program could ever be designed that could ever visualize and make a single chess move. Your efforts to develop “synthetic intelligence” appear to me to be utterly futile.

Ruefully.

Joe Fisher

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Kevin O'Malley wrote on Apr. 15, 2014 @ 02:51 GMT
How can humanity be well and healthily steered if the vast majority of it does not understand your essay?

Bookmark and Share

Ryoji Furui wrote on Apr. 21, 2014 @ 14:15 GMT
Dear George Rajna,

"Since graviton is a tensor field, it has spin = 2, could be 2 photons with spin = 1 together."

I remember someone stated the same thing over 10 years ago at a web forum (now it is closed). I can't retrieve it as a link but it maybe you? i am also trying to have some assumptions about the same theme for many years.

regards,

ryoji

Bookmark and Share

Anselm Smidt wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 16:16 GMT
Lenkung der Zukunft, oder beschränken die Zukunft?

Bookmark and Share

Stephen Tuck wrote on Apr. 23, 2014 @ 15:55 GMT
I would have to respectfully disagree with any assertion of the Higgs Field being correct. I predicted that Physicists of the Hadron Collider would misidentify parts of the Aether Particle Field as the Higgs Boson months before their announcement. Instead of figuring out the true mechanism that gives mass to particles, they invented a never-seen-before, super "Scalar Particle." What does the Higgs...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on Apr. 29, 2014 @ 17:48 GMT
George,

Though I agree somewhat with Stephen about the LHC description of the Boson, and indeed much of quantum and particle physics in general including the graviton) I have to say I think the physics in your essay is exceptionally coherent, logical and explanatory.

It's a massive shame your imperfect English makes it difficult to follow, (very difficult for many going by the above comments). I may be rare in understanding many of the implications and connections but again most won't be, so an 'essay' or even a scientific paper, could do with more descriptive rationalisation.

I personally liked your layout, but it was all a little 'cold' and some kind of 'discussion' section at the end may have brought you higher scores. You mentioned unification etc at the beginning but then didn't fully demonstrate how the parts fitted to achieve that. None the less on content alone I applaud your work. I'm sure you'll understand and appreciate mine, but do please flag up any queries if you read it.

Congratulations, and best of luck.

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Judy Nabb wrote on May. 19, 2014 @ 00:30 GMT
George,

Rather off topic and a little let down by you poor command of English, but I think otherwise well written and interesting none the less, so should be placed higher in my opinion.

If you're interested in eugenics, which I think needs better addressing, I'd be glad of any comments.

Judy

Bookmark and Share

Janko Kokosar wrote on Jun. 6, 2014 @ 15:15 GMT
Dear Mr. George Rajna

As a first impression it seems to me, that your theory is someone in contradiction in nowadays physics. Namely, the essence of physics is in quantum field theory, in principles of special relativity, general relativity, and in principles of yet unknown quantum gravity theory. Thus, our Newtonian physics is only a consequence of these mentioned theories, not their...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.