Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Claudio Borsello: on 3/21/17 at 20:36pm UTC, wrote Hi Don, thank you for your rating. I've had a look to your essay and...

Don Limuti: on 3/18/17 at 0:14am UTC, wrote Hi Claudio, This is a very clear thought provoking essay. I rate it as one...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 3/16/17 at 12:09pm UTC, wrote Dear Claudio Baldi Borsello, I am sorry for the typing error in your name,...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 3/16/17 at 12:06pm UTC, wrote Dear 8M Borsello, Nice essay, Your ideas and thinking are excellent for...

Claudio Borsello: on 3/15/17 at 0:37am UTC, wrote SIMPLICITY by Joe Fisher I'm sorry I don't find your comment any more,...

Claudio Borsello: on 3/15/17 at 0:28am UTC, wrote Dear David Brown, thank you for your comment. Actually I'm trying to test...

Joe Fisher: on 3/14/17 at 16:31pm UTC, wrote Dear Claudio Baldi Borsello, Please excuse me for I have no intention of...

David Brown: on 3/14/17 at 9:20am UTC, wrote In equation (2) for Gravity, F = G M1 M2 / R^2, note that I have suggested...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

leonae gonzales: "This seems to be very interesting site. Professionally i am a writer at the..." in Quantum Replicants:...

James Putnam: "Quoting Gary D. Simpson: "If you disapprove of one-bombing and wish to..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

Steven Andresen: "It might be that I have come to know where the hidden variable is, to..." in 80 Years of EPR —...

Lawrence Crowell: "The choice for anonymous commenting is a good idea. A person scoring less..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

dieu le: "The Creation of Momentum From the gigantic Milky Way Galaxy to the..." in Alternative Models of...

dieu le: "What causes Things Move in Universe? Things move when encountering a..." in Alternative Models of...

leonae gonzales: "I would like to prepare a review of this topic with the help of research..." in Quantum Replicants:...

Thewitcher: "Đến với dịch vụ chữ ký số giachukyso.net bạn sẽ được..." in Riding the Rogue Quantum...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

The Spacetime Revolutionary
Carlo Rovelli describes how black holes may transition to "white holes," according to loop quantum gravity, a radical rewrite of fundamental physics.

Riding the Rogue Quantum Waves
Could giant sea swells help explain how the macroscopic world emerges from the quantum microworld? (Image credit: MIT News)

Rescuing Reality
A "retrocausal" rewrite of physics, in which influences from the future can affect the past, could solve some quantum quandaries—saving Einstein's view of reality along the way.

FQXi FORUM
March 23, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: A fractal scalar Universe can admit choice, made by a conscious entity without breaking its deterministic, even though quantic, laws by Claudio Baldi Borsello [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

This essay's rating: Community = 4.5; Public = 2.0

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello wrote on Mar. 8, 2017 @ 16:40 GMT
Essay Abstract

The fact that without choice there is no freedom is generally accepted. But how such choice materialize itself in the real world without breaking its laws is not trivial. Trying to give an answer to the question about relationship between causality and teleology, we have “re-built” our physical world using an almost totally deterministic model for. The model is based on a fractal scalar approach, in which matter and fields are expressed in terms of Energy distributions. Then we have identified a possible mechanism allowing such interference between physical and meta-physical worlds. A minimal voltage impulse within a cell in our brains could be sufficient to trigger a complex chain of deterministic electrical-chemical-mechanical processes that achieve the intended action.

Author Bio

Claudio Borsello has a Master Degree in Engineering at Politecnico of Torino-Italy, he is freelance designer of renewable energy systems and passionate of Nature and physics. During its personal researches he developed fractal models applied to self-adjusting organizations and also to energy fluxes. Current projects covers innovative renewable energies and sustainable ways of living. He is proposing a fractal scalar model for universe.

Download Essay PDF File

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Mar. 10, 2017 @ 13:28 GMT
Dear Mr. Borsello

Your essay is not empty talk. It is one of the best.

In my FQXi essay for 2015 year,

http://fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Zivlak_MathStr
ucture.pdf

formulas 25,26 you can find exact paralelism between SI and ELM for elementary charge.

Best regards,

Branko

report post as inappropriate

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello replied on Mar. 10, 2017 @ 17:56 GMT
Dear Branko,

thanks for your appreciation.

I've had a look to your essay for 2015-contest in which the rule of "octave harmonic" (powers of 2) is in line with my personal thinking. Thank you for your suggestion.

On the subject of elementary charge I still have a problem with your (25) and (26) because at the end you have that [kg*m^3*s^-2] is [J*m]. May be I've not quite well understood.

If you take eV as Energy you have (in SI) [A*s][kg*A^-1*m^2*s^-3] that is [kg*m^2*s^-2] and that corresponds to J. So squared charge [C^2] should infact correspond to [J^2*m^-2*s^2] that is in SI [kg^2*m^2*s^-2]. This makes clear the correspondance between Charge and Momentum (m*v).

Probably,in your (25) we should find mass^2 and vel^2 as numerators, or if you have mn^2*c^3 you should have tn/rn as well. This is what I caught, at least.

I hope my work and suggestions could help in your work.

Best regards,

Claudio

PS Don't forget to give your rating

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Mar. 10, 2017 @ 21:10 GMT
Caro sig Borsello

Si può vedere la wikipedia che è [is [ML^3T^-2], https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statcoulomb

È importante che la mia teoria è corretto valore ottenuto per tutte le costanti fisiche. Valutazione per voi 9 dopo i vostri commenti sul mio forum. Cercate di capire la mia teoria e approccio matematico. Il modo migliore è cercare di trovare un errore in matematica così come nel commento del sig Walker. Non sono stato coinvolto in elettrostatica. E 'possibile comprendere molto meglio con il mio approccio e nell'elettrostatica. Spero che tu capisca che in (26) costante 10 ^ 9 risultato strana definizione di Coulomb.

Saluti,

Branko

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello replied on Mar. 12, 2017 @ 13:31 GMT
Dear Branko,

first of all I want to say that your theory is strong and fascinating, and I think that it will lead to interesting insights.

I get your point about StatC, that is expressed in Gaussian units.

In such metric, vacuum permittivity ε0 is included (1/squareroot) in the charge definition. Since SI units for ε0 are [A2*s4*kg-1*m-3], if you divide C[A*s] by the squareroot of such units you get exactly [s-1*kg1/2*m3/2], that is physically coherent with cgs metric.

Best regards,

and thank you for your appreciation,

Claudio

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Mar. 13, 2017 @ 16:26 GMT
Thank you

Claudio

Regards,

Branko

David Brown wrote on Mar. 14, 2017 @ 09:20 GMT
In equation (2) for Gravity, F = G M1 M2 / R^2, note that I have suggested the replacement

F = ( ( 1 – 2 D-M-C-C )^-1 ) G M1 M2 / R^2, where D-M-C-C, the dark-matter-compensation-constant, has the value square-root((60±10)/4) 10^-5 — the Gravity Probe B science team says that my idea has already been refuted — but I suggest that the 4 ultra-precise gyroscopes worked correctly and confirmed what I call the Fernández-Rañada-Milgrom effect.

"Of course freedom, as the possibility of making choices, can be used for making a better world or to destroy it." Freedom for developing science and technology might have the basic effect of speeding up Darwinian evolution — and such speeding up might not be pleasing to human beings.

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello replied on Mar. 15, 2017 @ 00:28 GMT
Dear David Brown,

thank you for your comment. Actually I'm trying to test the validity of my assumption with each known equation, descovering perhaps new correspondences. Your corrective proposition could be as well tested in the Electromagnetical domain just for seeing whether it applies a similar correction to the capacitance law.

I will read your essay and comment.

Best regards,

Claudio

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello wrote on Mar. 15, 2017 @ 00:37 GMT
SIMPLICITY by Joe Fisher

I'm sorry I don't find your comment any more, anyway I want to give you an answer.

I agree with you and with Meister Einstein that we cannot make Nature simpler that it (or Her) is. This is "simply" because we are not allowed to ... say Nature how She should be ...

By opposite our models will be necessarly less accurate that reality and so simplicity is welcome with them.

I will read your essay and comment.

Best regards,

Claudio

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 12:06 GMT
Dear 8M Borsello,

Nice essay,

Your ideas and thinking are excellent for eg… in your conclusion…you said," We can extend the exposed concept using a fractal analogy. So we can say that the chain of our choices, as conscious entities, can be seen as the actuation of a superior decision, and that the whole of decision could be the actualization of an higher aim, no matter if you...

view entire post

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Mar. 16, 2017 @ 12:09 GMT
Dear Claudio Baldi Borsello,

I am sorry for the typing error in your name,

regards

=snp

Don Limuti wrote on Mar. 18, 2017 @ 00:14 GMT
Hi Claudio,

This is a very clear thought provoking essay. I rate it as one of the best.

"This implies that at the very border of the quantic world a single unit cannot be divided, so it must “decide” “where” to go, either one side or the other (I simplify in a mono-dimensional scenario)."

This is getting down to one of the fundamental "funny businesses" at the heart of physics. Is Calculus valid for physics below the wavelength of the particles that make up objects. We could say Newton got away with it, but at Newton's time atoms and QM were unknown (or not accepted).

Check out my website www.digitalwavetheory.com and my essay (shortest in the contest).

Thank you for your essay.

Don Limuti

Author Claudio Baldi Borsello replied on Mar. 21, 2017 @ 20:36 GMT
Hi Don,

thank you for your rating.

I've had a look to your essay and website, I find it great and funny. I hope you can find something worthy to be referenced in my personal works. I will let you know when I will publish other papers.

I would like to highlight the fact that we constantly "force" the result of some stochastic processes in order to materialize the very first impulse for our conscious actions, despite all the consequences are deterministically ruled by physics laws. In particular when we decide to communicate a bit of (real) information.

Best regards,

Claudio B. Borsello

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:

And select the letter between 'C' and 'E':

Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.