Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

agario games: on 12/7/18 at 3:26am UTC, wrote I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic...

Joe Rubin: on 3/27/18 at 13:17pm UTC, wrote We are presenting all the significant information about vroot Apk, vRoot...

Joe Rubin: on 3/27/18 at 13:15pm UTC, wrote We are presenting all the significant information about V Root apk, vRoot...

Jusline Webber: on 12/12/16 at 15:36pm UTC, wrote interesting piece..am glad that came across it..this way wouldn't have to...

Jusline Webber: on 12/12/16 at 15:34pm UTC, wrote interesting piece..am glad that came across it..this way wouldn't have to...

Sergey Fedosin: on 10/4/12 at 4:05am UTC, wrote If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings...

Kumar: on 10/2/12 at 12:21pm UTC, wrote Hello Sergey, I appreciate your taking the time to read and rate the...

Sergey Fedosin: on 10/2/12 at 6:32am UTC, wrote After studying about 250 essays in this contest, I realize now, how can I...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

isabell ella: "If you are facing Cash app related problems and want to get support..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Georgina Woodward: "Quite right Lorraine, ( to be clear perhaps I should have said..." in Cosmological Koans

Lorraine Ford: "Honestly Georgina, Wake up! Change of number is NOT energy." in Cosmological Koans

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Michael Hussey: "https://www.google.com" in New Nuclear "Magic...

Michael Hussey: "it is really difficult to understand what is all about all the things..." in New Nuclear "Magic...

Stefan Weckbach: "I have a problem with the notion of time in the multiverse scenario that..." in First Things First: The...

Roger Granet: "By the way, this post was from Roger." in First Things First: The...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
July 18, 2019

CATEGORY: Questioning the Foundations Essay Contest (2012) [back]
TOPIC: The Secret Life and Role of the Neutrino by Kumar S Nochur [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Kumar S Nochur wrote on Sep. 7, 2012 @ 11:10 GMT
Essay Abstract

The identity of the neutrino as the particle of consciousness and its role in that capacity as the universal information carrier and transmitter are explained in this paper. Facts about neutrino release from blackholes, their ubiquitous presence and incredible numbers, the role of the conscious observer in quantum mechanics, and the new theory of neutrino condensates are used to delineate the critical information agency role that they play in the operation and evolution of the universe. The primacy of consciousness to a comprehensive Grand Theory of Everything is also pointed out.

Author Bio

Kumar S. Sharma, Ph.d., studied physics and mathematics at the graduate level. After graduating from MIT with a Ph.D. in technology management, he was a software entrepreneur and R&D professional for 25 years. He is the recently published author of The Age of Ananda (Para Vidya Publishers, 2011). Excerpts are at www.AgeOfAnanda.net

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 16:02 GMT
Dear Kumar Nochur,

Change of flavour of a neutrino that has non-zero mass as it propagates in neutrino oscillation, is indicative of dynamic transformation of tetrahedral-branes in a continuum of string, expressional in Coherently-cyclic cluster-matter paradigm of universe, in that, reprocessing of information by the observer from the propagating temporal tetrahedral-branes in string, is descriptive.

With best wishes,

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 16:09 GMT
The identity of the above post is me.

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share

Kumar replied on Sep. 17, 2012 @ 01:08 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

Thanks for your post on my essay on the secrets of the neutrino. Can you kindly send me a reference or link to the coherently cyclic matter paradigm so I can learn more about it? Regards,

Kumar

Bookmark and Share

eAmazigh M. HANNOU wrote on Sep. 12, 2012 @ 13:31 GMT
Dear Kumar,

What is information and what is not ?

And what is the medium of this information?

When you write that information cannot be lost,

The body of the child undergoes billions of reactions every fraction of a second,

It is transformed and undergoes changes,

Where is registered all this information not to get lost?

If the information does not get lost, means that the Universe stores somewhere this information. Under what shape it is stored and where can we find it?

http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1552

With best regards

Bookmark and Share

Kumar replied on Sep. 17, 2012 @ 01:24 GMT
Dear Amazigh,

Thanks for your post on my neutrino essay.

Re your question on where is information registered or stored, as per the claim of the essay it is the neutrino itself that is responsible for particle-izing this function of the Unitary Field of Consciousness. Since information cannot be lost or destroyed, it has to reside "somewhere'. That universal repository is the UFC.

Information being lost from material or energetic objects (example: particles or photons being trapped by a black hole) is released in the form of neutrinos escaping from them. If we could "read" the information in a neutrino, we could recover the original signal encoded into it. Even if we cannot, the neutrino contains and carries that information till a recipient object receives all or some of it in an info/energy exchange interaction.

Bookmark and Share

Anthony DiCarlo wrote on Sep. 12, 2012 @ 15:09 GMT
Dear Kumar, (I enjoyed your article and have some comments, questions)

Your attempt to connect conciousness information to the neutrino is bold. What is lacking is the means to test such a theory due to the severe lack of our ability to get information from neutrinos, thus, how reliably can we measure this correlation?

You had stated: "The mind, which is the ultimate container and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Kumar replied on Sep. 17, 2012 @ 01:33 GMT
Dear Tony,

There is much food for thought in your response! I agree with you about the primal role of light in all this.

Let me read your paper before responding to your questions.

Thanks for your thought-provoking comments.

Kumar

Bookmark and Share

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Sep. 19, 2012 @ 12:51 GMT
Dear Kumar,

I quite agree with you in that: < Matter and energy in total can be neither created nor destroyed, but can be converted from one form to another, as also between mass to energy and vice versa.> Matter as a quantity of substance, and energy-momentum, have their own conservation laws. From energy and momentum of particle we find its mass and velocity which are secondary...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Sep. 19, 2012 @ 15:52 GMT
Dear

Very interesting to see your essay.

Perhaps all of us are convinced that: the choice of yourself is right!That of course is reasonable.

So may be we should work together to let's the consider clearly defined for the basis foundations theoretical as the most challenging with intellectual of all of us.

Why we do not try to start with a real challenge is very close and are the focus of interest of the human science: it is a matter of mass and grain Higg boson of the standard model.

Knowledge and belief reasoning of you will to express an opinion on this matter:

You have think that: the Mass is the expression of the impact force to material - so no impact force, we do not feel the Higg boson - similar to the case of no weight outside the Earth's atmosphere.

Does there need to be a particle with mass for everything have volume? If so, then why the mass of everything change when moving from the Earth to the Moon? Higg boson is lighter by the Moon's gravity is weaker than of Earth?

The LHC particle accelerator used to "Smashed" until "Ejected" Higg boson, but why only when the "Smashed" can see it,and when off then not see it ?

Can be "locked" Higg particles? so when "released" if we do not force to it by any the Force, how to know that it is "out" or not?

You are should be boldly to give a definition of weight that you think is right for us to enjoy, or oppose my opinion.

Because in the process of research, the value of "failure" or "success" is the similar with science. The purpose of a correct theory be must is without any a wrong point ?

Glad to see from you comments soon,because still have too many of the same problems.

Regards !

Hải.Caohoàng of THE INCORRECT ASSUMPTIONS AND A CORRECT THEORY

August 23, 2012 - 11:51 GMT on this essay contest.

Bookmark and Share

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 2, 2012 @ 06:32 GMT
After studying about 250 essays in this contest, I realize now, how can I assess the level of each submitted work. Accordingly, I rated some essays, including yours.

Cood luck.

Sergey Fedosin

Bookmark and Share

Kumar replied on Oct. 2, 2012 @ 12:21 GMT
Hello Sergey,

I appreciate your taking the time to read and rate the essays here, including mine. Thanks for your help to get me one step closer to the ten ratings needed to get the The Secret Life and Role of the Neutrino to the next level of review by judges.

If I may ask, what criteria or framework did you arrive at after reading 250 essays? Would be interesting for many of us to know!

Warm regards,

Kumar

Bookmark and Share

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 04:05 GMT
If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings in the contest are calculated in the next way. Suppose your rating is
and
was the quantity of people which gave you ratings. Then you have
of points. After it anyone give you
of points so you have
of points and
is the common quantity of the people which gave you ratings. At the same time you will have
of points. From here, if you want to be R2 > R1 there must be:
or
or
In other words if you want to increase rating of anyone you must give him more points
then the participant`s rating
was at the moment you rated him. From here it is seen that in the contest are special rules for ratings. And from here there are misunderstanding of some participants what is happened with their ratings. Moreover since community ratings are hided some participants do not sure how increase ratings of others and gives them maximum 10 points. But in the case the scale from 1 to 10 of points do not work, and some essays are overestimated and some essays are drop down. In my opinion it is a bad problem with this Contest rating process.

Sergey Fedosin

Bookmark and Share

Jusline Webber wrote on Dec. 12, 2016 @ 15:34 GMT
interesting piece..am glad that came across it..this way wouldn't have to buy essay online on neutrino

Bookmark and Share

Jusline Webber wrote on Dec. 12, 2016 @ 15:36 GMT
interesting piece..am glad that came across it..this way wouldn't have to buy essay online on neutrino

Bookmark and Share

Joe Rubin wrote on Mar. 27, 2018 @ 13:15 GMT
We are presenting all the significant information about V Root apk, vRoot software, vRoot free download, latest vRoot apk download, vRoot for android and vRoot download for your android device.

Bookmark and Share

Joe Rubin wrote on Mar. 27, 2018 @ 13:17 GMT
We are presenting all the significant information about vroot Apk, vRoot software, vRoot free download, latest vRoot apk download, vRoot for android and vRoot download for your android device.

Bookmark and Share

agario games games wrote on Dec. 7, 2018 @ 03:26 GMT
I really wanted to send a small word to say thanks to you for the fantastic points you are writing on this site. i returned to MangaFox

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.