Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Vijay Gupta: on 8/10/13 at 20:25pm UTC, wrote thanks. I dill notify as soon as any addition is posted on picophysics.org...

Antony Ryan: on 8/7/13 at 22:26pm UTC, wrote Hello Vijay, Any more developments in picophysics? Hope the research is...

Paul Borrill: on 8/7/13 at 22:11pm UTC, wrote Dear Vijay, I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the contest...

Antony Ryan: on 8/4/13 at 22:09pm UTC, wrote Dear Vijay Gupta, Thanks for the reply above. I've now rated your essay...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 7/27/13 at 21:16pm UTC, wrote Resp Vijay sab, I am sorry I did not see your post, as I did not get any...

Sreenath N: on 7/25/13 at 19:25pm UTC, wrote Dear Vijay Guptaji, I have rated your highly classical essay with maximum...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 7/24/13 at 7:39am UTC, wrote Dear Vijay Gupta, I invite you to comment my essay and evaluate it. I gave...

Sreenath N: on 7/24/13 at 7:13am UTC, wrote Dear Vijay Guptaji, Your essay is full of originality due to the...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Lorraine Ford: "(continued) 3. “…so this is what defines a free choice : the Zeta..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Lorraine Ford: "(continued) Notes: 1. https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/free_will..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "What is happening in material reality provides the connection to inertia...." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Georgina Woodward: ""We saw early on that as conformed by countless experiment, there is no..." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

andrea gonzalez: "Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up. If want to collect free gift card..." in Memory, Causality and...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in First Things First: The...

Poker Online: "https://www.jakartapoker.net/" in Downward causation:...

Enquire us: "Your Ro system desires regular maintenance to confirm it’s continually in..." in Agency in the Physical...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
August 25, 2019

CATEGORY: It From Bit or Bit From It? Essay Contest (2013) [back]
TOPIC: Formulation of Unary Law of PicoPhysics by Vijay Mohan Gupta [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta wrote on Jun. 26, 2013 @ 18:03 GMT
Essay Abstract

In this essay the thought process which made us consider the fact ‘Space contains Energy’ as starting formulation of Unary law of Pico-Physics is described. An overview is provided on process of integrating the laws from contemporary physics into PicoPhysics. An overview is provided on integration of Geometrical properties of space into Unary Law. In Picophysics we find answers to questions never asked before. To this end; an overview is provided of integrating geometrical properties of space into unary law. Universe can be considered as a reality with two possible states as per Unary law (Space, & Space containing Knergy). The scope of PicoPhysics encompases understanding facts of nature whether identified in contemporary science or embedded in human psychology

Author Bio

Academically Vijay Gupta is an electronics engineer. He lives in Toronto, Canada. Theoretical Physics has been his passion since 1965. He initiated himself into a Pico-Physics - rethink process to integrate laws of physics into Unary law. Explanation begins with creation of particles in Space. The properties of these particles are evolved and identify with individual matter particles. Simple facts like 3-Dimensions of space, Time, Inertia, Force, Mass, Charge etc have to be integrated into Unary Law. Results of PicoPhysics match most of contemporary physics. It differs on elementary particles and theory of universe. www.picophysics.org

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Jun. 27, 2013 @ 23:17 GMT
Dear Vijay mohan ji

Thank you for presenting your nice essay. I saw the abstract and will post my comments soon.

I am requesting you to go through my essay also. And I take this opportunity to say, to come to reality and base your arguments on experimental results.

I failed mainly because I worked against the main stream. The main stream community people want magic from...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 14:25 GMT
Thanks Mr Satyavarapu,

Your statement 'there is no mental experiment, which produced material' reflects the eternal character of matter. This is founding basis of picophysics and termed Konservation.

Now as far as CMB (Cosmic Microwave Background) is concerned, Picophysics has an interpretation of this reality which results (is derived) from Unary Law. As per this view, CMR are cooled photons (Quantized Electromagnetic radiations. The cooling takes place as they travel through space and loose energy. (Law of conservation of energy is valid a caveat in Picophysics).

Thanks for your comments look forward to your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 15:17 GMT
NB.

Mr Satyavarapu

There has been some confusion in picophysics on whether Unary particle replies to Photon of contemporary physics or neutrino. The current logic favors it to be neutrino. Hence Photon is composed of two Unary particles and so is electron as well as positron. Now anihilation to produce two photons as well as statistical nature of nuclear radiations is well explained.

Thanks; look forward to your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Jul. 1, 2013 @ 12:11 GMT
Dear Vijay

Thank you for introducing about Picophysics. Your arguments are provoking any one into creation of particle is a reality. It is very interesting. Hope you don't mind my asking.....

1. Did you or any one conduct any experiment where creation on any flavour of neutrino or any other particle was created from nothing?

2. Was there any experiment which detect CMBR from Bigbang or by cooling of photons?

Best

=snp

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 28, 2013 @ 04:52 GMT
Send to all of you

THE ADDITIONAL ARTICLES AND A SMALL TEST FOR MUTUAL BENEFIT

To change the atmosphere "abstract" of the competition and to demonstrate for the real preeminent possibility of the Absolute theory as well as to clarify the issues I mentioned in the essay and to avoid duplicate questions after receiving the opinion of you , I will add a reply to you :

1 . THE...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 14:35 GMT
Dear Mr Hoang Cao Hai,

PicoPhysics consider reality as reflected in laws of contemporary physics that needs to be understood through a common thought process.

Absolute is the term understood in context of relativity that negates the notion of absolute motion. The emphasis and name incorporating relativity is misnomer in view of PicoPhysics for the observed reality explained by relativity. PicoPhysicist considers the Einstein contribution to describe motion as law of nature is more significant.

Thanks for your comments look forward to your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Bookmark and Share

Wilhelmus de Wilde de Wilde wrote on Jun. 28, 2013 @ 16:42 GMT
Dear Vijay,

Thank you for your kind reamrks on my essay "THE QUEST FOR THE ¨RIMAL SEQUENCE"

I have read with much interest your contribution to this contest.

It seems that my "term" CREALITY is applquable to your perceprtion of reality, in fact everyone is "creating" his own reality and is making an effort to explain his awareness.

In order to plunge deeper we must try to forget the so called "laws" that seem not to be laws at all, humanity is only existing one second and may be we will continue for hours .... so I am convinced that the perceptions we have now of our reality are very very flaw, we are in a mist observing vague forms and guessing what is the origin of them (Plato , the cave).

It is good to see here in the FQXi contest all the efforts that are made by all these thinkers on our little globe, the total (including yours and mine) are only parts of a puzzle , but a lot of pieces are still in the box and the whole image is still invisible.

Wilhelmus

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 14:44 GMT
Dear Mr Wilhelmus de Wilde,

It is pleasure receive your comments on laws of physics. Picophysics consider the laws of physics as the reality that needs to be understood, integrated into a common thought process. This thought process is based on single law – Unary law besides concepts integrated into the three words constituting the law namely ‘Contain’; ‘Space’ and ‘Konservation’.

Look forward to receiving your evaluation and comments on essay ‘Formulation of Unary law’. I hope for your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 14:55 GMT
Dear Mr Wilhelmus de Wilde,

I read your article. It is well written and express a view point aligned with the subject matter of this competition.

In PicoPhysics, we lack mathematics. It is being developed under the name of 'Infinite Mathematics'. This is being developed in synch with Picophysics. Currently it forms basis of understanding analog/digital world and its relationship with Konservation. This is the basis of viewing all material objects to be composed of single elementary particle type with simple particle like photon being composed of two unary particles.

Look forward to receiving your evaluation and comments on essay ‘Formulation of Unary law’. I hope for your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Proponent Unary Law (Space Conatins Knergy)

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 29, 2013 @ 23:01 GMT
Dear Vijay

A great idea, hope you will use this law - "unary" - to test my suggestion of the final of "TOE" .

I appreciate your essay by 8 points.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1802

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 15:10 GMT
Dear HoangCao,

Can you expand on "TOE". I did not find this reference in your essay. In the discussions in the Blog, I find reference to questions like 'What is Information'.

Generally speaking, in Picophysics we are concerned with observation. What is observation? Observation creates the information that is communicated.

I have a small write-up on observation , which may be useful to divulge deeper into generation of information through observation.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Proponent Unary Law (Space Contains Knergy)

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai replied on Jul. 1, 2013 @ 07:36 GMT
It is my absolute theory, in particular:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thiendinh.Ha
i.CaoHoang71

2. http://thiendinhhaicaohoang.wordpress.com/201
1/10/22/hello-world/#comments

Hải.Caohoàng

Bookmark and Share

Antony Ryan wrote on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 16:37 GMT
Hello Vijay,

Does Picophysics conclude Bit from It or vice versa? I like the description you mention where the Universe can be considered as a reality with two possible states...

If you get chance, I'd very much appreciate your thoughts on my essay.

Best wishes in the contest,

Antony

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta wrote on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 18:07 GMT
Thanks Ryan for asking,

"Bit from It and It from Bit" is a topic like the Question "Egg and Hen which came first?" The (IT) information is expression of result of observation which then is based on objects about which knowledge about object, BIT (Nature) is extracted. Thus we get knowledge about different aspects of nature (BIT) from information (IT) communicated as result of observation .

The second aspect of topic is current and related to purported discovery of Bosons and GOD particles - existence of which, we wish to conclude from information (statistical variation of certain collected data in experiments targeted to discover Bosons). Here contemporary scientific community wants to crown the discovery of GOD particles from analysis of noise like variation in electronic signal as information item.

In a sense, when we take the first approach, information is projection of reality on observer. This information, as interjected, is documented in various laws of physics which are universally applicable. The essay processes this information in attempt to arrive at a single universally applicable law (The reduced Information set - Unary Law).

We can therefore say Unary law represents the BIT (Reality) and Laws of Physics represent the IT (Information).

Thanks for your question look forward to your support and working with you to further develop PicoPhysics.

Vijay Gupta

905 771 0024

Proponent Unary Law (Space Contains Knergy)

Bookmark and Share

Antony Ryan replied on Jul. 12, 2013 @ 13:06 GMT
Hello Vijay,

Thanks for the answer. Observation and chicken and egg are key points I reached in my conclusion also. Great example with Higg's as well. I would look forward to working with you too!

Best wishes for the contest,

Antony

Bookmark and Share

Harlan Swyers wrote on Jul. 3, 2013 @ 10:25 GMT
Vijay,

Interesting essay. I have one question, does the Unary law ensure the cosmological constant always has a positive value?

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 6, 2013 @ 16:01 GMT
Thanks Harlan Swyers,

In cosmology, some identify the cosmological constant as equivalent to an energy density in otherwise empty space. Since PicoPhysics identifies contemporary energy as rate of consumption of space, It is +ive where Matter is present. In empty space (devoid of matter) it is slightly negative. The balance is achieved when space consumed by matter equals the generated space.

It can be seen, depending on distribution of matter between source and receiver the shift in spectrum of received radiation can vary. This result in general observation identified with Hubble's Law, as well as accelerating and pulsing universe. Geometrically universe is seen in equilibrium in PicoPhysics with other possibility (Accelerating/pulsing) being temporal in nature.

Vijay

Proponent Unary Law - Space contains Knergy

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Jul. 3, 2013 @ 20:00 GMT
Vijay,

If given the time and the wits to evaluate over 120 more entries, I have a month to try. My seemingly whimsical title, “It’s good to be the king,” is serious about our subject.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 6, 2013 @ 16:15 GMT
I read your essay that deals with 'Quantum information theory'. PicoPhysics is a deterministic theory. Instead of probability, it talks in terms of possibility.

Thanks for your comemnts.

Vijay Gupta

Proponent Unary Law - Space contains Knergy

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jul. 13, 2013 @ 18:08 GMT
Dear Vijay Gupta ,

I have down loaded your essay and soon post my comments on it. Meanwhile, please, go through my essay and post your comments.

Regards and good luck in the contest,

Sreenath BN.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1827

Bookmark and Share

Akinbo Ojo wrote on Jul. 14, 2013 @ 13:48 GMT
Hello Vijay,

PicoPhysics theory look interesting, especially since you try to incorporate geometrical properties of space into Unary Law. I agree with the way you discuss 3-D Space, but what can cause the Heterogeneity of Space? Also, do you have proof of Pythagoras' Theorem not based on geometrical properties? You can have a look at my essay which also discusses geometry.

Good luck in the contest.

Best regards,

Akinbo

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 17, 2013 @ 14:28 GMT
Hello Akinbo,

The heterogeneity of space is defined by unary law itself. “Space Contains Knergy” defines existence of Knergy in space as some isolated regions containing Knergy while others don’t. This is the primary cause of heterogeneity of space.

Yes, I have a proof of Pythagoras' Theorem not based on geometrical properties. In Pico physics all properties of space are derived from unary law. The tool to begin thinking as a PicoPhysist is infinite maths and k-diagram to understand heterogeneity of space.

My article on 5-D univers contains the beginning and important elements of Infinite Maths.

Thanks for comments. I participate in this forum for audience since I donot neither have means or life span to write article for science journals.

Vijay Gupta

Proponent Unary Law "Space Conatins Knergy"

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 17, 2013 @ 14:54 GMT
Hello Akinbo,

The heterogeneity of space is defined by unary law itself. “Space Contains Knergy” defines existence of Knergy in space as some isolated regions containing Knergy while others don’t. This is the primary cause of heterogeneity of space.

Yes, I have a proof of Pythagoras' Theorem not based on geometrical properties. In Pico physics all properties of space are derived from unary law. The tool to begin thinking as a PicoPhysist is infinite maths and k-diagram to understand heterogeneity of space.

My article on 5-D universe ; fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1326 contains the beginning and important elements of Infinite Maths.

Vijay Gupta

Proponent Unary Law "Space Conatins Knergy"

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Jul. 14, 2013 @ 19:42 GMT
Dear Vijay Gupta,

I enjoyed reading your essay. Contests FQXi - is primarily a contest of ideas. Excellent promising idea «Unary Law». The whole history of physics - it is a continuous process of unification. You and I are very close in spirit and direction of research. Excellent rating. See my essay.

I wish you every success and respect,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 17, 2013 @ 15:19 GMT
Thanks Vladimir.

This forum gives us (who are short on time) to get an audience for expressing the way we have understood the nature around us.

We have discovered the difference between data, information, knowledge and understanding. While I got my knowledge by education and learning, understanding is more internal and comes out of hypothesis and logic one constructs for himself. PicoPhysics is one such construct to convert "knowledge about" to "understanding of" nature.

Thanks again for your very encouraging comments.

Vijay Gupta

Prpoponent Unary Law 'Space Contains Knergy'.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Jul. 17, 2013 @ 16:55 GMT
I read and commented on your essay. In my comments on this excellent essay I have suggested a look at my essay at 5-D universe . I will advice a look at my comments in discussions as well. An example is below:

Dear Mr Steve Dufourny,

It is my pleasure to read your comments. Many mainstream physics experts will feel the same. Text of your comments hints to some basic questions. I...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Jul. 24, 2013 @ 07:39 GMT
Dear Vijay Gupta,

I invite you to comment my essay and evaluate it. I gave a high rating of 14.07 your research and ideas - "happy nine".

Best regards,

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Manuel S Morales wrote on Jul. 23, 2013 @ 19:33 GMT
Vijay,

I find your essay very well written and insightful. I particularly found that we share the same deterministic mindset when you expressed, "...Space contains Energy. It was universally applicable, close to human perception and intuitively conclusive & deterministic."

I wish to rate your essay highly but would like to run a question or two by you if I may via email before I do. What is your email address or if you prefer you can send an email response to my email address at: msm@physicsofdestiny.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Manuel

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jul. 24, 2013 @ 07:13 GMT
Dear Vijay Guptaji,

Your essay is full of originality due to the introduction of new concepts like knergy, konservation and unary law which form part of your formulation of Pico physics. According to you, Space contains Energy and integrating geometrical properties of space gives us unary law. You have nicely summed up the intention behind formulating Pico physics by saying that “understanding facts of nature whether identified in contemporary science or embedded in human psychology”; thus combining both science and mind in one frame of reference. This is a wise intention to engulf whole of human wisdom on a single theme. But such sort of things needs to be accepted by at least a part of the scientific community and it requires your enormous effort to earn that recognition. I hope, you prevail up on this and get your work recognized by the scientific community. Wish you all the best in your endeavor. Please go through my essay also (http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1827) and express your comments on it in my thread. After seeing your comments, I am going to rate your essay with maximum possible score, although you care least for it.

Best regards,

Sreenath

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jul. 25, 2013 @ 19:25 GMT
Dear Vijay Guptaji,

I have rated your highly classical essay with maximum possible score.

Best regards,

Sreenath

Bookmark and Share

Antony Ryan wrote on Aug. 4, 2013 @ 22:09 GMT
Dear Vijay Gupta,

Thanks for the reply above. I've now rated your essay highly as I think it deserves to be further up the rankings. Please take a look at my essay if you get chance.

Best wishes,

Antony

Bookmark and Share

Paul Borrill wrote on Aug. 7, 2013 @ 22:11 GMT
Dear Vijay,

I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the contest and appreciate your contribution to this competition.

I have been thoroughly impressed at the breadth, depth and quality of the ideas represented in this contest. In true academic spirit, if you have not yet reviewed my essay, I invite you to do so and leave your comments.

You can find the latest version of my essay here:

http://fqxi.org/data/forum-attachments/Borrill-TimeOne-
V1.1a.pdf

(sorry if the fqxi web site splits this url up, I haven’t figured out a way to not make it do that).

May the best essays win!

Kind regards,

Paul Borrill

paul at borrill dot com

Bookmark and Share

Antony Ryan wrote on Aug. 7, 2013 @ 22:26 GMT
Hello Vijay,

Any more developments in picophysics? Hope the research is going well!?

Regards,

Antony

Bookmark and Share

Author Vijay Mohan Gupta replied on Aug. 10, 2013 @ 20:25 GMT
thanks. I dill notify as soon as any addition is posted on picophysics.org

for living I have to take my time away from picophysics

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.