Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Paul Borrill: on 8/7/13 at 18:48pm UTC, wrote Dear Alexander, I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the...

Alexander Ilyanok: on 7/29/13 at 17:11pm UTC, wrote Dear Akinbo, All the answers to your questions can be found in my article ...

Manuel Morales: on 7/28/13 at 16:52pm UTC, wrote Alexander, I agree with your analysis and conclusion that mathematical...

Akinbo Ojo: on 7/25/13 at 18:27pm UTC, wrote Dear Alexander, That is a very nice essay on gravitation. There is a...

Vladimir Tamari: on 7/19/13 at 9:07am UTC, wrote Dear Alexander. Hello, and apologies if this does not apply to you. I have...

Alexander Ilyanok: on 7/18/13 at 13:57pm UTC, wrote Dear Jonathan! Thank you for your comments. I examine the issue of the...

Jonathan Dickau: on 7/12/13 at 2:53am UTC, wrote Hello again, You may also wish to check out my essay, as I too am an...

Jonathan Dickau: on 7/12/13 at 2:45am UTC, wrote Hello Alexander, I find your paper intriguing. Like Vladimir, I must...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "Hi Ian, I've been thinking about choice of carrot or pepper. Behaving in a..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Lorraine Ford: "(continued) 3. “…so this is what defines a free choice : the Zeta..." in Measuring Free Will: Ian...

Georgina Woodward: "What is happening in material reality provides the connection to inertia...." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

Georgina Woodward: ""We saw early on that as conformed by countless experiment, there is no..." in Bonus Koan: Distant...

andrea gonzalez: "Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up. If want to collect free gift card..." in Memory, Causality and...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in First Things First: The...

Poker Online: "https://www.jakartapoker.net/" in Downward causation:...

Enquire us: "Your Ro system desires regular maintenance to confirm it’s continually in..." in Agency in the Physical...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
August 25, 2019

CATEGORY: It From Bit or Bit From It? Essay Contest (2013) [back]
TOPIC: Laplace Gravitation Waves as Motive Idea of XXI Century Informational Revolution by Alexander M. Ilyanok [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Alexander M. Ilyanok wrote on Jun. 21, 2013 @ 16:25 GMT
Essay Abstract

In the 19th century, people have mastered sound waves, electromagnetic waves in the 20th century. The 21st century should be a century of gravitational waves! Newton opened a door to the near space, and we have mastered it. Laplace opened a window in the Grand Universe and the first experimentally estimated that the speed of gravitational interaction of eight orders of magnitude higher than the speed of light. No one has been able to refute the Laplace experiments, and we see Laplace waves on the wall of the Metagalaxy. However, Einstein theory of relativity postulates just closed this window. It's time to have the courage to open the window to the Universe again, as Mankind is challenged by the most important task of creating a Galactic Internet. We have shown that the gravitational field is formed by fields of each atom, thus forming together a metaatom. The total gravitational field of metaatoms has a complex spatial structure, depending on the relative speeds (temperatures) and the distance between gravitating objects. Systems of metaatom form planets, stars, galaxies, and the Metagalaxy. The simplest metaatom is a hydrogen atom, which gravitational field consists of two components: the classical Newtonian gravity acting on a distance of 2.7 ∙ 1020 m (the radius of the galaxy), and 11 orders of magnitude weaker gravitational forces of repulsion, but acting up to distances of 1.1 ∙ 1026 m (radius of the Metagalaxy). Using obtained fundamental macroquantum laws it is possible to develop a new class of devices based on the coherent gravity waves effects for imaging gravitating objects ranging in size from man to Earth as a whole, and also to investigate the gravitational (bio) field of people.

Author Bio

BORN November 29, 1949, Alma-Ata, Kazahstan EDUCATION 1973 Institute of the civil aviation, city Riga, Latvia, speciality - engineer on air avionics 1983 Post-graduate course on the speciality Nuclear Physics, Physics Department of Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus RESEARCH INTERESTS Nuclear physics, high energy physics, condensed matter physics, quantum mechanics, nanotechnologies (nanoelectronics, nanobiology), femtotechnologies, astronomy PhD: technical Sci. No 098306, Moscow, 1987 1989 Director of the Atomic and Molecular Engineering Laboratory 1997-present Lead Scientist of the Consulting Center “Nanobiology” (Minsk, RB) 2003-2010 Lead Scientist of the Netwise Nanovation, GmbH (Switzerland) 2001 Professor of the Institute of Modern Knowledge (Minsk, RB)

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Anton Lorenz Vrba wrote on Jun. 22, 2013 @ 17:34 GMT
Alex,

You nail the problem of physics with this sentence "Let us remember that the basic laws of physics were obtained experimentally, and to this day they do not follow from any of mathematical models."

For the rest of the essay, well, ..... aahm, ... lets put it this way: we agree that contemporary physics is not on the right track however concerning the alternatives presented we agree to disagree

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 23, 2013 @ 15:40 GMT
Dear Alex

The essay shows a realistic look very deep and broad scope of the study.

Totally agree with your conclusion with a high score.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1802

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jun. 24, 2013 @ 08:01 GMT
Dear Alex,

I have down loaded your essay and soon post my comments on it. Mean while, please, go through my essay and post your comments.

Regards and good luck in the contest.

Sreenath BN.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1827

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 27, 2013 @ 05:00 GMT
Send to all of you

THE ADDITIONAL ARTICLES AND A SMALL TEST FOR MUTUAL BENEFIT

To change the atmosphere "abstract" of the competition and to demonstrate for the real preeminent possibility of the Absolute theory as well as to clarify the issues I mentioned in the essay and to avoid duplicate questions after receiving the opinion of you , I will add a reply to you :

1 . THE...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Jun. 28, 2013 @ 01:00 GMT
Dear Ilyanok,

Thank you for presenting your nice essay. I saw the abstract and will post my comments soon. So you can produce material from your thinking. . . .

I am requesting you to go through my essay also. And I take this opportunity to say, to come to reality and base your arguments on experimental results.

I failed mainly because I worked against the main stream. The...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

George Kirakosyan wrote on Jun. 30, 2013 @ 07:31 GMT
Hi dear Alexander,

Your theme is very interesting to me - I have work on gravity problem also and I think we can talk on this matter. Meantime it is heavy subject to discuss it right here. It will better napisat mne from my essay. I will thankfull to get your opinion to it. Predidushchi paren moshennik, take care!

Sincerely,

George

ESSAY

Bookmark and Share

basudeba mishra wrote on Jul. 1, 2013 @ 21:17 GMT
Dear Sir,

You have presented the Einsteinian view that “gravity acts in the same way on different bodies, giving them the same acceleration regardless of their mass, chemical composition and other properties”. Einsteinian space-time curvature calculations were based on vacuum, i.e. on a medium without any gravitational properties (since it has no mass). If a material medium is...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Jul. 3, 2013 @ 18:35 GMT
Alexander,

If given the time and the wits to evaluate over 120 more entries, I have a month to try. My seemingly whimsical title, “It’s good to be the king,” is serious about our subject.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari wrote on Jul. 5, 2013 @ 01:25 GMT
Dear Alexander,

I enjoyed reading your essay because it shows a person willing to challenge currently accepted wisdom, even Einstein's, and capable of presenting his ideas clearly and quantitatively.

Some things in your essay are hard to accept - why take Laplace's word about cosmic phenomena - made 200 years ago when even the concept of galaxy was not formed? Equating the speed of gravitation with that of light seems reasonable, particularly as you yourself state that "A priori gravity and electromagnetism are inseparable. This is a manifestation of the same nature!" Why limit the extent of gravity to the galaxy? Astronomical phenomena show there is attraction between different galaxies.

I have my own reasons for refusing Einstein's over-complex description of gravity based on spacetime. In my qualitative 2005 Beautiful Universe Theory also found here I show an ether mechanism for how gravity acts as an optical field of variable index of diffraction (i.e. density). Unfortunately this is just a 'model' but it is one based on examining the experimental phenomena and making a theory to explain them as simply as possible.

I wish you the best in your research.

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Jul. 12, 2013 @ 02:45 GMT
Hello Alexander,

I find your paper intriguing. Like Vladimir, I must commend you fro your boldness to present such a proposal here, but this effort falls short of being a serious research paper on the subject. I can tell you that there are people who are researching some of these matters seriously, or who have research proposals on the table. You may be interested in joining the discussion on this FQXi Forum page regarding a paper "Dimensional reduction in the sky" that discusses the possibility raised by VanFlandern that the speed of gravity is different from that of light (tensor mode vs scalar propagation).

But be advised; researchers would need to develop some serious broadband GW detectors, with a much greater sensitivity than those built to date - to do what you propose. Although Steinhardt stated at the end of his Scientific American article, and in his FFP11 talk, that we need to probe the Gravity Wave Background to really know which Cosmology is correct; most working scientists seem disinclined to seriously question Inflation, and gravity wave physics has to struggle to get any funding at all. Still; there are folks looking to develop this, and some see the possibility for GW communications across vast distances as realistic, once the technical hurtles are overcome.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Jul. 12, 2013 @ 02:53 GMT
Hello again,

You may also wish to check out my essay, as I too am an author entered in this year's FQXi contest.

Have Fun!

Jonathan

Bookmark and Share

Author Alexander M. Ilyanok wrote on Jul. 18, 2013 @ 13:57 GMT
Dear Jonathan!

Thank you for your comments.

I examine the issue of the pilot project on the transfer of information in the galaxy. This is a detail in my article Manifesto. Galactic Internet. http://vixra.org/abs/1306.0079

It is important that on the same frequency of nearest range Pc3 the electromagnetic field of the Earth vibrates, which is in plasmaspheric resonance....

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Vladimir F. Tamari wrote on Jul. 19, 2013 @ 09:07 GMT
Dear Alexander. Hello, and apologies if this does not apply to you. I have read and rated your essay and about 50 others. If you have not read, or did not rate my essay The Cloud of Unknowing please consider doing so. With best wishes.

Vladimir

Bookmark and Share

Akinbo Ojo wrote on Jul. 25, 2013 @ 18:27 GMT
Dear Alexander,

That is a very nice essay on gravitation. There is a question that bothers me, if gravity cause attraction why does earth move near to sun at perihelion and gravity allows it to move away at aphelion, instead of moving nearer and spiraling inwards to sun? Have you seen my essay. Kindly take a look and rate if you like it.

Best regards,

Akinbo

Bookmark and Share

Author Alexander M. Ilyanok replied on Jul. 29, 2013 @ 17:11 GMT
Dear Akinbo,

All the answers to your questions can be found in my article Macroquantum Effects in Astronomy http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0111/0111183.pdf

With best wishes, Alexander Ilyanok

Bookmark and Share

Manuel S Morales wrote on Jul. 28, 2013 @ 16:52 GMT
Alexander,

I agree with your analysis and conclusion that mathematical models alone are insufficient to form an understanding of our physical universe. I found your insight and conclusion well in keeping with the findings I have obtained from a 12 year experiment I have recently concluded. So I found it easy to rate your essay a 10/10 and I hope you will be willing to return the favor of rating my essay in kind.

Best wishes and good luck in the competition.

Manuel

Bookmark and Share

Paul Borrill wrote on Aug. 7, 2013 @ 18:48 GMT
Dear Alexander,

I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the contest and appreciate your contribution to this competition.

I have been thoroughly impressed at the breadth, depth and quality of the ideas represented in this contest. In true academic spirit, if you have not yet reviewed my essay, I invite you to do so and leave your comments.

You can find the latest version of my essay here:

http://fqxi.org/data/forum-attachments/Borrill-TimeOne-
V1.1a.pdf

(sorry if the fqxi web site splits this url up, I haven’t figured out a way to not make it do that).

May the best essays win!

Kind regards,

Paul Borrill

paul at borrill dot com

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.