Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Kimmo Rouvari: on 5/27/14 at 17:33pm UTC, wrote Thanks! My essay (and theory) is too unbelievable, so I won't hold my...

Philip Gibbs: on 5/27/14 at 17:21pm UTC, wrote Short but sweet! Good luck

James Hoover: on 5/21/14 at 17:04pm UTC, wrote Kimmo, Time is growing short, so I am revisiting and rating. Hydrogen...

Kimmo Rouvari: on 5/17/14 at 14:46pm UTC, wrote Well, live and learn :-) There is a new kid in town... I'll check out your...

Israel Perez: on 5/17/14 at 12:12pm UTC, wrote Dear Kimmo I wonder what kind of experiments you refer to. As far as I...

Kimmo Rouvari: on 5/16/14 at 13:29pm UTC, wrote Hi Michael, And thank you for your comments! I'll read and rate your essay...

Michael muteru: on 5/16/14 at 11:37am UTC, wrote HI kimmo I think thats too pessimistic.The greatest challenge to...

Kimmo Rouvari: on 5/15/14 at 3:32am UTC, wrote James, In normal conditions, particles rarely trigger annihilation event,...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Steve Dufourny: "An other point very important considering this nature.Ecology is so..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

janey hug: "Vape Juice Wholesale When it pertains to vape juice, you require to obtain..." in Ed Witten on the Nature...

Forever Fiances: "Welcome to Forever Fiances, an invitation company in San Diego. Since 2008,..." in Vita Nuova

Georgina Woodward: "The kind of time required, over which change is happening, is sequential..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Georgina Woodward: "In the many cat version as time progresses there are less and less cats..." in Schrödinger’s Zombie:...

Joe Fisher: "Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this peculiar piece of..." in First Things First: The...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Mr Musser,this article is very interesting.Max Tegmark speaks about an..." in Will A.I. Take Over...

Steve Dufourny: "Hi Lorraine, Thanks for sharing,we speak about our main global..." in Till Next Time

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
October 21, 2019

CATEGORY: How Should Humanity Steer the Future? Essay Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Plan by Kimmo Rouvari [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Kimmo Rouvari wrote on Feb. 11, 2014 @ 15:35 GMT
Essay Abstract

What would you say if I tell you that there exists a decent probability for the total annihilation of Earth within couple of years? Because you don't know me personally you might shoot from the hip and say something like "Are you mad?", "Get real!", "Dream on" or something like that. Fair enough. Perhaps I should present my case and my action plan for you to judge.

Author Bio

Kimmo Rouvari is independent researcher focused mainly on theory of everything. He's the author of Theory of Everything by illusion.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari wrote on Feb. 12, 2014 @ 13:33 GMT
Kimmo,

Yours is another scary message about our poor Earth!!

Can you be more specific about the people that you say are doing these experiments?

It may pass us by, as did the Millinium computer scare and those mini black holes at the LHC (about which I too worried).

I am not belittling possible danger one day from such experiments, just hoping you are wrong in this antimatter case!

Best wishes

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 12, 2014 @ 13:41 GMT
Vladimir,

You are not alone! I sincerely hope also that I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that I'm right. Based on analysis from my site traffic, probably (at least) Chinese and American research facilities are active on the subject.

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 13, 2014 @ 06:23 GMT
This catched my attention What are the chances that a particle collider's strangelets will destroy the Earth? Well, if people are concerned with this kind of experiments they should immediately, I repeat, immediately check what Fermilab might be planning at this moment! They have downloaded numerous times my paper about antimatter. Are they going to give it a shot? If so, they might accidentally ignite a very nasty chain reaction.

So, if anybody knows someone at Fermilab, please do something!

Bookmark and Share

Philip Gibbs wrote on Feb. 15, 2014 @ 09:27 GMT
Kimmo, glad you made it into the contest.

I hope you are wrong about anti-matter. I think other phenomena such as strangle ts are considered more likely dangers but when the potential impact is so high no stone must be left unturned.

Good luck

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 15, 2014 @ 10:09 GMT
Hi Philip,

Thanks to you I'm in this year, but where's your essay?

I totally agree with your suggestion on turning every stone. I have been digging into the world of physics in serious manner for two years now. I have become more and more convinced that my theory is actually the theory. There is a chance that Fermilab and some Chinese lab is planning or conducting an experiment based on my method. Hopefully, we'll get some information on the results, but I suspect that in case of positive outcome, those results get classified.

But the cheney is out of the bottle now... If nothing is done, somebody might conduct an experiment which might be the last one on Earth.

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 15, 2014 @ 11:59 GMT
One more thing. I'm at the moment writing a book about ToEbi (Introduction to Theory of Everything by illusion Sample from viXra.org). After I have finished The Foundation part (in couple of months) I'll send it to you, so you can make more informed opinion about the possibilities.

Bookmark and Share

Philip Gibbs wrote on Feb. 16, 2014 @ 10:38 GMT
I am still at the stage of thinking about what my essay will be about. I will probably be a late entry this year.

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 16, 2014 @ 11:01 GMT
Good to know! I'm looking forward to it :-)

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Feb. 20, 2014 @ 11:42 GMT
Dear Kimmo,

Your statement, ‘Every particle can act as its antiparticle’ is real; while I would like to notate another paradigm, in that antimatter is in analogue with the non-observational string-matter that exists in an incoherent eigen-rotational state with the observer.

This indicates that the earth may undergo metamorphosis rather than annihilation and thus ‘Steer the Future’ in an environment friendly pathway sustains the survival of Humanity, to certain extent.

With best wishes, Jayakar

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Feb. 20, 2014 @ 13:00 GMT
You may visit, http://www.clustermatteruniverse.net, for more clarity on the paradigm mentioned.

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 20, 2014 @ 13:17 GMT
Hi Jayakar,

I'll check out your site. Are you going to participate this contest? I didn't find your essay from the list.

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Feb. 20, 2014 @ 17:55 GMT
Obviously you have a work in progress. Do you a comprehensive paper of your work available? You could email it to me (kimmo.rouvari@toebi.com). It's always refreshing read other people's insights on reality :-)

Bookmark and Share

James Dunn wrote on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 17:29 GMT
I identify strongly with your concerns.

My plan is to have a large assembly of doctors of science and philosophy further create the monitoring systems for the NSA, and also provide ethical oversight of the data collected.

http://eliminate-all-corruption.pbworks.com

If you have an interest in doing something along these lines, contact me at

support.ua-kits.com

Unlocking Aptitude - Knowledge in Translational States

James Dunn

FQXi Submission:

Graduated Certification for Certification of Common Sense

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2045

Bookmark and Share

James Dunn replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 17:34 GMT
typo

support@ua-kits.com

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Apr. 18, 2014 @ 19:18 GMT
Thanks for your comments! I'll read your essay in near future.

Bookmark and Share

John C Hodge wrote on Apr. 19, 2014 @ 16:40 GMT
KR

I also am focused on a Theory of Everything. I saw the first pages of your book. When and Where will your book be available?

We may have similar thoughts.

The development of my model to date is found in STOE correspondence to general relativity and quantum mechanics.

The STOE paper has links to other papers that discuss many other topics.

I follow Newton who...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

John C Hodge replied on Apr. 19, 2014 @ 16:45 GMT
my book

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 03:48 GMT
Hi John,

I put my book project on hold for now, antimatter experiments have the priority over the book. Hopefully, I'll get back to writing during this year. My initial plan was to use CreateSpace as you have done, but who knows, those antimatter experiments might change that plan.

"What is between your FTEP spheres? Does it have any properties. You say FTE waves. What are they waving in?"

Probably nothing, I mean FTEPs might be the smallest ingredient, or at least the smallest relevant entity. FTEPs have properties, like size and (ToEbi defined) spin vector, but because they are the smallest relevant entities those properties are not that important in interactions between FTEPs in general. FTEP waves are probably just ordered movement of FTEPs, e.g. flux from rotating Earth.

"Neither Newton nor Einstein liked 'action-at-the-distance' and neither do I. "

Count me in! :-)

"Do you have plans to examine the big of cosmology? "

I have written few random thought about phenomena in cosmology, those can be found from my blog. For now, my focus is mainly on particles and annihilation phenomenon.

I will read your essay in couple of days!

Bookmark and Share

Georgina Woodward wrote on Apr. 20, 2014 @ 12:49 GMT
Hi Kimmo,

I have read your scary essay. I don't know anything about antimatter research but maybe I should look into it. I think I'll put this threat together with the asteroid risk, both things I can do nothing about and therefore should not spend much time worrying about. Though I suppose there was some good news because we could use the antimatter to destroy the asteroid. Thanks for sharing your concern.

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Apr. 21, 2014 @ 05:51 GMT
Hi Georgina,

Thanks for reading my essay! I shall read yours in couple of days.

Definitely we should look for the positive possibilities like destroying dangerous asteroids and enabling long distance space travelling.

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 03:07 GMT
Dear Rouvari

I fear "confusion" rather than antimatter - but your plan very well for us to note.

I would be very grateful if you share the Theory of Everything by illusion of you

Best wishes with highest scores - Hải.CaoHoàng

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 03:14 GMT
Hi Hoang,

And thank you for your score! You can find Theory of Everything by illusion from here. I shall read and score your essay in couple of days.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 16:58 GMT
Kimmo,

Certainly anti-matter is a topic of curiosity regarding the source of energy for space travel because of its potential. There is the curiosity of why we are left with matter after the big bang rather than anti-matter. Its occurrence and its use seems like something natural to study. It is natural in the process of fusion and supernovas, the source of GRBs.

Anti-matter obviously has the potential for destruction when coupled with matter but presenting it like a boogeyman doesn't seem to help the process of discovery.

With our lack of understanding of it, it is difficult to know how to feel.

Thanks for an interesting read.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on Apr. 22, 2014 @ 17:17 GMT
Hi Jim,

My bet is on claim that every particle is its own antiparticle. I won't go into details in this thread, but you can read more from here.

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover replied on May. 14, 2014 @ 21:05 GMT
Kimmo,

Are you saying that a particle contains the potential of being either a particle or an anti-particle, the former being a natural state and the latter coming from a high-energy state? Radioactive decay produces positrons. Is this due to high energy? I'm certainly no expert.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on May. 15, 2014 @ 03:32 GMT
James,

In normal conditions, particles rarely trigger annihilation event, therefore contemporary particle physics regards particles as the natural state for them. However, if we put two, for example, protons together as described in my Antimatter paper, proton annihilation will occur (prediction of ToEbi).

It's also possible to generate particle annihilation events with high energy, as generated with particle accelerators. Also radioactive decay produces high energy particles which are capable of trigger annihilation events.

Bookmark and Share

Peter Jackson wrote on May. 2, 2014 @ 19:02 GMT
Kimmo,

I absolutely agree we should save ourselves from our own stupidity and that antimatter seems to need treating with the utmost caution. But which antiparticles? Do we have any idea? or is it suck-it-and-see, so when we're destroyed we can say; "Aha that was the little blighter! dammit..."

I also agree that at least fermions propagate in particle/anti-particle pairs. Are positrons then dangerous? We've found them often and haven't had problems. In my favourite models (and papers) they propagate en-masse and most quickly annihilate (as opposing vortices) across the Debye length ('charge cancellation').

However (Discrete Field Model) a few join up tip to tip, closing to creating the toroid EM field - and there goes the neighbourhood as all sorts of things get bound up and 'matter' litters everywhere! So we may nor be here without antimatter! But is there really another type which can annihilate protons etc en masse?

I'm not a fan of suck-it and-see. Curiosity killed Schrodingers budgerigar! Great essay, we need a few warning shots to wake us up. Binary rating time I think. I note you also reject action at a distance. Great! You'll love my essay, I hope (I need the points) Classical proof that it's not required, and understandable! (by most).

Well done, and best of luck.

Peter

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on May. 3, 2014 @ 04:22 GMT
Most dangerous particle annihilations involve protons and neutrons, because their annihilation products have enough potential to trigger the chain reaction. That chain reaction needs also great amount of simultaneous annihilations and certain geometry.

So playing around in contemporary ways with particle annihilations most certainly possess no risk. But with certain technique you can create antimatter bomb or, in the worst case, create a setup which triggers that ultimate chain reaction. You can read more from my blog. Also check out the blog post concerning the geometry.

Warning shots are indeed fired! Unfortunately, nobody seems to believe me, isn't that ironic? :-) Nowadays, I'll try to enjoy my life as much as possible, just in case ;-)

I'll read your essay for sure! (in day or two)

Bookmark and Share

Michael muteru wrote on May. 16, 2014 @ 11:37 GMT
HI kimmo

I think thats too pessimistic.The greatest challenge to extinction of man remains man himself.One of the greatest challenges that we have to cope with is his own creation.We need to eliminate flawed thought that emanated from some ancestors.I have addreseed such issues in my essay hrer http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2101.tititled LIVING IN THE SHADOWS OF THE SUN: REALITIES, PERILS ESCAPADES MAN, PLANET AND KARDASHEV SCALE.MAKING THE GREAT TRANSITION by Michael muteru .hope you find time to rate/review my essay.for me I GIVE YOU 6/10.All the best

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on May. 16, 2014 @ 13:29 GMT
Hi Michael,

And thank you for your comments! I'll read and rate your essay in couple of days.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic and most of all, I do hope that I'm totally wrong. Unfortunately too many pieces fit in my puzzle. Let's hope for the best! :-)

Bookmark and Share

Israel Perez wrote on May. 17, 2014 @ 12:12 GMT
Dear Kimmo

I wonder what kind of experiments you refer to. As far as I know, antimatter can be produced in very small quantities and there is no risk of destroying the world.

Perhaps, you would like take a look at my essay and leave some comments. I would be looking forward to hearing news from you.

Good luck

Best Regards

Israel

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on May. 17, 2014 @ 14:46 GMT
Well, live and learn :-) There is a new kid in town... I'll check out your essay too.

Bookmark and Share

Philip Gibbs wrote on May. 27, 2014 @ 17:21 GMT
Short but sweet! Good luck

Bookmark and Share

Author Kimmo Rouvari replied on May. 27, 2014 @ 17:33 GMT
Thanks! My essay (and theory) is too unbelievable, so I won't hold my breath ;-)

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.