Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Paul Borrill: on 8/7/13 at 21:46pm UTC, wrote Dear Mavriche, I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the...

Cristinel Stoica: on 8/7/13 at 18:06pm UTC, wrote Dear Adrian, I found today your essay, very interesting ideas! Regarding...

eAmazigh HANNOU: on 8/4/13 at 18:42pm UTC, wrote Dear Adrian, We are at the end of this essay contest. In conclusion, at...

Sreenath N: on 7/27/13 at 7:17am UTC, wrote Dear Mavriche, The theme behind your essay aroused my interest because I...

Sreenath N: on 7/26/13 at 1:55am UTC, wrote Dear Adrian, I have down loaded your essay and soon post my comments on...

James Hoover: on 7/3/13 at 19:54pm UTC, wrote Mavriche, If given the time and the wits to evaluate over 120 more...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 6/28/13 at 1:16am UTC, wrote Dear Adrian, Thank you for presenting your nice essay. I saw the abstract...

Hoang Hai: on 6/27/13 at 4:59am UTC, wrote Send to all of you THE ADDITIONAL ARTICLES AND A SMALL TEST FOR MUTUAL...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

isabell ella: "If you are facing Cash app related problems and want to get support..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Georgina Woodward: "Quite right Lorraine, ( to be clear perhaps I should have said..." in Cosmological Koans

Lorraine Ford: "Honestly Georgina, Wake up! Change of number is NOT energy." in Cosmological Koans

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Michael Hussey: "https://www.google.com" in New Nuclear "Magic...

Michael Hussey: "it is really difficult to understand what is all about all the things..." in New Nuclear "Magic...

Stefan Weckbach: "I have a problem with the notion of time in the multiverse scenario that..." in First Things First: The...

Roger Granet: "By the way, this post was from Roger." in First Things First: The...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
July 18, 2019

CATEGORY: It From Bit or Bit From It? Essay Contest (2013) [back]
TOPIC: From the relative existence of electromagnetic field to its connection with the gravitational field or General Relativity Extended by Mavriche Adrian [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Mavriche Adrian wrote on Jun. 21, 2013 @ 16:11 GMT
Essay Abstract

The present document starts from the relative existence of the electromagnetic field, reaching through mental experiments to its connection with the gravitational field, without the necessity to resort to other space - time dimensions or supplementary "exotic" particles. The final conclusion is that the field "electro-gravitational" and electromagnetic field with accelerated source are two different manifestations of the same single field dynamic. While demonstrating why there are light sources with "flee" towards the red or blue of the light spectrum and explain why we have accelerate expansion of the universe without the necessity of dark matter.

Author Bio

My name is Mavriche Adrian and my e-mail is mavricheadrian@gmail.com and I propose you a theory that seems simple, but with major implications in physics and does not contradict with any "standard theory" on the contrary, it is based on two standard theories ("General Theory of Relativity" and "Electromagnetic Field Theory"). I introduced and confirmation,which says that it's like expected my theory (see "Reference" headings 8, 9 -arXiv, 10).My theory "explain why we have accelerate expansion of the universe without the necessity of dark matter." (This dark matter with controversial properties - exert gravitational attraction, but (strangely) not interact

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Anton Lorenz Vrba wrote on Jun. 22, 2013 @ 17:40 GMT
Mavriche - you havae not convinced me

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 23, 2013 @ 15:18 GMT
Dear Mavriche

Absolutely true, dark matter is not the accelerated source of the cosmic expansion , that our intellect is not yet bright enough to see.

I judged by the high score for that.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1802

Bookmark and Share

Author Mavriche Adrian replied on Jun. 25, 2013 @ 07:21 GMT
Dear Hoang,

I do not know what information you got, but please see the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_universe

Adria
n.

Bookmark and Share

Manuel S Morales wrote on Jun. 23, 2013 @ 17:37 GMT
Mavriche,

Interesting mental experiments you have presented in your essay. You have touched upon findings that I have obtained which unify gravity with the electromagnetic field. However, the findings I have obtained go much further to unify gravity with the strong, weak, and electromagnetic forces as one super-deterministc force. I invite you to rate my essay when you get the chance:

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1809

Good luck with your entry of which I have rated highly for its originality.

Regards,

Manuel

Bookmark and Share

Philip Gibbs wrote on Jun. 24, 2013 @ 07:29 GMT
Adrian, welcome to the contest. These are interesting thought experiments but it would be useful to explain more about how these relate to the topic of "It from Bit"

Bookmark and Share

Author Mavriche Adrian replied on Jun. 25, 2013 @ 07:42 GMT
Dear Philip,

Yes. Please excuse me.I think I posted in the wrong place.

Please change the posting, if you are able.

Adrian

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Jun. 27, 2013 @ 04:59 GMT
Send to all of you

THE ADDITIONAL ARTICLES AND A SMALL TEST FOR MUTUAL BENEFIT

To change the atmosphere "abstract" of the competition and to demonstrate for the real preeminent possibility of the Absolute theory as well as to clarify the issues I mentioned in the essay and to avoid duplicate questions after receiving the opinion of you , I will add a reply to you :

1 . THE...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Jun. 28, 2013 @ 01:16 GMT
Dear Adrian,

Thank you for presenting your nice essay. I saw the abstract and will post my comments soon.

So you can produce material from your thinking. . . .

I am requesting you to go through my essay also. And I take this opportunity to say, to come to reality and base your arguments on experimental results.

I failed mainly because I worked against the main stream....

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

James Lee Hoover wrote on Jul. 3, 2013 @ 19:54 GMT
Mavriche,

If given the time and the wits to evaluate over 120 more entries, I have a month to try. My seemingly whimsical title, “It’s good to be the king,” is serious about our subject.

Jim

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jul. 26, 2013 @ 01:55 GMT
Dear Adrian,

I have down loaded your essay and soon post my comments on it. Meanwhile, please, go through my essay and post your comments.

Regards and good luck in the contest,

Sreenath BN.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1827

Bookmark and Share

Sreenath B N wrote on Jul. 27, 2013 @ 07:17 GMT
Dear Mavriche,

The theme behind your essay aroused my interest because I am too, like you, working on the theory of quantum-gravity (QG) by combining both gravitational and electro-magnetic fields. In fact in the previous essay contest of fqxi (2012), I dealt with the same subject and you can see there my paper. The two fields you are talking of, namely, electro-gravitational and electromagnetic field with accelerated source, as you have rightly pointed out, are two manifestations of the same field called the QG field. I appreciate your idea of bringing both fields on the same platform through your imaginative thinking made me wonder about the psychic abilities you possess. Your idea of explaining ‘the acceleration expansion of the universe’ without the necessity of dark matter is really worth considering. You have clearly given the unification formula as “gravitational field + electric field = electromagnetic field with the accelerated source” and expressed it as U.T.E.F.G. When you say that “When introducing an electric field in a gravitational field (acceleration field), an electromagnetic field with accelerated source always appears, or, There is no method to distinguish between an electric field combined with a gravitational field (electro-gravitational field) and an electromagnetic field with accelerated source” it is simply revelation of your dream of combining both fields. This is also reminiscent of Einstein’s thoughts on his theories of relativity. The figures you have displayed help one in understanding your ideas behind them. So for all these reasons and also because of similarities to my thoughts with that of yours, I have given you maximum possible rating. Please go through my essay also (http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1827) and express your comments on it in my thread.

I look forward to hear from you in the earnest and all the best.

Sreenath

Bookmark and Share

eAmazigh M. HANNOU wrote on Aug. 4, 2013 @ 18:42 GMT
Dear Adrian,

We are at the end of this essay contest.

In conclusion, at the question to know if Information is more fundamental than Matter, there is a good reason to answer that Matter is made of an amazing mixture of eInfo and eEnergy, at the same time.

Matter is thus eInfo made with eEnergy rather than answer it is made with eEnergy and eInfo ; because eInfo is eEnergy, and the one does not go without the other one.

eEnergy and eInfo are the two basic Principles of the eUniverse. Nothing can exist if it is not eEnergy, and any object is eInfo, and therefore eEnergy.

And consequently our eReality is eInfo made with eEnergy. And the final verdict is : eReality is virtual, and virtuality is our fundamental eReality.

Good luck to the winners,

And see you soon, with good news on this topic, and the Theory of Everything.

Amazigh H.

I rated your essay.

Please visit My essay.

Bookmark and Share

Cristinel Stoica wrote on Aug. 7, 2013 @ 18:06 GMT
Dear Adrian,

I found today your essay, very interesting ideas! Regarding accelerated charges, you may be interested in these recent papers Mechanical Properties of the Electric Field: A Novel Prediction derived from the Field's Mass and Stress, and Charge Acceleration and Field-Lines Curvature: A Fundamental Symmetry and Consequent Asymmetries.

Best wishes,

Cristi Stoica

Bookmark and Share

Paul Borrill wrote on Aug. 7, 2013 @ 21:46 GMT
Dear Mavriche,

I have now finished reviewing all 180 essays for the contest and appreciate your contribution to this competition.

I have been thoroughly impressed at the breadth, depth and quality of the ideas represented in this contest. In true academic spirit, if you have not yet reviewed my essay, I invite you to do so and leave your comments.

You can find the latest version of my essay here:

http://fqxi.org/data/forum-attachments/Borrill-TimeOne-
V1.1a.pdf

(sorry if the fqxi web site splits this url up, I haven’t figured out a way to not make it do that).

May the best essays win!

Kind regards,

Paul Borrill

paul at borrill dot com

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.