Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Steve Dufourny: on 2/18/17 at 21:33pm UTC, wrote FQXI,MIT,Harvard,princeton,stanford,caltech.....If these universities...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/18/17 at 20:56pm UTC, wrote :) Jonathan It is that also the spherisation LIBERATION OF FUNDS FOR THIS...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/18/17 at 9:32am UTC, wrote The fact that this space disappears due to this serie of spherical volumes...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/18/17 at 8:53am UTC, wrote The lmattices disappear when we consider a serie of spherical volumes from...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/17/17 at 15:47pm UTC, wrote I see very relevant convergences with the spherical volumes of S3 if we...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/17/17 at 10:08am UTC, wrote If the works in geometrical algebras can find several road for this...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/17/17 at 9:51am UTC, wrote Your papper is relevant about maths.The fact to violate c is important.That...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/16/17 at 19:17pm UTC, wrote I say me Jonathan that in fact after our death, our singularities are...

FQXi FORUM
December 13, 2017

ARTICLE: Through a Glass, Darkly [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Member Antony Garrett Lisi wrote on Jan. 17, 2009 @ 21:52 GMT
Cool article. Is there an article out discussing these quark assignments in F4? It's good to see root diagrams being used this way.

report post as inappropriate

Member Tevian Dray wrote on Jan. 18, 2009 @ 18:13 GMT
Our speculative lepton assignments are discussed in hep-th/9910010, but we haven't yet made explicit assignments for quarks. The diagram in the article comes from my student's recent dissertation on the structure of E6, which can be found at arXiv:0711.3447.

Member Antony Garrett Lisi wrote on Jan. 19, 2009 @ 09:26 GMT
Hey, that dissertation is great. I wish I'd seen it before. I especially like the visual method of identifying subalgebras using weight diagrams. I do have a question though: I presume sl(3,O) here is one of the noncompact real forms of E6 -- what's its signature? (Sorry if this is answered in the dissertation and I just haven't gotten to it yet.)

Ray Munroe wrote on Jan. 19, 2009 @ 14:25 GMT
Dear Tevian Dray & Corinne Manogue,

I’m also a fan of Clifford algebras. Quaternions have been related to spacetime and decompose as one SO(4) 6-plet of tensors, two 4-plets (one axial, one polar) of vectors and two singlets (one pseudoscalar, one scalar) of scalars. Octonions are also interesting because they decompose as two SO(5) 10-plets of tensors, two 5-plets of vectors, and two singlets of scalars. Einstein’s field equations of general relativity are 10 independent rank-two tensor equations resembling one of the tensor 10-plets of Octonions. My book addressed some of these ideas. A free partial preview is available at http://www.lulu.com/content/1296633 (it may take a couple of minutes to load). Please see pages 28-30.

What if an 8-dimensional Octonion of hyperspace is combining with a 4-dimensional Quaternion of spacetime to form a 12-dimensional transfinite quasi-exceptional E12 TOE? This Octonion decomposes into 5-plets and 10-plets. Would this 8-dimensional Octonion decompose into a 5-brane, a 2-brane , and a U(1) of gravity? If so, we may have the perfect structure for a 12-dimensional String Theory.

Good luck in your research. I think your ideas are relevant and timely.

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Ray Munroe wrote on Jan. 20, 2009 @ 20:58 GMT
Dear Tevian Dray & Corinne Manogue,

No comment? Are my ramblings unintelligible? Please allow me to start over.

This is a conflict between that which seems most minimal versus that which seems most natural. I’m not sure how Occam’s razor applies here. (I have the identical conflict with Lisi’s E8 TOE.)

You have developed a 10-dimensional theory by combining an 8-dimensional Octonion with 2 dimensions. I suspect that your Octonion decomposes into a 5-brane, a 2-brane and a U(1) of Gravity. Witten anticipates a 5-brane. I think that this 5-brane then decomposes into a 3-brane of Gravity-brane and a 2-brane of Generation-brane. Lisi’s “w” quantum number and boson indicates the need for a Generation-brane.

The next step is to combine this spare Octonion 2-brane and another 2-brane, inflate them, and produce Spacetime. This program should include the Standard Model, but I don’t think it could include any non-minimal Weak models such as Pati-Salam Weak or my Hyperflavor-Weak. To produce a non-minimal Weak model, we should need a Weak-brane with 1 (for Pati-Salam) or 2 (for Hyperflavor) more dimensions. This program has a minimal number of dimensions (10), but we should question the naturalness of inflating two of the eight Octonion dimensions, while the other six dimensions remain small or hidden.

The following scenario seems more natural to me. The Octonion decomposes into a 5-brane that includes the above Gravity-brane and Generation-brane, plus a 2-brane Hyperflavor-Weak-brane, and a U(1) of Gravity. This 8-dimensional Octonion of Hyperspace combines with a 4-dimensional Quaternion of Spacetime. This union may be caused by the mixing of Gravitational and WIMP-Gravitational quantum numbers (see pages 28-30 of my book). The eight Octonion dimensions remain small or hidden – thus obscuring our knowledge of Gravity, Hyperflavor-Weak, and WIMP-Gravity. The four Quaternion dimensions underwent inflation and became Spacetime and the Standard Model of Particle Physics. Now we have more dimensions (12), but don’t have to worry why some Octonion dimensions became large while others remained small.

I realize that the literature uses E12 as an infinite-dimensional Kac-Moody algebra, whereas I use it as the transfinite quasi-exceptional E12 of rank 12 and order 684 (not infinite). I consider the “dimensionality” of this E12 to be 12, not 684 (and not infinite). This algebra has the dual advantage of 1) having a definite structure for particle multiplets and branes, and 2) being closely related to E-Infinity. I know that some Physicists have discarded E-Infinity Theory along with the Physicists who talk about it, but I think that the limit from the Exceptional TOE to E-Infinity is a critical step that will allow the Exceptional TOE to connect theory with reality.

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Member Tevian Dray wrote on Jan. 20, 2009 @ 22:56 GMT
Garrett,

>> I presume sl(3,O) here is one of the noncompact real forms of E6 -- what's its signature?

We regard D5 as so(9,1), the 10-d Lorentz group, but also the symmetry group (preserving the determinant of) 2x2 octonionic Hermitian matrices. Hence, D5=sl(2,O), or more precisely sl(2,O) is a particular real form of D5. The corresponding dererminant-preserving group for 3x3 octonionic Hermitian matrices is sl(3,O), which can be thought of as 3 intertwined copies of sl(2,O) -- dim(sl(2,O)) is 45, but dim(sl(3,O)) is only 78. (Most of the overlap is explained by the triality of so(8).)

Anyway, to answer your question, so(9,1) has 9 boosts, so sl(3,O) has 27, except one is not independent, leaving 26. Thus, sl(3,O) is the real form of E6 having 52 rotations (which precisely generate F4) and 26 boosts, so the signature is 52-26=26; this is sometimes written E6(26).

Tevian

this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

Member Tevian Dray wrote on Jan. 20, 2009 @ 23:07 GMT
In response to Ray Munroe's comments:

Thanks for the kind words about our work. We take the structure of the octonions as fundamental, and are therefore reluctant to combine it with other spaces, even other division algebras such as the quaternions. Our approach does not seem to have much if any freedom of choice; whether this is a bug or a feature remains to be seen. It could be that your comments suggest a way to relate our work to current work in string/brane theory, but that is not a direction we are eager to pursue at this time, as we feel it requires too many choices to be made.

Tevian

this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

Ray Munroe wrote on Jan. 21, 2009 @ 13:12 GMT
Dear Tevian,

I understand your reservations. I've jumped into String Theory at the same time that many are bailing out. You've given me some ideas though. Good luck!

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 26, 2009 @ 13:13 GMT
Hi all ,

Simply ,a string is divisible ,a sphere NO !!!

Kinds Regards

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 27, 2009 @ 12:44 GMT
Hi dear Ray,

You say

;A string is divisible, but a sphere isn't? How about dividing a sphere into fractal "kissing spheres" or an approximate HCP lattice? What about a torus? Can BRST theory collapse any of these shapes (sphere, torus, string) into any others?

Explain in details please ,all must be studied ,mathematic,physic,chemistry,biology,evolution,philosophy...

Regards

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 27, 2009 @ 13:01 GMT
BRST theory without hamiltonian and lagrangian

Poisson structure ....

The quantization algorithm is very intrseting ..

Let's link with spherical comportments .

What do you think dear Ray?

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 2, 2009 @ 19:10 GMT
Dear Steve,

If you read my comments to Tevian last month, you would realize that I'm considering the possibility of an Octonion combining with a Quaternion (some of these ideas were in the book I published last year). Inflation causes the Quaternion to expand into Spacetime, while the Octonion remains a small Hyperspace. BRST Theory causes some of these effective dimensions to collapse from 12 down to 10 or 11, consistent with Manogue and Dray's 10-D model, and consistent with a 10 or 11 dimensional String/ M-Theory.

I expect that the original Octonion and Quaternion probably were close-packing lattices with a near-spherical shape. But what happened after they united with each other, and then collapsed certain dimensions?

Are they close-packing lattices, or spheres, or intertwined tori? How do the Spacetime dimensions connect and communicate with the Hyperspace dimensions?

Yes, I like tori also - In an earlier life (back in the 80's), I studied Fusion Physics and helped design a minor experiment on the Tokamak at the University of Texas.

I know that you like spheres, but spheres are as tricky as the number "infinity" - they are a great mathematical concept and model, but do they really exist? We can divide a sphere into kissing spheres http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissing_number_problem. If we allow smaller (fractal-sized, related to the Fibonacci number) spheres, then we can completly fill our spherical space with an infinite number of smaller spheres of various sizes. Also, it takes an infinite number sequence to represent the number "pi".

Do spheres really exist as fundamental shapes in nature? Certainly, we all enjoy playing sports - many of which are based on "spherical" balls. But the soccer ball isn't a true sphere, it is a Buckeyball. Likewise, the golf ball is not a true sphere - the dimpled surface seems to reduce air resistance. Atoms were once thought to be spherical, but they are composite. Atomic nuclei were once thought to be spherical, but we now know that it is more like the kissing spheres problem and comprised of protons and neutrons. In turn, protons are composed of three quarks and some gluons. We have not yet measured an electron "radius" - if it is a sphere or a point.

As a guitarist, you should appreciate strings...

Dear Tevian and Corrine,

Sorry we hijacked your blog-site. Some of these ideas are relevant to your ideas. Some clearly are not...

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 3, 2009 @ 11:46 GMT
Hello dear Ray,

First of all, thank you for this discussion. It pleases to see so much of open soul. You look for to discover the fundamental secrets of our Universal dynamics, your works certainly are very interesting so as your books .I have to admit that I do not know them, but I see a little more clear with your messages.

But what happened after they united with each...

view entire post

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 3, 2009 @ 14:07 GMT
Dear Steve,

Earlier, you requested some definitions. I have collected many of these definitions off of Wikipedia.com. I suspect that French is your primary language, and English a secondary. I apologize that nearly all of this information is in English (the French content on Wikipedia.com seems more limited). I do not know the present geometry of Spacetime and Hyperspace – which is why I am interested in talking about it. Spherical shapes are preferred by Gravitational and Electrostatic forces that have an inverse-radius-squared dependence, but a “Perfect Sphere” is a mathematical concept, not reality. Our home Earth is an oblate spheroid, not a perfect sphere.

HCP lattice = Hexagonal Close-Packing Lattice (also see FCC lattice – which is what I should have said): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_packing

BRST (Becchi, Rouet, Stora, Tyutin) Theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRST_quantization

Kissing Problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissing_number_problem

Fractal Kissing Problem: see M.S. El Naschie, “Elementary Prerequisites for E-infinity”, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 30 (2006) pp 579-605. Specifically, see Figure 20 on page 600.

Spacetime Torus Topology: http://www.theresonanceproject.org/research.html and download the paper by Nassim Haramein and E. A. Rauscher

Buckeyball = Carbon-60: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuller%C3%A8ne

Now you know why I am confused about the geometry of Spacetime and Hyperspace – Information Overload! Have Fun!

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 3, 2009 @ 14:15 GMT
Dear Steve,

p.s. - A free partial preview of my book is at http://www.lulu.com/browse/preview.php?fCID=1296633

It may take a minute to load. Note that Section 5.5 contains some of my ideas about Octonions and Quaternions.

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 3, 2009 @ 16:10 GMT
Hi,

Interesting .Yes french is my primary language ,that's why there are many errors lol

I speak a litlle English ,a little spanish ,a little Dutch ,not german ,a little italian ,that's all ...oh yes a little latin ,it's for the taxonomy ,I class all things ,impossible to stop .

Well ,your informations are interestings and I read them with a lot of interest.

The problem with some theories is the lake of globality and the lake of relativity and the lake of philosophy .

you say ....but a “Perfect Sphere” is a mathematical concept, not reality. Our home Earth is an oblate spheroid, not a perfect sphere....yes I agree Our Earth is not a perfect sphere ,12250 km and 12750 + -....and of courseHarshness on the surface, but with a temporal relative perception???

The perfect sphere is a mathematical concept ,yes perhaps it could be interesting to insert the time parameter ....

You say Now you know why I am confused about the geometry of Spacetime and Hyperspace – Information Overload! Have Fun!

The truth is everywhere ...in all things ...

Have fun too ,

I am going to learn more about your informations

Regards

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 4, 2009 @ 11:30 GMT
Hi,

You know ,it's new for me ,the quaternion,Octonion,hypercomplex ,it's fantastic ,I like that ,the numbers ,the gold number ,super ,news datas and rational,logic and basic works to me ,I am happy .I like maths and numbers ...The series, the harmonious, the constants, the interpolations.

I am going to learn more about your datas and informations.The works on the complex and imaginary numbers are very interestings, the extrapolations can reach beautiful harmonious musics.Thanks to give me these links .

I have seen yesterday the Fibonacci numbers ....always these interesting links between some numbers ,Pi,Gold number,....I think one thing ,the mathematic infinity concept is different than our physic reality,where motions ,Time ,Space,gravity,masses ,evolution.....buid by polarizations and mathematic codes ,the perception is important and that with relativity .

I am going to learn more about Octonion and quaternions ,thanks

until soonand regards

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 4, 2009 @ 13:06 GMT
Incredible ,I like the extrapolations ,very cool to learn about quat,oct ,sed,numbers ,i,j,k .....there is still a lot of work lol ...

let's do the link between the real Universal Spheroid,and the mathematic world behind ,

as I said you I think there are some physic limits ,

At the beginning I tried to understand the PlanckWall

I think now ,that several walls must be...

view entire post

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 4, 2009 @ 15:01 GMT
Dear Steve,

Welcome to my special form of insanity… But there is a method to my madness.

I am currently reworking an E12 TOE. I started something last year with my book and a couple of publications in Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, but I’m definitely not finished. Yes, the Octonion and Quaternion are important sub-components of E12. A. Garrett Lisi’s E8 TOE is just the...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 5, 2009 @ 11:47 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for the links.I m going to learn more,i will aswer you soon ,it could be interesting to see new rational datas ,LHC ,the Higgs Boson and others particles .

I am going to learn more too about it.

Personnally ,there are so many combinations ,so many strenghts between particles ,so many extrapolations,the collision will give interesting datas,how is the architecture of the LHC ,the magnet system ,....let's imagine the energy of the ultimate particle,the combinations before are so numerous .The supergravity ,there is a paradox between energy and the mass and the interactions ,the energy will increase towards this ultimate particle I think ,but how take the states before ,and what is the foundamental architecture ,it's the same in spherization than an ultimate string ,always this ultimate code implies the rest of comportments .

We are so young ,the human being and its knowledges are so young .Some works are foundamental ,some laws are universal ,constants are everywhere...it's fascinating indeed Our Universe,its secrets and its mathematic extrapolations .The evolution will help for humanity to know more about these universal laws ,in all case all is linked sure and which are the foundamental architectures in the small and big Universe with its interactions laws.

Until soon dear Ray ,I am going to learn more about these links .

Best Regards

Steve

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 5, 2009 @ 13:38 GMT
Dear Steve,

I have studied the LHC and the proposed International Linear Collider (ILC). Hopefully, one or both of these machines will discover the Higgs boson (or light Higgs boson of Supersymmetry). But there are serious questions about Supersymmetry. Although many theorists are comfortable with a Weak-scale Supersymmetry, more theorists are challenging String Theory and Weak-scale Supersymmetry. We absolutely need more data, and a positive or negative confirmation.

Yes, I probably have too many extrapolations. But realize that many of these symmetries are founded on Tetrahedral, Octahedral and Icosahedral symmetries; so they aren't random extrapolations. As a CEO, I am used to developing, forecasting, and implementing the plan. The plan is always flexible, never set in stone, but it is better to have a plan than to fly by the seat of your pants. These extrapolations are my current plan. If I find something incompatible, then I will change it. In fact, I am already changing E12. I know that makes some people nervous. But it is better to admit your mistake, try to correct it, and move on to the next problem.

Have Fun!

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 6, 2009 @ 13:13 GMT
Dear Ray,

I completely agree, the pragmatism in its paroxysm.

The data, always these fundamental datas.

I do not think that you have too much extrapolations, they are the mathematics and their infinties and these works allow interesting applications.

It seems to me that we have some more of discoveries to be made for the quantum level .We encircle the energy potential of particles but our knowledge about the fundamental interactions are still very weak. We have a lack of visual of certainty, I think.

The human race does not master the space and the movement, still our universal evolutionary youth.

It is the same thing with the mathematics, there are some more works and extrapolations......, the human being would evolve faster in optimized synergies, I think that the human current global system is slowed down and works in against universal harmony.

The sharing of ideas and knowledges in the centralization concept can increase the potential of resolution of major problems on Earth .

About LHC ,it's fascinating ,hopefully ,the new datas shall be very innovant .

Let's imagine always the number of combinations with a spheric system ,the supervelocity ,the space time ,the colors code ,the space code ,the time code ,... The rotation can turn in various senses, various orientations, with certain speeds, around itself, around a center ......., I ask this question, how must we do tu unify all systems, how can we anlyse the rotation speed and these multiple states, the speed of light, the gravity, the strong and weak interactions, the electromagnetism, the speed and this mass, the energy,.....micro and macro universal laws .

Personnally ,I don't see an other unification logic,in the small and big Universe , Let's take the walls ,let's see a Black Hole and the spheric form ,let's imagine the same in particles ,micro black Hole ,all these extrapolations and imaginations can be a balance between the mathematic world and the physic world ,these walls of balance .These supervelocity,supergravity ,coded in Space /Time .

This point of vue is important in correlation with the evolution .

Philosophically speaking ,our aim is a big building,a big polarizations of coded elementary particles .A big computer in Harmony ,in optimization concept,improvment ....

I am going to see E 12 TOE ,it's interesting to understand the differents steps between fondamental interactions of el.particles.Could you tell me a visual link , a geometry about E4 E8 E12 ...Could you tell me too ,please ,how many possibilities of E are possible ,are there a maximum number,E16 E20......

Sincerely,

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 6, 2009 @ 13:54 GMT
Hi ,

Still me ,I read the supersymetry and the Icosahedralc system ....thanks ... ,I see the link ,still the number and its architecture,like pi number ,what is the max number before the perfect sphere ,as on 2D ,

It's always the same ,many numbers are possible ,for the link ,I beleive always the same "Our mathematic intrinsic code and the physic polarization in evolution and the limits ,The walls , ,the laws , in all case it's fascinating and the word is weak .

Regards

dear Ray

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 6, 2009 @ 15:54 GMT
Dear Steve,

I agree that data is important. These Supercollider machines are getting more expensive and more difficult to build, and we can think of new ideas faster than we can truly verify anything experimentally. The near future needs to involve more Cosmic Ray Experiments. In the distant future, we may need to use the Universe (such as Black Holes, Pulsars and Magnetars) itself. I think you are asking all of the right questions, and maybe a few I have not thought of. In Section 7.7 of my book, I “defined” E10, E12, E14, and I think the same progression can be applied to any even-ranked quasi-exceptional group, but anything past E8 does not seem to be fundamental. I think the E12 that I defined has sub-components of E8 X H4. Thus, my E12 is not a simple Lie algebra, but the E8 looks like an Octonion, and the H4 might be a Quaternion. This revelation has forced me to reformulate parts of E12 (it is more of a revision than a full over-haul). Unfortunately, I do not yet have a single visualization of E12. I have been analyzing its components. The fact that it easily decomposes into components seems to agree with the brane structure of String/ M-Theory. Refer to ( http://www.bathsheba.com/crystal/e8/ ) for a sculpture of E8.

Have you read Len Malinowski’s works at ( www.leonardmalinowski.com )? He is trying to connect the cosmic scale to the human scale to the quantum scale. If he is correct, it may resurrect great ideas such as Einstein’s Hidden Variables and Dirac’s Large Number. Bell’s Theorem is the primary reason no one talks about hidden variables. But with increasing evidence (Malinowski) and newer speculations regarding Hyperspace (issues being asked by Lisi and I - how many dimensions, what about Clifford bivectors and/or BRST Theory?), it may be relevant to look at Bell’s Theorem and Hidden Variables again.

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 6, 2009 @ 19:08 GMT
Very interesting these new datas,theorems ...these works and hypothesis,thanks .

I saw the EPR ,Bell's T. ,hidden variables ,...

Personnally ,The transfert of informations,the codes ,the limits,the correlations,the links ,the intrications are still misunderstood always our lack of visual ,how is this mathematic world ? and how many kinds of systems ,sure a lot ...

I like the crystal still the spherization ,the spheroidal comportments,the spheric universal laws.It's foundamental ,I saw too Grand Unified Field Theory ,all is linked by the spherization it's sure ,it's time ,this physical constant the link between the universal building but it's an oher question,Time and Space are so difficult to understand with our perseption ,the relativity still , ,.

What do you think about the light velocity ,is that the maximum ,? What do you think about the velocity of an ultimate particle which turns around itself,just at the border between math and physic ?The velocity,the orientation,the color and nature comportment,the direction,I think one thing ,What do you think about the universal center ,are there some links,for exemple about the color ?

Let's imagine the spherization,thus a center (a kind of Big Bang but in spheroidal comportment,a kind of accretions and balance after the begining(13.7BY),thus let's imagine galaxies turns around ,what do you think about the orientation ,the colors ,...are there a link between Yhe big and the small world in correlation with this universal center ,(x,y,z),position,activation concept??,nature of comportments,....it's fascinating these realities.

Here is question ,is it possible to find this center at this time ? Is it the same with the relativity perception,the center is different with past perception and actual researchs about the begining of Universe.

In all case , if a center exists ,many applications and news extrapolations are possible .All has a center...

Sincerelly

Steve

The rotation is different than a linear velocity ?

Sincirelly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 6, 2009 @ 20:24 GMT
Dear Steve,

Does the Universe have a center? This is an interesting question. Einstein once believed in a static infinite Universe. Monseigneur Georges Lamaitre introduced Einstein and Edwin Hubble, and developed Hubble’s law, which says that the Universe is expanding at a roughly linear rate. Decades of theoretical debate and experimental searches finally supported the idea of a Big Bang, whereby the Universe exploded from a “primordial atom” (using Lamaitre’s explanation) about 13 Billion Years ago. There is an interpretation that the fundamental assumptions of Relativity prevent us from defining the center of the Universe.

The relativistic Doppler Effect tells us that receding stars are red-shifted, and approaching stars are blue-shifted. Because the Universe is expanding, the majority of stars are red-shifted. If we could construct vectors (assuming all vectors have the same magnitude, but different directions) defining the expansion, we could (in principle) work backwards and determine the center. However, we have monocular vision from our perspective and cannot reconstruct the entire vectors.

Another possible approach is to determine the “edge” of the Universe. If we could properly define this surface, we may be able to use our knowledge of light and expansion to work backwards to the center. But can we be certain if we have found part of the “edge”, or will relativistic effects bend the light such that we are not looking in the direction we thought we were looking?

My ideas on Variable Coupling Theory might make it easier to find “edge” contours. Clearly, there are problems…

The speed of light is a law that we must work around. Do superluminal tachyons exist? The mathematics of Special Relativity allows them. If our Universe is more than 4-dimensional, we may be able to find multi-dimensional short-cuts that are shorter than the apparent 3-dimensional distance.

All we need are better Theories and better Experiments… (easier said than done).

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 7, 2009 @ 12:08 GMT
Dear Ray ,

Always full of news for me ,thanks.

It's relevant indeed,you say “primordial atom” (using Lamaitre’s explanation)"it's is interesting ,the hypothesis are numerous ,and of course limited in our mind.What is the Big Bang ,a multiplication of ultimate particle ,and in how much time ,a other point of vue is the position ,Let's imagine differents phases ,this geometric building and its rate ,personnaly the expansion is possible but in a spheroidal correlation ,and that in correlation with mass incresing,an other point of vue is the link between Dark E.and Dark matter,let's take still the activation concept after the coord.(0,x,x,z),all is in a logic building with ultimate codes .

You say "Another possible approach is to determine the “edge” of the Universe." It could be fantastic to focus some technologies to find some new discovery about the center and the limits ,but it's so difficult at this time I think ,many parameters must be studied to find the center of our Universe(spheroidal),a centers system ,in fact these centers turn around the center of Universe.

Do superluminal tachyons exist? I didn't know that ,I am going to learn more about that .

About the differents dimensions,it's a question of relativity ,the small and big dimensions are so difficult to analyze.Of course new datas,theories,experiments are essentiels ,I think one thing ,let's imagine in correlation with spherization,the harmony,the synergies,the centralization and these links....our global actual system is not the solution to evolve quickly ,many researchs and programs are not in correlation with our universal harmony,the human could be different in its global dynamic and interactions .

As you say ,easier said than done.....

Thanks ,sincerelly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 7, 2009 @ 13:22 GMT
Dear Ray ,

What do you think about the expansion and Woodard works ,I saw this information on an other thread.

The deceleration ,the acceleration,the gravity .....all these works could be in correlation with my spherization Theory ,I think the expansion is misunderstood,it' s like a local and and instant foto ,....but these extrapolations are very interesting to coordonate datas ,

I see many publications by Mr Woodard ,I am going to read a little .Could you resume me his work in globality .

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 7, 2009 @ 14:10 GMT
Now I see the Works of Mr Ramond,it's interesting all these works .

What do you think about theses works ,Woodard ,Ramond, I see many publications on arxiv ,+-120 doc for Mr Woodard et Mr Ramond,more others ,how many publications in arxiv ?

WOW

in all caze ,I learn a lot here ,thanks FQXi,I try to do some links with the spherization ,there are so much publications on arxiv ,it's difficult to read all lol a selective architecture will be well .

Regards

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 7, 2009 @ 17:05 GMT
Hi dear Ray,

I have seen the work of Mr Ibison,

I think it's very interesting for links too ,

Incredible these works ,it will help me in my correlations ,I think that all researchs focused on spheroidal symmetric comportments shall give best results ...,it s quite fascinating all these researchs.

I am going to read some of them .

Thanks still

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 9, 2009 @ 12:45 GMT
Dear Steve,

I met Prof. Pierre Ramond back in 1995 at a small (statewide) Conference on Supersymmetry at Wakulla Springs, Florida. If I remember correctly, I applied for a post-doc position, and he did not have one.

I gave up my physics teaching position ten years ago to go into business. Regretably, I have not stayed in contact with all of the brilliant theorists at my former institutions (Ibison is in Austin, Texas), or at nearby Universities (the U. of Florida is only a two-hour drive away).

My ideas are different because I developed them in isolation. I now need to catch up on everything I missed in the past decade. Are my ideas relevant? Do they tie into someone else's work? I think they do, and I think I can add to the works of Lisi, Monogue and Dray. My next paper is on an E12 TOE.

March is the end of my company's fiscal year, and I will be busier than usual for the next three weeks. Please allow more time for responses.

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 9, 2009 @ 19:39 GMT
Dear Ray ,

Don't worry ,I understand the economic system I dislike that but I understand your message .

For your idea ,frankly ,It 's your choice .

I wish you results what you hope.But Frankly the other dimension is not necessary,it's the mathematic world and its secrets .Complexity returns to simplicity .

Your ideas indeed are special ,I think the truth is everywhere ,but the isolation is no good ,the individualism too ,the Earth system too

Personally ,skills are important to solve major problems .

It's time to act and centralize interesting skills not for business ,it's totally different .Publications ,pa^pers always the system and its chaotic economy .

This world will change with real applications .

Until soon when you want

sincerelly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 9, 2009 @ 21:15 GMT
Dear Steve,

Are the extra dimensions necessary? According to Lisi, E8 is important. My interpretation is that E8 is 8-dimensional (some call it 248-dimensional). According to Monogue and Dray, an 8-dimensional Octonion immersed in a total of 10 dimensions is important. String Theory generally says that 10 dimensions are important. M-Theory generally says that 11 dimensions are important. Malinowski seems to be working closer to the original 5 dimensions of Kaluza-Klein Theory. My E12 is originally 12-dimensional, but collapses to lower dimensionality. Quite frankly, the limit towards E-infinity implies an infinite number of dimensions, and most of these dimensions would probably have “fractal effects” at best – just like the Fractal Kissing number problem. The question should probably be rephrased “How many (of the infinite number of E-infinity) dimensions are relevant to our spacetime world?”

The E8 and/ or Octonion are relevant to several of these theories, but I feel that “Naturalness” ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalness_(physics) ) considerations demand that these 8 dimensions represent solely Hyperspace and cannot represent both a compact Hyperspace and an inflated Spacetime. If we add the 8 dimensions of Hyperspace that we do not really understand to the 4 dimensions of Spacetime that we largely understand (certainly Quantum and Gravity still hold mysteries that may be concealed by Hyperspace), then that gives 12 dimensions.

As I said earlier, E12 is a semi-simple union of E8 X H4. I understand that you have studied Lisi’s E8, and enjoyed its symmetry. Have you looked up H4 = 120-cell = 600-cell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/120-cell ) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/600-cell ) ? I think those symmetries are also interesting. Individually, E12, E8 and H4 are all approximately spherical prior to collapsed dimensions, broken symmetries, and inflation. What is the present shape of Spacetime? of Hyperspace?

I commend your progress in Physics. As a Biologist, you have learned a significant amount of Physics very quickly. My business is how I earn Money. My Physics is how I keep my brain active, and contribute to the larger World.

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 10, 2009 @ 11:48 GMT
Hello dear Ray

Thanks for your friendship ,you know ,I am very happy to improve my theory here on FQXi ,I learn a lot and it's well as that ,always the rational studied reality.

I understand your researchs and extrapolations about H4 E8 and E12 ,it's very mathematicals ,I insist in one thing ,the infinity is so difficult to encircle ,I think it's important to make some differences between the mathematical infinity without time and the physical universe in building in Time Space dynamics and its limits ,I think that the physical Universe has a begining and that's why an ultim end in the physical reality towards the ultim sphere thus the physical infinity can be stop at this ultim aim but it's different than the mathematical extrapolations .It's important too to understand that the physical end is not really finish ,but this ultim harmony is so difficult to know with its secrets .

In all case the time will help humanity to understand the aim of building .

About fractals ,it's interesting to calculate, extrapolate,improve some datas with this technic .

The strenght fields before this ultimate particles are so secrets at this moment .About kissing spheres ,it's an extrapolation ,but in reality it's different .

I think that it's primordial to link the universal entropy ,the evolution potential,the mathematical world and the phusical world and that with spirituality ,the entropy ,it's that.

I didn't know the Lisi 's Work ,I encircle better now for mathematical extrapolations of dimensions .I think there are many walls of understanding ,but not extra dimensions in the physical Universe .

You say ."I think those symmetries are also interesting. Individually, E12, E8 and H4 are all approximately spherical prior to collapsed dimensions, broken symmetries, and inflation. What is the present shape of Spacetime? of Hyperspace?"

Very interesting because if spheres collapsed ,it's near the math/phys wall(a kind of balance between the 2 worls,like a black hole of balance ) but so still secret,this wall or these walls are in all things and everywhere in the quantum world and the Universal world.

The ultimate symetry in the quantum world is in correlation with spherization and spheric architecture ,like all things ,in the other side ,the ultim symetry will be this universal sphere ,I think all physical extrapolations shall give a global architecture ,the unified link is this spherization,it's sure .If researchs are focused on this reality ,the human evolution will be improved ,accelerated ,harmonized and that in a global point of vue.

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 10, 2009 @ 12:10 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I have learn on arxiv the Lisi's work about the quantum architecture .

I think it's a good begining ,of course it's a begining and so much secrets are still to discover about quantum interactions .There are so much fields and different spherical architectures.

Let's take the globality and the ultim aim ,each particle has its code and its comportment in Time Space building.

Thus let's imagine our actual kwonledge about that and the numbers of fields and interactions .

It could be interesting to link the quantum world and the cosmological spheroidal Universe and that to understand these interactions .If we take the numbers of Galaxies ,and one Universal center ,the relation between them is an spherical correlation ,that's why it's possible to perceive the relative architecture in the quantum world and Universal sphere.

I won't speak about the volume and the de'nsity in this Universal sphere ,it's so secret for me but I think that the mass increase ,several possibilities are logic about the volume and the density ,the contraction could be too a link between Dark E and Dark M ,...

In all case all is linked in the spherization .

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 10, 2009 @ 13:47 GMT
Dear Steve,

You hit on several different ideas in the last two postings.

Regarding “infinity”, this is a mathematical concept, not a physical reality. I think that all “infinities” are actually powers of Dirac’s Large Number ~10^40. A “perfect sphere” contains an infinite number of fractal kissing spheres. The number “pi” is represented by an infinite series. But at some point, I say that “pi”=3.14159265 is good enough for my calculator. At some finite part of the fractal kissing spheres series, we would say that those fractal kissing spheres look enough like a “perfect sphere” that we can truncate the infinite sequence down to a finite one.

Regarding space and time, they are intimately related according to Relativity. How can we talk about “mathematical infinity without time”?

Regarding an end of time, Big Bang theory says that time had a beginning, and quantum mechanics (Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle) implies that time has a quantized nature. Therefore it is logical to assume that time will likewise have an end. It also ties into Malinowski’s scales. Is this end of time caused by the collapse of the oscillating universe that some theories predict? Or will the universe continue to expand until all changes in classical (non-quantum) entropy cease, and classical changes in time can no longer be defined in terms of the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

Regarding field strengths, my Quantum Statistical Grand Unification (QSGUT) fits and predicts these measured quantities.

Regarding entropy, I made some crude approximations in my book, and my entropy calculations yielded a tachyonic “chemical potential”. It would be interesting to pursue this point farther.

Regarding quantum interactions, I see a sequence of GUT theories of ever-increasing complexity: from a Standard Model SU(3)XSU(2)XU(1) to a Georgi-Glashow SU(5) to an Octahedral SU(7)XU(1) to an Icosahedral SU(11) to my latest SU(13). I am still untangling these interactions.

Regarding Dark Energy (DE) and Dark Matter (DM), I demonstrated the relationship between DE, DM, Inflation, and QSGUT in my book.

Do you think that the roughly spherical E8 Hyperspace is separated from the roughly spherical H4 Spacetime by the Planck scale wall, but something like a wormhole connects them?

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 10, 2009 @ 18:11 GMT
Hi dear Ray,

I begin to understand the source about E8 in 1887 and the Lie group ,I see the link now with Lisi works ,I saw too The polytope of Gosset,

I encircle now ,it could be interesting to improve the architecture in 3D and the numerous ,very numerous combinations,rotation,orientation,interactions .It could be interesting too to focus on spherization logic .

My perception don't imagine a kind of vacuum between these 2 extrapolations H4 et E8 ,nevertheless about Walls many steps before are ùore important ,because for me it's an ultim spheric architecture,and walls behind all things

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 10, 2009 @ 18:40 GMT
Sorry a little error on pc ,I didn't finish my post.

I am continuing .

I don't imagine this kind of possibility with a connection behind Pl scale Wall ,it's the impossible secret to discover this mathematic,so complex for us ,in all case it is fascinating .I see personnaly ultimate coded specific spheres and their fields ,sphericals and very complex in their numerous rotations and comportments ,many interactions and unknew fields exist before each particles.

In a spherization point of vue ,I think that the centers are important and that in relativity ,for exemple let's imagine the center of Earth and of the sun ,after our milky way ,and thus the universal center ,codes of centers ,of course fields are differents for these centers, let's imagine now a water drop here on Earth and these particles ,its specific polarisations and its numerous interactions and combinations ,I think walls are everywhere ,an other point of vue is this universal dynamic of building ,if an increase of mass exists ,the biologic rule is important to be in correlation between this increasing,this complexification,this diversity ,let's link all ,many polarizations are on the road and mass increases .The human is a catalyst to harmonize system .Thus how interacts all these particles between all systems and in correlation with all the centers and the numerous spheric fields knew and unknew .

I am going to read a little and I will come contine this thread ,

Until soon dear Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 12, 2009 @ 15:10 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I learn at this moment some works about elementary particles,I see an important thing for me in theses datas .

If we take Fermions (Quarks uctdsb and Leptons ve,vu,vt,e,u,t) after that the interactions and their forces y photons the g gluon the Z bosons and W bosons and the gravitons ,it's towards this ultimate particle that the interactions will be the strongest ,I think...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 12, 2009 @ 15:29 GMT
Dear Ray it could be interesting too to adapt fractal in this spherical logic,

A kind of spherical fractal in correlation with cosmological dynamic and its architecture and that with relativity .

The spherical field too can be in correltion with the fractal spherical field,small spheres inside spheres.... ,there are many possibilities of combinations ,volume ,velocity rotation,relation between fiels and particles .,rotation of particule ,rotation of fields..the orientation too ...so many possibilities ,I think really that spherization unify all systems ..,there is there a difference with the percetion and the future reality ,about still the plan of rotation .

sincerelly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 12, 2009 @ 17:35 GMT
Dear Steve,

Let us consider your Spherization Theory for the purpose of debate.

Certainly, a solar system model is well-understood, and may apply (to varying degrees of truths and falsehoods) to galactic models and non-quantum atomic models (if such even makes sense). Our approximately spherical Sun makes up the majority of the mass in our Solar System, just as the atomic nucleus does an atom, and similar to the black holes at the centers of many galaxies. The planets have sufficient angular momentum that they do not fall directly into the Sun, but follow elliptical (circles or elongated circles) orbits. If we average our snapshot over a one year interval, then the Earth's orbit resembles a slightly stretched torus. Likewise, the electrons have definable angular momentum (and spin), but cannot spiral into the nucleus (an exception is neutron stars and black holes where gravitational attraction exceeds electromagnetic repulsion between electrons and atomic nuclei) because energy states are quantized. Quantum Mechanics does not allow us to define an orbit, but rather a probability cloud. The spiral shape of many galaxies implies that stars also have an angular momentum relative to their centers.

Now our spherical geometry has admitted circles, ellipses, tori, spirals, and clouds. Is one really more important or more fundamental than another?

Fractals are probably relevant. The three dimensional Kissing Number problem has an answer of 12, but there is enough wasted space between spheres that one could almost fit 13. The Fractal Kissing Number problem completly fills the sphere with an infinite series of proportionately smaller spheres. The Kac-Moody version of E12 is infinite-dimensional. Prof. El Naschie's E-infinity is infinite-dimensional. Thus far, we humans have only known four dimensions. Are there an infinite number of dimensions, with ever-decreasing effects on our spacetime world, such that we could approximate the infinite series with a finite, possibly fractal number?

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 12, 2009 @ 18:39 GMT
Dear Ray ,

A big question of philosophy in fact .Always the math infinite and our physical reality ,we can extrapolate many things but the rationality is as that .

We live in a physical sphere in building ,we can see these interactions, the infinite dimensions are extrapolations towards walls knowledges,we can imagine many things at this local interactions,how many tori ,how many steps ,....

A very important point of vue too is this one ,what is our complementarity with these extrapolates dimensions with fractals .I think in this mathematic reality the sphere is non divisible .

If I undestand It's the space between these 12 spheres and the center who interest and that to explain theses spaces or dimensions ,I think personnaly this architecture is possible but Is the space towards in this logic (Universal dimension),that implies a contraction of the Universal sphere for me and all goes to this Harmony ,but I think it's interesting to encircle the globality with smaller spheres ,after smaller spheres ...,If this structure is ultim ,there is indeed 12 little spaces but frankly it's always in the physical reality ,we can extropolate but we shall stay in the real universe and with limits ,and I think that we are so far to this reality,if this architecture is ultim ,that's why in spherization ,our aim will be this kind of geometry ,thus implies a decrease of the Universal sphere volume ,an increase of mass and thus an increase of density ,if this space decrease thus the Dark E and Dark Matter decrease ,thus a possible link between activation concept ,a kind of Ep towards Ec ,perhaps too the universal volume and the increasing of pression too ,in fact all is linked simply .

Let's resume a quantum world in this logic with the link with universal sphere evolution ,in fact the ultim architecture is a kind of geometric code to our Future connected sphere .

It's very interesting all these extrapolations .

I rest persuaded ,it will impossible to know the unknew ,some limits shall stay ,but there are so many things to discover for humans in the quantum world and the cosmological world ,,and that with relativity .

I will continue soon ,

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 12, 2009 @ 19:48 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I think too an other thing in correlation too ,and if the space too increase between fondamentals spheres in the quantum world ,for exemple step one ,different than 12 spheres and the center ,but one big sphere and others not 12 because spheres are smaller than the main sphere .thus ,in this spheric cosmological reality ,the galactic spheres shall be smaller than the universal center

,several step shall be in this logic ,after a time as our cosmological evolution ,in quantum world,the space thus increase towards the complexity ,fascinating .

Thus in resume ,a main sphere(the largest),after smaller ,etc etc...but with an icrease of space between spheres as in cosmology but in a other sens .It's the same with all things ,the relativity always ,the time space always and its limits .

EUREKA lol dear Ray and it's not a joke .You help me to complete my theory quickly ,it's nice .It's very important ,let's imagine an other thing ,why some interspaces in this ultim aim of perfect spherization,perhaps to facilitate some interactions for the motion ,but I agree it's a very far extrapolation in Time .My concusions....the spherization unify all systems .

Until soon dear Ray

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 13, 2009 @ 11:17 GMT
Hi dear Ray,

I encircle now the kissing sphere number and the space between spheres in this architecture ,If I understand the spaces between are a volume to do an other sphere (13),I think personnaly it's different in the physical reality,

These spaces are interestings indeed ,i think personnally it's the ultim balance between space time and matter thus energy .I don't see that like new dimensions but like a balance simply .I repeat one thing about this architecture ,the main sphere is the largest ,thus implies others points of vue about the numbers of Space ,that's why I understand the infinity concept but I insist in one thing ,the time ,the Big Bang begining thus an end ,thus time will stop in this ultim architecture and the ultim connectibility thus the infinity in physical reality will stop too ,the only infinity and secrets and unknew shall stay in this logic of walls between them.

We live in a four dimensions universe and its laws ,our aim is to evolve quickly and learn to explore and harmonize systems around us ,let's be pragmatic ,it's quite difficult on Earth and the check of motion and energy is not our reality .

We must centralize and create adapted technologies to evolve quickly in universality and humanism ,to make of this Earth a perfect balance between AN VEG MIN ...and after that explore and evolve in our space with relativity .

We must check the enegy ,the motion ,the spherization and harmonization,the rotation ,....we must focus on spherization and its correlations to evolve more quickly .

Until soon dear Ray

Steve

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 13, 2009 @ 12:48 GMT
Dear Steve,

Within the framework of your Spherization Theory, we might say that the Octonion (or its lower dimensional remnants) is a very small sphere within the much larger sphere of Spacetime. This is consistent with Theodor Kaluza's original approach. Ninety years ago, Kaluza theorized five dimensions, where every "point" in 4-dimensional Spacetime was a "circle" with radius determined by the Fifth Dimension. In our language of multi-dimensional Octonions and such, this translates to every "point" in 4-dimensional Spacetime is a roughly spherical Octonion remnant, and we have "spheres within spheres". This large number of implied degrees of freedom within the Octonion remnants leads to Len Malinowski's interpretation of Scale Relativity, and allows the interpretation of Hidden Variables.

Within the interpretation of Causal Dynamical Triangulation, we might say we have "lattices within lattices" because E8 is a lattice that is probably closely related to the Octonion. Within the interpretation of String Theory, we might call this "bundles of string within strings".

My E12 TOE Theory is not married to String Theory, but is potentially compatible with all of the aforementioned ideas.

I hope I have helped you with your Spherization Theory. Your education is in several sciences, including Biology. How does Spherization Theory relate to the double helix?

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 13, 2009 @ 14:00 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I saw just some min ago some informations about lie groups ,

I understand better too the Kac-Moody version of E12 with infinite-dimensional ,the lie algebras are news for me but I begin to encircle the nomenclature ,E6 E7....ok ,I encicle all these links ,but I think some things can complete these groups ,inside sphere volume 1 smaller spheres volume 2 inside ....as in cosmology thus the architecture can complete the E8 with simpy smaller spheres volumes (a correlation with fields is possible) ,let's imagine the combinations .

An other thing I have seen is the Poincarre conjecture and the proposed solution by Perelman ,it's so interesting ,if we resume this conjecture ,the sphere is the only tridimensional closed space without holes .

I like this conclusion .

In fact the hypersphere is a sphere where n=2 and is the maximum but why n=7 is the maximum in surf.and lim n to infinite of volume is 0.Always the walls ,the mathematic and these secrets ,like pi ,like so many numbers.It's fascinating this logic .The Time Space and its laws ,its limits ,its aim .

Dear Ray could you explain me what is a soliton ,and the link with chaos ,why fractals are chaotics .Are there a link with string theory ,why fractals are linked with chaos and solitons .Personnally ,the chaos is a human invention and dedicated to be harmonized to be in correlation with foundamental laws .I think chaos returns very quickly towards harmony and balance .Furthermore I don't see in the quantum world ,a chaotic system ,really ,all is linked and in harmony .On Earth many things are sad and not universal ,but youngs too and thus since a very short time period ,If we extrapolate fractals ,kissings spheres ...chaos ,all these interpretations are imaginary and and thus implies an interpretation of a kind of moment foto of an architecture without time where things are architectured with a very complexity ,more over this perception can have others parameters and thus a geometric architecture more complex still.....I see fractals ,chaos like that .

Our foundamentals are in majority ,I d say more ,the foundamentals =100%.

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 13, 2009 @ 15:22 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I answer you about the double helix ,ADN is fascinating and the link with spherization as a specific building in Time Space .

If we take the evolution since the fist cells in the hydrosphere,we are beautiful polarizations indeed with a specific code in our adn ,let's take cytosin and guanine in same proportion and for adenin/tymin ,we can see specials buildings with HCNO...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 13, 2009 @ 18:58 GMT
Dear Ray ,

When I classed all things ,I saw many fantastic dynamics and these polarizations . .

Let's take auxins,gibberelins,kinins...these polarizations and systems are incredible ,the induction ,the perception in correlation with stimuli .

I practice gardening since many years ans I tested a lot of plants with these acids ,more the checking os some parameters as...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 14, 2009 @ 12:20 GMT
Dear Ray ,

These last days, I imagine a lot the quantum and cosmological structure, and the link of the centres .If we consider the quantum structure in correlation with the future structure of our Universe, several hypotheses are possible according to the placement and to the remaining space .I consider here the spheres in optimum contact and minimum space .Let's agree that the central sphere is a kind of incompressible liquid .Thus in resume one big sphere ,after smaller spheres (galaxies number ,several hypothesis are possible,groups of galaxies for exemple...),

and we continue with number of stars around each spheres (gala) and ....that implies a specific architecture .

Now let's imagine the time ,perhaps the interactions architectures are in direct correlation ,thus the placement is important and the contraction ,in fact our universal past ,present ,future architecture with time Space is the quantum architecture .We can extrapolate with that other ideas.

until soon

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 14, 2009 @ 13:10 GMT
Dear Ray ,

About strings ,I begin to encircle this theory ,

If I understand well ,strings should be inside sphères with a kind of specific code in music and its waves ,if we imagine these strings closed as a circle many vibrations are possible indeed ,but I could say too for exemple that inside spheres ,there is a kind of liquid in vibration too and many codes and thus many comportments ,let's imagine with the correlation cosmo/quant what I explained before on the last thread ,and the main sphere with numbers of smaller spheres ,let's imagine the codes .

One thing is sure ,these secrets are far of us and the walls are there ,the limit perception walls ,

If I understand well ,the M theory is a link between all strings theory,where strings are the ultim code of particles.But frankly there are still walls after .

Let's imagine lie group and closed strings in E8 lol ,I understand now .

Personnally ,the ultim architecture is as I said before ,what is the secret inside spheres ,it's the wall I think ,nevertheless ,many steps before are possible to know for us ,with weak interactions and others particles ...We can't see at this moment the reality of ultim quantum world but we can extrapolate in spherization logic the differents linked laws(cosm/quant).

About strings still ,I d say it's a beatiful imaginative extrapolation ,as many hypothesis .For exemple I could say ,the membrans of spheres are in vibration with a musical coded incompressible liquid ,it's the same kind of extrapolation than M Theory I think .

The most important is to utilize and harmnize physical perceptible systems in correlation with universal laws .

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 14, 2009 @ 14:05 GMT
I think an other thing ,

let's imagine this ultim structure ,a main sphere with billions billions smaller spheres ,let's imagine the number of combinations for the codes .

Furthermore ,let's imagine what a liquid can adapt many comportments and thus several spheroids forms with its rotations....the color ,the stability,the structure,the orientation,so many parameters...and so spiritual in the same time. .It s there what space is important for the different kind of motions and comportments ,the main code inside the main sphere implying billions specific spheroids and rules.

each small spheres with billions billions too of comportments in correlation cosmol/quant ...and after different architecture ,the weak interactions and the building.

Let's imagine now the number of interactions and fields ,in all case with this structure ,a main sphere is the main code .

More over the numbers of galaxies can help to know the volume of main coded ultim particles ,thus the volume of central Universal sphere ,it's the same logic with galaxy centers and the numbers of stars ,thus the numbers of smalls spheres on each billions billions spheres ,let's imagine this structure.

That's why I insist on the importance of centers ,the main codes are there in all things ,About the information and the stimuli ,the quantum world in this architecture has so many combinatins in correlation with the important numbers of galaxies .I don't take here the numbers of groups or super groups of galaxies,but it's possible ....Let's take thus the numbers of informations in correlation with this number but it's an other story .

sincerelly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 15, 2009 @ 10:49 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I think a lot about the photon and the wave particle duality ,It's fascinating in fact all this system around us .

It is little as if the light was a constant harmonious note managing the musical measure, this light begins of centres ....

Let us imagine the center of our Universe and its code, the light is diffused by the center towards the centres, furthermore it leaves quantum centres also.

This wave and its frequency regulate if I may say .I am always asked me the underlying signification of the equation E=mc ²,

I think that Einstein had understood that everything possessed the same fundamental maximum energy quantity and that the light was a kind of chief orchestra.

I think that this equation is magnificent when we understand its spiritual link.Personnally, I think that the energy is everywhere in maximum quantity with its limits, thus everything is bound with a mathematical entropy behind walls.In fact if we resume this reality we could say E=m constante.This logic is interesting ,because our real human possibility is so young ,and time space and the spherization building are important too .The energy will increase towards the quantum limits and towards the finished Universal sphere .In fact we must accept these limits at this time and work with perceptible and check realities.

We know our potential but we act differently.

Energy is mass,how check this energy ,with consciensciousness,there is so much energy in all things in maximum quantity .

Friendly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 16, 2009 @ 22:02 GMT
Dear Steve,

I apologize for falling behind in the correspondence. You have covered a lot of interesting material. I do not claim to be an expert at all of it.

Regarding the hypersphere of unit radius, it has a maximum surface area in 5 dimensions A=2(pi)^(D/2)r^(D-1)/GAMMA(D/2), and a maximum volume in 7 dimensions, V=2(pi)^(D/2)r^D/D/GAMMA(D/2).

Your comparisons between the galactic and the atomic sound similar to Len Malinowski. Have you contacted him at leonardmalinowski@hotmail.com ?

You mentioned the wave-particle duality of light and matter. I wonder if the universal foundation has a string-sphere duality. Spheres of similar density, but different radii would have different fundamental frequencies – your orchestra.

When I interpret my E12 TOE within the framework of String/ M-theory, I have more vibrating membranes than strings.

Your Friend, Ray

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 17, 2009 @ 13:21 GMT
Dear Steve,

Back to the orchestra idea. Western music theory is based on 12 notes, each adjacent frequency separated by a ratio of 2^(1/12)=1.059463. Harmony is based on Thirds (a major third is 4 notes up (1.059)^4=1.498) and Fifths (a fifth is 7 notes up (1.059)^7=1.260). The fifth is close to 3/2's and the golden ratio 1.618. A third plus an octave is close to 5/2's and the golden ratio squared 2.618.

Chaos is non-linear dynamics. As such, some solutions are simple because they are determined by boundary conditions and have attractor solutions, but most solutions are difficult (try to predict the weather more than a week out). El Naschie and his followers have welcomed me and my unusual ideas, but I often feel that they are pulling numbers "out of thin air". However, if the universal foundation (such as fractal kissing spheres) relects these same numbers (such as the golden ratio, and its square and inverse), then these answers were predetermined by boundary conditions set by the universal foundation, and are fully integrated into even the "thin air".

My skeptical scientific nature is uncomfortable with some of El Naschie's works, but I try to keep an open mind because some chaotic solutions may actually be that simple.

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 19, 2009 @ 12:50 GMT
Hello dear Ray,

Thanks for informations about Hypersphere.I am going to learn more .

I saw on the site , the model of Mr Malinowski,I am going to learn more too about fractals and scale ,thanks for his mail .It's nice .

Personnally about fractals ,I see only spherical fractals ,always in correlation with cosmo/quant.

I don’t imagine chaos ,it’s very difficult for me...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 19, 2009 @ 13:08 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I realize one thing after so many threads ,sorry I didn't understand the real translation of kissing fractals numbersLOL ...really let's admit there is similar letters in this word ,

I realize only now the true translation of the word Kissing, You know Ray, I confused to kiss and to kill, I thought that this notion said that a sphere could be broken In fact I didn't understand why this pont of vue because a sphere is not divible,

saddened for the confusion .I encircle better now the real translation of fractals kissing spheres.Oh my God My poor English and my confusions.

I think there is an ultim spherical fractal architecture with its numbers and its space between ;different volumes ....

sincerelly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 19, 2009 @ 13:59 GMT
Dear Ray ,

I understand now the real translation of Lattice kissing numbers, ,it's interesting ,If I link with the point of vue what I said before ,the space will decrease with a specific spherical (maximum contact)architecture and all its spheres with different volumes.In this logic ,the lattices shall be differents.It exists some numbers interesting I think between 1 for central universal sphere.....after for exemple x for supergroups of galaxies ,y for groups of galaxies,z for number of galaxies ,stars a ,planets ....there is an interesting perception ,the number of planets around a star ,the plan too (a question is is this plan will stay as that .... ,this number is small .Thus the system between 1..x..y..z..a....for exemple 12 or 8 or 21...thus between 1 and (planet number)In fact It's a specific serie with specific numbers..I admit it will be difficult to add ,multiplicate correctly ,each galaxy has its number ,stars too ,etc etc...but an approximation is possible I think.....more some correlation with biology ,biophysic,evolution...spherization always .

I think if we take some approximations ,a model can be computed in correlation with these numbers ,I think it's foundamental .What is the results of this multiplication and the ratios between some others numbers quant/cosm,,very intersting I think.

The constants are everywhere.The whole is to find the foundamental dynamic .

Until soon

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 19, 2009 @ 19:37 GMT
Dear Steve,

You must think I am truly a “Mad Scientist” talking about KILLING poor, little, innocent spheres. We Americans naturally associate the words “French” and “Kissing”, but you are a Belgian living in Paris.

I think you have been talking about Fractal Kissing Spheres. The center sphere is largest, the second set of spheres is smaller, the third set of spheres is smaller still (to occupy some of the voids between the first sphere and the second set of spheres), and so on, to an infinite series that reproduces a larger, single sphere. I think these numbers of proportionality are related to the golden mean and Fibonacci’s series (see M.S. El Naschie, “Elementary Prerequisites for E-infinity”, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 30 (2006) pp 579-605. Specifically, see Figure 20 on page 600). Thus, we divide one large sphere into an infinite number of smaller Fractal Kissing Spheres.

Chaos is non-linear dynamics. Most chaotic problems are very difficult to solve. Some chaotic problems have simple solutions imposed on them by boundary conditions, this is a soliton.

If your “Universal Foundation” is a series of Fractal Kissing Spheres, then this harmonic orchestra caused by spheres of different, but related sizes, is part of our boundary conditions. Perhaps there is a reason that rectangles related by the golden mean appear aesthetic to us. Perhaps there is a reason why acoustic harmonics are close to the golden mean. With your Biology background, I am certain you could name more occurrences of the golden mean in Nature. IF the golden mean number is incorporated into the Universal Foundation, then it would affect everything, and El Naschie is fully justified in using this “magic” number as much as he does.

Regarding Western Music Theory, middle C has a frequency of 261.6 Hz. Multiply this middle C frequency by about 3/2’s, and we have the one-lined G at 392.0 Hertz (although the one-lined G# at 415.3 Hz is closer to the golden mean ratio of 1.618). Multiply the middle C frequency by about 5/2’s, and we have the two-lined E at 659.3 Hz (although the two-lined F at 698.5 Hz is closer to the golden mean ratio squared of 2.618). The E is the major Third and the G is the Fifth, and thus we have harmony.

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 20, 2009 @ 12:49 GMT
Dear Ray ,

Lol ...I asked me why in fact hihihi,why kissing spheres ,incredible .Sorry still .

I come from Belgium indeed ,in walloon region ,a little town named Saint-Ghislain ,you know just for information,a new data center of google is going to open soon ,here ,just 5 km of my house,I d like collaborate in ecology,energy... with them to coodonate the sciences center(Unified Sphere(Int Hum Sc Cent) . there is too a geothermal system here in Saint-Ghislain ,an incredible potential but our region is politically ??? lol...the sustainable entrepreneurship mind is not our reality here ,unfortunally.

I was in Paris last year ,at this time I am in Belgium ,I have many problems to solve here and my mother needs me,

I am very happy to have knew FQXi and this forum ,I complete my theory quickly ,so many datas ,informations,in 1 month ,you know Ray , with all these ideas on the numbers and the ratios, the harmonious, the numbers, the correlations ...........all this makes to work my neurones and intrigue me lol, and I look for numbers now lol.....

The harmonious series, the constants, the ratios, the numbers, are fascinating indeed.

I am going to learn more about these informations and links (golden ratio,fibonacci ,El Naschjie works ,acoustic,...)

until soon

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 22, 2009 @ 10:39 GMT
Hello dear Ray ,

At this moment ,I think a lot about the correlation between quantum/cosmol and its foundamental spherical architecture .

There is a specific spherical fractal and its numbers correlated implying mass and gravity and comportments .

The system is specific I think .I have some questions in my mind about the volume of spheres ,the main ,smaller 1,smaller 2 ,smaller 3.....and about space between too ,several hypothesis are possible about space between ,the scale is between a maximum contact and ....our actual cosmological sysTem ,it's possible....,the numbers of spheres and their volumes are important ,the is an ultim balance between all these systems ,all thes numbers ,all these spheres and the space time .The volume is important ,in a cosmological or quantum point of vue .

It could be interesting too to do the link between gravity and rotation and codes of centers ....

Until soon ,

friendly

Steve

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 25, 2009 @ 18:50 GMT
Hi dear Ray,

The velocity of rotation is directly linked with mass .

For each speed of rotation it exists a specific mass .About attaction and polarization (+-) it's interesting no?

the sens of rotation and its velocity directly linked to polarisations and building in Time Space...

rotation....mass....gravity....energy.....spherizati
on.The complexity returns to the simplicity .

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 25, 2009 @ 18:58 GMT
Dear Ray

Check the rotation ,it's check the mass ,the gravity thus energy ...it's only simple as that I think but if we study in deeper it's very complex the rotation .But the key is there .

Rotation spherization in Time Space .

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 25, 2009 @ 21:52 GMT
Dear Steve,

I must admit that I am not yet to the point of deriving dynamics. I am still developing parts of this Octonion-Quaternion E12 model, and still convincing myself that an Octonion E8 is insuficient by itself. My next paper will compare and contrast E8, E10 and E12. IF E12 is the proper TOE, then it implies specific fermion, boson, and scalar boson content. I have deduced this content for E12, but have not yet written out its Lagrangian. Parts of that are simple, and parts may be complicated - I can only guess that it would take me a productive year (and another involved paper) to untangle.

Once we have a Lagrangian, we must prove that it reduces to the known forces. THEN (2 or 3 years away?), we can finally feel good about deriving dynamics from it.

I applaude your excitement about your Spherization Theory, and your willingness to jump in full-speed. Perhaps you should see if your theory agrees with General Relativity on certain examples.

I am hoping to have more time soon...

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 25, 2009 @ 22:39 GMT
Dear Ray ,

The problem is that E8 E12 quaternion ...,imaginary.. ,complex,hypercomplex....is infinite thus you are going to have so many superpositions ,...further the mind creativity is infinite thus many extrapolations are possible ,like superluminal,block Universe,multiverses.....really I like these extrapolations ,it's interesting but really it's not foundamental for me ,like strings or others creative mathematical human extrapolations ....I like dream you know dear Ray ,and the word is weak ,but some foundamentals are there .We can't deny this evidence .Let's give a proof against spherization ,I think it's impossible .Really .

It's not a critic ,i like others works but I think Spherization is more foundamental than strings or multiverses or ....The spherization is more complex than you can imagine too .All systems are in correlation with spherization .

It's logic,rational,evident,harmonic,balanced,basic,foundamental.

Friendly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 26, 2009 @ 13:46 GMT
Dear Steve,

As I have defined E12, it has a particle content of 684 degrees of freedom. If Supersymmetry is true, then we must double that number. This is a large number of degrees of freedom, but symmetries demand certain patterns. I might not ever understand everything that this theory predicts - for instance, it predicts "scalar fermions". And although some theorists have proposed such things, I cannot quite imagine it. Maybe I am "wasting" productive years on this "crazy" idea, but the symmetries appeal to me, and inspire me. Lisi's E8 is interesting, but I am convinced it is wrong. It greatly disturbs me that he includes bosons and third-generation fermions in the same sub-group. E12 is large enough to contain all of these theories: 11-dimensional M-theory, 10-dimensional Octonion Theory, 8-dimensional E8 Theory, Prime Quaternion Theory, and I am certan the list goes on. My particular E12 only becomes infinite when we take the limit to E-Infinity and include Kaluza-Klein particles.

Your Spherization Theory is very interesting. I am not married to String Theory. Considering the wave-particle duality of matter, I would not be surprised if the "Universal Foundation" has a string-sphere (or lattice) dual nature as well. All of these lattices (such as the self-dual E8) have dual lattices that represent their Brilloin zones.

You should research Fractal Kissing Spheres. I think that is the fundamental mechanism behind Spherization Theory. Consider the importance of Kissing Spheres: the 240 roots of E8 are also the number of 7-dimensional kissing spheres in the 8-dimensional space.

Perhaps you could find some examples to support your theory, similar to Len Malinowski's approach to Scale Relativity.

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 26, 2009 @ 20:22 GMT
Dear Ray,

I have met here on FQXi ,very very creative minds ,the world needs these extrapolations and that to catalyze the research of truth .A mind which searches is a mind which catalyzes and thus increases the speed of evolution .

I am very happy to see this kind of ideas like yours ,E12 ,the work of Georgina ,Amrit ,Mr Barbour ,Mr Malinowski,and others .It's a real pleasure to read these works ,these concepts ,these ideas .The creativity is so important .

All these extrapolations and discussions are essentials to explore,to discover ,to experiment ,to proof ,to search ....

It's fascinating our Universe and its secrets around us ,in us .

YOU SAY

"E12 is large enough to contain all of these theories: 11-dimensional M-theory, 10-dimensional Octonion Theory, 8-dimensional E8 Theory, Prime Quaternion Theory, and I am certan the list goes on."

I understand ,it's your scale in fact .Yes indeed in this logic the list goes on ...many superimposings ,so many ...

Your perception of a scale is interesting ,the research of truth always near our walls ,our limits .It could be interesting to improve the architecture of these two scale of limits with a spherical superimposing in correlation with the scale what I said before about quat/cosmol numbers and spheres of different volumes.I think with a specific logic spherical architecture superimposing ,we are going to have interestings datas.

YOU SAY

"I think that is the fundamental mechanism behind Spherization Theory. Consider the importance of Kissing Spheres: the 240 roots of E8 are also the number of 7-dimensional kissing spheres in the 8-dimensional space."

Yes indeed a specific spherical fractal ,but complex ,very more complex than this one I think .

It's the space between sphere which are secrets for me ,because it's difficult to imagine the balance between all these spheres and furthermore ,so far of us this ultim spherical architecture.

But we can create a scale ,an approximation .This system will help in all centers of interest I think .All can be studied with a classing ,a good taxonomy of spheres with many parameters .

YOU SAY

"Perhaps you could find some examples to support your theory, similar to Len Malinowski's approach to Scale Relativity."

I suppose some links are possible like with others works I think ,the complementarity is universal and foundamental .Fortunally lol...

Until soon dear friend Ray

sincerely

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 26, 2009 @ 21:17 GMT
Dear Steve,

I think it would be wonderful if a 12-dimensional E12 could unify the unusual collection of interesting new (and old) Theories in the same manner that Witten's 11-dimensional M-Theory unified the various 10-dimensional String Theories that preceded it. I am attracted to the beauty of a possible TOE, and simultaneously replulsed by the broken ugliness (but practicality) of the Standard Model.

You say "It's the space between sphere which are secrets for me ,because it's difficult to imagine the balance between all these spheres and furthermore ,so far of us this ultim spherical architecture". With fractal kissing spheres, we start with a large central sphere, surround it by a set of secondary-sized kissing spheres, surround those by a set of tertiary-sized kissing spheres that fill most of the space between the prior spheres, and so on until we create a new, larger sphere out of an infinite collection of fractal kissing spheres. If we push the series to infinity, then there are no "spaces between spheres". Certainly, this would represent a great balance of numbers and geometry. I wonder what these would look like in 4, 8 and 12 dimensions. And this would imply more than 684 degrees of freedom in 12 dimensions because your secondary spheres are smaller than the first. Would such a study of multi-dimensional fractal kissing spheres reinforce El Naschie's use of special numbers?

Your ideas are interesting, and perhaps parallel to mine, but I am currently committed to pushing E12 to the next level. Fractal kissing spheres are a side interest.

Have Fun!

Sincerely, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 26, 2009 @ 22:10 GMT
Dear Ray ,

Yes of course but it's not what I said .

In fact the numbers of spheres is not the problem ,you are going to understand .

the main number is this one: 1 for the main sphere .numbers of glaxies .numbers of stars.numbers of palnets

Thus simply 1 X Gal Num X St Num X Pl numbers and we have the begining with its volumes ...let's imagine all in very stron interactions ,logic because it' near the limit

This number is the base ,the problem is that the space will be in correlation with the ultim cosmological sphere .In one word ,how will be the contact ....the number is not infinite ,this numbers is in correlation with numbers of fields,the numb of rotations ....the mass ...in fact all is linked .But the combinations are so numerous between very stron interactions and very weaks...it's there it's interesting in orrelation with spherization evolution...

An hypothesis what is the correlation between quantum cosmology....the interactions and the numbers ....for exemples if the planets are in correlation with weak interactions .....in fact it's a superimposing of spherical fields between spheres and its dynamic .

The infinite is behind the wall for me thus behid this ultim main sphere with number one like the center of Universe .

It's very important I think this specific multiplication of cosmological systems and the number of this multiplication

1 X x X y X z mainly for the base if we insert the biological life on aire ,on the surface of course this number will be more ...but the base is with spherical cosmological system .

The contact in this vision is less important due to our limits or perception(quant/cosm)we shall increase the space proportionally with the increase of volume (interesting to compute no ? let's imagine with mass and biological evolution....in resume these numbers ...H CNO...amino acids...cells....buildind of spheres ....an intersting quantum cosmological scale I think . ....possibility link with the time constant and the harmonic sequences too .

Thus the spheres fractal must be specific ....if we insert the others laws and foundamentals ,an universal system can be studied deeper .

The Theory of everything ,I think it's all this spherization by small coded spheres .

You know ,it's evident in fact ,there is an thing very interesting with the spherization,the evolution point of vue ,we have so much things still to discover between these two limits quat and cosmo ,so many interactions and fields ,rotations and comportments ...and to build ,to complexificate,to improve,to polarize,to harmonize ,to spherisize towards a beautiful future sphere and its space and its systems in ultim connectibility .Let's imagine our young knowledge ,our young life ...

Until soon Ray

sincerely

Steve

Al

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 27, 2009 @ 13:25 GMT
Dear Steve,

I am also interested in Cosmology - I performed Cosmic Ray research (some of my fellow Professors caled me "Dr. Cosmic Ray") with NASA while I was a Professor, and taught Astronomy at the local Community College for several years after I came back into the business world.

However, your questions sound closer to Len Malinowski's research. If you follow that path much farther, you will intersect with my interests regarding Dirac's Large Number.

If Len's Scale Relativity is correct, then understanding the very small will also help us understand the very large.

Because I am more interested in E12, I am currently focusing on the very small side of things.

We just need to publish our respective theories...

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray Munroe

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 27, 2009 @ 19:42 GMT
Dear Ray ,

Hello Dr Cosmic ,it's me Dr Spheric hihihhi .

I understand the Dirac Large Number ,always our research near limits .

YOU SAY

"If Len's Scale Relativity is correct, then understanding the very small will also help us understand the very large."

The complementarity is essential for me ,I am persuaded that my theory will be completed with good foundamental works.

We can superimpose indeed .......

At this moment I link the small and the cosmol.,of course in spherization between them, there is a lot .I like taxonomy ,spherical taxonomy.It's fascinating when you class all ,you see the spherization everywhere .

Yes of course ,the publication ....you know I forget always to adapt me on the system hihihi lol How can I do ??? hihihi

Friendly

Steve

Anonymous wrote on Mar. 27, 2009 @ 21:16 GMT
Dear Dr. Spheric Steve (LOL),

I am not the expert at publications. When I ran with mainstream Physicists, I was published in Physical Review D. But they were not interested in the ideas in my book - I was probably too radical and they were too polite to say, so I self-published that book after multiple peer review rejections. Last year, I wrote two articles for the Journal of Chaos, Solitons & Fractals (that still have not gone to print - I hear they are months behind with printing these accepted articles). El Naschie seemed to enjoy my ideas, but his influence seems diminished, and my latest paper does not involve any of those three subjects.

I am nearly finished with my current paper. Upon completion, I will probably send it to arXiv.org - they seem open-minded to radical, but consistent, ideas by people with the proper credentials.

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Dr. Cosmic Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 28, 2009 @ 21:59 GMT
Dear dr Cosmic Ray ,

The Dirac Large Number is interesting indeed .

The hypothesis of Dirac towards a quantum gravity theory .

The ratio between the Univers dimension and the strenghts is interesting .

Personnally I see the quantum gravity in correlation with the velocity of rotation .The quantum gravity is an add of spherical fields and spheres in rotation .

The gravity,the mass.....rotation simply.

Of course many unknew are in these limits and many hidden parameters exist of course near this quantum limit .

If we consider the specific fractal what I said before ,we can extrapolate the number of fields and the combinations ,I repeat but the velocity of rotation is proportional to the mass and gravity .

Let's imagine the quantum system with these specific fractal spheres ,this number implies a number of fields and superimposings .In this logic we can link with the mass and these numbers ,an other point is the relation between the force of interactions and the velocity of rotation of the specific sphere.....for exemple a very weak intractions are probably a more weak velocity of rotation .....thus in this logic we can extrapolate with light and the linear velocity ,this photon don't turn around itself eureka that's why it's linear .Thus mass towards centers and thus light towards ....the light hasn't polarity ??? because I think The velocity of rotation implies mass and gravity and the polarity and what the sens of rotation implies + or - .

I think the velocity of rotation around itself is very important .

Until soon Ray

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 28, 2009 @ 22:15 GMT
Dear Ray ,

You know the rotation is fascinating like the gravity .

In this logic all can be explained too like the spherization .Let's imagine the velocity of a sphere around itself ,I think this rotation with quantum codes are important in correlation with centers.

This velocity implies the attraction....and these hidden parameters to spherisize and complexificate systems in Time constant .

The velocity of rotation can have many speeds ,let's imagine a Black Hole ,we admit a supergravity ,in my logic this attraction ,this supermass is a super velocity of a specific quantum spherical system .

Let's take now the Dark Matter ,let's imagine a sphere without velocity of rotation thus any mass and gravity and attraction....thus an explaination ...the spherization and the increase of mass by activation thus acceleration towards constant velocity thus a specific quantum system ,coded since the begining.

In this logic the time activate ultim particle ....perhaps the contraction and the link volume and pression ....in fact all parameters are interesting in this extrapolation.

Until soon dr Cosmic Ray

Steev

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 30, 2009 @ 10:25 GMT
Hi dr Cosmic Ray ,

The velocity of rotation of a sphere is very interesting and that with relativity .

It exists in my theory so many rotations .It s interesting too to extrapolate these velocities and the relation with walls ,Dark Matter ,Black Hole ,and the quantum wall in each ultim particle and its codes of comportments.

If we check the rotation and its velocity thus we check ....I think one thing let's imagine a sphere in a non gravitational system ,if we give an impulsion to rotate ,the system will continue in Time thus a multiplication in time of the impulsion thus the energy .

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 30, 2009 @ 10:58 GMT
Dear Ray ,

All systems in correlation with spherization and rotation shall give best results I think .

I am fascinated by the potential of these systems .

Let's take an add of pulleys .....let's take a mass ,a big mass ....we can make very interesting things with the gravity ,the Ep and E c ......a very interesting point of vue about energy and gravity ,mass ,rotation ,spherization.

Let's imagine the forces ...a weak energy to increase the Ep mgh ..1/2 mv² I like so much this equation...it's interesting if we add others systems like incompressible liquid on ground and turbins.This energy potential ....always everywhere .....

Thus still a check of energy ,gravity ,mass ,rotation....to use in complementarity this energy .

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 30, 2009 @ 13:22 GMT
Dear Dr. Spherical Steve,

I have been thinking more about Fibonacci’s sequence as it relates to fractal kissing spheres. Fibonacci’s sequence is 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,…etc.

Note that the number one is repeated. Upon further consideration, I think that the second set of spheres should be the same size as the central primary sphere. This accounts for the repeated number one, and allows the 240 roots of E8 to be a relevant number (the number of kissing spheres in 8 dimensions). If our second set of spheres was smaller than the primary sphere, then we would have more than 240 roots in 8 dimensions.

The progressively smaller spheres represent more massive particles (Kaluza-Klein Dark Matter candidates) that exist in smaller (non-inflated) Octonion Hyperspace dimensions. Including these smaller spheres into your theory is equivalent to taking the limit as E12 approaches E-Infinity in my theory. To include Supersymmetry, I may have to take the limit as E12 X E12 approaches E-Infinity X E-Infinity.

You are correctly concerned about helicity (such as right or left handed spin for fermions). You may need two sets of fractal kissing spheres rotating in opposite directions to represent helicity. If we double the numbers in Fibonacci’s sequence (for two sets of similar spheres rotating in opposite directions) then we get 0,2,2,6,10,16,26,42,68,…etc. Note that El Naschie makes heavy use of many of these numbers. The only significant difference is that El Naschie considers the number 10 to be an exact number (of String Theory dimensions), and “fractalized” 16 to 16.18, 26 to 26.18, and 42 to 42.36 by multiplying with the golden mean.

If we also consider Supersymmetry, then we may need 4 sets of fractal kissing spheres: the two prior sets plus their supersymmetric partners. Thus a spin ½ electron has a spin zero selectron, and so on. If we multiply Fibonacci’s sequence by four, we get 0,4,4,8,12,20,32,52,84,136,…etc. These fours may represent Quaternions, the eight may represent an Octonion E8, the 12 may represent my E12 TOE, and the 136 may be related to El Naschie’s/ Eddington’s Alpha Bar Theory.

Jason may not realize that your primary language is French, and English is a secondary language for you. He is asking if anyone else is pursuing this Spherization Theory idea. I am unaware, but I am somewhat isolated from most physicists. You may want to ask Dr. Nasr Ahmed at nasr2000@gawab.com if he knows of anyone else pursuing this idea. He recently received his Ph.D. from Newcastle upon Tyne, but may be travelling to Egypt soon. He is interested in extra dimensions and the golden mean.

Ray Munroe wrote on Mar. 30, 2009 @ 15:38 GMT

It is a delicate balance - being original enough that people are interested, and being similar enough to existing science that people do not ignore you as a crazy person. I might be guilty of the latter. At least, I have not yet seen anyone else (other than an occasional El Naschie reference) writing about my ideas. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

And then if you do find that perfect balance, you must worry about someone stealing it for fame or money.

I have my business. I will earn an honest living whether anyone likes my scientific ideas or not. If they like my ideas, they can offer me one of the many awards or prizes that are available in this industry. I am not too busy to fly to a conference to speak and accept an award.

If you are concerned about someone taking your ideas, we can go "underground". We have each other's e-mail addresses.

It is a shame that Science is not always "humanistic". There is too much value in intellectual property.

Have Fun!

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 30, 2009 @ 16:09 GMT
How is my english ,dear Ray ...I am going to improve it .

I d like speak english like in french ,it could be easier to explain my theory and my different points of vue .

Hope it's not catastrophic my poor english .

Languages are not my favorite topic lol

Sorry for that

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 31, 2009 @ 22:26 GMT
Hi dr Cosmic Ray ,

I insist on the velocity of rotation .A simple equivalence m1v1=m2v2=m3v3......masse and velocity of rotation of a sphere around itself .It's a constant .

A other point important is the numbers of Stars in our Universe ,

the spherical fractal of spheres will be in correlation with this numbers of stars ,

A other kind of interesting thing for...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 31, 2009 @ 22:42 GMT
I think an other thing.

This logic implies ....1 the Universal sphere don't turn in the ultim architecture ....logic ..if we admit the mass and the velocity of rotation and the constant ratio between them .....thus it's interesting if we link all I think .

The time line since our perception is important and the foundamental laws and constants too.

The rotation, the spherization and our foundamental small spheres .....all is linked .Thus implies a direct link between mass and time ,the ultim mass in fact linked with the smallest mass of this main sphere what I said before .

In this logic we can class many many things ...

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 1, 2009 @ 02:12 GMT

At a quantum level, quantities such as angular momentum l and intrinsic spin s are quantized. Thus, we might expect m1v1 to equal m2v2 within a factor of order unity.

I imagine that the fractal kissing spheres contain an infinite number of infinitely small spheres. Because I do not believe that the Universe is infinitly large, I do not believe that there are an infinite number of stars. Therefore, we must "cheat" and truncate this series at a very large number, such as a power of Dirac's Large Number, 10^40, or a root of the number of degrees of freedom on a 10-dimensional string-scape, 10^500.

You refer to Dark Energy as spheres without rotation. Interesting... In a prior response, I talked about Supersymmetric fractal spheres. The Supersymmetric partner to a spin 1/2 electron is a "selectron" with zero intrinsic spin. Your sphere without rotation. And the extremely important Higgs particle (the root cause of mass in the Standard Model) has zero intrinsic spin. Furthermore, my E12 predicts "scalar fermions". A fermion should always have an intrinsic spin of 1/2, but these unusual particles would have a left spin projection of zero, and a right spin projection of zero, thus implying zero measurable intrinsic spin. Perhaps the spin occurs in an unseen Hyperspace Octonion dimension?

Please stop apologizing for your English. It is OK. French is a beautiful sounding language at which I am completely illiterate.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 1, 2009 @ 09:39 GMT
Dear Dr Cosmic Ray,

It could be interesting to compute a model with specific numbers and volume of spheres correlated quantum cosmol,

We could extrapolate many many things .

PV....nRT....RT ...Rotation ...mass ....gravity....energy...dark matter....evolution ...polarization.......if we class with the velocity of rotation and the spherical quantum architecture...we can class all ....furthermore if we insert the time spherization evolution and the activation concept ....many datas are possible .

According to my point of vue ,there are two kinds of spheres without rotation ,particle in wait ....and the photon ....thus two limits of linear velocity 0 to c .This point is interesting about the polarity .The light I think begins from the Universal center to centers and finally to the ultim membran or wall in the big cosmological and spherical dimension.

If we consider the velocity of rotation and the mass ....thus a link with gravity and fields....we can link too with the interactions very strong to very weak .

Thus for exemple in a tori of adn ,how interact the very weaks interactions ,the very light particles .In all case the light is a chied orchestra indeed with others foundamentals.

I think several hypothesis are possible about it in this local system.

If the velocity of rotation in a kind of specific harmony ,it's interesting for the polarization and its codes .

until soon

firendly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 1, 2009 @ 12:56 GMT
Dear Dr. Spheric Steve,

We must be careful about our terminology. Intrinsic spin s is always quantized in elementary particles. Angular momentum l1=r1m1v1 is quantized in atomic phenomena, where a "lever arm" r1 can be defined relative to the atomic nucleus. Similarly, a lever arm could be defined in the case of a rotating set of fractal spheres relative to the primary axis of rotation. Linear momentum p1=m1v1 is usually not quantized. However, momentum is quantized in crystalline lattices. I think that E8 is a lattice in the Octonion Hyperspace dimensions. E12 is also a lattice. Thus higher-dimensional components of momentum may be quantized.

Bringing c into the idea is another twist that I need to think more about.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 2, 2009 @ 11:24 GMT
Hi dear Dr Cosmic Ray ,

Yes indeed the terminology and taxonomy is essential to have best foundations .

The foundamental laws are so important to be in the truth .

You know ,At this time I test and experiment my sphere of composting ,the biodynamic of the composting is incredible ,a beautiful exemple of complementarity between micro and macro animals and vegetals .

I think ,it could be very iteresting to add the vegetal totipotence inside this sphere and the mass increase ,if this system and its parameters are check ,many interesting results are on the way .The potential os the nature is incredible .The complementarity always .

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 2, 2009 @ 15:09 GMT
Dr cosmic Ray ,

It's the spring and the nature wakes up .

It's interesting ,I like so much gardening .I see so much correlations in my very small garden (125 m²) but a very interesting ecosystem here in Belgium in this garden .

I have 1700 plants and all in my compost .I have a beatiful collections of fuchsias and acer palmatum(Japanese acer).

I have intrigued by the ratios and some interesting number like pi ,gold number....indeed in the nature ,they exist ...everywhere .....if you combine datas about a flower ....pollen ,etamin ,floral diagram,diameter,petals ,sepals ,h l L ....very interesting these correlations ,incredible the spherization and the ratios ....I like a lot insects ,my favorite is the bee this apis ,hymenoptera,is fantastic in its rule of complementarity .I am going to see some ratios between this insect ,like head,abdomen,thorax...its eyes too...the numbers of vibrations during the fly ....the numbers of eggs ,....many possibilities to explore this world and its universal dynamic.

You know Ray ,it's my aim with the sciences center ,create a beautiful ecosystem around to study deeper .

I have invented some new soil system with an add of some elements like argil ,humus,mineral salts ,oligo elements ,perlite......in fact I have 25 different systems with different proportions of these elements ,there are more than 40 differents elements .The argil and its power of fixation is incredible .

I have tested these powders and soils on different families of vegetals .There too the ratios and proportions are important.Fascinating our world .

Until soon Dr Cosmic Ray

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 6, 2009 @ 12:43 GMT
Dear Dr. Spheric Steve,

You need to publish the idea. Then fair-minded, legitimate scientists will reference your works.

I was blogging with Dr. E, and his theory seems to also predict a hyperspace of kissing spheres.

I will repeat that I think fractal kissing spheres is the concept that connects Exceptional Lie algebras with El Naschie's E-Infinity theory.

Have Fun!

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 6, 2009 @ 14:28 GMT
Dear Spheric Steve,

Do not get too frustrated. You are still relatively young. You have half of your life in front of you - make it your best half! I completed my doctorate at the age of 38 (because I have split my adult life between the Business World and the Physics World).

Is the Center going to be a laboratory or a computer network? If you could find enough grant money, you should be able to establish a computer network. Obviously, a laboratory will be more expensive, but potentially more productive.

It is a shame that Science is not more altruistic. I studied Fusion Physics because I think it will be the solution to our World's energy problems. I am interested in a TOE because I think it could enrich 22nd Century Life in a similar way that applications of Quantum Mechanics have enriched our modern lives. The immediate payout for a TOE is limited to awards (I heard that Lisi recieved $140K, but that is only enough to live off of for a couple of years), not patents worth Billions of Dollars. There is too much value in Intellectual Property (IP). Use your plants to discover a new cancer treatment, and you could fund your Center off of the IP revenues.

Have Fun!

Sincerely, Dr. Cosmic Ray

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 6, 2009 @ 18:03 GMT
Hi dr cosmic Ray ,

Yes indeed ,the research about cancer treatment is interesting ,I lost my father when I was 19 years old due to this desease .

After I have been in the "sleeping state"(coma in french )when I was 20 years old ,it was difficult after for me .

I am interested in cancer research .

I have already searched about this chaotic cell ,this anarchic polarization and its metastasys.

I have look in the vegetal world indeed ,some correlations between this anarchic development.

Why this adn polarize differently .I say me ,that cancer was in our genetic because it's like that ...simply ,but of course we evolve and we can improve our life and improve our health .

The different steps of a cancer can be checked with many parameters .But it's a sad desease indeed .

There is evidently a solution or solutions in our ecosystem and its creations ,sure an addition of systems can solve or improvethe quality of life before the death .The different actuel treatment are interstings.Radiotherapy,chimiotherapy ....but I think that an addition of rational systems can do interesting evolutions in this topic.

If I had some datas about the different kinds of cancer and the different treatment ,I could study deeper the possibilities .I just need a good taxonomy ,some datas about the evolution of cancer cells and a taxonomy of treatments .In the vegetal world ,it exists many kind of cancers ,there are many links indeed .Why these cells change their polarizations in correlation with adn .It implies a specific catalyzer in the amino acids to change this combination ,furthermore after that the metastasys change all cells ....it's there there is a specific polarization ,furthermore this polarization is stable and goes to exponential I think .

The quantum link exists and there too a specific rotation of spheres is a reality .

I think one think ,the fields(quantum) are important and the limits between fields,like some steps of stability in rotation ,it' there that the stability acts ...

I have tested many plants in biologic fight against plant deseases,for exemple in the Urticacea family ,many essential oils and others aromatics are very interesting .In fact all is linked ,the natural resistance and the complementarity with a global ecosystem .

My favorite plant is this one ,but it's a secret dear dr cosmic Ray .The SALVIA OFFICINALIS ,Reign VEGETAL division5 SPERMATOPHYTS sud division ANGIOSPERMAS class DYCOTYLEDONS under class MONOCHLAMYDEAS order URTICALS family URTICACEA kind SALVIA species SALVIA OFFICINALIS ...incredible potential this plant ,antibiotic ,antispasmodic,antiseptic ,bactericid ,fongicid,.....some acids are very interestings in the vegetal world .

If you want some details don't hesitate.

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 18, 2009 @ 06:05 GMT
Hello Dear Dr Cosmic Ray ,

The neutrinos are interestings and the new datas tww ,this lepton fermion oscillates and changes between the v(e)v(u)v(T),thus the mass changes .The correlation with light is very interesting and its velocities .

If we consider the velocity of rotations of spheres in correlation with massz ,those velocities change .

An other interesting point for me is the link with colors .

At these velocities ,the chromodynamics don't appear ,thus is linked too with the velocity of spheres around themselves .

All is linked in this logic .

The very weak interactions have a adaptable comportment.Still the rotation of spheres .

The lack of colors of the neutrino is very prelevant .

Friendly

Steve

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 18, 2009 @ 17:38 GMT
Dear Spherical Steve,

Neutrino oscillations are important. For decades, the Standard Model only addressed left-handed neutrinos. And although it may be possible to include right-handed neutrinos without a complete over-haul of the Standard Model, I think it requires at least a Pati-Salam Minimal Left-Right Symmetric Weak force, and possibly the Hyperflavor-Weak that I have proposed. Either way, there seems to be a higher-rank product of Lie algebras and another broken symmetry. In my analogies, I relate higher-rank with higher dimensionality, and broken symmetries with dimensional collapse.

IF neutrinos have mass, then they can oscillate from one type/ generation (electron neutrino, muon neutrino and tau neutrino) to another. IF left-handed neutrinos have mass, then must travel slower than the speed of light, then we could make a relativistic speed-of-light frame-of-reference change and look backwards at the neutrino and define it right-handed. The neutrino is also important because the width of the Z resonance implies three low-mass types/ generations of neutrinos. IF these neutrinos have mass, then we cannot rule out the possibility of new heavier neutrino types/ generations with masses greater than ½ of the Z mass.

In my book, I proposed Five Generations of fermions and a unification of the CKM quark-mixing and PMNS neutrino-mixing matrices. Following tradition, I proposed the two names: Cabibbo-Kobayashi-Maskawa-Pontecorvo-Maki-Nakagawa-Sakata-Mu
nroe or Hyper-Pontecorvo (his 1959 paper is older than Cabibbo’s 1963 paper, but Cabibbo’s effect may be best-known) mixing matrix. These ideas are not too far-fetched, but I think they belong in an E14 TOE, and not the E12 and E10 TOE’s that I am currently pursuing. As such, I am not actively pushing this idea.

Have Fun!

Your Friend, Ray Munroe (aka Dr. Cosmic Ray)

Ray Munroe wrote on Apr. 20, 2009 @ 00:08 GMT
Dear Spherical Steve,

I overlooked addressing the lack of neutrino color. I think leptons are a color singlet, the "color" white. I mentioned this in my book, but it leads to some interesting results in my upcoming paper. Sorry, I am not ready to reveal that surprise yet.

Your Friend, Ray Munroe (aka Dr. Cosmic Ray)

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 20, 2009 @ 08:30 GMT
Hi Dr Cosmic Ray,

It's very interesting ,"A surprise " ,we wait .

Let's go dear Ray ,my friend ,let's go some details .HIHIHI

In fact Ray ,you extradimensions are some codes to some specificity .

one dimension for color ,one dimension for velocity ,one for ....in this case we rest in a physical world and its universal laws ans constants .Thus your 12 dimensions are inside three ,and the walls and informations are important to encircle this dynamics.

With a specific fractal of different spheres ,these numbers of combinations are interestings ,always in correlation with a quantum cosmological number of spheres .

Friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Apr. 26, 2009 @ 08:22 GMT
Hi Dr Cosmic Ray ,

I think that the velocity of rotation of these spheres are foundamentals .....,the wave ,the mass ,the polarity are specifics like a code....these different velocities imply a comportment ,a specific comportment .The colors too can be in this logic with a specific velocity ,a specific slope, the sense,the direction, the orientation,which implies a specific nature of the elementary particles and its entanglements of spheres in rotation.All these fields in Time Space dynamics and evolution are bound ,linked ,unified by this rotation of spheres I think.Thoses spheres build spheres .

friendly

Steve

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 19, 2012 @ 23:11 GMT
I liked a lot this period when I discussed with my friend Ray.Before my paranoid comportments. My english is not good but at this moment it was still less good.

Steve Dufourny Jedi wrote on Oct. 6, 2012 @ 17:56 GMT
Dr Cosmic Ray was my friend in fact. Fqxi must make several articles about him. He was a nice person in fact.

Zeeya had said that fqxi will post several articles in his honor. I don't see them.

Regards

Steve Dufourny wrote on Oct. 20, 2012 @ 12:44 GMT
why you do not make an article Zeeya ?

He merits it !!!

Regards

Anonymous wrote on Apr. 29, 2016 @ 07:45 GMT
I reread these discussions with my friend Dr Cosmic Ray,Ray Munroe.Sad he is not with us.

Steve Dufourny replied on Apr. 29, 2016 @ 07:47 GMT
It was me.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 14:52 GMT
dr cosmic ray , you are in an other galaxy now but your words are still with us.Peace to your soul.Regards

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 16:15 GMT
dr cosmic ray had an incredible imagination,able to play with maths and physics like a musician play and create musics on piano.He had his frequence, his music, his domains....I liked so much when he was here on fqxi.In your memory Dr cosmic Ray ....nostalgy !

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 17:28 GMT
Thanks Steve,

I miss Ray too, and I agree he had an incredible imagination. Beyond that, his dexterity with turning abstract concepts into Math was sometimes truly astounding. He smiles on us still, and shines brightly, from the other side.

Have Fun, Dr. Cosmic Ray!

All the Best,

Jonathan

p.s. - I attach a paper we wrote together back in 2011, and I dedicate it to his memory. - jjd

attachments: HiddenD_Munroe-Dickau.pdf

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 18:03 GMT
:) happy to see you again also Jonathan, hope you are well.I agree totally,

Yes indeed his favorite words.

Have fun,aka dr Cosmic Ray :) he is in our memory and in the memory of sciences also.

Thanks for sharing this papper,relevant.

ps it is possible really to create it you know Jonathan this dream like in star trek with objectivity.This world bank and Trump can do it for the well of all.We have this potential to accelerate this industrialisation of our solar system, it is really possible to give water, food,energy,jobs to all.It is possible this USS enterprise the united states of the SPHERE :) It is not an utopy but a moral obligation in fact this libeartion of funds for our solar system and earth.All wins, anybody looses.It is just a logic step of evolution,an obliged responsability of high sphères of power.

Take care and all the best Jonathan.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 08:53 GMT
The lmattices disappear when we consider a serie of spherical volumes from the biggest sphere.See that space disappear.So that implies that only matter an energy exists.Not baryonic and baryonic, the cold and heat simply.Now of course I don't know what is this fractal of uniquenss,the serie is between 1 and x and the volumes spherical follow this law of fractalisation implying this disappearing of lattices spaces.The problem was du to the fact to consider points instead of 3D sphères at my humble opinion.Because this serie of volumes permits to have only matter and energy.1 the biggest central sphere after probably the primes 2 3 ....the padics numbers and convergent morphisms can be found.The aether is really gravitational because you can see that in fact this central BH having created these series of spherical volumes in their finite serie and that these spherons produced are the seppedest and smallest paradoxally considering the spherical volumes !!! This last subtility permits to calaculate the steps of entropy simply in respectin,g the equivalence principle, the newtonian mechanic and the relativity furthermore more and it is the most important this gravity, being also paradoxally the weakest but the strongest due to these quantum BHs and these spherons ,this standard model is encircled by this cold gravity simply.....Wooowww what a big puzzle.Theu turn so they are ....

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 09:32 GMT
The fact that this space disappears due to this serie of spherical volumes from the singularity, quant or cosm furthermore,is important for this gravitational aether.All this reasoning implies that god is near us with this weakest force due to spherons from this cosm center.The other relevance is that this infnity is also in us due to our nuclei and these quantum BHs and the serie also with this central personal singularity for the biological lifes.It is intriguing considering the serie of volumes.I work about these spherical geometrical algebras,I works several words and I try to find the good method.It is like music in fact maths and sciences;I play guitar and piano and when we learn the gamuts and this and that and that you repeat your gamuts and the Hannon method on pinao, that pêrmits after to create your own musics.Now of course it is always a question of harmony and partitioning with respect of foundamentasl.If not we cannot create a music, just a noise lol.Maths and physics are in the same way.The creativity and the harmony being so important.Imagination like said eisntein is more important still than our knowledges.Because we can create and invent .....They turn so they are these 3D sphères Inside the 3D sphere.The music of spherical volumes quietly harmonising this physicality like a calm road towards the truths and truth .....This infinity does not paly at dices;the humans yes, not God :)

Steve Dufourny wrote on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 20:56 GMT
:) Jonathan It is that also the spherisation LIBERATION OF FUNDS FOR THIS SOLAR SYSTEM AND ALL WINS .Mr the president TRUP please save this planet, there you shall mark the story Mr The president because you shall give jobs to all, water,food, energy and hope.

FQXI let's revolutionate this planet ......during that it is still possible.

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 21:33 GMT
FQXI,MIT,Harvard,princeton,stanford,caltech.....If these universities explain to the world bank and to ONU( them shall explain to the 197 governments) that it is an obliged step of evolution and a moral obligation for the well of all without exception.And that all wins.So we can do it.It will boost all,that will catalyse all with harmony.That will solve many chaotical systems.Let's save this planet during that we can still do it.We are at doors of many chaotical exponentials and disorders.It is now you know.Not when it will too late.It will give a real hope for all lifes of this earth.Are we conscious to where we go there ???? In the wall of disasters and sufferings, already that this earth is so sad.Why wait ?all wins

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.