Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Peter Jackson: on 3/26/17 at 19:41pm UTC, wrote Diksha, Apologies for my post above, about your neighbours paper! I tend...

diksha dixit: on 3/10/17 at 2:51am UTC, wrote I think that scientists have been looking at our patterns and have also...

Don Limuti: on 3/9/17 at 22:41pm UTC, wrote Hi Diksha, I enjoyed your short and to the point essay. I personally like...

Peter Jackson: on 3/1/17 at 16:29pm UTC, wrote Diksha I enjoyed the original and interesting proposal in your nicely...

sridattadev kancharla: on 2/22/17 at 12:57pm UTC, wrote SOUL, Source Of Universal Light, is the origin of space-time and light as...

sridattadev kancharla: on 2/21/17 at 18:14pm UTC, wrote Dear Ms Dixit, I recommend that you watch this small video on divide by...

diksha dixit: on 2/21/17 at 15:29pm UTC, wrote Thankyou mam

Hartanya Bhamra: on 2/21/17 at 12:50pm UTC, wrote Good essay. Good luck Ms. Dixit.

RECENT FORUM POSTS

thuy lien: "9 THINGS WE WERE SEEN FROM RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TRAILER ROCKSTAR HAVE US..." in Collapsing Physics: Q&A...

Anthony Aguirre: "Our mission at FQXi has always been to push boundaries, and to try to focus..." in FQXi's New Large Grant...

John Cox: "Victor, I have reread your post and still find agreement. Realism vs...." in What Is...

Victor Usack: "RE John R Cox. You are quite right. Without the math we’ve got..." in What Is...

Anonymous: "hello Bob" in The Complexity Conundrum

shery williams: "Office Setup is the full suite of Microsoft productivity software that..." in Are We Merging With Our...

thuy lien: "The faction in Bannerlord: Battania King: ‘Caladog’ -partially..." in Collapsing Physics: Q&A...

thuy lien: "Good article, thanks for sharing. hell let loose metal gear survive far..." in Blurring Causal Lines

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Complexity Conundrum
Resolving the black hole firewall paradox—by calculating what a real astronaut would compute at the black hole's edge.

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

FQXi FORUM
December 16, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: In all diorder but a secret order. by Diksha Dixit [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author diksha dixit wrote on Feb. 17, 2017 @ 20:42 GMT
Essay Abstract

"In all disorder but a secret order " indeed a true thought BY Sir Carl Jung. Universe is that x variable which we have to solve and someday it will all add up to that simple x. Everything that we perceive in this world is purely mathematical. The different patterns that we see in the universe, the universal geometrical shapes, but why are these the way they are? We are trying to see our around world in the form of mathematics.When all the maths goes wrong in an equation we have to form new equations laws to perceive the situation it mathematically. Which is the direction science is leading us to.

Author Bio

Diksha Panjab University, Chandigarh Bsc 1st year Pursuing bachelors in Physics . Delievered a prsentation on "X-ray universe:making invisible visible" in Panjab university symposium.

Download Essay PDF File

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 08:21 GMT
Nice discussion on Intuition and Math… Diksha...

Good short essay…

Have a look at my essay also…

Best wishes…………….

=snp. Gupta

report post as inappropriate

Author diksha dixit replied on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 13:01 GMT
Thank you sir

I will surely read your essay

Joe Fisher wrote on Feb. 19, 2017 @ 15:55 GMT
Dear Mr. Dixit,

Please excuse me for I have no intention of disparaging in any way any part of your essay.

I merely wish to point out that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate.”

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and perhaps comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Author diksha dixit replied on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 07:17 GMT
Sir

No offence taken and thank you for your truthfull opinion , will surely read your essay

Ps : its Ms Dixit :)

Kigen William Ekeson wrote on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 12:35 GMT
Dear Mr. Diksha,

Thank you for your direct and clear essay. Unfortunately, I must disagree with your premise. Specifically, you say that "Everything that we perceive in this world is purely mathematical". However, do we (who are indeed in the world) not create and perceive experiences that are qualitative? How can mathematics describe the fullness of our perception of certain Spring morning? Or our relative preference between one china pattern or another? These are all complex perceptions, but I contend they are produced at a level of complexity that is fundamentally beyond and therefore inexpressible through our current or foreseeable mathematics.

Thanks again for you contribution.

William Ekeson

Author diksha dixit replied on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 12:57 GMT
Sir

I completely agree with you on this, but I am of the same opinion as your last statement . It is also a example of mindless mathematics and new laws as far as I look at it .In science there is hardly any coincidences I believe .

Thank you

ps :its Ms Dixit

sridattadev kancharla wrote on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 21:38 GMT
Dear Dixit,

I am happy to see your essay on the fundamental nature of mathematics that underlies everything. I agree with you that there is a simple variable 'x' that underlies it all and when solved will help us understand who we are. I request you to kindly see the essay There are no goals as such it's all play in which you will find the variable "i" in the play of "x" that helps us find the answer. I encourage you to share the truth and knowledge that you might find in several well written essays from this contest with your friends and family in India.

Love,

i.

sridattadev kancharla replied on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 23:12 GMT
Dear Ms Dixit,

Also would like to share the truth that "i" is the only "relative variable" that is "absolutely constant", know the "i" in you and you will see the truth.

love,

i.

Author diksha dixit replied on Feb. 21, 2017 @ 04:30 GMT
Sir

I will look into your essay.

Thank you

sridattadev kancharla replied on Feb. 21, 2017 @ 18:14 GMT
Dear Ms Dixit,

I recommend that you watch this small video on divide by zero and pay attention to the final segment of 0/0, the answer to the singularity of consciousness, i, is in it, we are all that singularity i = 0/0, but appear to be different based on our approach to that i and that is duality or relativity. We are one and the same in our essence and mathematics is the proof.

Love,

i.

Hartanya Kaur Bhamra wrote on Feb. 21, 2017 @ 12:50 GMT
Good essay.

Good luck Ms. Dixit.

Author diksha dixit replied on Feb. 21, 2017 @ 15:29 GMT
Thankyou mam

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 1, 2017 @ 16:29 GMT
Diksha

I enjoyed the original and interesting proposal in your nicely written essay.

Indeed I agree there is a 'bias' in nature in the same way that there's an unexplained asymmetry of the CMB radiation. However such asymmetries ask a question 'why?', or 'how'.

I published a paper on the CMB identifying a coherent mechanism uniquely matching all data, then set about QM, which it seemed may not have had an entirely different cause. I discuss this and the 'classical derivation of QM it allows in my essay. Radical stuff! - but you seem unafraid of advancing old doctrine.

I also show how that bias you correctly identify and quantum interactions in our neural network can produce what we understand as 'aims', again consistent with your view (if not mechanism).

Well done for yours, which I feel should be better supported.

Best wishes

Peter

Don Limuti replied on Mar. 9, 2017 @ 22:41 GMT
Hi Diksha,

I enjoyed your short and to the point essay. I personally like short essays and therefore I think you will enjoy my essay.

And I particularly like your intuition concerning gravity: "Combining gravitational laws electromagnetics laws can also lead us somewhere it is just the matter of time."

My investigation points strongly to a graviton as a special kind of photon. And this gravity has features of the bending of space-time.

Take a look at: http://prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/1188/1163

and http://prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/1101/1089

Thanks for your informative essay.

Don Limuti

Author diksha dixit replied on Mar. 10, 2017 @ 02:51 GMT
I think that scientists have been looking at our patterns and have also given the terms such as chimeras and mathematically formed the equations. There have been a lot of discoveries. We our finally closing the gap slowly.

Peter Jackson replied on Mar. 26, 2017 @ 19:41 GMT
Diksha,

Apologies for my post above, about your neighbours paper! I tend to write off the site in case of being logged out, and pasted to yours instead.

I've now read yours and enjoyed the lyrical truths and interesting view of mathematics, gravity etc.

Best wishes

Peter

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.