Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discuss

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 4/7/17 at 11:02am UTC, wrote Dear Sirs! Physics of Descartes, which existed prior to the physics of...

George Gantz: on 4/4/17 at 18:44pm UTC, wrote PS - I was so sorry you did not continue the monkeys banging on typewriters...

George Gantz: on 4/4/17 at 18:42pm UTC, wrote Michael - I enjoyed your rambling and quite interesting essay. I hope...

Bayarsaikhan Choisuren: on 3/23/17 at 13:36pm UTC, wrote Dear Michael Muteru, In your essay that it is very interesting for me. ...

Héctor Gianni: on 3/11/17 at 23:57pm UTC, wrote Dear Michael Muteru I invite you and every physicist to read my work...

Joe Fisher: on 3/3/17 at 16:55pm UTC, wrote Dear Michael muteru, Please excuse me for I have no intention of...

John Hodge: on 3/2/17 at 1:51am UTC, wrote You might also try https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0603140 Hodge

Steve Dufourny: on 3/1/17 at 22:06pm UTC, wrote Hello Mr Muteru , I liked, thanks for sharing.Relevant general analyse. ...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Joseph Campbell: "American and Chinese astrophysicists have suggested that by studying the..." in Multiversal Journeys'...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Georgina, Reality has got nothing to do with how I try to roughly..." in Quantum Dream Time

Georgina Woodward: "Joe, I think I ought to word my reply my precisely. I saw the product..." in Quantum Dream Time

austin fearnley: "You could investigate using the Rasch Model to grade the entries. There..." in What Is...

Watson waston: "Great and beautiful work is done by. You publish a detailed and informative..." in Kwiat’s Kwest:...

John Cox: "Good to know, Johnathan, thanks. I'm writing that down, hardcopy! Hope you..." in Conjuring a Neutron Star...

Jonathan Dickau: "To John and others lured in by such offers... My dad fell prey to this..." in Conjuring a Neutron Star...

Watson waston: "The information is very good and very useful. I really like it and I am..." in Kwiat’s Kwest:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

FQXi FORUM
November 20, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: EXISTENCE – THE ART OF BEING by Michael muteru [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Michael muteru wrote on Feb. 28, 2017 @ 20:21 GMT
Essay Abstract

How many monkeys endlessly banging on a Typewriter would it take to create a Hamlet? How can order arise from disarray? How do entities in a Brownian type system make sense of their environment, using the Boltzmann paradox? I ponder how determinism may have emerged from chaos and what makes it tick

Author Bio

Michael Muteru is a Theoretical physicist with an immense devotion to decoding natures ultimate secrets.currently working on application of Quantum mechanics to the universe and the human brain.i have a solved m -Theory and have a fractal model here-http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/search?q=michael+muteru&su
bmit.x=0&submit.y=0&sort=rlv&t=doc.I am currently seeking a science writer to help in outreach and doing a book on the universe.feel free to contact me at muteruw05@gmail.com

Download Essay PDF File

Georgina Woodward wrote on Mar. 1, 2017 @ 00:07 GMT
Michael, thanks for a surprising journey through a miscellany of thoughts on various subjects.

There is no predictability, let alone certainty, of the outcome of a butterfly flap in another distant location.

Typo '.. that I hope provides a glimmer of hoe ...

Enjoyable style. Regards Georgina

report post as inappropriate

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote on Mar. 1, 2017 @ 15:58 GMT
hi michael, love the typewriter-banging thing. question for you: "Competition gives rise to aims and intention." ... how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Mar. 1, 2017 @ 19:56 GMT
Dear Mr. Michael Muteru

You say: The Here and Now state of the universe is 2.7 K. Why is it look here: http://vixra.org/abs/1602.0095

Best regards,

Branko Zivlak

John C Hodge replied on Mar. 2, 2017 @ 01:51 GMT
You might also try

https://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0603140

Hodge

Steve Dufourny wrote on Mar. 1, 2017 @ 22:06 GMT
Hello Mr Muteru ,

I liked, thanks for sharing.Relevant general analyse.

good luck and regards.

Joe Fisher wrote on Mar. 3, 2017 @ 16:55 GMT
Dear Michael muteru,

Please excuse me for I have no intention of disparaging in any way any part of your essay.

I merely wish to point out that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate.

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and perhaps comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 11, 2017 @ 23:57 GMT
Dear Michael Muteru

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They usually enjoy this wander of their searches around it.

3) For millenniums this wander has been shared by a lot of creative people around the world.

4) What if suddenly, something considered quasi impossible to be found or discovered such as “Time” definition and experimental meaning confronts them?

5) Their reaction would be like, something unbelievable,… a kind of disappointment, probably interpreted as a loss of wander…..

6) ….worst than that, if we say that what was found or discovered wasn’t a viable theory, but a proved fact.

7) Then it would become offensive to be part of the millenary problem solution, instead of being a reason for happiness and satisfaction.

8) The reader approach to the news would be paradoxically adverse.

9) Instead, I think it should be a nice welcome to discovery, to be received with opened arms and considered to be read with full attention.

11)Time “existence” is exclusive as a “measuring system”, its physical existence can’t be proved by science, as the “time system” is. Experimentally “time” is “movement”, we can prove that, showing that with clocks we measure “constant and uniform” movement and not “the so called Time”.

12)The original “time manuscript” has 23 pages, my manuscript in this contest has only 9 pages.

I share this brief with people interested in “time” and with physicists who have been in sore need of this issue for the last 50 or 60 years.

Héctor

Bayarsaikhan Bayarsaikhan Choisuren wrote on Mar. 23, 2017 @ 13:36 GMT
Dear Michael Muteru,

In your essay that it is very interesting for me.

The blue line between modern science and human religion will blur out, Bridges will come up on the divide. Our thoughts will be eloquently based on nature as template.

For me, I think that something that people cannot understand belongs to God (Religions)

Is that right?

If you have a free time, would you explain me little bit?

Ch.Bayarsaikhan

George Gantz wrote on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 18:42 GMT
Michael - I enjoyed your rambling and quite interesting essay. I hope others give it a more careful read and bring your score up to where it should be! Indeed, this is a participatory contest - just as the universe is a participatory universe. I agree that we humans are in a middle place - knowing, yet ignorant. We have to feel our way.

Regards - George Gantz (The How and The Why of Emergence and Intention)

George Gantz replied on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 18:44 GMT
PS - I was so sorry you did not continue the monkeys banging on typewriters image that you had in your abstract. I made a big deal out of that image!

-George

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Apr. 7, 2017 @ 11:02 GMT
Dear Sirs!

Physics of Descartes, which existed prior to the physics of Newton returned as the New Cartesian Physic and promises to be a theory of everything. To tell you this good news I use «spam».

New Cartesian Physic based on the identity of space and matter. It showed that the formula of mass-energy equivalence comes from the pressure of the Universe, the flow of force which on the corpuscle is equal to the product of Planck's constant to the speed of light.

New Cartesian Physic has great potential for understanding the world. To show it, I ventured to give "materialistic explanations of the paranormal and supernatural" is the title of my essay.

Visit my essay, you will find there the New Cartesian Physic and make a short entry: "I believe that space is a matter" I will answer you in return. Can put me 1.

Sincerely,

Dizhechko Boris

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.