Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

David Pinyana: on 3/22/17 at 12:30pm UTC, wrote Thanks Sir, sure I´ll read your essay...and i´ll give you my opinion. On...

Bayarsaikhan Choisuren: on 3/22/17 at 11:50am UTC, wrote Dear Pinyana, I think that your essay is nice, the Landscapes of the...

Steve Dufourny: on 3/21/17 at 14:41pm UTC, wrote Hi to both of you, Mr Pinyana, I beleive that this dark matter not...

David Pinyana: on 3/20/17 at 21:47pm UTC, wrote I think that you didn´t read deep the article.... and you didn´t...

Joe Fisher: on 3/19/17 at 15:52pm UTC, wrote Dear David Pinyana, Please excuse me for I have no intention of...

David Pinyana: on 3/18/17 at 10:28am UTC, wrote Thanks Satyavarapu Naga , I didn´t know about Universe Dynamic Model, and...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 3/17/17 at 23:57pm UTC, wrote Good essay Pinyana, Nice new concepts for a new Universe Model…. ...

David Pinyana: on 3/17/17 at 21:33pm UTC, wrote OK Brown, thanks for these links..I found these WEBs... they are...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

leonae gonzales: "This seems to be very interesting site. Professionally i am a writer at the..." in Quantum Replicants:...

James Putnam: "Quoting Gary D. Simpson: "If you disapprove of one-bombing and wish to..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

Steven Andresen: "It might be that I have come to know where the hidden variable is, to..." in 80 Years of EPR —...

Lawrence Crowell: "The choice for anonymous commenting is a good idea. A person scoring less..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

dieu le: "The Creation of Momentum From the gigantic Milky Way Galaxy to the..." in Alternative Models of...

dieu le: "What causes Things Move in Universe? Things move when encountering a..." in Alternative Models of...

leonae gonzales: "I would like to prepare a review of this topic with the help of research..." in Quantum Replicants:...

Thewitcher: "Đến với dịch vụ chữ ký số giachukyso.net bạn sẽ được..." in Riding the Rogue Quantum...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

The Spacetime Revolutionary
Carlo Rovelli describes how black holes may transition to "white holes," according to loop quantum gravity, a radical rewrite of fundamental physics.

Riding the Rogue Quantum Waves
Could giant sea swells help explain how the macroscopic world emerges from the quantum microworld? (Image credit: MIT News)

Rescuing Reality
A "retrocausal" rewrite of physics, in which influences from the future can affect the past, could solve some quantum quandaries—saving Einstein's view of reality along the way.

FQXi FORUM
March 23, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: THE SCALE LANDSCAPES OF THE UNIVERSE by David Pinyana [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

This essay's rating: Community = 3.5; Public = 3.7

Author David Pinyana wrote on Mar. 15, 2017 @ 20:16 GMT
Essay Abstract

This article intends to show a new conception of the Universe: The scale/size relativity. This article proposes that the universe is composed of many more scale/size spectra (upper and lower) than the currently recognized limits (possibly over 10 e + 1000 m and below 10 e - 1000 m). And for every level/spectra there would be different physical concepts and laws (emergents), although they could be linked by common underlying laws and concepts. And we (humans) are not in the middle. We are just in a random level within this broad spectrum scale/size. This proposal / approach (if it is true and it can be proved) might be a very important advance in explaining certain physical concepts that are currently not entirely clear (Dark Energy and Matter, Uncertainty Principle, the dual nature of the particles -particle/wave-, etc.). (See Fig. 1). This article also join on the same framework several “state of the art” related theories, proposals and studies that are being considered independently by current physics: Emergence, Fractal, Brane-String, MOND-TeVeS, DSR-CDT, Scale Relativity, Gödel,…

Author Bio

David Piñana born 1958 in Spain and studied Industrial Engineering in the University of ETSEI Barcelona (1983). “The ¨Matryoshka-verses¨: The scale relativity of the Universe” (David Piñana, October 2012).

Download Essay PDF File

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 15, 2017 @ 22:43 GMT
Dear……….

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They...

view entire post

report post as inappropriate

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 15, 2017 @ 22:44 GMT
Dear David Pinyana

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 08:38 GMT
Hello Mr Pinyana,

I loved your scales and rankings,general.

Congratulations.

Regards

Author David Pinyana wrote on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 09:50 GMT
Please try to understand more the concept and you will see that this proposal is as important as it could be 1000 years ago to propose that the Earth is round.

"This proposal could revolutionize the future of Cosmological Physics: Aristotle, Newton, Einstein,…"

It is a journey from the smallest (the dimension of Planck) to the largest (Our Universe boundary). And he also shows, in a clear way, which may be beyond these limits.

The new proposals on Scale Landscape and Scale Relativity raised in this book could be a breakthrough in the current "state of the art" of the cosmology, showing a new outlook for a better understanding of the Universe.

This proposal will change our view about some common concepts (Energy, Matter, Time, Vacuum ...) and also about other “unusual” concepts (Dark Matter and Energy, Quantum Fluctuations, Uncertainty Principle, Wave-Particle Duality,...), based on recent studies and theories (Emergence, Fractal, Scale Relativity, Holography, String-Branes, Quantum Gravity, …).

David Brown wrote on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 13:14 GMT
"Another alternative for Dark Matter could be that for larger scales emerge new forces (interactions) unknown nowadays." Two important questions in the foundations of physics are: What is relativistic MOND? What does MOND mean in terms of the foundations of physics? The empirical successes of MOND suggest that at least 1 of Newton's 3 laws of motions might be wrong. Google "kroupa dark matter", "mcgaugh dark matter", and (for my viewpoint) "dark matter compensation constant". There could be unknown forces that emerge on the cosmological scale and/or at the Planck scale.

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 15:17 GMT
MOND = Modified Newtonian Dynamic, It is a Theory from Milgrom that propose new laws for very small speeds. But only explain Galaxies rotation.

F = m x (a/a0)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modified_Newtonian_dynam
ics

In this article I propose that F = f (Scale)

TeVeS is similar but for larger scales, and can explain galaxies supercluster motions.

But other option that I propose in this article is that, in te same way that Gravity emerge when we joib a lot of Molecules (materia) , it is possible that other forces/interactios emerge when we join a lot of stars or galaxies.

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 19:24 GMT
Brown,

What do you mean by: "kroupa dark matter", "mcgaugh dark matter", and"dark matter compensation constant" ?

Could you show me any article or link ?

Why you only consider dark matter ?.... we never detected dark matter...so it could be or not the solution... so we should think other options and SCALE FACTOR and NEW INTERACTIONS/FORCES could be other options also...

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 21:33 GMT
OK Brown, thanks for these links..I found these WEBs... they are interesting...

But for this FQXI article Dark Matter & MOND are only small samples for SCALE FACTOR to be considered... also DRS, Uncertainty Principle,...and mor General concepts are included in the FRAMEWORK...

If weaccept SPACE SCALES infinites and with diferent laws and concepts, it is like when we accept that the Earth is round, and then we can understand why Moon is turns arround the Earth, and Earth arround the Sun....and we understand eclipses ... etc.

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 23:57 GMT
Good essay Pinyana,

Nice new concepts for a new Universe Model…. “This article intends to show a new Framework of the Universe: The Scale Relativity. This article proposes that the universe is composed of many more scale/size spectra (upper and lower) than the currently recognized limits (possibly over 10 e + 1000 m and below 10 e - 1000 m). And for every level/spectra there would be...

view entire post

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 18, 2017 @ 10:28 GMT
Thanks Satyavarapu Naga , I didn´t know about Universe Dynamic Model, and I´ll have a look to your articles...

Please, let me know if you see links and similirities between your Dynamic theory and the Scale Relativity-Emergent proposal (m-dimension@hotmail.com)

Joe Fisher replied on Mar. 19, 2017 @ 15:52 GMT
Dear David Pinyana,

Please excuse me for I have no intention of disparaging in any way any part of your essay.

I merely wish to point out that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate.

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and perhaps comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 20, 2017 @ 21:47 GMT
I think that you didn´t read deep the article.... and you didn´t understood it.

If you really want to understand you should read if better and ask me this points you don´t like or you don´t agree.... and I will try to clarify it to you.

I couldn´t understand your article... are your surfaces similar to my landscapes ???

Bayarsaikhan Bayarsaikhan Choisuren wrote on Mar. 22, 2017 @ 11:50 GMT
Dear Pinyana,

I think that your essay is nice, the Landscapes of the Universe in your essay is good.

I like this phrase that "Empty" space might just be some kind of unknown "substance", made up of much smaller components, currently unknown (from a much smaller scale), and that still should be determined and discovered. This is what could give the empty space ("vacuum") a fractal (hierarchical) structure.

Empty space is not empty, which filled with some invisible substance.

You would read my essay that “A SPACE-TIME AS A PERFECT FLUID SINK FLOW” when you have a free time.

Ch.Bayarsaikhan

Author David Pinyana replied on Mar. 22, 2017 @ 12:30 GMT
Thanks Sir, sure I´ll read your essay...and i´ll give you my opinion.

On my essay we should understand more the general concept about the Scale Universe... and so we will be able to understand a lot of mysteries we have nowadays (Dark Matter & Energy, Uncertainty principle, vacuum,...).

Better you can read my book "THE FRACTAL RAINBOW" (Mar.2017) you can get in AMAZON (KDP very cheap)

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:

And select the letter between 'B' and 'D':

Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.