Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 4/5/17 at 13:38pm UTC, wrote Thank you, Vladimir, for your encouraging words and the high rating to my...

Vladimir Rodin: on 4/4/17 at 21:16pm UTC, wrote Dear Andrei, I think that only the small number of community members could...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 4/4/17 at 18:23pm UTC, wrote Thank you, Vladimir, for your high estimate of my work. A brief look at...

Vladimir Fedorov: on 4/4/17 at 5:40am UTC, wrote Dear Andrei, I estimate you essay exelent. Excellently written. You are...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 4/2/17 at 21:37pm UTC, wrote Thank you, Vladimir. I'll read your paper, which looks intriguing.

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 4/2/17 at 15:58pm UTC, wrote Dear Andrei, You continue to work on an extremely important theme. You...

Andrei Kirilyuk: on 3/31/17 at 14:14pm UTC, wrote Dear Christian, Thank you for the high rating of my results. I'll have a...

Christian Corda: on 3/31/17 at 13:30pm UTC, wrote Dear Andrei, I find your Essay interesting and peculiar. Despite I...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Stefan Weckbach: "Dear Lorraine, thanks again for your reply. Your point of view is a..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

Lorraine Ford: "Above post was from me" in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

Quantum Antigravity: "EXPERIMENTAL quantum Anti-gravity —..." in The Myth of Gravity

Pentcho Valev: "Money for teleology and silly songs only? The teleology contest is a..." in Towards a Goal — Two...

Nina Marrian: "New binary options trading technology named Lazy Trader App is a dangerous..." in Are We Merging With Our...

Jonathan Dickau: "He has been somewhat insular.. Steven is reluctant to re-engage, mostly..." in A Self-Gravitational...

Jonathan Dickau: "I went and read your essay. And I commented there. Regards, JJD" in Alternative Models of...

Thomas Ray: "Jonathan, Did you hear from Steven?" in A Self-Gravitational...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

The Spacetime Revolutionary
Carlo Rovelli describes how black holes may transition to "white holes," according to loop quantum gravity, a radical rewrite of fundamental physics.

Riding the Rogue Quantum Waves
Could giant sea swells help explain how the macroscopic world emerges from the quantum microworld? (Image credit: MIT News)

FQXi FORUM
April 23, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: The Unified Complex-Dynamic Origin of Time, Intention, Life, and Everything by Andrei Kirilyuk [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Andrei Kirilyuk wrote on Feb. 21, 2017 @ 15:31 GMT
Essay Abstract

Based on the unreduced, non-perturbative solution to arbitrary interaction problem, we show that any interaction process underlying real system dynamics and object properties gives rise to irreversible time flow, universally specified evolution purpose and meaningful intentions at higher levels of universally defined dynamic complexity. The new mathematics of real-world complexity contains thus well-specified intrinsic teleology due to its rigorously derived extension with respect to usual, “goal-free” and “mindless” theory. We outline major aspects and applications of that extended, naturally teleological and causally complete science framework, including critically important problem solutions.

Author Bio

Andrei Kirilyuk is a theoretical physicist (since 1979) and Senior Researcher at the Institute of Metal Physics, Kyiv, Ukraine. He also worked in France (Paris, 1991-95). He is the author of the Universal Science of Complexity, the intrinsically unified, causally complete and problem-solving extension of conventional theories.

Download Essay PDF File

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 22, 2017 @ 05:03 GMT
Dear Andrei

I have read your article. It is impressive by its professional level and style of narration. Correctly speaking, I did not understand its full content, maybe because I am not so inclined to a deeply study all the math judgments.

I prefer to examine the cause - logical side of questions first before of quantitative study.

This probably may seem as something wild, in the view of professionals. However, I gone on this way and I have opened much unexpected things, as I believe.

I am dare to offer you to check my works, not now of course, but in any good time for you - if these may seems to you interesting.

I welcome your work!

Best wishes,

report post as inappropriate

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Feb. 22, 2017 @ 10:11 GMT
Dear George,

Thank you for your interest and your positive estimate of my results. I agree with you about the importance of general logical consistency of a theory and related experimental observations as compared to purely internal rules of technical, mathematical or computational, instruments. In my case I preserve all mathematical rigour in my result derivation, but would insist on the possibility of "verbal" presentation of the same results in terms of general logic, without losing any essential details. It naturally involves the intrinsic realism of the approaches and tools used. I'm glad to see that you seem to like the same kind of causally complete knowledge and shall have a look at your work.

Joe Fisher replied on Feb. 22, 2017 @ 16:38 GMT
Dear Dr. Kirilyuk,

Please excuse me for I have no intention of disparaging in any way any part of your essay.

I merely wish to point out that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate.”

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and perhaps comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Wilhelmus de Wilde wrote on Feb. 23, 2017 @ 16:25 GMT
Dear Andrei,

Your goal in this essay is clear to me, it seems that we have several paralel ways of approach but here and there different conclusions. Thay=t is exactly what is steering humanity towards more understanding, nowone alone has all the wisdom.

I also hope thet you can read my essay : The Purpose of Life[link] and leave a reaction/rating

best regards and good luck

Wilhelmus

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 24, 2017 @ 00:01 GMT
Dear Kirilyuk,

Accept my congratulations for giving us a Good essay on complex-dynamic theory of civilisation development….

You have nicely touched many points in your essay for example….

In page 1….” irreversibly flowing time, uneven change/events and purposeful evolution of the causally emerging structure…..”

In page 2…” The discovered dynamic instability of any real structure is qualitatively different from respective imitations of usual, dynamically sin-gle-valued, or unitary, theory, where different states (“multistability”) or trajectory configu-rations (“basins of attraction”) along formal-time evolution of its unique solution are but coexisting structures of this single solution, which do not give rise to genuine randomness, system change and real time flow. “

Here I want to say few words… “these irreversibly flowing time, uneven change/events and purposeful evolution of the causally emerging structure are some of the features of Dynamic Universe Model. Regarding point 2, Dynamic Universe Model is structurally and dynamically stable, when there is no uniform density… The masses don’t collapse.

Have a look at my essay which discusses another application of Dynamic Universe model and have look at its blog for other applications of Dynamic Universe Model…

http://vaksdynamicuniversemodel.blogspot.in/

Best wishes…………….

=snp. gupta

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 12, 2017 @ 00:10 GMT
Dear Andrei Kirikyuk

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They usually enjoy this wander of their searches around it.

3) For millenniums this wander has been shared by a lot of creative people around the world.

4) What if suddenly, something considered quasi impossible to be found or discovered such as “Time” definition and experimental meaning confronts them?

5) Their reaction would be like, something unbelievable,… a kind of disappointment, probably interpreted as a loss of wander…..

6) ….worst than that, if we say that what was found or discovered wasn’t a viable theory, but a proved fact.

7) Then it would become offensive to be part of the millenary problem solution, instead of being a reason for happiness and satisfaction.

8) The reader approach to the news would be paradoxically adverse.

9) Instead, I think it should be a nice welcome to discovery, to be received with opened arms and considered to be read with full attention.

11)Time “existence” is exclusive as a “measuring system”, its physical existence can’t be proved by science, as the “time system” is. Experimentally “time” is “movement”, we can prove that, showing that with clocks we measure “constant and uniform” movement and not “the so called Time”.

12)The original “time manuscript” has 23 pages, my manuscript in this contest has only 9 pages.

I share this brief with people interested in “time” and with physicists who have been in sore need of this issue for the last 50 or 60 years.

Héctor

Christian Corda wrote on Mar. 31, 2017 @ 13:30 GMT
Dear Andrei,

I find your Essay interesting and peculiar. Despite I disagree with some of your claims, I feel that some of the ideas in your Essay deserve more attention by the scientific community. Thus, I decided to give you the highest score in order to help you to better spread such ideas. Congratulations and good luck in the Contest. I hope that you will have a chance to read our Essay.

Cheers, Ch.

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2862

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Mar. 31, 2017 @ 14:14 GMT
Dear Christian,

Thank you for the high rating of my results. I'll have a look at your paper. I wish you all the best in your work.

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Apr. 2, 2017 @ 15:58 GMT
Dear Andrei,

You continue to work on an extremely important theme. You give deep ideas and make conclusions that will help us overcome the crisis of understanding in fundamental science through the creation of a new comprehensive picture of the world, uniform for physicists, mathematicians and musicians filled with meanings of the "LifeWorld" (E.Husserl). I give give you the highest score. I invite you to read my ideas .

Best regards,

Vladimir

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Apr. 2, 2017 @ 21:37 GMT
Thank you, Vladimir. I'll read your paper, which looks intriguing.

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 05:40 GMT
Dear Andrei,

I estimate you essay exelent. Excellently written.

You are one of the few who directly answers the question put by the contest.

«We obtain the totally unified and causally complete picture of major elementary particles (in the form of complex-dynamical quantum beat processes), their fundamental interactions, intrinsic properties, quantum and relativistic behaviour»

«We then provide causally complete solutions to the problems of higher complexity sublevels of (now genuine) quantum chaos, quantum measurement and purely dynamic classicality emergence in elementary bound, closed systems like atoms, without any ambiguous decoherence by the environment.»

I wish you success in the contest.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 18:23 GMT
Thank you, Vladimir, for your high estimate of my work. A brief look at your paper here shows that there are some correlations, in the spirit of causal approach of Louis de Broglie.

Vladimir Rodin wrote on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 21:16 GMT
Dear Andrei,

I think that only the small number of community members could appreciate your serious scientific work. Of course, I'll give you the highest score.

Best regards and good luck,

Vladimir A. Rodin

Author Andrei Kirilyuk replied on Apr. 5, 2017 @ 13:38 GMT
Thank you, Vladimir, for your encouraging words and the high rating to my paper. I do think that today we have serious reasons to move more actively beyond the current level of knowledge, even if the majority of professional scientists would prefer to remain within the known concepts and results.

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:

And select the letter between 'E' and 'G':

Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.