Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 2/18/17 at 18:51pm UTC, wrote Alexander and Tatiana, Thank you for your comment and evaluation of my...

Alexander Ilyanok: on 2/18/17 at 15:55pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir, As Abraham Lincoln said, "You can mislead some people...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 2/16/17 at 12:11pm UTC, wrote Thank you very much, Peter, for kind comment and appreciation of my ideas...

Peter Jackson: on 2/16/17 at 11:42am UTC, wrote Vladimir Glad you were inspired. My 2nd reading was easier, founded on the...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 2/15/17 at 20:58pm UTC, wrote Dear Peter, Thank you for your insightful and inspiring comment. I began...

Peter Jackson: on 2/15/17 at 20:43pm UTC, wrote Vladimir, At first read it was great, well done. I found no concept or...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 2/15/17 at 10:37am UTC, wrote Dear Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta, Thank you for your insightful...

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 2/14/17 at 23:16pm UTC, wrote Dear Vladimir Rogozhin, A Thank you very much for such a moral...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Jose Koshy: "Steve Agnew, Quoting you, "The wave-particle duality is simply a..." in The Race to Replace the...

James Putnam: "Jose P. Koshy, Your response made it clear that I didn't have anything..." in Alternative Models of...

Jose Koshy: "James Putnam, As you have stated that you have no other reason for..." in Alternative Models of...

Steve Agnew: "If you don't believe in theoretical physics, then what do you believe in?..." in The Race to Replace the...

Steve Dufourny: "all converges towards the spherisation :) the relevance with these 3D..." in Universe of...

cathy ch: "The book includes interviews with many FQXi members and other eminent..." in Review of “A Big Bang...

jani jee: "very interesting combination physics. These principles helpful. i always..." in Santa Barbara Gravity...

Steve Dufourny: "possible indeed this TOE :) Jonathan and the complementarity appears above..." in Universe of...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

The Spacetime Revolutionary
Carlo Rovelli describes how black holes may transition to "white holes," according to loop quantum gravity, a radical rewrite of fundamental physics.

Riding the Rogue Quantum Waves
Could giant sea swells help explain how the macroscopic world emerges from the quantum microworld? (Image credit: MIT News)

Rescuing Reality
A "retrocausal" rewrite of physics, in which influences from the future can affect the past, could solve some quantum quandaries—saving Einstein's view of reality along the way.

Untangling Quantum Causation
Figuring out if A causes B should help to write the rulebook for quantum physics.

FQXi FORUM
February 21, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: Goal → New Heuristic Model of Ideality: Logos → Coincidentia Oppositorum → Primordial Generating Structure by Vladimir I. Rogozhin [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

This essay's rating: Community = 7.1; Public = 4.8

Author Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Feb. 7, 2017 @ 21:43 GMT
Essay Abstract

Fundamental knowledge endures deep conceptual crisis manifested in total crisis of understanding, crisis of interpretation and representation, loss of certainty, troubles with physics, crisis of methodology. Crisis of understanding in fundamental science generates deep crisis of understanding in global society. What way should we choose for overcoming total crisis of understanding in fundamental science? It should be the way of metaphysical construction of new comprehensive model of ideality on the basis of the modified ontology. Result of quarter-century wanderings: sum of ideas, concepts and eidoses, new understanding of space, time, consciousness.

Author Bio

Independent researcher since 1989: ontology, philosophy of physics and mathematics, philosophy of consciousness, member of XX World Congress of Philosophy (Boston, 1998), I-IV Russian Philosophical Congress (1997-2005), The First Conference "Philosophy of Physics: actual problems"(2010), The Third Russian Conference "Philosophy of Mathematics: actual problems" (2013), International Congress "Fundamental Problems of Natural Science and Technology"(2016).

Download Essay PDF File

George Kirakosyan wrote on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 06:41 GMT
Dear Vladimir

I welcome your article as a professional and serious work. For me personally, it is very important that you are well aware of the global crisis of our time, which seems to almost in all spheres of human activity. Well I try to understand the deep meaning of your work to evaluate it by its significance.

Best wishes

report post as inappropriate

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 10:59 GMT
Dear George!

Thank you for your comment. I also congratulate you on the participation in the Contest and the first high evaluation. I began to read your essay and see your deep critical look at all the "trouble with physics." I think that the competition helps sharpen all of the most acute problems in the fundamental science and society.

Good luck in the Сontest!

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Joe Fisher replied on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 16:37 GMT
Dear Dr. Rogozhan,

Please excuse me for I do not wish to be too critical of your fine essay and I do hope that it fairs well in the competition.

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

One real visible Universe must have only one reality. Simple natural reality has nothing to do with any abstract complex musings about imaginary invisible “metaphysical construction of new comprehensive model of ideality on the basis of the modified ontology.”

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 19:42 GMT
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your comments and observations. I fully agree that the principle simplicity is one of the basic principles of Nature. The dialectical principle of triunity (super principle) brings together all the principles of the ontological basis of Nature. I will read your essay in a short time. Sincerely, Vladimir

Branko L Zivlak wrote on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 16:14 GMT
Dear, Mr. Rogozhin

We can not see the world as whole.But we can see the relationship between the whole and the parts.

Regards,

Branko

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 16:51 GMT
Dear Branko,

If we plant the grape seeds in the ground and irrigate with water, then we will see the grapevine and grapes. Then we make a good wine, gather friends together and see all the living world as whole. Constructive metaphysics of process + Music + Poetry helps to see the world as whole. Many thanks!

Vladimir

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 14, 2017 @ 15:28 GMT
Grape seed, which Bulat Okudzhava buries into the warm soil gives an insight into the nature of physical constants, time, meaning, aspiration of being of the Universe to the "LifeWorld "(Husserl)

«I will bury a grape seed into the warm soil,

And will kiss the vine, and pluck the ripe bunches.

And will gather my friends, attune my heart to love,

Otherwise, why do I live on this unchanging earth?

Gather on, my guests, to my feast,

Tell me straight to my face who am I known to be among you.

King of Heaven will forgive me my sins.

Otherwise, why do I live on this unchanging earth?

In her dark-red my Dali 1 will be singing for me,

In my black-and-white I will bow my head before her,

I will listen, captivated, and will die of love and sorrow,

Otherwise, why do I live on this eternal earth?

And when the sunset will swirl, drifting about the corners,

Let the visions float by me time and again:

Blue buffalo, and white eagle, and golden trout,

Otherwise, why do I live on this unchanging earth?» (Bulat Okudzhava)

Patrick Tonin wrote on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 18:58 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your comments on my essay.

I found your essay very well researched and informative. Maybe you could have added a bit more of your personal view on the subject.

All the best,

Patrick

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 19:30 GMT
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. You'll notice that the last two chapters of my essay - entirely my ideaы. Main of them is fully original - ontological construction of the primordial generating structure.

Sincerely, Vladimir

Hans van Leunen wrote on Feb. 10, 2017 @ 15:50 GMT
Dear Dr. Rogozhan,

Thank you for your comments and your interesting paper.

I scanned your paper. I am a physicist and not a philosopher. For every sentence that a philosopher writes, I need to read a book to understand what he is stating. I like to have my models very simple. Only in that condition, I can comprehend and apply these models.

I am convinced that something created...

view entire post

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 10, 2017 @ 16:28 GMT
Dear Hans,

Thanks for reading my essay and deep explanatory comment. Our philosophies are very close in spirit and orientation, so your conclusions are clear to me. Especially your ideas, which I noted in the previous comments on your blog. I construct my model based on a modern interpretation of the ontological "celestial triangle" (Plato), one axiom, a principle of ontological and dialectical unification of matter at all levels of the Universum existence. This is the extreme simplicity (Occam's razor the sharpest), taking into account existing knowledge and traditions. if possible, vote my essay.

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 13, 2017 @ 23:37 GMT
Nice Philosophical essay sir…

Your words in page 7 and 8….

“2. Method of ontological constructing of a symbol-attractor of the primordial generating process of the Universum being as a whole. The total unification of matter at all levels of the Universum.

3. Basification of mathematics (knowledge) is the ontological construction of intrinsic framework, carcass and foundation, and representation in basic (ontological) mathematical symbol.” … are really correct. Universe is singleone

Have a look at my essay also…

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 14, 2017 @ 09:18 GMT
Dear Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta,

Thanks so much for your important comment. You have noted the main thing - the problem basification of mathematics, and hence knowledge as a whole. Today, the foundations of science from the "granite", it is necessary to make it more robust - to transform the "granite" in the "basalt"… The world picture of physicists and poets should be united and filled with the senses of the "LifeWorld" (E.Husserl).

I read your essay in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 14, 2017 @ 10:29 GMT
I read your essay «Distances, Locations, Ages and Reproduction of Galaxies in our Dynamic Universe» and remember Rabindranath Tagore, taking into account the idea of the unity of knowledge, my concept of the ontological (structural, space) of memory, Raj Kapoor's song '50s, which is very loved in Russia, and the theme of the contest:

«Tired in my way I asked the destiny:

“Who pushes me in my back so ruthlessly?” -

“Look back!” - I look - and the complaint ceases:

It is my past who pushes me forward.»

I wish you good luck!

All the Best,

Vladimir

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Feb. 14, 2017 @ 23:16 GMT
Dear Vladimir Rogozhin,

A

Thank you very much for such a moral support. I went to the link you mentioned above http://homepages.xnet.co.nz/~hardy/cosmologystatement.html . Though it was a old petition it is exactly correct even today. No research is supported even morally which is against Bigbang. Forget about the funding. I also tried to sign it, but it is going...

view entire post

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 15, 2017 @ 20:43 GMT
Vladimir,

At first read it was great, well done. I found no concept or argument I could disagree with. I must say your use of language and 'holistic' style defeated speed reading though did convey the 'four centuries of wanderings'.

The problem remains; how do we overcome the problem! Flawed theory seems ever more deeply entrenched and our systems mean most editors and senior academics have negative motivation to change to allow advancement.

I offer one idea in terms of 'self evolution' of thinking methodology which I hope you may comment on.

I'll try to get back to yours to penetrate more deeply later.

Well done.

Peter

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 15, 2017 @ 20:58 GMT
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your insightful and inspiring comment. I began to read your essay.

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Peter Jackson replied on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 11:42 GMT
Vladimir

Glad you were inspired. My 2nd reading was easier, founded on the neural path laid by the first. I found some inspiration myself in the likes of;

'The physics of particles informs us, strictly speaking, on fundamental structures of the nature, but not on fundamental particles.'

Which agrees with my identification of Maxwells 2nd momenta missed by Heisenberg. And;

'Real progress will consist in very serious fight of science with religion which will end with their integration'

Thank you. I hope you do well in the contest and avoid the trolls still relying on the primeval thinking mode (I've exposed 2 so far).

Peter

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 16, 2017 @ 12:11 GMT
Thank you very much, Peter, for kind comment and appreciation of my ideas and concepts. Today our ideas must be as crazy to build a seamless unified basis of fundamental science. I believe that fundamental science takes the maximum responsibility for the modern existential crisis. Vector our consciousness has to make a sharp turn to the life world.

Success in the contest!

With respect, Vladimir

Alexander M. Ilyanok wrote on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 15:55 GMT
Dear Vladimir,

As Abraham Lincoln said, "You can mislead some people permanently or for a while all the people, but you cannot fool all the people all the time ..."

I fully agree with your conclusions in essay

If we consider that it is the metaphysics shape public opinion through the media it is a real danger that an adequate conception of science, its methods and ways of existence in the public mind will be replaced by substitute of abnormal knowledge.

As stated by well-known philosopher of science Karl Popper, modern physics is characterized by crisis of understanding, the occurrence of which is related to: a) the penetration of subjectivism in physics; b) with the conviction that the quantum theory contains the complete and final truth.

Author Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 18:51 GMT
Alexander and Tatiana,

Thank you for your comment and evaluation of my ideas. I believe that overcoming the crisis of understanding in basic science is possible only if the perceived support of various gnoseological paradigms. This crisis is a metaphysical crisis in its deepest essence, crisis knowledge foundations. Appropriate to recall here: «An educated people without a metaphysics is like a richly decorated temple without a holy of holies.» (G.W.F.Hegel)

Today, to select a right course is not only for fundamental science, and we need to understand ourselves ("hard problem of consciousness") and understand the Sun language, the language of the Cosmos (super hard problem of foundations of mathematics and knowledge in general).

Good luck!

Yours faithfully,

Vladimir

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:

And select the letter between 'P' and 'R':

Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.