Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discusswinners

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fund.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Steve Dufourny: on 10/12/12 at 14:21pm UTC, wrote Hello Eckard, George, I ask me if it was you George on linkedin who has...

Steve Dufourny: on 10/11/12 at 18:50pm UTC, wrote all false George.You confound the computing 2d and the 3D realism ,...

George Rajna: on 10/6/12 at 14:57pm UTC, wrote They need to judge every essay because you are right about the lopsided...

Anonymous: on 10/6/12 at 13:43pm UTC, wrote EXPERT JUDGES WILL ONLY LOOK AT THE FIRST 35 ESSSAYS ACCORDING TO THE...

George Rajna: on 10/6/12 at 9:06am UTC, wrote In the next phase the expert judges will give the real scientific value of...

Anonymous: on 10/5/12 at 21:51pm UTC, wrote YA GEORGE, I AM SO PERPLEXED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING. SOME COMPETITORS...

Anonymous: on 10/5/12 at 17:31pm UTC, wrote THE COMMUNITY RATING IS THE RATING OF THE COMPETITORS!

Steve Dufourny Jedi: on 10/5/12 at 16:29pm UTC, wrote 1 central sphere.....serie of spherical volumes decreasing....correlation...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Jorma Seppaenen: "Dear Georgina, I think you are perfectly right about the estimate of age..." in Why Time Might Not Be an...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Kuhn, Today’s Closer To Truth Facebook page contained this..." in Can Time Be Saved From...

Georgina Woodward: "Yes. The estimate of age of the visible universe, and age of stars, other..." in Why Time Might Not Be an...

akash hasan: "Some students have an interest in researching and space exploration. I..." in Announcing Physics of the...

Michael Jordan: "Excellent site. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to some..." in Review of "Foundations of...

Anonymous: "Excellent site. Plenty of helpful information here. I am sending it to some..." in Constructing a Theory of...

Robert McEachern: ""all experiments have pointed towards this and there is no way to avoid..." in Review of "Foundations of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Can Time Be Saved From Physics?
Philosophers, physicists and neuroscientists discuss how our sense of time’s flow might arise through our interactions with external stimuli—despite suggestions from Einstein's relativity that our perception of the passage of time is an illusion.

Thermo-Demonics
A devilish new framework of thermodynamics that focuses on how we observe information could help illuminate our understanding of probability and rewrite quantum theory.

Gravity's Residue
An unusual approach to unifying the laws of physics could solve Hawking's black-hole information paradox—and its predicted gravitational "memory effect" could be picked up by LIGO.

Could Mind Forge the Universe?
Objective reality, and the laws of physics themselves, emerge from our observations, according to a new framework that turns what we think of as fundamental on its head.

Dissolving Quantum Paradoxes
The impossibility of building a perfect clock could help explain away microscale weirdness.

FQXi FORUM
May 25, 2019

CATEGORY: Questioning the Foundations Essay Contest (2012) [back]
TOPIC: 3 Dimensional String Theory by George Rajna [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author George Rajna wrote on Aug. 29, 2012 @ 12:39 GMT
Essay Abstract

This paper examines the possibility to origin the spontaneously broken symmetries from the Planck distribution law. In this way we get for example a unification of the strong, electromagnetic and weak interactions from the interference occurrences of oscillators.

Author Bio

M. Sc., Physics at Eötvös Loránd University. The SOA Category Winner of the first Connected Systems Developer Competition of Microsoft in San Francisco 2005 with the Next Generation Court System - achieving also the Best Enterprise Mission Critical System Award FY 2005 of Bill Gates. Artificial Intelligence Researcher participated on the 1st World Computer Chess Championship in Stockholm, 1974. International Master of Chess and was among the Top 100 Players of the World in 1987.

Download Essay PDF File

Bookmark and Share

Joe Fisher wrote on Aug. 30, 2012 @ 14:49 GMT
Dear George Rajna,

One of the drawbacks of being as simple minded as I am is that although I valiantly tried to read your extremely well written essay, I fear I did not quite fully grasp the vital implications of your complex partial theory, and how any subsequent practical application of it might best be broadcast. As far as I can tell, one real Universe can only be having one real appearance in one real here for one real now fully contained in one real dimension once. All real stuff has to always stay in one real dimension. I have tried my best to concentrate on where abstract stuff could be distributed in three abstract dimensions, but it is too difficult a task for my limited mental capability. For instance, it would be handy if all of the heavy abstract stuff remained in abstract dimension A, all the abstract intermediate stuff collected in abstract dimension B, and every bit of the abstract light stuff lingered in abstract dimension C, but my thoughts stray to the old water, electricity and gas lines going into one house without the lines crossing problem.

In my essay Sequence Consequence, I carefully explain why only 1 of anything is real. There have never been identical snowflakes of the trillions that have fallen. One real Universe can only have one real law once. If real natural snowflakes cannot be identical, then every one of the sparks created by CERN has to be unique even if it was fabricated in a $10 billion piece of machinery.

Bookmark and Share
report post as inappropriate

George Rajna replied on Sep. 1, 2012 @ 08:29 GMT
Dear Joe Fisher,

I must agree with you, the time dimension is the most important for us, since we are limited in this dimension for a lifetime. I also do not believe in the extra dimensions, the 3 geometrical dimensions are simply helping us describe the space we are living in. Because of this we cannot see free quarks; they are only helping us understand what happens in the physical world.

Bookmark and Share

Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Aug. 31, 2012 @ 10:13 GMT
Dear George Rajna,

If we define quark-gluon plasma as a soup of strings in a domain, the density gradient of the tetrahedral-branes of strings that converges towards the centre of that domain by the tensor of strings, expresses gravity. Thus the fundamental matter of a domain is an eigen-rotational segment of string at its centre, with a minimal string-length than the other segments in that domain. As the dynamics within a domain continues with its exterior, change of eigen-rotational frequencies within that domain propagates from that domain with a modified wave mechanics in analogy with neutrino oscillation and this may describe black body radiation also. Thus, the coupling of spin-correlated 0-D particles evolve 1-D eigen-rotational strings of 3-D tetrahedral-branes, in that, spontaneous symmetry breaking is expressional with the disjunction of string segments for conjunction with other segments.

With best wishes,

Jayakar

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Aug. 31, 2012 @ 12:09 GMT
Hello George, how are you?

It is intresting all that !

The oscillations seem relevant considering the convergences with my rotating spheres.

ps the chess? You know I am a beginer,I have played on a platform.I liked a lot the parties of 1 min. It was entertaining. I have stopped because I had always the same player, I must admit that he was very good. I have asked who he was, they have said me the Sri cia.It is bizare all that. I ask me if they do not utilize the SOA , services oriented architecture, I am understanding better the strings :)

I beleive that the binar system can optimized and be universally rational. The solution is the entanglement of uniqueness, its number and its finite serie. The oscillations can converge with the rotations spinal and orbital and the volumes of spheres. I ask me if the system of polarization is a binar system or a fusioned system. In all case the density is correlted proportionally. I beleive that the gravitation is explained when we consider a different sense of rot. for light. Of course the system must converge for the 3D. It seems possible.

IN ALL CASE MY QUANTIZATION OF MASS PROPORTIONAL WITH ROTATIONS is relevant when we converge with the 2D strings !

In the reality, so the universal sphere, the mass is quantized by these rotations and polarizations m/hv. The virtuality can compute without the mass.So the simulations can converge. I beleive strongly that the serie of uniqueness is universal at all 3d scales. This serie is important for the universal quantization of this mass inside a closed evolutive system, the sphere. The central spheres also are essential.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Angel Garcés Doz wrote on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 17:12 GMT
As its result, very basically correct, it can be shown that an accurate result, the proton electron mass ratio, calculable by several alternative methods equivalents, is a function of the two-dimensional holography seven dimensions.

More precisely, the space-time-mass has holographic features in two dimensions.

The space-time-mass is a two-dimensional holography, whose strings, which...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 17:55 GMT
the dimensions are all in 3D.

The ultim fractal is a system in 3D at all scales. The volumes permist to class the ste^ps of stabilities. So the convergences in 2d can be made.But the fractal is always in 3D for the respect of our proportions with heat and thermo.And for the respect of proprotions due to rotations spinal and orbital. The volumes are essential. The fractal of these volumes is...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

Angel Garcés Doz replied on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 23:26 GMT
Dear Dufourny: effectively spacetime-mass, also has fractal characteristics.

The fractality implies symmetry (same configuration), by changing the scale.

Eleven dimensions are needed, like it or not.

Precisely the integer part of the inverse fine structure constant to zero momentum, is a direct function of the possible states of polarization of the photon in 7, 3, and zero-dimensional (time = 0, "static point", ct = x4 = 0 )

The fractal dimension of four dimensions, plays a decisive role in determining the fractional part of the inverse of the fine structure constant (zero momentum)

And like it or not, appear again the extra dimensions, namely the seven non factorizable dimension, nor in Gauus integers, so that quantum entanglement can not "break". This last fact directly implies quark confinement.

137, being a prime number, is factorizable in spherical coordinates (2d holography), for the Gaussian integers, with a real part and a complex or compacted:

Fibonacci numbers, plays a role.

The first six Fibonacci numbers, the number of divisors of nonzero roots of E8 group, (240), are essential:

[equation]8\rightarrow SU(8)\:;\: SU(8)\neq SU(a)\times SU(b)\:;\;(a,b)

Bookmark and Share

Angel Garcés Doz replied on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 23:36 GMT

The fractal dimension 4d:

Like it or not, eleven dimensions are necessary.

Dear Dufourny, thanks very much

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 7, 2012 @ 00:17 GMT
It is not extradimensions, its just fractal of a 3D.

Like it or not, it is like that. The M Theory is interesting,but it is just projective geomatrical algebras where the vectors are always 3 for our pure realistic universe.

Ask to Mr Witten ,Joy and Lisi. :)

In fact, you know what? I think that Mr Witten fears for his theory :) You know me I have unified the 4 forces and...

view entire post

Bookmark and Share

M. V. Vasilyeva wrote on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 08:59 GMT
WoW! Submitted on Aug 29 and already (80 ratings)!!! I wish I had so many friends and relatives interested in 3D strings. Way to go George!

I guess congrats on your next award are in order :)

Bookmark and Share

Pentcho Valev replied on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 10:03 GMT
How do you know the community rating, Ms. Vasilyeva? I thought there is no access to this information.

Pentcho Valev pvalev@yahoo.com

Bookmark and Share

Pentcho Valev replied on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 11:13 GMT
Oops, my question was silly - I did not understand your statement. Sorry.

Best regards, Pentcho

Bookmark and Share

Joseph Maria Hoebe wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 18:01 GMT
Hello George,

I like your way of thinking. Nice short and to the point. Geometrically seen you take only the direction as measureable phenomenon. Then there is no need for a particle while only the value of volume/density/exchange of n measureable forces interworking upon n measurable forces occupying a certain space during a given time defines the working upon and the forming of thereof arising complex forms. By which every limit of a form is a sphere of exchange und by its complexity immeasurable into definite numbers. Only approximation. Uncertainty. Like a beautiful cocktail.

A way to bypass this is partly to read in chapter 4 of my essay in this contest: http://www.fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Hoebe_The_I_as_
ObserverObse_1.pdf

I propose there a certain geometry by which form arises according to specific laws. These forms can only be thus and that. The basic form is 3-simplex. An important law is the law of harmony. Its gives way to beauty and that what fit well.

Taken your idea and mine together one could show the geometrical movement of phenomena all according to their volume/density/exchange of force and as force. These forces will be tetrahedral under pressure or low temperature and bi-tetrahedral when having enough space to expand in and as, and by a high value of exchangeability.

This way dark-matter could be seen as the sphere of exchange und by its complexity immeasurable into definite numbers, and its complexity is then merely the immeasurability of their sphere and size of interaction and its almost nothing-ness in density and every-ness in volume and exchange. Like you can feel yourself, but cannot pinpoint it in a location or now. Only the value of being does.

Interested?

All the best,

Jos Hoebe

Bookmark and Share

Yuri Danoyan wrote on Sep. 18, 2012 @ 02:44 GMT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinski_triangle

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Sep. 18, 2012 @ 03:00 GMT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplex

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny Jedi replied on Oct. 5, 2012 @ 16:29 GMT
1 central sphere.....serie of spherical volumes decreasing....correlation primes.

perfect contact=the lattices disappear....EUREKA !!!

Bookmark and Share

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Sep. 19, 2012 @ 13:36 GMT
Dear

Very interesting to see your essay.

Perhaps all of us are convinced that: the choice of yourself is right!That of course is reasonable.

So may be we should work together to let's the consider clearly defined for the basis foundations theoretical as the most challenging with intellectual of all of us.

Why we do not try to start with a real challenge is very close and are the focus of interest of the human science: it is a matter of mass and grain Higg boson of the standard model.

Knowledge and belief reasoning of you will to express an opinion on this matter:

You have think that: the Mass is the expression of the impact force to material - so no impact force, we do not feel the Higg boson - similar to the case of no weight outside the Earth's atmosphere.

Does there need to be a particle with mass for everything have volume? If so, then why the mass of everything change when moving from the Earth to the Moon? Higg boson is lighter by the Moon's gravity is weaker than of Earth?

The LHC particle accelerator used to "Smashed" until "Ejected" Higg boson, but why only when the "Smashed" can see it,and when off then not see it ?

Can be "locked" Higg particles? so when "released" if we do not force to it by any the Force, how to know that it is "out" or not?

You are should be boldly to give a definition of weight that you think is right for us to enjoy, or oppose my opinion.

Because in the process of research, the value of "failure" or "success" is the similar with science. The purpose of a correct theory be must is without any a wrong point ?

Glad to see from you comments soon,because still have too many of the same problems.

Regard !

Hải.Caohoàng of THE INCORRECT ASSUMPTIONS AND A CORRECT THEORY

August 23, 2012 - 11:51 GMT on this essay contest.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny Jedi replied on Sep. 19, 2012 @ 13:43 GMT
Hello

The higgs are not really intresting because each sphere is unique.So the fractal of bosons is complex considering the volumes of spheres. The higgs in this line of reasoning must insert the fact that the smallest spheres are unique. The volumes of these informations are keys.The mass polarizes this light. The spherical volumes are more complex than these higgs in fact.

ibm.....intersting point of vue isn't it ?VOLUMES OF SPHERES AND ROTATIONS AND UNIVERSAL RELATIVISTIC PROPORTIONS.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Stebe Dufourny Jedi replied on Sep. 19, 2012 @ 13:46 GMT
indeed each planet or moon are unique like the stars also and the BH.....and our central main sphere also..the uniqueness is the answer Mr Witten and friends.

ps eureka :)

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein wrote on Sep. 26, 2012 @ 06:04 GMT
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?

Bookmark and Share

George Rajna replied on Sep. 26, 2012 @ 08:56 GMT
You can read in the essay:

"One of the most obvious asymmetry is the proton – electron mass rate Mp = 1840 Me while they have equal charge. We explain this fact by the strong interaction of the proton, but how remember it his strong interaction ability for example in the H – atom where are only electromagnetic interactions between proton and electron."

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein replied on Sep. 29, 2012 @ 00:45 GMT
What wrong assumptions do you refer to? How do these wrong assumptions relate to 3D string theory?

Since English is not my mother tongue, I do not understand "... , but how remember it his ... ability ...".

Bookmark and Share

George Rajna wrote on Sep. 29, 2012 @ 11:32 GMT
Thanks for the opportunity to make clear this point. Our basic assumption that there is a strong interaction, very different from the electromagnetic, based on the color force. The essay explains that the diffraction patterns of the electromagnetic oscillators can give the base of the strong interactions, where the color is simple the 3 geometric dimensions of the space. The string theory is also based on oscillating things, but needs more than 3 dimensions to explain the physical forces, while my explanation places these things back into the natural 3 dimensional world.

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Oct. 11, 2012 @ 18:50 GMT
all false George.You confound the computing 2d and the 3D realism , furthermore the extradimensions does not exist, it is just a fractal of 3D. see the axiom of dimensions !!! 3 vectors and the scalar Mr Rajna.

The strings are intresting, that is all, the spheres them are better.

The rest is vain after all.

The finite groups are essential.

The spherical Jedi

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein wrote on Oct. 1, 2012 @ 12:00 GMT
You offered a theory instead of answering the topical question; or do you consider string theory a basic assumption on which the current physics with all its enigmas and paradoxes is based?

Doesn't string theory assume a block universe? I am questioning this assumption.

Eckard

Bookmark and Share

George Rajna replied on Oct. 1, 2012 @ 16:03 GMT
I would like to answer your question with another question. Don't you think that the aim of the topical question is to propose some new point of view to improve our understanding of the physical world?

The original idea of the String Theory is that we are very familiar with the electromagnetic oscillations, and the electron – positron annihilation to photons gives a simple example to the energy – matter equivalence of Einstein. My essay shows that the stabile asymmetrical physical configurations can be explained by the electromagnetic oscillations, based on the Planck Distribution Law.

George

Bookmark and Share

Eckard Blumschein replied on Oct. 1, 2012 @ 20:37 GMT
The challenge here is to create new and insightful QUESTIONS or analysis about basic, often tacit, ASSUMPTIONS that can be questioned but often are not.

My answer to your question is no, not as the first step, and for a good reason: More mere speculation added on speculations like string theory will presumably not resolve enigmas and paradoxes that are to be ascribed to unseen flaws possibly affecting our assumptions.

Eckard

Bookmark and Share

Steve Dufourny replied on Oct. 12, 2012 @ 14:21 GMT
Hello Eckard, George,

I ask me if it was you George on linkedin who has hacked my net and now who tries to imply confusions, the usula suspects are bruce Watkins, Patrick Murphy,Shane Steinman,Jonathan,Tom,Brendan,Christi,Joy,Lisi,Florin,.....M
y parano is logic.

The principle of equivalence must respect the pure 3D and the correlated proportions. The rotations are proportional. My equations are relevant considering the polarity of evolution between m and hv. Indeed the fermions polarize the light in a pure general point of vue.The spherical 3D oscillations of synchro and sortings are relevant when we insert furthermore the volumes and the angles of the serie of uniqueness, so the spheres and their finite number. The cosmological correlation can be relevant considering that the number is the same for the fermions and the bosons. More the cosmological number.The gravitation is seen turning in the other sense than ligh , the 4 forces are unified !!! eureka so in all humility. The strings are interesting for the 2d, it can be relevant also for the 3d convergences. But the spheres are better. It is universal these spheres and the universal sphere.

Regards

Bookmark and Share

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 05:59 GMT
If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings in the contest are calculated in the next way. Suppose your rating is
and
was the quantity of people which gave you ratings. Then you have
of points. After it anyone give you
of points so you have
of points and
is the common quantity of the people which gave you ratings. At the same time you will have
of points. From here, if you want to be R2 > R1 there must be:
or
or
In other words if you want to increase rating of anyone you must give him more points
then the participant`s rating
was at the moment you rated him. From here it is seen that in the contest are special rules for ratings. And from here there are misunderstanding of some participants what is happened with their ratings. Moreover since community ratings are hided some participants do not sure how increase ratings of others and gives them maximum 10 points. But in the case the scale from 1 to 10 of points do not work, and some essays are overestimated and some essays are drop down. In my opinion it is a bad problem with this Contest rating process. I hope the FQXI community will change the rating process.

Sergey Fedosin

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Oct. 5, 2012 @ 16:15 GMT
IS IT NOT QUITE AN IRONY THAT THE ESSAY THAT IS UNBEATABLY ESTABLISHED AS NO.1 (WITH 361 RATINGS AND ACVERAGE SCORE 8.7)IN PUBLIC RATINGS IS ALSO THE VERY LAST IN THE COMMUNITY RATINGS?

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Oct. 5, 2012 @ 17:31 GMT
THE COMMUNITY RATING IS THE RATING OF THE COMPETITORS!

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous wrote on Oct. 5, 2012 @ 21:51 GMT
YA GEORGE,

I AM SO PERPLEXED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.

SOME COMPETITORS WRITE GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT OTHERS' ESSAYS AND DO DEALS AND MUTUALLY GET HIGH RATINGS FOR THEMSELVES AND GIVE LOW RATINGS FOR OTHERS' ESSAYS. A VERY LOPSIDED PROCESS.

ON THE OTHER HAND DR. VASILYEVA AND OTHERS THINK YOU HAVE GOT HIGH PUBLIC RATINGS THANKS TO YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIONS.

WHAT IS THIS? IS IT A PROFESSIONALLY ORGANISED COMPETITION OR IS IT A FARCE?

Bookmark and Share

George Rajna replied on Oct. 6, 2012 @ 09:06 GMT
In the next phase the expert judges will give the real scientific value of every essay.

Bookmark and Share

Anonymous replied on Oct. 6, 2012 @ 13:43 GMT
EXPERT JUDGES WILL ONLY LOOK AT THE FIRST 35 ESSSAYS ACCORDING TO THE COMMUNITY RATINGS. PLUS THEY MIGHT PICK UP ONE OR TWO ESSAYS IF THEY FEEL THEY ARE VERY GOOD BUT HAVE BEEN LEFT OUT OF THE FIRST 35.

Bookmark and Share

George Rajna replied on Oct. 6, 2012 @ 14:57 GMT
They need to judge every essay because you are right about the lopsided process of the community rating.

Bookmark and Share

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.