Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Vasily Kletushkin: on 10/10/12 at 14:16pm UTC, wrote Good forum. Abundance of analytical information. Thoughts occur. Even write...

Vasily Kletushkin: on 10/4/12 at 6:06am UTC, wrote Thanks Sergey. I understand that affects the rating. It's not about the...

Sergey Fedosin: on 10/4/12 at 5:49am UTC, wrote If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings...

S Halayka: on 9/16/12 at 18:43pm UTC, wrote Hi Vasily, Did you read Lorraine Ford's essay "The Universe Is Not Like a...

Vasily Kletushkin: on 9/16/12 at 14:12pm UTC, wrote Some misunderstanding happened somehow written anonymous. This is my...

S Halayka: on 9/16/12 at 0:28am UTC, wrote Some Canadians too. ;)

Anonymous: on 9/15/12 at 18:02pm UTC, wrote Exercising create thoughts. After studying mathematics and physics and...

Vasily Kletushkin: on 9/14/12 at 15:50pm UTC, wrote In my opinion, Google correctly translated.

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "'Energy' can be a measurable. Measured or calculated, number value assigned..." in Cosmological Koans

Lorraine Ford: "Georgina, Energy is merely a category of information in the same sense..." in Cosmological Koans

Joe Fisher: "Dear Reality Fans, The real VISIBLE Universe never “started out.”..." in First Things First: The...

isabell ella: "If you are facing Cash app related problems and want to get support..." in Cosmic Dawn, Parallel...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Michael Hussey: "https://www.google.com" in New Nuclear "Magic...

Michael Hussey: "it is really difficult to understand what is all about all the things..." in New Nuclear "Magic...

Stefan Weckbach: "I have a problem with the notion of time in the multiverse scenario that..." in First Things First: The...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

First Things First: The Physics of Causality
Why do we remember the past and not the future? Untangling the connections between cause and effect, choice, and entropy.

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

FQXi FORUM
July 19, 2019

CATEGORY: Questioning the Foundations Essay Contest (2012) [back]
TOPIC: Information-Energy Quantum Balance by Vasily Kletshkin [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Aug. 30, 2012 @ 12:08 GMT
Essay Abstract

do not know English.

Author Bio

do not know English

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

M. V. Vasilyeva wrote on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 19:55 GMT
Hi Vasily!

Your essay is well translated. Who translated it into English for you?

Vy mozhete perevesty:

http://translate.google.com/#auto/ru/

Ya by na vashem meste ispravila "don't speak English" na rezume i vashu biografiu.

Udachi!

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 7, 2012 @ 15:36 GMT
Translation essay is not a machine. I was transferred to the organization, in Kiev, which I found on the internet. Now I write a text in your proposed translator Google. Annotation of the essay and the biography to be dialed on the page to send an essay in English yazye. This translation reserve time was not, was the end of August. You can send up to 31 August. In the browser, you can read the essay annotations and comments. PDF file in the browser is not translated. Is it possible in this PDF file converter drag, now I will know. And out of the interpreter in the comments box, I'll try.

Bookmark and Share

eAmazigh M. HANNOU wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 02:49 GMT
Dear Vasily,

I read carefully your essay, and an additional question taps my mind.

According to you what is the fundamental constituents of the Universe: energy, information, ...

and what information is not?

and what energy is not?

Thank you.

See my essay : http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1552

All the best with your essay!

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 16:54 GMT
Dear Mabrouk, information (structure) and energy-fundametal′nye components in the universe. Metaphysics means that the universe has a scope of abstractions. Idea-abstract object containing a mathematical model. Environment space activates thought in information (structure) and energy. This happens in the universe is moving stuff and energy. Man has a consciousness, which also activates the thought in information and energy. Consciousness-transcendental component.

Translation native. I can see that the translation is not accurate. In the first sentence, after the word Universe is the word-substance. The substance has a structure and energy.

We understand each other. Your esse I read. PDF file in browser or interpreter does not perevedeš′.

Bookmark and Share

eAmazigh M. HANNOU replied on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 21:47 GMT
Dear Vasily,

Thank you for your answer.

And my best wishes!

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 17:06 GMT
It looks like the translation is not correct. Esse have not read. English I don't know. In the browser, and an interpreter is not able to read.

Bookmark and Share

S Halayka wrote on Sep. 14, 2012 @ 03:27 GMT
Hi Vasily,

I liked your essay, and I don't think that you should worry about the translation. I wonder about life and information a lot, and I learned some things from your essay. Thank you. I gave you a good "community rating". Ignore the "public rating" -- it's nonsense.

- Shawn

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 14, 2012 @ 15:33 GMT
Thanks To Shawn. I believe that the United States is interested in metaphysics.

Bookmark and Share

S Halayka replied on Sep. 16, 2012 @ 00:28 GMT
Some Canadians too. ;)

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 14, 2012 @ 15:46 GMT
It was a translation of Bing Translator. Now translate Google Translator. Thank you Shawn. I believe that the United States has an interest in metaphysics.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Sep. 14, 2012 @ 15:50 GMT
In my opinion, Google correctly translated.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Sep. 15, 2012 @ 18:02 GMT
Exercising create thoughts. After studying mathematics and physics and received a metaphysical education, we conclude that there is little in physics mathematics. Mathematics emerged as a method of using the figures and numbers that are used to display quantitative states of matter. Isaac Newton created something new formula. The formulas contain characters displayed qualitative states. F =-F contains the abstract concept of mass. p = mv contains the concept of substantial weight. F = ma contains the concept of mass physical. These formulas are abstract. Abstract quantity can not be, it can be literal. The formula E = mc2 is literal. The formula E = hv abstract. According to the formula

E = mc2 you can make atomic bombs. This formula has no educational value, it is in school textbooks do not need. In the full thermodynamic formula M.Plank in which he found the quantum of action, provided information on the abstract sphere having for awareness and education value, replace with nothing. Physics necessary abstraction.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin replied on Sep. 16, 2012 @ 14:12 GMT
Some misunderstanding happened somehow written anonymous. This is my comment.

Bookmark and Share

S Halayka replied on Sep. 16, 2012 @ 18:43 GMT
Hi Vasily,

Did you read Lorraine Ford's essay "The Universe Is Not Like a Computer"? I think it is related to your comment. Anyway, the essay is fascinating to me.

- Shawn

Bookmark and Share

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 05:49 GMT
If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings in the contest are calculated in the next way. Suppose your rating is
and
was the quantity of people which gave you ratings. Then you have
of points. After it anyone give you
of points so you have
of points and
is the common quantity of the people which gave you ratings. At the same time you will have
of points. From here, if you want to be R2 > R1 there must be:
or
or
In other words if you want to increase rating of anyone you must give him more points
then the participant`s rating
was at the moment you rated him. From here it is seen that in the contest are special rules for ratings. And from here there are misunderstanding of some participants what is happened with their ratings. Moreover since community ratings are hided some participants do not sure how increase ratings of others and gives them maximum 10 points. But in the case the scale from 1 to 10 of points do not work, and some essays are overestimated and some essays are drop down. In my opinion it is a bad problem with this Contest rating process. I hope the FQXI community will change the rating process.

Sergey Fedosin

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 06:06 GMT
Thanks Sergey. I understand that affects the rating. It's not about the number of participants, and the evaluation of the exposed participants. One man put 1 or 8 people put on 1 rating will be 1. This is logical. Additionally, uchstniki may have limited evaluation. Perhaps not everyone is given the right to put 10. Someone can put 3, someone 7, someone 10. I understand.

Bookmark and Share

Author Vasily Kletushkin wrote on Oct. 10, 2012 @ 14:16 GMT
Good forum. Abundance of analytical information. Thoughts occur. Even write a new article.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.